Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HotToddy, July 8, 2017, 2:48pm
Town say that 2100 season tickets have been sold to date but they think that total could rise to 3000. Thats not bad at all. https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/season-ticket-update---will-we-reach-3k-in-sales/
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 8, 2017, 4:11pm; Reply: 1

There will be a mad rush for season tickets towards the end of next week even if we don't sign Wayne Rooney.
Posted by: JMT, July 8, 2017, 4:22pm; Reply: 2
Quite surprised me that tbh...
Posted by: barralad, July 8, 2017, 4:27pm; Reply: 3
I know of at least six people including me who will be renewing as close to the deadline as possible for purely financial reasons. I would think 3K is well within range...
Posted by: golfer, July 8, 2017, 5:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from barralad
I know of at least six people including me who will be renewing as close to the deadline as possible for purely financial reasons. I would think 3K is well within range...

If any true Town fan wants to borrow the money for season ticket I will be only too happy to oblige interest free for 1 year only. I am afraid this will only be available to the first 7000 applicants P.S.  Terms and conditions apply of course
Posted by: Davec, July 8, 2017, 5:31pm; Reply: 5
I am getting mine on Monday
Posted by: Spatchcock, July 8, 2017, 5:42pm; Reply: 6
Renewed mine today.

I asked one of the staff in the ticket office how many we had sold to date. They said around 1700? But expecting a big push on sales in the final week.
Posted by: lukeo, July 8, 2017, 6:10pm; Reply: 7
Because it has been so quiet I expected only a couple of hundred since they announced 1,000.. So to say 2,100 have been sold I'm slightly relieved and glad :) utm
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 8, 2017, 8:25pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from golfer

If any true Town fan wants to borrow the money for season ticket I will be only too happy to oblige interest free for 1 year only. I am afraid this will only be available to the first 7000 applicants P.S.  Terms and conditions apply of course

7,000 x the price of a season ticket on offer, with that sort of money in the bank golfer wouldn't you rather consider buying Mr Fenty out...... ;)

The board meetings would be interesting.

Posted by: easypeersy, July 8, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 9
Is it 1700 or 2100?

I have got mine, first time ever for me!
Posted by: Kristine, July 8, 2017, 10:47pm; Reply: 10
Leaving mine mighty fine by buying on Thursday - purely for financial reasons!
Posted by: golfer, July 9, 2017, 7:35am; Reply: 11
Got mine
Posted by: towncryer, July 9, 2017, 9:40pm; Reply: 12
Over 6000 season tickets for us including our junior Imps sectionat the moment . It's true we are on a roll after last season and our first season back in the league for 6 seasons but it's no denying  that is an impressive amount in League 2.
In fact when we have to give up the Stacey West Stand to away fans which will happen in probably half our home games there will be a very limited number of pay on the day tickets.
Posted by: pizzzza, July 9, 2017, 9:45pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from towncryer
Over 6000 season tickets for us including our junior Imps sectionat the moment . It's true we are on a roll after last season and our first season back in the league for 6 seasons but it's no denying  that is an impressive amount in League 2.
In fact when we have to give up the Stacey West Stand to away fans which will happen in probably half our home games there will be a very limited number of pay on the day tickets.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted by: towncryer, July 9, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 14
No problem   ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, July 9, 2017, 10:40pm; Reply: 15
Seems to be a few Imps on here all of a sudden. I wonder why?

Go on, tell us you were one of the 2 thousand faithful when they couldn't give tickets away.
Posted by: towncryer, July 9, 2017, 11:25pm; Reply: 16
Yeah and you were exactly the same when you were crap. There is always a hardcore of fans who go what ever whether your lincoln gy scunts or whoever.
One thing that will never change and that is football is cyclical, you have your good times and bad times. We had an incredible season last year hence over 6000 season ticket holders this season in our first season back but we are not stupid or deluded or saying we are going to do this that or the other. The vast majority of city fans still have the memories of the previous 5 seasons to last season fresh in their minds and will not be getting to carried away. We do know though, that in the Cowleys we have got two special football managers who are going to go far in the game.  Hopefully  our board can match their ambition and we can hang on to them long enough to see how far they can take us.
Posted by: lukeo, July 9, 2017, 11:27pm; Reply: 17
Keep the Cowley boys and you'll keep on going up in my opinion, exciting times at Lincoln so maybe you guys should pop over to your boards and talk about your team their? :).. I'm happy to welcome all fans to our forum but not if they continue to talk about the same thing over and over about their team.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 9, 2017, 11:44pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from towncryer
Yeah and you were exactly the same when you were crap. There is always a hardcore of fans who go what ever whether your lincoln gy scunts or whoever.
One thing that will never change and that is football is cyclical, you have your good times and bad times. We had an incredible season last year hence over 6000 season ticket holders this season in our first season back but we are not stupid or deluded or saying we are going to do this that or the other. The vast majority of city fans still have the memories of the previous 5 seasons to last season fresh in their minds and will not be getting to carried away. We do know though, that in the Cowleys we have got two special football managers who are going to go far in the game.  Hopefully  our board can match their ambition and we can hang on to them long enough to see how far they can take us.

