Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, November 28, 2016, 4:16pm
1200 in the first day!
Posted by: Simariner, November 28, 2016, 4:28pm; Reply: 1
Gone by the weekend.....
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 28, 2016, 4:59pm; Reply: 2
Definitely, what's the chance of getting more you reckon?
Posted by: Belfast Town, November 28, 2016, 5:09pm; Reply: 3
It's going to be a cracking atmosphere. Can't wait!
Posted by: moosey_club, November 28, 2016, 5:10pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Simariner
Gone by the weekend.....

I think its more a case of ST holders just buying them for friend demand, i know three people who have attended today armed with 5 S.T's between them who have taken the full 20 seats to distribute to friends.
I think demand will subside once these type of runners have distributed them out.
Posted by: heppy88, November 28, 2016, 8:37pm; Reply: 5
Lisa Piggott posted on the GTFC fans group tonight 1318 tickets sold out of 3051.
She states once 2000 tickets sold the club will request an increase.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 28, 2016, 9:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from heppy88
Lisa Piggott posted on the GTFC fans group tonight 1318 tickets sold out of 3051.
She states once 2000 tickets sold the club will request an increase.

That will be some time tomorrow then. Middlesborough and Leeds got given 4000 so I don't know why their would be any reason for them not to give us the same.
Posted by: immariner, November 28, 2016, 9:57pm; Reply: 7
Any season ticket holder kind enough to get two adult and one child's ticket for me please? I'm a trust member and should be going to the Portsmouth game but don't want to miss out/want to get sorted early. Be a reward in it for ya.  :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 28, 2016, 10:29pm; Reply: 8
Does anyone know if you can book over the phone and collect with the stub from your ST book?
Posted by: jaygy, November 28, 2016, 11:03pm; Reply: 9
Can I go in by myself with 2 ST books and get more than 4 tickets?
Posted by: Tommy, November 28, 2016, 11:31pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jaygy
Can I go in by myself with 2 ST books and get more than 4 tickets?

Yes. I did that today.
Posted by: mariner83, November 29, 2016, 12:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Does anyone know if you can book over the phone and collect with the stub from your ST book?

I think you should be able to - you can order online so I'm assuming you'll be able to do a phone order too.
Posted by: Jaws, November 29, 2016, 1:29pm; Reply: 12
After 3 adults if anyone can help out.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 29, 2016, 1:34pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Jaws
After 3 adults if anyone can help out.

Think you're on the wrong site mate ;)

Have you tried plenty of fish.com  ;D
Posted by: Caesar, November 29, 2016, 1:36pm; Reply: 14
2,000 have gone now apparently.  As Trust member was certain when heard we got 3,000 I would get chance to buy some so booked train tickets from London, now I am not so sure.  Hope we get an increase at this rate.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 29, 2016, 1:44pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Caesar
2,000 have gone now apparently.  As Trust member was certain when heard we got 3,000 I would get chance to buy some so booked train tickets from London, now I am not so sure.  Hope we get an increase at this rate.

You will get one mate Town are requesting more tickets taking our allocation to around 4200 we wont sell out and if we do get in the Donny end ;).
Posted by: grimps, November 29, 2016, 2:40pm; Reply: 16
You'll all get one .
we always seem to have a few panic merchants when it comes to tickets for away games , I've not been a season ticket holder for more than 20years and have always got in
Posted by: Caesar, November 29, 2016, 2:48pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 1mickylyons

You will get one mate Town are requesting more tickets taking our allocation to around 4200 we wont sell out and if we do get in the Donny end ;).

Indeed am sure I will, but am normally something of a worrier, however in view of the likely police panicky overreaction to this fixture I feel the need to point out that in the event that we don't get more tickets of course I would never do something as terrible as going in the home end when I could spend the day enjoying the delights of the Frenchgate shopping centre  :P
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 29, 2016, 5:14pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from mariner83

I think you should be able to - you can order online so I'm assuming you'll be able to do a phone order too.

Done on line, thanks for that!
Posted by: MarinerRob, November 29, 2016, 5:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted Text

Quoted from mariner83

Done on line, thanks for that!

Same here, thanks.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 29, 2016, 5:34pm; Reply: 20
Any word on how many left?
Posted by: Bigdog, November 29, 2016, 6:24pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Hagrid
Any word on how many left?

Apparently..

2396 sold

655 left of initial allocation

Seen somewhere 300 more ordered

Doncaster away end max allocation 4200 if needed
Posted by: grimps, November 29, 2016, 7:12pm; Reply: 22
I just had a look at the Donny forum and a couple of theirs are already saying it's only Grimsby ect and that they don't see it as being any bigger as any other game this seasons .
This reminds me of Lincoln's usual excusefest every time we played them.
Apart from a brief period over the last ten years Donny have always been a poorly supported club for the size of the town , They was just lucky enough to have a decent supportive local council that helped them get a decent stadium , If they fail to bounce back up this season they'll go back to the sub 2000 crowds that I always remember them getting in the 80s and 90s
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 29, 2016, 7:17pm; Reply: 23
I should imagine that a lot of them went to see Yorkshire's national team back in those days.  ;D
Posted by: supertown, November 29, 2016, 7:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Civvy at last

Think you're on the wrong site mate ;)

Have you tried plenty of fish.com  ;D

Nice one 😃
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 29, 2016, 7:37pm; Reply: 25
To sell our initial allocation out in 3 days would be incredible. When was the last time we took over 3000 to an away league game?
Posted by: Hagrid, November 29, 2016, 7:50pm; Reply: 26
Getting mine at 12 tomorrow! Shouldnt think theyd sell out just yet😳
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 29, 2016, 7:59pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimps
I just had a look at the Donny forum and a couple of theirs are already saying it's only Grimsby ect and that they don't see it as being any bigger as any other game this seasons .
This reminds me of Lincoln's usual excusefest every time we played them.
Apart from a brief period over the last ten years Donny have always been a poorly supported club for the size of the town , They was just lucky enough to have a decent supportive local council that helped them get a decent stadium , If they fail to bounce back up this season they'll go back to the sub 2000 crowds that I always remember them getting in the 80s and 90s

I remember when we went there and was put in the cage, Donny only had just over 1,000. Donny has always been a Leeds spill over and if it wasn't for the investment and new ground they'd probably be non league right now.
Posted by: Mariner_09, November 29, 2016, 9:01pm; Reply: 28
They're not well positioned. Too near much bigger clubs like Leeds, Shef Utd and Wednesday, as for us there's no where along that east coast so they support us.
Posted by: LH, November 29, 2016, 9:15pm; Reply: 29
Other than geography are we really bothered about them? Not played them in the league for over 25 years have we?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 29, 2016, 9:29pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from LH
Other than geography are we really bothered about them? Not played them in the league for over 25 years have we?

My first reaction was it can't have been that long ago. But you're bloody right. Strewth.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 29, 2016, 10:21pm; Reply: 31
I remember when we took I think nearly 12,000 on Tuesday night 25th April 1972, great crowd but crap result, we lost 2-1, but then went on to win the last two games against Peterborough and Exeter to win the league.
Posted by: Grim74, November 29, 2016, 10:40pm; Reply: 32
Remember going to belle Vue a few times and what a excrement hole even for them days, they always struggled to get more than a few thousand.
I can remember a really good game when they came here about 89 think it was a cup game and town won when the town fans stormed the pitch at the end and went straight over to the rovers fans who excrement themselves, didn't get much better for them outside remember seeing one of there mini buses down Grimsby road opposite Ramsdens smashed to smithereens. Good old days.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 29, 2016, 11:22pm; Reply: 33
Belle Vue made Saltergate look like the Nou Camp.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 30, 2016, 10:21am; Reply: 34
Belle Vue.....i miss watching the gliders take off behind the goal...a bit like watching the Humber shipping traffic
Posted by: Garth, November 30, 2016, 11:16am; Reply: 35
The Belle vue, last time I was there we got bombarded with broken concrete from the dilapidated terraces
Posted by: Tommy, November 30, 2016, 12:02pm; Reply: 36
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/803926296053121024
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 30, 2016, 12:34pm; Reply: 37
On course to hit 3000 in 3 days which would be an unbelievable effort.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 30, 2016, 12:54pm; Reply: 38
got mine UTM
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 30, 2016, 1:44pm; Reply: 39
Around 100 left what an effort C`mon Town
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 30, 2016, 1:46pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Around 100 left what an effort C`mon Town

The other thing with this following is that traditionally the fixtures the week before Xmas are usually the lowest attendance of the Season for most Clubs?
Posted by: LH, November 30, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 41
How many did Scunny take there last time they went?

