Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chelseacity, July 27, 2017, 7:02pm
With the news that shithouse Bogle has posted on twitter that he won't be playing on Saturday and the rumour that QPR and Ipswich are hovering we dont need to buy another striker, Lang's got a bit about him and has shown loads of potential in the friendlies.
Show carthorse Bogle the door we dont need him! He's bloody hopeless just like the useless pr**k that signed him!

Read more: http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33579&posts=9#ixzz4o3XsJl7u
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 27, 2017, 7:10pm; Reply: 1
Not exactly a representative sample of Wigan supporters.
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 27, 2017, 7:15pm; Reply: 2
cant be that bad if QPR/Ipswitch are sniffing.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, July 27, 2017, 7:16pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Not exactly a representative sample of Wigan supporters.

There you go putting things into context...
Posted by: LH, July 27, 2017, 8:41pm; Reply: 4
Football was only introduced in to Wigan in about 2004 so take any of their opinions on Bogle with a pinch of salt.
Posted by: Meza, July 27, 2017, 8:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LH
Football was only introduced in to Wigan in about 2004 so take any of their opinions on Bogle with a pinch of salt.

And they haven't looked back  ::)
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 27, 2017, 9:25pm; Reply: 6
Wigan got small club syndrome, they'll find their way back to their rightful place in the pyramid.
Posted by: lee65, July 27, 2017, 9:27pm; Reply: 7
Well, in the Wigan games that I watched (out of interest after Omar moved there) he looked like one of the best players, and the service he was receiving was usually awful!
Posted by: wiggers, July 28, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 8
Omar is class, he will do well wherever he goes.
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, July 28, 2017, 8:49pm; Reply: 9
Bogle has talent there's no denying the fact BUT he is also petulant ,unruly and suffers from self doubt which cripples his focus .He's been a big fish in a little pond but after taking the step up he's been found out very quickly. Teams like Ipswich and QPR believe they have a right to be among the premiership elite having tasted past successes and will grasp any straw to return. Bogle ,if a success , would be a cheap gamble to take towards a return as they're all hoping for another Vardy. It'll take a firm hand to get his raw talent under control but do top clubs have that much patience.Clearly Wigan don't !    
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 28, 2017, 9:49pm; Reply: 10
He"s a league 1 player they are definitely a league one team!
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, July 28, 2017, 10:57pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
He"s a league 1 player they are definitely a league one team!

Sorry to disagree -He could be but has yet to really prove it.

Posted by: forza ivano, July 29, 2017, 12:36am; Reply: 12
Bogle has talent there's no denying the fact BUT he is also petulant ,unruly and suffers from self doubt which cripples his focus .He's been a big fish in a little pond but after taking the step up he's been found out very quickly. Teams like Ipswich and QPR believe they have a right to be among the premiership elite having tasted past successes and will grasp any straw to return. Bogle ,if a success , would be a cheap gamble to take towards a return as they're all hoping for another Vardy. It'll take a firm hand to get his raw talent under control but do top clubs have that much patience.Clearly Wigan don't !    

Wow.so many assumptions, so little knowledge. You might be right that he's weak mentally, but a good coach n psychological support this can easily be overcome.the mental side to sport has almost criminally under estimated
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 29, 2017, 12:55am; Reply: 13

What a load of cobblers! I bet you didn't spout the crap above @ 15.45 on 15/05/16
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, July 29, 2017, 9:46am; Reply: 14
There's no smoke without fire.Why are Wigan  so willing to pass Bogle on -without a profit- if he's that good . All will no doubt be revealed in time but loyalty to a player who did Us proud does not ensure success at a Higher level.
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 29, 2017, 10:30am; Reply: 15
How has he been found wanting? He was one of the only things that gave them a chance of promotion, and their fans have good reviews of him. It's only due to a manager change that he's gone out of favour, which we as a club have experienced over the last year.
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, July 29, 2017, 11:25am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mariner93er
How has he been found wanting? He was one of the only things that gave them a chance of promotion, and their fans have good reviews of him. It's only due to a manager change that he's gone out of favour, which we as a club have experienced over the last year.