Is 2000 the vast majority? Let's not kid ourselves that your fans deserted in droves, far more than ours did. You have a good season and you all come out of the woodwork. Only Helgy stuck around this site and gets kudos.

We know you've sold a sh1t ton of season tickets because you are queuing up to tell us so. Weren't queuing for tickets to BP mind.
Posted by: towncryer, July 10, 2017, 12:07am; Reply: 19
Totally agree with you a lot of fans did stay away there is no denying that. Our core support is around the the 2000 mark but it can certainly can dip below that, and it did but that was because of our league position and the absolute dross that was being served up on the pitch. Isn't that the same at 99.9% of clubs?
We could of sold 16000 ticket for our final home game of the season again't Macclesfield if our ground had been big enough and yes that is thousands of people who have jumped on the bandwagon but you must of had exactly the same the year you went up.
Posted by: mariner91, July 10, 2017, 12:31am; Reply: 20
Quoted from towncryer

Except they don't because the 2000-2500 of you that bothered to turn up for 90% of the last six years make roughly a third of your season ticket sales.
Posted by: Impish2, July 10, 2017, 9:09am; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

Only Helgy stuck around this site and gets kudos.

That's not true, I have been registered on here for about 5 years, but suddenly it wouldn't let me post on here before, only read the threads.  Being back in the same league as you made me do a bit of digging so I asked the site admin if I could be re-instated. I know helgy too, he is a decent bloke, bleeds red and white and does a lot of fund raising for the club.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 10, 2017, 9:17am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Impish2

That's not true, I have been registered on here for about 5 years, but suddenly it wouldn't let me post on here before, only read the threads.  Being back in the same league as you made me do a bit of digging so I asked the site admin if I could be re-instated. I know helgy too, he is a decent bloke, bleeds red and white and does a lot of fund raising for the club.

But just decided to start posting to tell us how many season tickets you have sold. The last time we had an influx of Imps was when we got relegated to non league. Didn't post much when you got relegated though.

Hey, good for you, you had a great season and have sold a load of season tickets. Hurrah!
Posted by: Impish2, July 10, 2017, 9:30am; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

But just decided to start posting to tell us how many season tickets you have sold. The last time we had an influx of Imps was when we got relegated to non league. Didn't post much when you got relegated though.

Hey, good for you, you had a great season and have sold a load of season tickets. Hurrah!

No, I couldn't post before because it wouldn't let me but have been registered on here for years when we were playing terrible, hence losing the bet when I donated money to the DIana hospital children's ward, anyone remember me?

I don't think I have posted anything about bigging up our ST sales unless responding to what anyone else has mentioned before.

The reason I posted after being accepted back was because of certain people posting excrement about us only having one very quiet MB, when that's not true!  
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 10, 2017, 9:44am; Reply: 24
We took 30,000 to Wembley once,

Where have they gone ?
Posted by: ginnywings, July 10, 2017, 9:54am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Impish2

No, I couldn't post before because it wouldn't let me but have been registered on here for years when we were playing terrible, hence losing the bet when I donated money to the DIana hospital children's ward, anyone remember me?

I don't think I have posted anything about bigging up our ST sales unless responding to what anyone else has mentioned before.

The reason I posted after being accepted back was because of certain people posting excrement about us only having one very quiet MB, when that's not true!  

OK, fair enough. Welcome back and all that.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 11, 2017, 4:28pm; Reply: 26

Renewed my season ticket yesterday.

Posted by: rancido, July 11, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from towncryer

Well my Dad is bigger than your Dad and he's a policeman as well !!!!!
Posted by: oldun, July 15, 2017, 5:40pm; Reply: 28
Early bird tickets finished at 5pm today.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 15, 2017, 5:49pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from oldun
Early bird tickets finished at 5pm today.