[tweet]803960112058630144[/tweet]

Not bad company to be mentioned in the same tweet as tbf!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 30, 2016, 2:25pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from LH
How many did Scunny take there last time they went?

[tweet]803960112058630144[/tweet]

Not bad company to be mentioned in the same tweet as tbf!

about 300 and sent most of the tickets back ;D
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 30, 2016, 2:49pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Grim74
Remember going to belle Vue a few times and what a excrement hole even for them days, they always struggled to get more than a few thousand.
I can remember a really good game when they came here about 89 think it was a cup game and town won when the town fans stormed the pitch at the end and went straight over to the rovers fans who excrement themselves, didn't get much better for them outside remember seeing one of there mini buses down Grimsby road opposite Ramsdens smashed to smithereens. Good old days.

I actually saw that mini bus incident happen right in front of my eyes.  I was a lone 14 year old fan on the bus going home after the match, during my first season watching Town properly.  I couldn't believe my eyes if I'm honest, it was unreal!  Some fans were laughing, but others were pretty disgusted by it.

As for the game, was it 1-0?  I seem to remember it was either Big Keith or Cockers who scored, maybe even a last minute goal too, but the old grey matter ain't as fool proof as I think, admittedly.......
Posted by: Sconeboy, November 30, 2016, 2:58pm; Reply: 44
If we don't get extra tickets then I think the way it's been organised is a joke, 4 tickets per season ticket?!!

So that means one season ticket holder could get tickets for himself and all three of his mates that aren't trust members and didn't go to the Carlisle game over before those who are/did?!!

Madness!!
Posted by: grimps, November 30, 2016, 3:02pm; Reply: 45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdV8yDbksC0

This is the one !
The Main stand was a bit more lively in those days  ;D
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, November 30, 2016, 4:04pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Sconeboy
If we don't get extra tickets then I think the way it's been organised is a joke, 4 tickets per season ticket?!!

So that means one season ticket holder could get tickets for himself and all three of his mates that aren't trust members and didn't go to the Carlisle game over before those who are/did?!!

Madness!!

You have a point. Realistically though you must know a season ticket holder who could get you one? You will get one anyway when we receive more.

Posted by: mariner91, November 30, 2016, 4:06pm; Reply: 47
I don't know any season ticket holders, starting to worry that I'll miss out .
Posted by: Jaws, November 30, 2016, 4:11pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from mariner91
I don't know any season ticket holders, starting to worry that I'll miss out .

Same here. Know plenty of people who have been to County and Mansfield away and nothing else but have tickets.
Posted by: Jaws, November 30, 2016, 4:14pm; Reply: 49
Pretty much sold out now, ST holders already complaining on Twitter about missing out. As posted above i am not a ST holder but disgusting if they've missed out.
Posted by: Caesar, November 30, 2016, 4:16pm; Reply: 50
Presume they knew they could get more tickets hence why they allowed 4 tickets per season ticket. Other away games with big demand for tickets haven't allowed that to happen and have limited it to one per season ticket or at most 2.  
Posted by: Mariner_09, November 30, 2016, 4:18pm; Reply: 51
It would appear we'll get 1300 more hopefully, so all trust members and stub holders should get them. I have a ticket and am really looking forward to the game, will have just broken up for Christmas and I always love the game just after I've broken up!
Posted by: MrFisherman, November 30, 2016, 4:54pm; Reply: 52
So are the clowns who think up the ticket policy going for the extra 1300 because letting 4 tickets per season ticket is a total joke to them who can't afford season tickets or cant buy one due to work commitments.
Why is are they so short sighted when it comes to the fans as well
Posted by: Hagrid, November 30, 2016, 4:57pm; Reply: 53
sold out. amazing
Posted by: moosey_club, November 30, 2016, 5:07pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from grimps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdV8yDbksC0

This is the one !
The Main stand was a bit more lively in those days  ;D

That clip is one of my all time favourites, the goal itself was a fantastic  strike on its own but add it was the final minutes, night match, yorkie opposition, the commentary from John Moore, the atmosphere it captured, the boys going mental in the main...all make it a great sporting moment in the times of GTFC....i  have the original VHS tape of that season somewhere just have nothing to play it on !!

Shot On !!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 30, 2016, 5:56pm; Reply: 55
Top effort. Another 1200 should sell as well, will be an awesome atmosphere. If people miss out there will be plenty of space in the home end.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 30, 2016, 6:03pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Jaws
Pretty much sold out now, ST holders already complaining on Twitter about missing out. As posted above i am not a ST holder but disgusting if they've missed out.

It's not really is it? There has been a high demand, priority has rightly gone to STH. The club have actually been great in publicising information about tickets sold, so STH who haven't got them yet only really have themselves to blame. Hopefully though the extra allocation will mean that none of them miss out.
Posted by: Caesar, November 30, 2016, 6:20pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It's not really is it? There has been a high demand, priority has rightly gone to STH. The club have actually been great in publicising information about tickets sold, so STH who haven't got them yet only really have themselves to blame. Hopefully though the extra allocation will mean that none of them miss out.

Disgusting might be a step to far but I think it is poor. Correct me if I am wrong but the tickets went straight away at a ratio of 1 STH = 4 tickets.  Whenever high demand for tickets have been there before it has been at best a 1 for 2 basis, why when there is this high level of demand have they allowed so many tickets to be taken like this? I think that is pretty poor judgement and somewhat unfair.  Don't think anyone begrudges STH getting first picks but 1 to 4 seems a little off imo, although full disclosure I say this a little bit bitterly as I was hoping to get one as a trust member but even with the extra 1,300 that apparently will be allocated I have to wait another week to try and get tickets.  
Posted by: LH, November 30, 2016, 6:21pm; Reply: 58
After stumping up £300+ before a ball is kicked and then still turning up every week despite some poor home results I'd say STHs deserved something back like the opportunity to get an extra ticket for someone (maybe three was excessive).

I rang this afternoon for a different reason but was told it's quite likely we'll get the additional allocation so all is not lost for those who didn't get one but if they go before you get your hands on them then there are plenty of whippets at dog rescue centres and flat caps in charity shops for you to get in what sounds like will be a sparsely populated home end.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, November 30, 2016, 6:23pm; Reply: 59
Season ticket holders usually get 2 tickets for away games.  Giving them 4 this time, is a total joke, and disrespectful to stub holders, who were told they would be in with a chance next Monday of getting tickets.  The club have in effect, turned season ticket holders into ticket touts.  It is illegal to sell on any ticket, even for face value
Posted by: ska face, November 30, 2016, 6:32pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Season ticket holders usually get 2 tickets for away games.  Giving them 4 this time, is a total joke, and disrespectful to stub holders, who were told they would be in with a chance next Monday of getting tickets.  The club have in effect, turned season ticket holders into ticket touts.  It is illegal to sell on any ticket, even for face value

Nothing like a massive overreaction eh? Disrespectful to stub holders, ticket touts? Have a flipping day off.

You would've thought that almost all ST holders and their mates/family will have been sorted by now, there can't be many who won't have been. Then we're getting another 1100, which isn't an insignificant number of tickets, so stub holders will be fine.