We all see things differently for sure but any new manager needs to appraise his players and obviously he saw something he wasn't keen on or he wouldn't be moving on as quickly as we are currently told. The previous manager would not want to admit he made a mistake but a new manage usually has the opportunity to change things around.....as Slade is doing at town. Is Bogle a victim or just not up to it, only time will tell.
  l
Posted by: oldun, July 29, 2017, 12:53pm; Reply: 17
If they want to strengthen other areas I guess they need to raise some cash
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, July 29, 2017, 1:37pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What a load of cobblers! I bet you didn't spout the crap above @ 15.45 on 15/05/16

Abso-bloody-lutely. My love for Omar Bogle is unconditional.
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, July 29, 2017, 1:47pm; Reply: 19
Blind faith for someone who took the money and run?  Past heroes are history. Who will be towns next saviour is of more interest.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 29, 2017, 2:42pm; Reply: 20
They all take the money and run at some point mate.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, July 30, 2017, 1:33am; Reply: 21
🙈 Lincoln think they could sign bogle, absolutely no chance swear they forget about the grimsbyitis
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 30, 2017, 8:12am; Reply: 22
Lincoln and Mansfield got no chance, he's far to good for league 2.
Posted by: wigworld, July 30, 2017, 9:26am; Reply: 23
He'd be better off biding his time at Wigan than dropping back to league 2. Wigan will most likely have a new manager and he'll be in favour again before the end of the year.
Posted by: LH, July 30, 2017, 5:13pm; Reply: 24
The more tweets I read sent directly to Omar (he's liking them all so they show up on my feed) the more I hope Wigan fall all the way into non-league. What a set of deluded, abusive twits they are. Hope he goes back into the Championship and gets 50 goals while Wigan are down by Easter.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 30, 2017, 5:24pm; Reply: 25
On the basis of yesterday I am not sure many of their front players knew where the back of the net was, Will Grigg came on and looked nothing like catching fire. Wigan was always the wrong move for him as you can't put a developing player into a relegation doomed side.  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 30, 2017, 7:19pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from HertsGTFC
On the basis of yesterday I am not sure many of their front players knew where the back of the net was, Will Grigg came on and looked nothing like catching fire. Wigan was always the wrong move for him as you can't put a developing player into a relegation doomed side.  

Brilliant  ;D ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 30, 2017, 7:39pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from OllieGTFC
🙈 Lincoln think they could sign bogle, absolutely no chance swear they forget about the grimsbyitis

To be fair to the Lincoln fans, they think it's "pie in the sky".

Like the post by...... highjo1        :)

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=50204&posts=14
Posted by: lukeo, July 31, 2017, 6:30am; Reply: 28
intercourse sake, I've put wigan-athletic to win the league in my lucky 15.. Now seeing how they're treating our pal Omar I want them to get relegated  ;D
Posted by: rancido, July 31, 2017, 7:47am; Reply: 29
Quoted from LH

Wigan FC was formed in 1932 and joined the football league in 1978
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 31, 2017, 8:12am; Reply: 30
Quoted from rancido

Wigan FC was formed in 1932 and joined the football league in 1978

Their first home league game was against who?

Grimsby, of course.

Now in decline, since the fall of JJB Sports. Never really had a chance as it a rugby league bedrock.

Posted by: Hertsmariner, August 7, 2017, 3:18pm; Reply: 31
Only just caught up with this one. Transfer-listed and having to train with the Academy players until he finds a new club apparently. But I expect all of you knew that already!
Sad nonetheless...
Posted by: oldun, August 7, 2017, 4:52pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Hertsmariner
Only just caught up with this one. Transfer-listed and having to train with the Academy players until he finds a new club apparently. But I expect all of you knew that already!
Sad nonetheless...

he will be miserable
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 7, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Hertsmariner
Sad nonetheless...

They are obviously rolling in it to let a million pound player fester, bunch of numpties.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 7, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 34
Let's have him back on loan here then re-ignite his career after his injury, I think many would have him back in a flash but would he suit russ ???
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 7, 2017, 6:57pm; Reply: 35
Big powerful player like Bogle? Would he suit Russ?
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 7, 2017, 6:59pm; Reply: 36
Ipswich just signed a million pound player from Rangers, Waghorn ?