They never finish till the start of the season. They always get extended
Posted by: lukeo, July 15, 2017, 10:19pm; Reply: 30
So how many we got then? I'm predicting 2,520
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 15, 2017, 10:31pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from lukeo
So how many we got then? I'm predicting 2,520

Not as important this season as the balance of the Bogle deal is making the balance sheet look much healthier than in previous years. I think your prediction is about right though.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 16, 2017, 1:05am; Reply: 32
Few people on Twitter saying we'd sold 2800 in total at close of play today - not sure how reliable though.
Posted by: lukeo, July 16, 2017, 7:34am; Reply: 33
For me being realistic 2,800 is a very good amount if it's true.
Posted by: LH, July 16, 2017, 7:40am; Reply: 34
2800 would be a brilliant total when considering that near enough no effort has been put into trying to entice new STHs. Imagine how many we'd have with attractive deals like flexible packages for shift workers etc.
Posted by: Helgy, July 16, 2017, 4:48pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from LH
2800 would be a brilliant total when considering that near enough no effort has been put into trying to entice new STHs. Imagine how many we'd have with attractive deals like flexible packages for shift workers etc.

We used to do flexible deals six packs and Bob's bakers Dozen they worked well for  exiles and shift workers.
Can't do them now as only Bridge Mac stand left for general sale.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 16, 2017, 5:00pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Helgy

We used to do flexible deals six packs and Bob's bakers Dozen they worked well for  exiles and shift workers.
Can't do them now as only Bridge Mac stand left for general sale.

Good contribution to the debate until you get to the bit on bold.

The difference is when you did that  you where desperate for support and we are not..
Posted by: towncryer, July 16, 2017, 8:50pm; Reply: 37
No we weren't desperate for support. Performances and league position will determine your level of support whatever league you are in. The schemes we ran with 6 pack and 12 pack tickets worked but with the season we had last time around if you havnt got a season ticket at Sincil Bank for this season it's going to be difficult to get in especially when we have to give up the Stacy West end for away fans. We realise we are on the crest of a wave at the moment and know things can change very quickly but the club and the fans have to enjoy it while we can. I'm not sure what other clubs have been selling season ticket wise but I think if Town have sold in excess of 2500 that's a pretty decent effort and will be above average for League 2.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 16, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 38
We're just jealous of the ST sales TC. Personally I think 2500 is unexpected but disappointing (shite and a failure to build on last year).

What your club need to think about in the rush to cash-in/maximise on success is what happens to those diehards who followed you through thin and thin who bought the 6/12 packs. What happens if the bubble bursts and the March Violets fade away and some of the hard core have been marginalised?
Posted by: LH, July 16, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 39
6/12 packs a good idea but I'd like to see some sort of offer where you can put a deposit on your seat for the season (for example let's say £100). This guarantees this seat is yours up until three hours before kick off on matchday and you have to buy your match ticket for each game but get a discount out of your deposit. If you don't take up your ticket (or activate it online or by phone) then the seat is freed up for general sale. It keeps a bit of extra money in and means people who might not make every game can have their preferred seat with mates or whatever.

Edit: appreciate this appears very close to a season ticket but it needs fine tuning a bit.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, July 16, 2017, 11:36pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from LH
6/12 packs a good idea but I'd like to see some sort of offer where you can put a deposit on your seat for the season (for example let's say £100). This guarantees this seat is yours up until three hours before kick off on matchday and you have to buy your match ticket for each game but get a discount out of your deposit. If you don't take up your ticket (or activate it online or by phone) then the seat is freed up for general sale. It keeps a bit of extra money in and means people who might not make every game can have their preferred seat with mates or whatever.

Edit: appreciate this appears very close to a season ticket but it needs fine tuning a bit.

The logistics of this is ridiculous.Have you not seen the technology they use currently?
Posted by: LH, July 17, 2017, 8:07am; Reply: 41
Well there's another point then. Why haven't we upgraded the ticket system since the 90s? How many other league clubs print tickets on paper ffs? No doubt it'll be because we're waiting for the new stadium. Are computers and printers not portable?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2017, 5:17pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from headingly_mariner

They never finish till the start of the season. They always get extended

Due to the fantastic sales achieved already with season tickets in the last six weeks with 2,750 issued to date, the club has decided to officially extend the Early Bird discount until 12 noon on Saturday 29th July 2017.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 17, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 43
A big push to 3,000 then  :)
Posted by: ginnywings, July 17, 2017, 7:58pm; Reply: 44
Me and my bro getting one on Friday, so i was hoping they'd extend. Never really expected them not to.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 17, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Has anyone done there renewal online?  I've received a confirmation of the order on Saturday and that's it?