I'd sooner see a decent atmosphere with everyone able to sit with their friends and family than the shite atmosphere you get when people are forced to sit in ones and twos.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), November 30, 2016, 6:34pm; Reply: 61
We will surely get another 1200 seen as Leeds, Middlesborough, Stoke and the 2 Sheffield clubs got given that.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 30, 2016, 7:29pm; Reply: 62
When this was announced I did say 4 is excesses (and I am a season ticket holder) and potentially people will miss out after going to most/all games this season in favour of a friend or relative of a ST holder who is a "big game hunter". There are lots of people who go each weeks H&A and just did not have the money to shell out in one go at the start of the season.

We always seem to over complicate this kind of thing I just wonder who makes up the rules from game to game? Can anyone tell us? All being well we will get some more and everyone will be happy.    .
Posted by: Bigdog, November 30, 2016, 8:09pm; Reply: 63
Polarised views from fans with tickets and those panicking without. I guess the truth lies in between.

Bit of a horlicks though..

This situation (for those still without tickets) was predicted by some on here in the "Donny" thread. I suppose by luck rather than design that the club have found out the predicted demand at an early point to do something about it.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 30, 2016, 8:16pm; Reply: 64
If any fellow fishyites want to borrow my season ticket to obtain tickets, then i'd be willing to do that. As long as you bring it back of course.  ;D

I won't be going and all my lot have got theirs as they all have ST's.
Posted by: immariner, November 30, 2016, 8:20pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from immariner
Any season ticket holder kind enough to get two adult and one child's ticket for me please? I'm a trust member and should be going to the Portsmouth game but don't want to miss out/want to get sorted early. Be a reward in it for ya.  :)

Sorry to bump!

If we do get more tickets and someone can help me out with at least 2 tickets, I would be so grateful! There'll be a pint or two in it. Please PM if you can help. Thanks,
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 30, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from ginnywings
If any fellow fishyites want to borrow my season ticket to obtain tickets, then i'd be willing to do that. As long as you bring it back of course.  ;D

I won't be going and all my lot have got theirs as they all have ST's.

Similar to Ginny, I have a season tickets with no purchases against it so in principle 4 ticket possibility, once we get the extras PM me if you are interested. I don't live locally so you will need to book on line and meet me at BP before or after the Pompey game.  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 30, 2016, 10:58pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Jaws

That is what happens when you allow 3000 S/T holders FOUR tickets each not only do S/T holders lose out so does your regular fans that are not S/T holders and your exiles.

The keep moat stadium is a ticket only stadium and you just know the old bill will restrict remaining tickets and want proof of address for home fans even not allowing tickets to be sold match day.

Posted by: moosey_club, November 30, 2016, 11:56pm; Reply: 68
hmmmm....
fantastic numbers regardless of who has actually bought one....unprecedented for an away league match in recent memory and this has caught out the club big time....on reflection a strategy of selling 4-1 when you have close to 3000 STH should have identified that 2250 STH's theoretically could miss out on a ticket...and STH's are supposed to be the clubs most valued customer....poor customer relations.

the previous local(ish) game at Notts County sold a couple of thousand so surely the club should have identified that at least that would be matchedfor this one and therefore 4-1 would soon suck up tickets before any other parties were eligible to buy.  

Maybe its a cunning plan to create demand for ST's and the club will announce 1-1 basis only for future high demand games.

If i had an ST and didnt get a ticket for this game i would be fuming thats for sure.
Posted by: davmariner, November 30, 2016, 11:59pm; Reply: 69
Ordered mine online on Tuesday. I know it's not ideal but have any of you considered trying for tickets in the home end?
Posted by: Jaws, December 1, 2016, 4:34am; Reply: 70
Quoted from LH
After stumping up £300+ before a ball is kicked and then still turning up every week despite some poor home results I'd say STHs deserved something back like the opportunity to get an extra ticket for someone (maybe three was excessive).

I rang this afternoon for a different reason but was told it's quite likely we'll get the additional allocation so all is not lost for those who didn't get one but if they go before you get your hands on them then there are plenty of whippets at dog rescue centres and flat caps in charity shops for you to get in what sounds like will be a sparsely populated home end.

Yes great treat for the 2,250 who haven't got a ticket after the first 750 grabbed 4 each. The £300 gives you discounted entry amongst many other perks, shouldn't be perks for your mates too.

The club is advertising half season tickets on the basis you get priority for away games, hardly priority judging by this.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 1, 2016, 4:52am; Reply: 71
Quoted from davmariner
Ordered mine online on Tuesday. I know it's not ideal but have any of you considered trying for tickets in the home end?

Will want home address proof and you wont be able to purchase tickets on the day that's for sure  :(

Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 1, 2016, 6:13am; Reply: 72
When can Trust members buy tickets? Is that next Monday as well?
Posted by: H19P1, December 1, 2016, 6:20am; Reply: 73
Mariners Trust members and those in possession of a Portsmouth ticket can then purchase Doncaster Rovers tickets from Thursday 8th December, subject to availability. Trust members and Portsmouth ticket holders can purchase two tickets per membership/ticket. Any remaining tickets will go on general sale from Monday 12th December.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 1, 2016, 8:09am; Reply: 74
Quoted from Jaws

Yes great treat for the 2,250 who haven't got a ticket after the first 750 grabbed 4 each. The £300 gives you discounted entry amongst many other perks, shouldn't be perks for your mates too.

The club is advertising half season tickets on the basis you get priority for away games, hardly priority judging by this.

And suddenly ST Holders get 4 tickets.  What a coincidence  ;)

And would appear to have backfired !!
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 1, 2016, 8:28am; Reply: 75
I'm sorry but you do have priority as a season ticket holder, I've got one and numerous others on here who have season tickets have also got a Donny ticket, we wouldn't without a season ticket.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 1, 2016, 8:34am; Reply: 76
I will say as a STH that 4 is excessive and would have expected and been more than happy with 2 myself.
Posted by: Simariner, December 1, 2016, 8:56am; Reply: 77
Quoted from ginnywings
I will say as a STH that 4 is excessive and would have expected and been more than happy with 2 myself.

I agree.  I thought two per ST book would of been the better option...  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 1, 2016, 9:19am; Reply: 78
Quoted from moosey_club
hmmmm....
fantastic numbers regardless of who has actually bought one....unprecedented for an away league match in recent memory and this has caught out the club big time....on reflection a strategy of selling 4-1 when you have close to 3000 STH should have identified that 2250 STH's theoretically could miss out on a ticket...and STH's are supposed to be the clubs most valued customer....poor customer relations.

the previous local(ish) game at Notts County sold a couple of thousand so surely the club should have identified that at least that would be matchedfor this one and therefore 4-1 would soon suck up tickets before any other parties were eligible to buy.  

Maybe its a cunning plan to create demand for ST's and the club will announce 1-1 basis only for future high demand games.

If i had an ST and didnt get a ticket for this game i would be fuming thats for sure.

So would I to be honest, what frustrates me is once again the club have become anonymous and invisible with nobody coming out to explain the science and justification behind this, not just poor customer relations but once again poor PR?  
Posted by: Caesar, December 1, 2016, 9:30am; Reply: 79
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'm sorry but you do have priority as a season ticket holder, I've got one and numerous others on here who have season tickets have also got a Donny ticket, we wouldn't without a season ticket.

As said before and by others such as Ginny I don't think anyone disputes that, I wish I lived locally enough to be a STH but as I don't I completely accept STH should get priority, and if they had been sold on a 2 tickets per ST basis and sold out I would be just as frustrated at missing out but less annoyed.  4 tickets per STH seems too excessive, there are plenty of STH on here and twitter who haven't even attempted to get tickets and yet we have sold out our allocation already, that suggests that a lot of non STH are getting to jump the queue as it were which I think is wrong.  
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 1, 2016, 9:42am; Reply: 80
Quoted from H19P1
Mariners Trust members and those in possession of a Portsmouth ticket can then purchase Doncaster Rovers tickets from Thursday 8th December, subject to availability. Trust members and Portsmouth ticket holders can purchase two tickets per membership/ticket. Any remaining tickets will go on general sale from Monday 12th December.

