Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Henryscat, January 1, 2017, 2:11pm
Signing for Shrewsbury apparently
Posted by: jaygy, January 1, 2017, 2:21pm; Reply: 1
Just seen that on Twitter, Shrewsbury even paying a fee for him 😂😂😂
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 1, 2017, 2:22pm; Reply: 2
I work with a Hartlepool season ticket holder and he says toto has been a liability this season :/
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 1, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jaygy
Just seen that on Twitter, Shrewsbury even paying a fee for him 😂😂😂

In the region of £25,000

Posted by: Marinerz93, January 1, 2017, 3:25pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

In the region of £25,000

Who paid who  ;D
Posted by: Grantley, January 1, 2017, 3:44pm; Reply: 5
Jack Mackreth has signed for Bury too. ??)

What is happening?!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 1, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Grantley
Jack Mackreth has signed for Bury too. ??)

What is happening?!

Nice lad Jack, Bury are crap though.
Posted by: Kris2, January 1, 2017, 4:00pm; Reply: 7
Guess him and Hurst can share war stories about those mean old Grimsby fans and their criticism.
Posted by: Grimal, January 1, 2017, 4:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Henryscat
Signing for Shrewsbury apparently

Thats The Shrews doomed then. Lets hope Hurst is willing to take Berrett off our hands.

Posted by: Paris Mariner, January 1, 2017, 4:23pm; Reply: 9
As I said in the other thread about MacKreth - well done Toto. He's got himself a contract in the third tier of English football. Another player who has used GTFC as a stepping stone in the building of his career. Good luck to him.

The bitterness on here is sad at best.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 1, 2017, 4:26pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Paris Mariner
As I said in the other thread about MacKreth - well done Toto. He's got himself a contract in the third tier of English football. Another player who has used GTFC as a stepping stone in the building of his career. Good luck to him.

Hartlepool fans must be well happy - a fee for their most undisciplined defender.

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60303
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 1, 2017, 4:49pm; Reply: 11

I think its called banter. It is a footy forum after all.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 1, 2017, 4:49pm; Reply: 12

Erm, I suggest your read the Hartlepool forum, they seem to have the same opinion as I did whilst he was here.
Posted by: acko338, January 1, 2017, 5:06pm; Reply: 13
Never a finished article here - too many costly mistakes that cost points.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, January 1, 2017, 5:13pm; Reply: 14
At his best he'll cope ok in league 1. Hurst obviously thinks he can get the best out if him and he's usually right. Good luck to him.
Posted by: LH, January 1, 2017, 5:19pm; Reply: 15
He's only gone to League One because Hurst has taken him there. It's not like he's been scouted and got there.

Used to quite like him and then he blocked me on Twitter because I (without directly mentioning him) mentioned that he'd had a poor game.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 1, 2017, 5:22pm; Reply: 16
Toto is happy when things are going Toto's way. Might have my black and white tinted specs on but give me Shaun Pearson (possibly less talented, definitely more committed) every day of every week.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), January 1, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 17
I have no strong opinionabout him one way or the other. However, I knew he'd last two minutes at Hartlepool. Good move for him, pace of the game in league one might suit him a lot better.
Posted by: Hertsmariner, January 1, 2017, 5:48pm; Reply: 18
And, totally irrelevant to this thread, Emma Byrne (aka Mrs Bignot), has been 'let go' by Arsenal Ladies! Perhaps a backup for James once Dean leaves at the end of January? Ruthless business this footy lark!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 1, 2017, 6:02pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Hertsmariner
And, totally irrelevant to this thread, Emma Byrne (aka Mrs Bignot), has been 'let go' by Arsenal Ladies! Perhaps a backup for James once Dean leaves at the end of January? Ruthless business this footy lark!