So Bogle not going there.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 7, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 37
I'm just hoping that Omar is mentally strong enough to handle this situation.
We all saw the thigh slapping etc when things went going his way. It seemed he was annoyed with himself sometimes. I get the feeling he needs regular first team football at whatever level.
Hope he gets sorted soon.
Posted by: chaos33, August 7, 2017, 7:29pm; Reply: 38
What's he supposed to have done?
Posted by: ginnywings, August 7, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 39
Should never have gone there, it's a rugby town and always has been. I can understand why he did, but sometimes a move up the ladder isn't always the best thing when you are suddenly not the big cheese any more.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 7, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 40
It's the change of manager that's done for him.
He's still young and learning. He needs the right handling.
He should have made a few bob from Wigan.  Dropping down slightly and starting again may not be the worst thing ever.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 7, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Civvy at last
It's the change of manager that's done for him.
He's still young and learning. He needs the right handling.
He should have made a few bob from Wigan.  Dropping down slightly and starting again may not be the worst thing ever.

Good points. As i say, i can understand why he went there as it's the wish of all players to go as high as they can, but he may have been better served staying here until the end of the season and spending more time thinking about his next move.
Posted by: stevethefish, August 7, 2017, 8:57pm; Reply: 42
Nah. Half a season in championship was good for him. He'll get a good move before end of transfer window. Everyone needs a goal scorer!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 7, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 43
The move was a money thing, reading between the lines from what Bignot said it was probably life changing money for his entire family, so I imagine it was almost impossible for him to turn down.

I don't blame him or begrudge him moving he definitely deserved it, such a shame it was to a club like Wigan. There would have been much better fits out there for him but those clubs obviously weren't in for him.

He's a good player, he will come back from this.
Posted by: lukeo, August 7, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 44
He went at the right time for me to, I watch a couple of games he played for Wigan and he more than held his own, he will find somewhere whether it's top end of league 1 or bottom end of the championship
Posted by: Brazilnut, August 7, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 45
Do players still get 5% of the transfer fee ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 8, 2017, 1:02pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Brazilnut
Do players still get 5% of the transfer fee ?

I believe that it's still the case that if the player didn't ask for a transfer the percentage for the player still applies... could be wrong though? :-/

If so though I'd say Omar fully deserved his cut from the transfer fee... he didn't instigate the move to Wigan
Posted by: gtfc98, August 8, 2017, 1:05pm; Reply: 47
We all know Wigan are a bunch of absolute cretins. It was never the right move for Omar although I can see why he thought it was at the time. There's nothing good about Wigan, their egg chasing clueless fans, their buffoon of an owner (did you know he broke his leg in the FA cup final?) and his arrogant sharp object of a grandson as his puppet chairman.

Come home Omar.
Posted by: Garth, August 8, 2017, 2:06pm; Reply: 48
We need a player like Omar, would JF take a gamble and buy him/ loan him and sell him on if necessary when we have won promotion.
Can't lose in the long run, but it ain't going to happen
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, August 8, 2017, 2:45pm; Reply: 49
Bogle's a good player but has serious mental blocks to over come.  He was an absolute headless chicken when he first arrived and needed to be benched by Hurst for Bogle to realise that it wasn't all about him and it was a team game.  It was after his return to the first team, that we saw the best of Bogle and was an excellent team player under the guidance of Hurst.  Bignot came in a gave him a free reign and even though he still banged a few in, he was all over the place just doing whatever the intercourse he wanted.  After his brief spell at Wigan, he and his ego are going to be even harder to manage, if he drops down a division.

We couldn't afford him anyway but he won't come back to League 2.
Posted by: Garth, August 8, 2017, 3:25pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Bogle's a good player but has serious mental blocks to over come.  He was an absolute headless chicken when he first arrived and needed to be benched by Hurst for Bogle to realise that it wasn't all about him and it was a team game.  It was after his return to the first team, that we saw the best of Bogle and was an excellent team player under the guidance of Hurst.  Bignot came in a gave him a free reign and even though he still banged a few in, he was all over the place just doing whatever the intercourse he wanted.  After his brief spell at Wigan, he and his ego are going to be even harder to manage, if he drops down a division.

We couldn't afford him anyway but he won't come back to League 2.