So as I am going to the Portsmouth game but do not collect my ticket until about 2.30 pm, how do I get a Donny ticket from the 8th December, please note I do not live locally and I am not a trust member. Apologies if I have misunderstood the instructions.
Posted by: Barrattstander, December 1, 2016, 9:54am; Reply: 81
Quoted from Gaffer58

So as I am going to the Portsmouth game but do not collect my ticket until about 2.30 pm, how do I get a Donny ticket from the 8th December, please note I do not live locally and I am not a trust member. Apologies if I have misunderstood the instructions.

I guess you don't, it's all in that phrase 'subject to availability' and it is looking likely there won't be any left by then.
Posted by: Sconeboy, December 1, 2016, 10:00am; Reply: 82
I'm just absolutely bewildered as to why they've given season ticket holders FOUR tickets each, FOUR?!!  ??)

Posted by: RichMariner, December 1, 2016, 10:22am; Reply: 83
The club have cocked this up a bit.

I can only think that they completely underestimated the level of demand there would be - perhaps basing their thinking on the numbers we took to Notts Co?

Four tickets per STH is clearly excessive.

I'm not a STH as I don't live in Grimsby, but I agree they have to be given priority. However, by allowing one STH to buy four tickets, it's effectively taking tickets away from other STHs.

I'm an exile, so I don't fancy my chances of getting a ticket for this.

A more reasonable strategy would have been two tickets per STH for a week, and then a one-for-one deal for Carlisle stub holders and Trust members.

I think it's important to be a Trust member - and being an exile it's helped me get tickets sooner - but I'm not feeling any benefit this time round.
Posted by: Sconeboy, December 1, 2016, 10:43am; Reply: 84
Any further tickets we get have SURELY got to be 1 for 1 on season tickets and Carlisle stubs, then trust members and Portsmouth stubs?!
Posted by: LH, December 1, 2016, 10:43am; Reply: 85
Quoted from Jaws

So knowing that the tickets were selling quickly STHs decided to delay getting tickets - who's fault is that then? The club for a silly personal allocation to individual season ticket holders or the STHs for not bothering to try and get tickets sooner? If you'd bothered to read my full post I said 4:1 was excessive.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 1, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 86
Does anyone have a clue to how many extra we are likely to receive?  I'd be annoyed if it was anything less than the usual 4200 in which most championship clubs used to get.
Posted by: LH, December 1, 2016, 11:44am; Reply: 87
Club said 300 extras to me yesterday, confirmation and info today.
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 1, 2016, 11:45am; Reply: 88
We may not get anymore than the 300, we have a reputation of being hooligans, not sure this is justified but that's the case sadly. Having said that Shef Utd and Leeds aren't exactly revered as role model fan bases are they?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 1, 2016, 11:49am; Reply: 89
Doncaster ground capacity 15,231

Doncaster max gate under 5,300 this season

Town sold 3000  (Going to sell 4200?)

That leaves over 5500 more seats, surely they could give us more!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 1, 2016, 12:25pm; Reply: 90
That leaves about 5,000 home seats for Town fans after our away ticket allocation has all been taken-up.

Everyone who wants to be at the game should get a seat one way or the other.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, December 1, 2016, 12:38pm; Reply: 91
An extra 250 on sale from Monday. 2/ST or Carlisle stub. Club say decision on further allocation to be made on Wednesday.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, December 1, 2016, 4:30pm; Reply: 92
Who actually decides how many per season ticket is allowed? Another GTFC balls up. Simple maths.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 1, 2016, 5:10pm; Reply: 93
Who actually decides how many per season ticket is allowed? Another GTFC balls up. Simple maths.

i can only imagine one of the following ;

the rolling of a dice..
a bingo machine...
Steve Wraith turns to ticket girls and says..."think of a number, any number"

Posted by: Civvy at last, December 1, 2016, 5:24pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from moosey_club

i can only imagine one of the following ;

the rolling of a dice..
a bingo machine...
Steve Wraith turns to ticket girls and says..."think of a number, any number"

I think you'll find John Fenty was discussing it on the golf course. He was looking for an answer when a voice from the heavens boomed out 'FOUR.'  strangely enough, a split second later he was nearly hit by a stray golf ball 😉

Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 1, 2016, 5:35pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from H19P1

Thanks for that. Hopefully there will be some left by then.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 1, 2016, 5:36pm; Reply: 96
I do have a Carlisle stub as well as being a Trust Member. Does that change anything?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 1, 2016, 5:52pm; Reply: 97
Utterly embarrassing organisation by either South Yorkshire police or Doncaster. I'd understand if they have never had any big away followings in the past and was worried about teething problems but they have had several clubs taking 4200 there in the past so what makes us any different?
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 1, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from 1739
Utterly embarrassing organisation by either South Yorkshire police or Doncaster. I'd understand if they have never had any big away followings in the past and was worried about teething problems but they have had several clubs taking 4200 there in the past so what makes us any different?

Have I missed something? Have they said that they definitely won't be giving us the maximum allocation then, I thought they still had to make the decision whether to or not.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 1, 2016, 7:57pm; Reply: 99
They probably thought they gave us enough. There can't be many teams that average 5000 at home, who will take over 3000 to an away game. Most likely caught them by surprise, so we may well get the full allocation yet.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 1, 2016, 8:05pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from ginnywings
They probably thought they gave us enough. There can't be many teams that average 5000 at home, who will take over 3000 to an away game. Most likely caught them by surprise, so we may well get the full allocation yet.

Is my thinking on it
Posted by: totalidiot, December 1, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 101
Just give us the other 1200 tickets cos we will sell them easy, what's hard about that....and then when the 4200 have gone do your best to find some more space for those who still want a ticket.
Posted by: Cloudy, December 1, 2016, 8:49pm; Reply: 102
I would love it if the holders of the 3000+ tickets for Donny away turned up at every home game!!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 1, 2016, 8:53pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from Cloudy
I would love it if the holders of the 3000+ tickets for Donny away turned up at every home game!!

I imagine the vast majority of them do. Are you expecting them to not be town fans?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 1, 2016, 8:58pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from ginnywings

I can see that point of view but when we hit 2600 in two days on Tuesday then surely SYP / Doncaster  would have had a feeling that we would need an large increase in our allocation. Instead of dragging it on till next Wednesday where they will make another decision.
Posted by: Cloudy, December 1, 2016, 9:05pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I imagine the vast majority of them do. Are you expecting them to not be town fans?

Out of the 8 we got, 3 are regulars at BP
Posted by: mariner91, December 1, 2016, 9:49pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from Cloudy

Out of the 8 we got, 3 are regulars at BP

So you're contributing to the problem you were just lamenting  ;D.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 2, 2016, 3:41am; Reply: 107
The reason why we have shifted these tickets so fast is most of the S/T holders going have used there max quota of FOUR tickets not necessarily for regular fans.

Now remaining S/T holders,stub holders,and anyone else are going to be left scrambling for 250 tickets on Monday morning,

With no guarantee of any other tickets as it looks like the old bill is going to have the final say  all I can say to GTFC AND FENTY is stand by for aggro.

The phrase "couldn't organise a urine up in a brewery" as never been more apt, whose crazy idea was it to allow FOUR tickets per S/T holder when there are around three thousand S/T holders?

Sorry this is a absolute joke.
Posted by: ska face, December 2, 2016, 5:09am; Reply: 108
Take it you've not got one then?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 8:00am; Reply: 109
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
The reason why we have shifted these tickets so fast is most of the S/T holders going have used there max quota of FOUR tickets not necessarily for regular fans.