Welcome to a 'backward thinking cesspit occupied by downtrodden meaningless nothings' (quote GyFerrers 1st Jan 2017 Mrs Bignot!
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, January 1, 2017, 7:12pm; Reply: 20
Glad Hurst took Toto and not Collins
Posted by: MrsMariner, January 1, 2017, 7:27pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
Glad Hurst took Toto and not Collins

Had to go to plan B when Collins signed his extension with us
Posted by: chaos33, January 1, 2017, 7:29pm; Reply: 22
Me too Cheeks. I confess to being slightly amused that Toto would get a L1 contract after struggling in L2, but good luck to him and of course to Hurst and Shrewsbury  ;) (love1)(icon_arrowd)
Posted by: grimps, January 1, 2017, 7:54pm; Reply: 23
Never liked him after he played the race card and slagged the fans off after the Halifax game
Posted by: blundellpork, January 1, 2017, 8:08pm; Reply: 24
Toto sold himself short going to Hartlepool in the summer. He could have played at League 1 level. Hartlepool struggled last year and were a poor choice when leaving us.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 1, 2017, 8:17pm; Reply: 25
He's a good player, I think he will play higher than league 1 in years to come. He was a loss to us, would have been a fantastic partner for Collins.

What the intercourse is a 'race card'? He said a town fan racially abused him, why would he make that up? There were loads of blokes giving him shite at that game and I could see from the back of the stand that someone had said something that really angered him. The best case scenario is that he misheard what was said, but in reality Town like many other clubs have a moronic element.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2017, 8:25pm; Reply: 26
I liked him a lot and thought there was a fantastic player in there somewhere. Hartlepool was a big mistake clearly but I think he has a good relationship with Hurst and will maybe flourish there.
Posted by: Maringer, January 1, 2017, 8:32pm; Reply: 27
Has the physical attributes to be an excellent defender, up to Second Division (OK, 'Championship') level, I'd have thought.

Whether his concentration and decision-making will ever allow him to reach that high, I'm not sure.

I think of him fondly as a decent player in our promotion team so good luck to him, especially as we now won't be playing against him again this season.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 1, 2017, 8:49pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from blundellpork
Toto sold himself short going to Hartlepool in the summer. He could have played at League 1 level. Hartlepool struggled last year and were a poor choice when leaving us.

Hurst wasn't in League 1 then!  :o
Posted by: chaos33, January 1, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 29
Agree with that summary Maringer.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 1, 2017, 10:34pm; Reply: 30
I was disappointed to lose him. Very gifted defender. Very athletic and his pace was an asset that got the whole back 4 out of trouble on occasion. He had lapses on concentration which lead to poor decision making but he was the best player on the pitch against BR at Wembley and flourished under extreme pressure. When he was good he was very good. I think him and Collins would make an excellent partnership.

I don't buy that Hurst ans Toto have a great relationship though, if they did he'd still be here!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2017, 11:00pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mariner_09
I was disappointed to lose him. Very gifted defender. Very athletic and his pace was an asset that got the whole back 4 out of trouble on occasion. He had lapses on concentration which lead to poor decision making but he was the best player on the pitch against BR at Wembley and flourished under extreme pressure. When he was good he was very good. I think him and Collins would make an excellent partnership.

I don't buy that Hurst ans Toto have a great relationship though, if they did he'd still be here!

Then why is he linking up with him again? Toto left because of the fans supposedly and it sounds like he hasn't got much love from the Poolies either. Maybe the Shrews fans will be more forgiving.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 1, 2017, 11:01pm; Reply: 32
Because Hursty will be offering him more money now than he did then, it's nothing to do with loyalty to Hurst, just raw cash, like the rest of us.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2017, 11:09pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Mariner_09
Because Hursty will be offering him more money now than he did then, it's nothing to do with loyalty to Hurst, just raw cash, like the rest of us.

Never mentioned loyalty. They clearly know each other well which helps and he'll be nearer to his home region. It's not always about more money and we have no idea what he'll be getting paid anyway.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 1, 2017, 11:34pm; Reply: 34
Toto probably left because his agent got him a better deal with the monkey hangers ...... he's a "professional footballer " don't forget. Most of them would sign for anyone for an extra £50 a week.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 1, 2017, 11:57pm; Reply: 35
I think the biggest factor in whether or not Toto makes it to a high level, is whether he really wants to. He's already dropped out of football once and gone on a 'gap year'. Then he has his lapses of concentration, and dubious comments about supporters/thin skin. He'll have to deal with a lot more pressure than a few thousand GY/Pools/Shrews fans on his back.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 2, 2017, 10:26am; Reply: 36
Good luck to Toto, part of our return to the football league, also a player who could have left after his first season but felt he had unfinished business after the BR defeat, I remember that if not many others do.
I think he and Hurst make sense, Hurst defends first so will ensure Toto has support around him to minimise the effects of any lapses whereas the Pools defence is found wanting most weeks regadless of Toto c0cking up
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:45am