Could not afford Wymark, Birtles or  Medonca,   they dropped a bit in status, but we did. He who dares WINS

Its a funny old game Saint!   ;D
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 8, 2017, 3:34pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Garth

Could not afford Wymark, Birtles or  Medonca,   they dropped a bit in status, but we did. He who dares WINS

Its a funny old game Saint!   ;D

He will be on a five figure weekly wage. He's well out of our league now financially and he'd be mad to drop to league two at 24 years old IMO. Looks like they want him out of the door permanently anyway, in which case we would need to find the 800k transfer fee as well. Never going to happen.

Whymark and Birtles were both 32 in an age where even former England internationals still had bills to pay and weren't set up for life after receiving their first months wage packets! Clive was trying to establish himself after a few injuries and not really fitting into Sheff Utd's style of play (think Brian Deane and Tony Agana).
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 8, 2017, 8:39pm; Reply: 52
If they ain't shifted him by transfer deadline, worth a cheeky loan bid till next window? Paying a percentage of his wage.

I mean if they aren't going to play him but still pay they may as well let him put himself in the shop window for February ............ Ok we can all dream 😄
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 8, 2017, 8:44pm; Reply: 53
He was there at the game today. Would love him back in a loan deal.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 8, 2017, 8:46pm; Reply: 54

Rumour is Omar was here tonight, maybe Derby are tapping him up.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, August 8, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 55
Yeah, Omar was sat in front of me, wished him all the best, said we needed him back on loan, and he just laughed....maybe Derby are interested?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 8, 2017, 8:53pm; Reply: 56
Too late we already signed the new Bogle tonight, He'll be gone at Christmas for £900K or on loan to N Ferriby  :P
Posted by: lukeo, August 8, 2017, 8:58pm; Reply: 57
Says it all really.. Wigan are at home this evening and he's over at blundell park
Posted by: golfer, August 9, 2017, 7:24am; Reply: 58
I still don't know what he has supposedly done wrong-must be something really bad for him to be completely discarded from the team-can't be just team selections. Come on G.T. mi5 get probing.
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 9, 2017, 11:12am; Reply: 59
If there is something we don't know about which might somehow justify his being ostracised at Wigan, then surely they would want to see some return on their outlay from last season? Loan him to GTFC until Xmas to get him back into the shop window, win win all round?
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 9, 2017, 1:06pm; Reply: 60
Latest rumour on Facebook is that he's signing for the great unwashed up the road for £700k.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 9, 2017, 3:29pm; Reply: 61
We should do an operation omar to pay his wages and get him back
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, August 9, 2017, 8:05pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from jock dock tower
Latest rumour on Facebook is that he's signing for the great unwashed up the road for £700k.

I have also heard this.

Posted by: supertown, August 9, 2017, 9:06pm; Reply: 63

Is that scunny?
Posted by: LH, August 9, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 64
Whoever made that rumour up has come clean and said they made it up.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 9, 2017, 10:32pm; Reply: 65
It was grade a level banter, the sort 'Mad' Gav Gunning would be proud of.
Posted by: bradzmilne, August 11, 2017, 3:43pm; Reply: 66
The one thing I will say about this whole saga, is that it can't be doing Omar very good at all. Once you forget about the logistics of the whole transfer, you have to remember a young striker, with abundances of talent is being left out in the cold. That's not where he is going to fulfil his potential, so for Christ sake - Wigan/Omar/whoever else is bloody involved get your finger out and sort it sooner rather than later
Posted by: marinerrick, August 11, 2017, 5:27pm; Reply: 67
Just seen this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.sportsmole.co.uk/people/omar-bogle/
Not sure how reliable it is
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, August 11, 2017, 6:17pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from marinerrick

Not out of the question.
Boyle would be joining 2 former Wigan players..... bit further east than usual, but could be on the cards.
Posted by: golfer, August 11, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 69
Has he gone as well as Bogle ?  They don't seem a bad side- they beat Sutjeska Niksik  3 - 1   FFS
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 15, 2017, 7:43pm; Reply: 70

HITC.....

Odds slashed: Bookies cut Cardiff City into 1/5 to sign Wigan striker Omar Bogle.

Popular bookmakers SkyBET have dramatically slashed the odds on Cardiff City signing Wigan forward Omar Bogle.

And SkyBET believe that he could very well be plying his trade in Wales this term, listing Cardiff as short as 1/5 to sign the pacey forward, ahead of Scunthorpe at 6/1.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 7:02am