Now remaining S/T holders,stub holders,and anyone else are going to be left scrambling for 250 tickets on Monday morning,

With no guarantee of any other tickets as it looks like the old bill is going to have the final say  all I can say to GTFC AND FENTY is stand by for aggro.

The phrase "couldn't organise a urine up in a brewery" as never been more apt, whose crazy idea was it to allow FOUR tickets per S/T holder when there are around three thousand S/T holders?

Sorry this is a absolute joke.

No it`s not a joke and GTFC have done nothing wrong they had 3k tickets to sell and they have sold them.

I can`t see what the problem is I have a ST and bought 3 and I bet plenty of other STH never bought all 4.As a long standing Town fan whenever I have wanted to attend a particular game where it was likely to have a demand I have gone and got my ticket day 1 because the tickets sell fast.I know that it never catches me out so how anyone other than the exiles can have a gripe over the tickets and the fact they have sold out I am baffled you get your arris in gear and get the tickets ASAP job done.If I never had a ST I would have gotten hold of a mate who had a ST and asked them to get me one which is what hundreds have others have done judging by the ticket sales.Lastly no need to panic Donny will give Town another 1200 it makes no sense at all not to do this and again if they don't get a ticket pay in the Donny end where their will be ample room.Pretty sure people are just belly aching for the sake of it.UTM
Posted by: Cloudy, December 2, 2016, 8:37am; Reply: 110
Quoted from mariner91

So you're contributing to the problem you were just lamenting  ;D.

Except that I am not lamenting it, haven't seen too much wrong with the plan tbh.

The club have shifted their initial allocation in super quick time, just because some season ticket holders couldn't get to a phone or connect to the Internet to order theirs suggests they weren't that bothered about going to Donny
Posted by: Sconeboy, December 2, 2016, 9:19am; Reply: 111
Sorry cloudy but I completely disagree.

The club has always had a system of allocating tickets for high demand away games in a way similar to this:

Season ticket holders (the individual that actually owns the ticket and say plus one)

Stub holders/Trust members

Stub holders from the next game if there is one.

General sale if any remain.

Obviously that's a rough estimation of how the system works but how can you possibly argue against the fact that there must be hundreds if not thousands of people now with tickets that haven't had to go to the Carlisle game, haven't had to join the trust and they basically haven't had to show an ounce of loyalty to the club all season because apparently the benefits of buying a season ticket now extend to FOUR people?!!

I'm just absolutely baffled as to how the club have messed this up so badly, they've clearly massively underestimated demand for tickets and have now probably cost a large number of regular fans their chance of going to the game.

Saying 'you must know somebody with a season ticket' is an absolute kopout of an excuse, what if you don't know somebody?! Some people just like to go to the match and keep themselves to themselves you know, not everybody has a season ticket holder in their social circle and the mere fact that people are offering that as a solution just magnifies how much of an epic balls'up this whole situation really is!!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 9:22am; Reply: 112
Quoted from Sconeboy
Sorry cloudy but I completely disagree.

The club has always had a system of allocating tickets for high demand away games in a way similar to this:

Season ticket holders (the individual that actually owns the ticket and say plus one)

Stub holders/Trust members

Stub holders from the next game if there is one.

General sale if any remain.

Obviously that's a rough estimation of how the system works but how can you possibly argue against the fact that there must be hundreds if not thousands of people now with tickets that haven't had to go to the Carlisle game, haven't had to join the trust and they basically haven't had to show an ounce of loyalty to the club all season because apparently the benefits of buying a season ticket now extend to FOUR people?!!

I'm just absolutely baffled as to how the club have messed this up so badly, they've clearly massively underestimated demand for tickets and have now probably cost a large number of regular fans their chance of going to the game.

Saying 'you must know somebody with a season ticket' is an absolute kopout of an excuse, what if you don't know somebody?! Some people just like to go to the match and keep themselves to themselves you know, not everybody has a season ticket holder in their social circle and the mere fact that people are offering that as a solution just magnifies how much of an epic balls'up this whole situation really is!!

I can`t see how the Club have ballsed anything up they have sold out?
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 2, 2016, 9:34am; Reply: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons

No it`s not a joke and GTFC have done nothing wrong they had 3k tickets to sell and they have sold them.

I can`t see what the problem is I have a ST and bought 3 and I bet plenty of other STH never bought all 4.As a long standing Town fan whenever I have wanted to attend a particular game where it was likely to have a demand I have gone and got my ticket day 1 because the tickets sell fast.I know that it never catches me out so how anyone other than the exiles can have a gripe over the tickets and the fact they have sold out I am baffled you get your arris in gear and get the tickets ASAP job done.If I never had a ST I would have gotten hold of a mate who had a ST and asked them to get me one which is what hundreds have others have done judging by the ticket sales.Lastly no need to panic Donny will give Town another 1200 it makes no sense at all not to do this and again if they don't get a ticket pay in the Donny end where their will be ample room.Pretty sure people are just belly aching for the sake of it.UTM

Can't agree with you at all on this. So what you are saying is that as long as the club sell the tickets it is job done ??  Fucck the loyal customers as long as ST holder can take 3 of his mates for a Christmas Jolly.  Will the ST holder be getting his/her 3 mates to come to the Pompey game, or more to the point, Colchester at home midweek ?  I go to at least 90% of home games but as I never know which games my lad can make I don't buy a ST.  Of course ST holders should get first dibs.  And rightly so more than one per ST, as I've stated before, if going away it's nice not to be going on your own.
But 2 per ST would have been fine. Like most non ST holders I have been caught out by the demand as I was more than confident my Carlisle stub would be suffice to get a ticket. We all know that there is no perfect solution for selling tickets and the club will always come under fire from some quarters whatever they do.  But in this case I do believe they have got it wrong.  If my belly aching causes the club to think next time this situation arises then it has not been in vain. The 'no need to panic' was muted quite a lot on the initial sale of tickets, but at this moment I am getting slightly perturbed !!!
Posted by: Sconeboy, December 2, 2016, 9:35am; Reply: 114
So you think it's acceptable for fans who've waited their turn with stubs/trust memberships etc to miss out at the expense of people who've essentially jumped the que entirely because they happen to know a season ticket holder?

I don't own a season ticket and fully understand that those who do should be first in line for tickets, but how on earth does that extend to three other people when demand is clearly so large?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 2, 2016, 9:39am; Reply: 115
People will use anything to rant about the club.

i suppose all of you who haven't managed to get a ticket have actually tried, rather sit and moan on here?

i agree that selling 4x ST is maybe too many, however i had a season ticket last season with my little brother, but would go to away games with 2-3 extra's

i have never understood why people choose to abuse the club they claim to love?
Posted by: Sconeboy, December 2, 2016, 9:43am; Reply: 116
Jarmo you've just said it yourself that 4 is too many and then asked why people are moaning?!

You've answered your own question!!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 9:52am; Reply: 117

Can't agree with you at all on this. So what you are saying is that as long as the club sell the tickets it is job done ??  Fucck the loyal customers as long as ST holder can take 3 of his mates for a Christmas Jolly.  Will the ST holder be getting his/her 3 mates to come to the Pompey game, or more to the point, Colchester at home midweek ?  I go to at least 90% of home games but as I never know which games my lad can make I don't buy a ST.  Of course ST holders should get first dibs.  And rightly so more than one per ST, as I've stated before, if going away it's nice not to be going on your own.
But 2 per ST would have been fine. Like most non ST holders I have been caught out by the demand as I was more than confident my Carlisle stub would be suffice to get a ticket. We all know that there is no perfect solution for selling tickets and the club will always come under fire from some quarters whatever they do.  But in this case I do believe they have got it wrong.  If my belly aching causes the club to think next time this situation arises then it has not been in vain. The 'no need to panic' was muted quite a lot on the initial sale of tickets, but at this moment I am getting slightly perturbed !!!

