Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 6:20pm

#GTFC Team - 1st half. Ramsbottom, Clarke, Collins, Mills, Rose, Wright, Berrett, Kelly, Jones, Osborne, Vernon.

Live Blog !           https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/grimsby-borough-vs.-grimsby-town---live-blog/

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-borough-v-grimsby-town-172328
Posted by: crusty ole pie, July 6, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 1
One up
Posted by: crusty ole pie, July 6, 2017, 7:08pm; Reply: 2
One each
Posted by: crusty ole pie, July 6, 2017, 7:16pm; Reply: 3
Town 1:2
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 7:28pm; Reply: 4

3-1 Jones from the spot
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 5

We could get into double figures by the end at this rate........ :)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 6, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 6
12 - 3 last time we played them.  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 7

Flashscores saying 6-1
Posted by: ginnywings, July 6, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 8
Just heard a rumble of thunder. Thunderstorms forecast for 8pm.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 6, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 9
ScottyV on fire
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 10

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/xQkkYYyA/#match-summary
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 7:56pm; Reply: 11

No pressure on Towns second half team then       ;D
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 6, 2017, 8:08pm; Reply: 12
7-1 dembele fans favourite his going to be.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 8:15pm; Reply: 13
GOAL! Summerfield with the eighth!

A superb finish from the midfielder as he chips the ball over the keeper!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 6, 2017, 8:16pm; Reply: 14
Trialist Jacob Marsden in goal for second half.

He wasn't one of the 3 we took on trial last week so I'm guessing Pain and Kilip are no longer with us?
Posted by: LH, July 6, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 15
I'd 8-2 to be out in the thunderstorm tonight.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from promotion plaice

We could get into double figures by the end at this rate........ :)

9 - 2

Posted by: MarinerGaz, July 6, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from LH
I'd 8-2 to be out in the thunderstorm tonight.

surely 1 2 2 many?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 18

3 - 11 struggling to keep up.... ;D
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 6, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 19
Has it finished? Who were the other scorers?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Has it finished? Who were the other scorers?

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/xQkkYYyA/#match-summary
Posted by: Belfast Town, July 6, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 21
11-3

Wow!!
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 6, 2017, 9:59pm; Reply: 22
First half similar story to Tuesday, Town a lot of play in and around the opposition half. Difference was Osborne and Jones providing good support from wide. Kelly was playing in the No 10 role but didn't really get into the game a great deal.

Vernon took his goals very well and his first seemed to give him a confidence boost. Collins again looked off the pace but we know what he's about so I don't think we've any worries on that front.  Rose in midfield looks like he'll be better as a destroyer alongside a more technical minded player.  Max Wright again impressed me at left back, especially attacking on the overlap. Once he got done for experience by Caine Winnfarah but overall only one winner.

Second half we had pace in abundance going forwards. Dembele in a free role, Bolarinwa and Yussuf either side of Cardwell.  All 4 linked well and had their defence on the back foot all half. Cardwell took his goals very well and set Dembele up with a nice turn of pace. Dembele is simply exciting, no other way needed to describe him.

Got to remember the opposition but going forward we look very promising. At the back, rusty rather than dodgy.

Posted by: denni266, July 6, 2017, 10:27pm; Reply: 23
Very early  days but slightly worrying about the goals we are shipping. hopefully  RS will have taken note and will sort it.. As league standard teams will have a hay day against us  if teams of the very lower divisions can score against us imagine what they will do
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 6, 2017, 10:31pm; Reply: 24
Definitely a case of ring rust and lack of cohesion in my eyes.

We've yet to field a recognised left back and our first choice keeper has only featured for 45 minutes. Far too early for worrying. These games are intended to shake off the cobwebs and get errors and mix-ups out the way.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 6, 2017, 10:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from diehardmariner
First half similar story to Tuesday, Town a lot of play in and around the opposition half. Difference was Osborne and Jones providing good support from wide. Kelly was playing in the No 10 role but didn't really get into the game a great deal.

