Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2017, 12:11am
I saw on CA that there is a game on at the Linden Club the same night as the Donny game (29 August).

Well done to all involved for organising it. Be great if it got a higher attendance.

I think my mother could well be in for a surprise visit  ;)
Posted by: lukeo, August 3, 2017, 8:24am; Reply: 1
I'm sure bigs will do an announcement on here at some point, the team have just been told only yesterday who's in the squad so I assume once everything is in place he'll advertise the info.. Im sure he'd appreciate anyone on here who'd like to volunteer to help with things (Ie ticketing etc)
Posted by: Simariner, August 3, 2017, 8:45am; Reply: 2
This is great..  

I don't mind helping out on this if needed.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 3, 2017, 9:15am; Reply: 3
5 minute stroll for me, so i will be there for the game.
Posted by: biggles9999, August 3, 2017, 1:53pm; Reply: 4
Hi folks

very briefly we have had the facilities confirmed and we are working to pull everything together now. I will hopefully have something more formal to announce over the weekend.

But essentially we will be playing against Doncaster Rovers in a 7:15pm kick off. The game will be pay what you want, with all profit going to charity - although there will be a minimum charge that we are currently working on - potentially £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.

I am looking for volunteers to help with marshalling and ticketing on the night, so if anyone would like to support then please message me on here; twitter @biglin86 or email iainbiglin@outlook.com

The three charities will be declared soon as well, but will be 2 relevant to Grimsby and one representing Doncaster.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 3, 2017, 2:02pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from biggles9999
Hi folks

very briefly we have had the facilities confirmed and we are working to pull everything together now. I will hopefully have something more formal to announce over the weekend.

But essentially we will be playing against Doncaster Rovers in a 7:15pm kick off. The game will be pay what you want, with all profit going to charity - although there will be a minimum charge that we are currently working on - potentially £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.

I am looking for volunteers to help with marshalling and ticketing on the night, so if anyone would like to support then please message me on here; twitter @biglin86 or email iainbiglin@outlook.com

The three charities will be declared soon as well, but will be 2 relevant to Grimsby and one representing Doncaster.

If you give the Cleethorpes Chronicle a 1 to 1 with the manager before hand I reckon you'd get free advertising 😉
Posted by: RichMariner, August 3, 2017, 3:40pm; Reply: 6
Amazing idea. I really do hope this game attracts more fans than the Chuck-a-trade trophy match over at BP because that would make one hell of a story (and a statement to our friend Mr Harvey).

Actions speak louder than words, etc.
Posted by: biggles9999, August 3, 2017, 3:40pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last

If you give the Cleethorpes Chronicle a 1 to 1 with the manager before hand I reckon you'd get free advertising 😉

Hold that thought ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from biggles9999
Hi folks

Put me down for a season ticket  :)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 3, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 9
Be class if we could make a right noisy atmosphere for the Town team.
Posted by: biggles9999, August 3, 2017, 8:33pm; Reply: 10
Well that's we are hoping for folks, make a proper game of it - show what real fans are made of.

Props to Doncaster as well. The guys coming over a great bunch and very like minded. Should be a good game, if not one for the purists!
Posted by: lukeo, August 3, 2017, 8:40pm; Reply: 11
Although I sadly can't go I urge everyone who sees this to please go watch this game and not gtfc on this occasion.. I've played for the boys over the years and have some amazing friends for life in the team, they're a great bunch of lads. I also remember playing donny on at least two occasions and assuming they're still the same group they're a great bunch aswell. So get yourself down to this game, have a good evening and be nice ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 3, 2017, 8:46pm; Reply: 12
This will be outstanding, well done to all involved. I'll be down supporting the lads, Bigs, I'm happy to help out - let me know what I can do.

Cheers

Padge
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 3, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 13
Good work 👍👍✌️✌️Harvey
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 5:20pm