I would have gotten you and your lad one no problem and you know that (though that`s not really your issue reading the above).
The Season ticket holders are by and large the loyal customers they make up over 60% of the average home gates.
As for your belly aching you should stay out of ale houses like the one in Derby ;)
Seriously though mate if you feel that strongly call a meeting with Kristine Green and see if she can address your concerns through the proper channels.
To clarify games like this are the one perk having a Season ticket affords you.Any STH living locally who says they have missed out on a ticket to Donny are either full of excrement or very badly organised.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 2, 2016, 9:57am; Reply: 118
Quoted from Sconeboy
Jarmo you've just said it yourself that 4 is too many and then asked why people are moaning?!

You've answered your own question!!

didn't ask why people are moaning? i said those moaning, have probably made no effort to get a ticket
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 9:58am; Reply: 119
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

didn't ask why people are moaning? i said those moaning, have probably made no effort to get a ticket

WHS
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 10:06am; Reply: 120
Quoted from Sconeboy
So you think it's acceptable for fans who've waited their turn with stubs/trust memberships etc to miss out at the expense of people who've essentially jumped the que entirely because they happen to know a season ticket holder?

I don't own a season ticket and fully understand that those who do should be first in line for tickets, but how on earth does that extend to three other people when demand is clearly so large?

Before a single ticket was sold we ALL knew STH had the option to buy 4 and with 3k STH you were taking hell of a risk if you never purchased one early doors.Then after seeing 1200 sold day one I would suggest anyone who never had a ticket by that point and really wanted one would have done something about it.The selling of 4 tickets to STH is the real issue and those complaining about that DO have a valid point because potentially the STH may have wanted 12k so the figure of 4 ea should have been a no-no from the off.I still think each and every GTFC fan who genuinely wants to watch this game will get in because surely now the vast majority have got tickets and the rest will have when the extras are sent.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 2, 2016, 10:13am; Reply: 121
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Before a single ticket was sold we ALL knew STH had the option to buy 4 and with 3k STH you were taking hell of a risk if you never purchased one early doors.Then after seeing 1200 sold day one I would suggest anyone who never had a ticket by that point and really wanted one would have done something about it.The selling of 4 tickets to STH is the real issue and those complaining about that DO have a valid point because potentially the STH may have wanted 12k so the figure of 4 ea should have been a no-no from the off.I still think each and every GTFC fan who genuinely wants to watch this game will get in because surely now the vast majority have got tickets and the rest will have when the extras are sent.

I think the timing did not help for some with Christmas coming up and many people getting paid on Wednesday some STH possibly did not have the money to fork out Mon/Tue, who knows? All I know is that the club allowing 4 to each STH has once again stuck it's head above the trench to be shot at................I would love to know which PR genius made that decision.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 10:19am; Reply: 122
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think the timing did not help for some with Christmas coming up and many people getting paid on Wednesday some STH possibly did not have the money to fork out Mon/Tue, who knows? All I know is that the club allowing 4 to each STH has once again stuck it's head above the trench to be shot at................I would love to know which PR genius made that decision.

Most Town fans I know were saying from the minute Nathan Arnold`s goal went in we would take 4-5k to Donny so the demand was always there and should not have surprised anybody.The 4 tickets to STH is strange I agree but the fact they have sold out suggests the Club will be happy with their marketing strategy albeit at the expense of a good few regular fans.The fallout will be half the away end yelling abuse at our own players and getting their names wrong.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 2, 2016, 10:31am; Reply: 123
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I would have gotten you and your lad one no problem and you know that (though that`s not really your issue reading the above).
The Season ticket holders are by and large the loyal customers they make up over 60% of the average home gates.
As for your belly aching you should stay out of ale houses like the one in Derby ;)
Seriously though mate if you feel that strongly call a meeting with Kristine Green and see if she can address your concerns through the proper channels.
To clarify games like this are the one perk having a Season ticket affords you.Any STH living locally who says they have missed out on a ticket to Donny are either full of excrement or very badly organised.

What justification is there for a STH to be allowed 3 extra tickets? One maybe to a relative, friend etc.. who goes to a few games a season. I understand that as we have 3 season tickets 2 for me and my dad who go each week and one split between my grown up children when their shifts work out, usually H&A they go to about 20 - 25 games per season. BTW worth noting that a trip to BP is a 300 mile round trip for us so a 2 for 1 season ticket then makes sense.      

Some on here have said the club have done nothing wrong as they have sold all the allocation???? Can't agree with that if it is at the cost of p1ssing off season ticket holders or those who did not have the cash in one go.

Even more hypocritical is if you don't have a season ticket and try and get a ticket whilst the restrictions are in place you get the same stock answer from the colleagues in the ticket office "season ticket holders get priority", well do they?    

Apologies if I have missed it as I have not read every post but the Trust appear pretty quiet about this matter, has anyone from the Trust made a comment or asked the club to justify their decision?
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 2, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 124
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
People will use anything to rant about the club.

i suppose all of you who haven't managed to get a ticket have actually tried, rather sit and moan on here?

i agree that selling 4x ST is maybe too many, however i had a season ticket last season with my little brother, but would go to away games with 2-3 extra's

i have never understood why people choose to abuse the club they claim to love?

Yeah, you're spot on Jarmo. When I'm not attending the 90% of home games or 30% of away games I sit on my @rse wondering what I can use next to abuse the club I claim to love. I absolutely love it when things go wrong, it's just what I have been waiting for.  You have no idea how much I want MB to fail, just so I can say the John Fenty did it on the cheap. I have had so much mileage out of the delay of the new stadium it's brilliant. With a bit of luck we'll sell Bogle for far less then we could have got and I can go to town on that one as well. Only Grimsby supporters eh.  Only on the fishy !!!

Or just maybe,  As a loyal supporter who is struggling to get a ticket for a match I would really like to go to I am a bit miffed at the way GTFC have sold the tickets.  They have deviated from the normal procedure on this one and I feel I have a right to an opinion.  If you think that most of the comments are 'abuse' you must have lead a very sheltered life.  As One Micky Lyons said, he would have got me a ticket, so would a few others.  I never made the effort as I didn't think it would be required.  However I will be making the effort to queue early if the tickets make it to those with a stub for Carlisle.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2016, 10:38am; Reply: 125
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Most Town fans I know were saying from the minute Nathan Arnold`s goal went in we would take 4-5k to Donny so the demand was always there and should not have surprised anybody.The 4 tickets to STH is strange I agree but the fact they have sold out suggests the Club will be happy with their marketing strategy albeit at the expense of a good few regular fans.The fallout will be half the away end yelling abuse at our own players and getting their names wrong.

They would have sold out anyway regardless, but being able to obtain a ticket because you know someone with a season ticket allows people to obtain tickets who may not have been to watch Town for years, over those that are patiently waiting for the general sale to start because they don't have a season ticket or don't know anyone with one.

We can argue all day about the rights and wrongs and accuse people of laziness because they haven't got themselves sorted, but the truth of the matter is that giving season ticket holders the opportunity to buy four is just wrong and has caused bad feeling toward the club. They got this badly wrong, no question and it can't be justified by merely saying 'they have sold them all, so they have done their job'.

This situation has just rendered it possible for all those 'big game fans' to come out of the woodwork and relive the glory days of their youth. I doubt a lot of them will be there for a midweek game against someone like Morecambe.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 2, 2016, 10:43am; Reply: 126

Yeah, you're spot on Jarmo. When I'm not attending the 90% of home games or 30% of away games I sit on my @rse wondering what I can use next to abuse the club I claim to love. I absolutely love it when things go wrong, it's just what I have been waiting for.  You have no idea how much I want MB to fail, just so I can say the John Fenty did it on the cheap. I have had so much mileage out of the delay of the new stadium it's brilliant. With a bit of luck we'll sell Bogle for far less then we could have got and I can go to town on that one as well. Only Grimsby supporters eh.  Only on the fishy !!!