Vernon took his goals very well and his first seemed to give him a confidence boost. Collins again looked off the pace but we know what he's about so I don't think we've any worries on that front.  Rose in midfield looks like he'll be better as a destroyer alongside a more technical minded player.  Max Wright again impressed me at left back, especially attacking on the overlap. Once he got done for experience by Caine Winnfarah but overall only one winner.

Second half we had pace in abundance going forwards. Dembele in a free role, Bolarinwa and Yussuf either side of Cardwell.  All 4 linked well and had their defence on the back foot all half. Cardwell took his goals very well and set Dembele up with a nice turn of pace. Dembele is simply exciting, no other way needed to describe him.

Got to remember the opposition but going forward we look very promising. At the back, rusty rather than dodgy.

Thanks for the report DHM.
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 6, 2017, 11:22pm; Reply: 26
Very good workout but scoreline shows difference between borough and clee town. Going forward we look very exciting with pace and being direct. Jones, osbourne and dembele are going to be huge for us this season. In the engine room Rose looks like hes got energy to burn and keeps things ticking over. Vernon has come back in and looking lean and fit. Tooks his hattrick well.

Defensively, as others have said, there is work to do. Admittedly without a recognised left back yet and whilst trialling young keepers we need to tighten up before chesterfield....and we will.

Still think we need a left back (obviously ), a centre back/utility defender and 2 strikers.   One could be Harry Carpwell, as in his 2 x 45 minute appearances has scored 3 goals and to me has shown some good signs. Has a turn of pace and for a young lad (20) looks to be a promising prospect.

Still dont think Slades found his new Reddy yet though
Posted by: HotToddy, July 7, 2017, 12:22am; Reply: 27
I count that as 10 goals on the highlights  :)
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 7, 2017, 2:13am; Reply: 28
There were that many goals the editing crew forgot to include their 3rd and Dembele's goal into the highlights package.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 7, 2017, 3:36am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
There were that many goals the editing crew forgot to include their 3rd and Dembele's goal into the highlights package.

Perhaps they were looking at the weather, you wouldn't have got me standing on that scaffolding with lightning going off all around.(Confused)
Posted by: forza ivano, July 7, 2017, 6:58am; Reply: 30
Didn't we win 12-0 at winter ton one year and then get relegated? :-/ :o ;)
Posted by: lukeo, July 7, 2017, 7:35am; Reply: 31
After last night's display I think Its clear we'll struggle to score goals.
Posted by: SpencerMariner, July 7, 2017, 8:15am; Reply: 32
Can't read too much into it been against borough but Rose looked an absolute tank in midfield! thought Cardwell looked decent when he came on aswell.

Thought Wright struggled again at LB, got done a few times, misjudging headers, tackles and positioning. Shame that he's not getting his proper position of right wing because he looks good going forward, i just pray we're not seriously considering him at left back.

I thought the young CB Keeble looked good second half aswell.
Posted by: Garth, July 7, 2017, 8:17am; Reply: 33
Quoted from forza ivano
Didn't we win 12-0 at winter ton one year and then get relegated? :-/ :o ;)

Absolutely, it means nothing other than the obvious,  that we were the better team against a side that were under the standard of Clee Town, its all good for trying out different combinations and winding up fitness levels though
Posted by: barrattstandman, July 7, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 34
What was the " incident " at the end of the game mentioned in the telegraph ?
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 7, 2017, 12:53pm; Reply: 35
Got be honest and say I didn't see any incident, although I dashed off at the final whistle to get out the rain.

Late on a few meaty challenges were flying in from the Borough players, Dembele took a proper whack and had to go off.  In fact, as early as the first half I heard Vernon tell the ref it was supposed to be a friendly.

I really like that we do these local pre-season games and whilst the physical element is good prep, the Town lads aren't there just to be kicked at.
Posted by: Tommy, July 7, 2017, 4:31pm; Reply: 36
This is the line in the GT:

"But Wilkinson played down the incidents at full-time, and praised his side for their handling of the game."

I read that as, "at full time Wilkinson downplayed the incidents."
Print page generated: May 28, 2024, 1:25am