I did so. Got confirmation email. Went into the tkt office to collect a week or so later. Convenient and simple imo
Posted by: Grimal, July 17, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Has anyone done there renewal online?  I've received a confirmation of the order on Saturday and that's it?

Yes , I ordered mine online, they send a confirmation Email of receiving your order and a couple of days later another Email stating the order is complete and ready to collect.

Posted by: towncryer, July 17, 2017, 8:43pm; Reply: 47
Do the club not do a deal on season tickets where payment can be spread over a certain amount of months. I know we do that through a finance company.
Just helps with not having to fork out £300 or whatever it is all at once.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 17, 2017, 9:08pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Grimal

Yes , I ordered mine online, they send a confirmation Email of receiving your order and a couple of days later another Email stating the order is complete and ready to collect.

Don't think I got a 2nd email but I checked my account to see they had debited the money and went in a few days later
Posted by: lukeo, July 17, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 49
2,750.. To me a but if a surprise genuinely expected slightly less just because of what I feel a slightly negative attitude on here. Obviously not living in the area this site is all I can go by. I'm personally looking forward to the season ahead. If I had a choice I'd choose Slade and his team over Hurst or Bignot 100%. So for me I'm very much looking forward to the future of this club, short term or long we will have to wait and see.
Utm
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2017, 9:27pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from lukeo
2,750.. To me a but if a surprise genuinely expected slightly less just because of what I feel a slightly negative attitude on here. Obviously not living in the area this site is all I can go by. I'm personally looking forward to the season ahead. If I had a choice I'd choose Slade and his team over Hurst or Bignot 100%. So for me I'm very much looking forward to the future of this club, short term or long we will have to wait and see.
Utm

Same here, Hurst would've at least kept us up, Bignot I'm not sure.

In my opinion we are in safe hands with RS and PW, shame we didn't reappoint RS in the past but that's history now.

Also looking forward to this season.
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 17, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 51
Lincoln could go all the way to the Championship like we did and also the Scunts. The back side of that is can they absorb the sort of losses and stay debt free when it goes wrong, personally I think they would go pop.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 20, 2017, 7:12pm; Reply: 52
i see the club are reporting to have achieved sales "well in excess of the number of tickets it aimed to sell for the season" now we are at the 2750 mark.....

honestly....well in excess !! ....just how much ambition/motivation/get up and go  does the club have i wonder ?  If we are already well in excess of the target by reaching  a figure 200 lower than we achieved last year, just how low was the original hope/target/aim ?

Next season just set the figure at 100 and that way the club can anounce it has "smashed" targets in the first day FFS.

Posted by: grimsby pete, July 20, 2017, 7:52pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from lukeo
Utm

5,000 average gate and about 200 post on here,

So do not take any notice on what posters say.
Posted by: mariner83, July 20, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from towncryer
Do the club not do a deal on season tickets where payment can be spread over a certain amount of months. I know we do that through a finance company.
Just helps with not having to fork out £300 or whatever it is all at once.

Easy Payment Method

Pay for your season ticket over 10 months through Zebra Finance. Email fran@gtfc.co.uk if you require a season ticket pack with a Zebra Finance leaflet included.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/lift-off/
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 20, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from mariner83

Easy Payment Method

Pay for your season ticket over 10 months through Zebra Finance. Email fran@gtfc.co.uk if you require a season ticket pack with a Zebra Finance leaflet included.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/lift-off/

You are in safe hands with Zebra finance, watch out for the loan sharks.
Posted by: Garth, July 21, 2017, 6:26am; Reply: 56
Zebra finance is fine with very little interest charged on the ticket price, used it for two seasons and well satisfied if you don't want to fork out the full price of the ticket in one go.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 2, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 57
Finally got around to buying mine this morning. About 2850 sold to date i was told. Slightly down on last season but not by much.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 2, 2017, 8:32pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from ginnywings
Finally got around to buying mine this morning. About 2850 sold to date i was told. Slightly down on last season but not by much.

Which, given the lack of hairs on the neck' signings, no promotion exhilaration, etc, is a magnificent achievement by the fans themselves.  Well done to each and every one of you.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 2, 2017, 8:41pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Civvy at last

Which, given the lack of hairs on the neck' signings, no promotion exhilaration, etc, is a magnificent achievement by the fans themselves.  Well done to each and every one of you.

Agreed, let hope nearly 3000 season tickets transforms into a 'war chest' ( or at least a chest to have have an argument with. Even after taking into account vat that must be £700k??
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 1:49am