Or just maybe,  As a loyal supporter who is struggling to get a ticket for a match I would really like to go to I am a bit miffed at the way GTFC have sold the tickets.  They have deviated from the normal procedure on this one and I feel I have a right to an opinion.  If you think that most of the comments are 'abuse' you must have lead a very sheltered life.  As One Micky Lyons said, he would have got me a ticket, so would a few others.  I never made the effort as I didn't think it would be required.  However I will be making the effort to queue early if the tickets make it to those with a stub for Carlisle.

Good post, like it.

I'll tell you a funny story, when we where in the championship I did not have a season ticket and we had a stupid rule in place for some game or another can't remember who and it really p1ssed me. So I wrote to The Telegraph (The Grimsby one not the one in Fleet Street) and they printed my letter, a couple of days later they printed a letter from Steve Wraith inviting me to contact him and he would help me out. I called him and he broke the rule and sold me a ticket.......................which would suggest this is not a new problem!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 10:45am; Reply: 127

You have a PM
Posted by: Sconeboy, December 2, 2016, 11:10am; Reply: 128
Extra 900 on sale Monday.

I think myself aswell as other have got no issue with season ticket holders getting first picks but the 4 to 1 ratio was just too many!
Posted by: Tommy, December 2, 2016, 11:23am; Reply: 129
I'm a ST holder and am grateful for the 4:1 ratio of buying tickets.

To me it just seems a decent perk of having a ST that I can go to this game with a my Dad and a few mates.

If it was 1 for 1 I would've just been going with my Dad and my mates would've either been sat elsewhere or not got tickets. These friends of mine are Town fans, not just people going for a day out.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 2, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 130
Quoted from Sconeboy
Extra 900 on sale Monday.

I think myself aswell as other have got no issue with season ticket holders getting first picks but the 4 to 1 ratio was just too many!

900?

Is this confirmed as only yesterday it was 250...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 2, 2016, 11:30am; Reply: 131
I have a spare season ticket book stub if any exiles without ST want to try their luck on Monday and can meet me at BP before the Pompey game send me a PM to sort.
Posted by: oochiad, December 2, 2016, 11:31am; Reply: 132
I agree it 4 to 1 is wrong but it would be interesting to know how many STH actually bought 4. I don't think it would be as many as people think, we have 3000 STH and I would imagine that probably at least 2000 STH will be going so only leaving 1000 which isn't even plus 1 per STH. All hypothetical I know but none the less.....UTM
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 2, 2016, 11:32am; Reply: 133
10:43 2nd December 2016
THE club will receive an extra 900 tickets  for the Sky Bet League Two fixture at Doncaster Rovers on December 17.

The additional tickets will go on sale on Monday at 9am to Season Ticket holders and supporters who have a ticket stub from the Carlisle game, on a strict 2 per season ticket holder or 2 per ticket stub.  Season ticket books or stubs must be presented when purchasing or collecting tickets.

The additional tickets brings the Mariners' total allocation at the Keepmoat stadium to over 4,000.  

advertisement

Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/doncaster-rovers-900-more-tickets-to-go-on-sale-3447297.aspx#I06ZTQbzQ20ZMsQg.99
Posted by: ginnywings, December 2, 2016, 11:49am; Reply: 134
So now they drop it to 2 per season ticket holder and let the stub holders in on the act. Have they realised their mistake do we think?

Looks likely there will be a big queue on Monday morning.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 2, 2016, 12:05pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from ginnywings
So now they drop it to 2 per season ticket holder and let the stub holders in on the act. Have they realised their mistake do we think?

Looks likely there will be a big queue on Monday morning.

Which is how it always was a que so those who wanted a ticket got their early.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 2, 2016, 12:34pm; Reply: 136
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I have a spare season ticket book stub if any exiles without ST want to try their luck on Monday and can meet me at BP before the Pompey game send me a PM to sort.

Have sent you a PM Herts.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 2, 2016, 1:10pm; Reply: 137
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Have sent you a PM Herts.

Sent you a reply mate, check it out when you get a chance.
Posted by: Simariner, December 2, 2016, 1:16pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from oochiad
I agree it 4 to 1 is wrong but it would be interesting to know how many STH actually bought 4. I don't think it would be as many as people think, we have 3000 STH and I would imagine that probably at least 2000 STH will be going so only leaving 1000 which isn't even plus 1 per STH. All hypothetical I know but none the less.....UTM

I bought 3 from my ST book
Posted by: Bigdog, December 2, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 139
10:43 2nd December 2016
THE club will receive an extra 900 tickets  for the Sky Bet League Two fixture at Doncaster Rovers on December 17.

The additional tickets will go on sale on Monday at 9am to Season Ticket holders and supporters who have a ticket stub from the Carlisle game, on a strict 2 per season ticket holder or 2 per ticket stub.  Season ticket books or stubs must be presented when purchasing or collecting tickets.

The additional tickets brings the Mariners' total allocation at the Keepmoat stadium to over 4,000.  

advertisement

Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/doncaster-rovers-900-more-tickets-to-go-on-sale-3447297.aspx#I06ZTQbzQ20ZMsQg.99

Looks like we've got the original extra 250 plus an additional 900 as 3051 plus 900 does not add up to over 4000.. Total 4201 which is the usual max allocation.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 2, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 140
Quoted from Bigdog

Looks like we've got the original extra 250 plus an additional 900 as 3051 plus 900 does not add up to over 4000.. Total 4201 which is the usual max allocation.

Who's the extra 1?  :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 2, 2016, 2:12pm; Reply: 141
Quoted from Les Brechin

Who's the extra 1?  :)

That's Marcus our No. 1  fan  8)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 2, 2016, 4:01pm; Reply: 142
If anybody is able to help me get hold of 2 tickets I'd be hugely grateful!
Posted by: Vance Warner, December 3, 2016, 7:25am; Reply: 143
Really feel for those who will missed out. The club have clearly been caught out. The detailed list of who can buy tickets when stretching over 3 weeks was completely ruined by the bizzare 4 per season ticket rule. Genuine fans are missing out but from past experience those intent on causing trouble will be there in numbers. Yes the club can learn from this but it was so blindingly obvious in the first place that 4 per season ticket was a ridiculous amount. Is anyone at GTFC even accountable for their decisions?
Posted by: H19P1, December 3, 2016, 8:26am; Reply: 144
Give the club a break they may have made a mistake but they don't need to be sent to trial. Lets give them credit for what they rather than what they don't
Posted by: H19P1, December 3, 2016, 8:26am; Reply: 145
What they do
Posted by: Vance Warner, December 3, 2016, 9:22am; Reply: 146
Such as???? I don't enjoy knocking the club but just find it frustrating that off the pitch there are things that have always been very amateurish.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 3, 2016, 9:27am; Reply: 147
Quoted from H19P1
Give the club a break they may have made a mistake but they don't need to be sent to trial. Lets give them credit for what they rather than what they don't

Agree but also worth noting some mistakes are bigger than others and ones that have a negative and potentially unfair impact on loyal supporters should be challenged.

