Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 3, 2017, 9:02pm

Missed the first half, looks like it could go either way.

I hope Juventus win it to stop the recent Spanish domination of the Champions League.
Posted by: LH, June 3, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 1
I hope Juve win it purely because of their black and white shirts. It's as close as we'll ever get to seeing Town in the European Cup final.
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 3, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 2

Latest....       Juventus  1-3  Real Madrid             game over

The Prem need to start getting their act together next season.
Posted by: Mariner93er, June 3, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 3
It's a good job Ronaldo plays in q good team, because he offers nothing more than standing in the box anymore. No doubt he's incredible in the box, but he offers nothing creatively anymore.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 3, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner93er
It's a good job Ronaldo plays in q good team, because he offers nothing more than standing in the box anymore. No doubt he's incredible in the box, but he offers nothing creatively anymore.

Apart from the 600 career goals you mean?
Posted by: Mariner93er, June 3, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 5
I'm not doubting his quality for the majority of his career, but if you watch him now, he offers a lot less compared to a few years ago. The old Ronaldo would create something out of nothing, now he's dependent on his team mates.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 3, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 6
Agreed. 40 goals to fire them to La Liga and the Champions League might impress some but he's just not creating enough.....
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 3, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 7
The first half was Juve's and outstanding.  Maybe they put too much effort into it?  All Madrid's second-half.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 3, 2017, 9:56pm; Reply: 8
He's changed his game as he has aged. That is what the great players do.
Posted by: Rick12, June 3, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 9
Ronaldo wow          special mention to Isco who I thought done well as well and by all accounts  was Reals form player these last few months and in part why Bale hasnt got straight back in.With Isco in the side media reports say they look more of a balanced unit than with Bale in the side
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 3, 2017, 10:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner93er

Smoking crack is very bad for your health, I would stop it  now if I where you.
Posted by: Maringer, June 3, 2017, 11:51pm; Reply: 11
Ronaldo is a bit of a goal-hanger these days. But he is a very, very, very, very good one.

What was it tonight? 3 efforts and 2 goals? Excellent run and finish for his second.

Now playing as sort of a Gary Lineker type of striker, arriving at the right place at the right time but doing little else.

Juventus completely ran out of steam after half time. It was like watching a different team.
Posted by: mariner91, June 4, 2017, 2:17am; Reply: 12
Agree with Maringer, his second was an excellent goal. Saw the space, hit the front post at the right time and a great finish. Perfect forward play.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 4, 2017, 6:49am; Reply: 13
Can't believe some folk knocking Ronaldos ability. Probably never see a player like him or Messi in our generation again.
Posted by: Stadium, June 4, 2017, 11:19am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mariner93er

Haha.
What a ridiculous post.
"Just standing in the box",you couldn't make it up. ;D
Posted by: Perkins, June 4, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 15
There's no doubting he is a great player, but what annoys me is his goal celebrations, running to the corner, gesticulating with his arms like some Arabian Prince and standing there till his teammates run over to give him their adoration. Personally i was hoping Juve would win so once again i could see the tears  running down the greasy pratts face.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 4, 2017, 2:54pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Perkins
There's no doubting he is a great player, but what annoys me is his goal celebrations, running to the corner, gesticulating with his arms like some Arabian Prince and standing there till his teammates run over to give him their adoration. Personally i was hoping Juve would win so once again i could see the tears  running down the greasy pratts face.

I agree he's an ar$e and i'd love to have seen his bottom lip going, but there is no denying he is one of the all time greats. His stats are phenomenal.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 4, 2017, 4:52pm; Reply: 17
Ronaldo only scored 8 goals from the quarter-finals onwards this year.  He has broken yet more other scoring record recently.   He really should be doing better.  

He recently beat Jimmy Greaves European goal-scoring record in the top division in the 5 best leagues.  Another player who could only score a shed-load of goals.   What use is that to any team?  (Comments made tongue in cheek before there are any comments).
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:00pm