Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 3, 2017, 4:48pm
I see that Sutton United are charging £30 to stand and £35 for a seat for their FA Cup game v Arsenal.

Is this ripping off the fans who go week in week out or is it justified to get money from the once a season fans?

http://www.suttonunited.net/news.php#3913
Posted by: robborhino, February 3, 2017, 4:52pm; Reply: 1
They could charge double and still get a full house
Posted by: 97 (Guest), February 3, 2017, 4:53pm; Reply: 2
Goes against the spirit of it all. But, it's a once in a generation thing so don't blame them for taking advantage - it's about the only benefit they'll get from the Premier League. They can afford it down there anyway.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, February 3, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin
I see that Sutton United are charging £30 to stand and £35 for a seat for their FA Cup game v Arsenal.

Is this ripping off the fans who go week in week out or is it justified to get money from the once a season fans?

http://www.suttonunited.net/news.php#3913

Probably both.
Posted by: pizzzza, February 3, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 4
Do they know they have to give Arsenal half of the profits too?  ;D
Posted by: Bigdog, February 3, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 5
Ripping the fans off. If making money was such an issue where they have to stuff their loyal supporters, they should have moved it to a bigger venue or The Emirates. If they are insistent on playing it at home for whatever reason then the club should bear the financial consequences, not the fans.. The old boy that's on a pension or the hardworking families on a budget with kids who want to go are easily overlooked and priced out..
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 3, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 6
I think it's a filthy trick.
There's a good chance that some old boy who's struggling on a state pension and goes every week now won't be able to afford it.
Hope it bites them in the bottom in the long run.
(anger3)
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 3, 2017, 5:10pm; Reply: 7
I read that they and Lincoln will receive 250,000 quid for being live on telly.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2017, 5:12pm; Reply: 8
As daft as last week I noticed that Stevenage split thier home games into categories ffs.....,? The most expensive being Cat A which is what they charge for Spurs U23 games??
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 3, 2017, 5:29pm; Reply: 9
Absolute rip off.

If they want to use the tie for commercial reasons, then move it to a bigger ground.
They have already made far more from the cup run than they would have expected.

I'd be fuming if we did it.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 3, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Civvy at last
Absolute rip off.

I'd be fuming if we did it.

To be fair i dont think drawing Sutton would result in us putting prices up  ;)
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 3, 2017, 5:45pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

To be fair i dont think drawing Sutton would result in us putting prices up  ;)

I wouldn't be too sure.  

Ask mighty  ;)
Posted by: Jaws, February 3, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 12
I'd be more annoyed if I was an Arsenal fan. They can see their team in the Premier League away from home for £30.
Posted by: lukeo, February 3, 2017, 6:06pm; Reply: 13
That is terrible. For me what they should do is say for anyone going to the Arsenal game if you bring the stub before the next home game they'll exchange it for a free ticket to that game. Or for season ticket holders just give them say £10 off the price.
Posted by: sutton mariner, February 3, 2017, 6:10pm; Reply: 14
SUTTON
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 3, 2017, 6:11pm; Reply: 15
How much would it cost them to get in a the Emirates?

I've paid more to watch Town so let them make a bit. Like the idea of ST holder being cheaper, but hey.
Posted by: mariner tommy, February 3, 2017, 6:21pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from 40 [b
How much would it cost them to get in a the Emirates?[/b]
I've paid more to watch Town so let them make a bit. Like the idea of ST holder being cheaper, but hey.

I went to watch Arsenal v Ludogoretz in October at the Emirates and it cost me £40 admission

UTM
Posted by: Kris2, February 3, 2017, 6:34pm; Reply: 17
I can see why they'd make a scheme like this to cash in on those people who'l turn up to see Arsenal but have never bothered with their little local club, it is also a slap in the face of those that do though. Be a bit drunk off if you turn up for years to watch against every pub team they play and when they finally get a bit of success they demand a premium from you.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 3, 2017, 7:00pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I think it's a filthy trick.
There's a good chance that some old boy who's struggling on a state pension and goes every week now won't be able to afford it.
Hope it bites them in the bottom in the long run.
(anger3)

Totally agree with you mate.
Posted by: Caesar, February 3, 2017, 8:05pm; Reply: 19
If they could ensure that the couple of thousand who have followed Sutton for a while would get tickets and pay a reasonable price then I would have no problem with them ripping off the tosspots who will suddenly pretend they even knew Sutton had a football club.  As it is I feel sorry that many of the real Sutton fans will get hit wth this.
Posted by: conscorner, February 3, 2017, 8:44pm; Reply: 20
£22.00 to watch Stevenage v Grimsby - £30.00 to watch Arsenal - bargain.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:06pm