I think that overall our club values the support it gets and recognises that quite often its exceptional and always its above expectation for the level we play at. In this case it appears some people who have made a stupid decision to allocate 4 tickets to STH are probably operating at a level that is beyond their competency and skills set, who this is we probably will never know.  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 3, 2016, 12:07pm; Reply: 148
Let us hope there are no bad scenes at the ground next week.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 3, 2016, 1:46pm; Reply: 149
An exile here and would love to be at the Donny game. If any of the STH's have 2 spare that they need to get rid of I'll be more than grateful to take them off you. Many thanks in advance fellow Mariners.  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 3, 2016, 9:40pm; Reply: 150

Any coach places left.....?
Posted by: H19P1, December 3, 2016, 10:38pm; Reply: 151
Have you tried ringing Terry Hall?
Posted by: H19P1, December 3, 2016, 10:39pm; Reply: 152
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://mobile.grimsby-townfc.co.uk//news/article/latest-coach-travel-1279477.aspx&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiv1Ki3i9nQAhWrDMAKHdpaA8QQFggNMAA&usg=AFQjCNEfUsk4VnaMXXqzxmhsN99uOPixRQ
Posted by: Cod marriner, December 3, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 153
Blimey there really is a lot of us with out tickets! Well if you really want to be there then get in the home stands, I know it's not ideal but sod it I won't be missing out one way or another if I don't get a ticket monday!!
Posted by: Trawler, December 3, 2016, 11:31pm; Reply: 154
Don't panic. Whatever the final allocation I confidently predict there will be a shed load of spare tickets going for sale on here soon as season ticket holders who bought 4 get let down by mates who can't come. It always happens. There will be PMs flying around between loads of posters so panic ye not.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 3, 2016, 11:41pm; Reply: 155
Hope so Trawler!! No work that weekend so would love to be at Donny!! Eagerly awaiting a PM for 2 tickets. UTM
Posted by: easypeersy, December 4, 2016, 10:57pm; Reply: 156
What about the Doncaster fans that want to come to Grimsby?
We can only offer them 1800 tickets.
If we had a decent stadium they could have 4200 perhaps and generate us some much needed revenue.
What is the hold up with the new stadium now?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 4, 2016, 11:02pm; Reply: 157
Do they travel that well??
Posted by: ginnywings, December 5, 2016, 8:17am; Reply: 158
Cold morning for ticket queueing.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 5, 2016, 8:28am; Reply: 159
Quoted from ginnywings

Had a quick look about 10 mins ago. About 50 there. So doesn't look too bad ?? !!
Posted by: immariner, December 5, 2016, 8:33am; Reply: 160
Quoted from ginnywings

:( Bloody freezing this morning mate. If you're likely to be there a while Ginny, don't freeze you 'nads off just to get someone else tickets!

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 5, 2016, 8:42am; Reply: 161
Around 100 queuing for tickets but more coming all the time 8-45
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 5, 2016, 9:05am; Reply: 162
Called asap 9-00 am and surprise surprise the ticket office is closed :-/

And no on-line option either? :-/
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 9:29am; Reply: 163
Ive got 2 season tickets well one of them is my mates and am at work till 5 so i try ringing them up to pay by card and they just put the phone down and now its dead all together what a way to treat fans.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 5, 2016, 9:37am; Reply: 164
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Ive got 2 season tickets well one of them is my mates and am at work till 5 so i try ringing them up to pay by card and they just put the phone down and now its dead all together what a way to treat fans.

You will not be able to do it over the phone as how do they know that you haven't used your season ticket already to buy tickets for Doncaster.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 9:38am; Reply: 165
I would prove it when i pick them up ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 5, 2016, 9:47am; Reply: 166
Quoted from 1739

You will not be able to do it over the phone as how do they know that you haven't used your season ticket already to buy tickets for Doncaster.

So if you haven't already got tickets ( having not been quick enough to get in last week ) now someone is saying you can't use your ST in case it's been used before??

Is this an official line from the club or something you imagine they might do?

If it's from the club themselves, then I am totally gob-smacked at such a lack of planning and control of their ticketing ops  :-/
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 5, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 167

THIS
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 5, 2016, 9:49am; Reply: 168
In the same boat as an exile. Frustrating!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 5, 2016, 9:52am; Reply: 169
I would prove it when i pick them up ?

What happens though if you turn up to the club with no proof and they have had to turn people away. They will be doing what is the easiest option for the them.
Posted by: Mariner16, December 5, 2016, 9:54am; Reply: 170
I read on facebook (ticket office worker) that no phone or online orders until 10am or the queues were served, but nothing official by the club on social media.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 5, 2016, 9:54am; Reply: 171
Just got my tickets the girl behind the counter said they will be all gone by 11am ?? People in front of me buying 7/8 tickets at a time I doubt they will take phone orders
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 9:59am; Reply: 172
So because am at work i will not get one even though am a season ticket holder willing to buy some and willing to show prove when collecting them and i still wont get one, and they put the phone down on me and are totally ignoring all calls now. Pretty excrement deal to be honest and its flipping drunk me of. So i havent go priority at all because i work all week and by the weekend they sold out.

flipping pissflaps.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 10:02am; Reply: 173
SW just stuck his.head out the door and said 500 left
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 5, 2016, 10:03am; Reply: 174
To be fair to the ticket office they are doing what is easiest for them. If someone says that they have a season ticket over the phone and then you turn up without your season ticket and they have turned people away with money and season tickets in there hands.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 10:07am; Reply: 175
Quoted from 1739
To be fair to the ticket office they are doing what is easiest for them. If someone says that they have a season ticket over the phone and then you turn up without your season ticket and they have turned people away with money and season tickets in there hands.

I see what your saying its just frustrating that ive got a season ticket and not being able to get a doncaster ticket when bill and ben that hasnt been for years can get one because there mayes a season ticket holder able to get to rhe ground.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2016, 10:13am; Reply: 176
In the same boat as an exile. Frustrating!

Rodley I am just about to send you a PM mate  
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 5, 2016, 10:14am; Reply: 177
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Rodley I am just about to send you a PM mate  

Thanks Herts. Will keep eyes peeled!
Posted by: Cloudy, December 5, 2016, 10:16am; Reply: 178

I see what your saying its just frustrating that ive got a season ticket and not being able to get a doncaster ticket when bill and ben that hasnt been for years can get one because there mayes a season ticket holder able to get to rhe ground.

Was they not allowing season ticket holders allowed to purchase last week via Internet/phone?
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 10:20am; Reply: 179
Quoted from Cloudy

Was they not allowing season ticket holders allowed to purchase last week via Internet/phone?

If they was i was not aware and i missed my chance there then. Gutted
Posted by: LH, December 5, 2016, 10:20am; Reply: 180
Yes they were but they had 3000 tickets and not 900. I can't believe STHs are whinging about not getting tickets when it was obvious by Monday lunchtime that the initial allocation would go very quickly. Not answering/killing the phones is out of order though by the club. It makes sense that they are serving in shop customers first but that should have been properly publicised and not just posted on a (closed) facebook group.
Posted by: Maringer, December 5, 2016, 10:20am; Reply: 181
About ten people queuing outside the office now (myself included!). Luckily, the sun is out so it's not too chilly.  :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2016, 10:21am; Reply: 182
Its evident that there are lots of people and STH being let down by this I would hope the club could come out and make some form of statement on the 4 tickets to STH rationale...............I live in hope of course.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 5, 2016, 10:21am; Reply: 183
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Its evident that there are lots of people and STH being let down by this I would hope the club could come out and make some form of statement on the 4 tickets to STH rationale...............I live in hope of course.

Just replied to your PM Herts.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 5, 2016, 10:22am; Reply: 184
i hope all of you that want one get one, really do! keep trying guys
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2016, 10:27am; Reply: 185

Just replied to your PM Herts.

Replied mate with a bit of detail for you
Posted by: ginnywings, December 5, 2016, 10:29am; Reply: 186
I was queueing for just under an hour and the queue was about the same size as it was when i joined it at 8.50 as when i left the ticket office but seemed to be going down, so there may be online tickets available. Some were getting multiple tickets with several ST's but i couldn't manage to blag any more. All my contacts had already used theirs and were also trying to get extra. Wish i could have got more for those in need.
Posted by: gtfc98, December 5, 2016, 10:32am; Reply: 187
Can everyone stop whinging? Everyone who wants to go to the game will get a ticket. We've got 3 season tickets and bought 6 tickets. However, when I didn't have a season ticket I don't recall ever not managing to get a ticket to a game I wanted to go to.

You've got to chill out  8)
Posted by: ginnywings, December 5, 2016, 10:40am; Reply: 188
Quoted from gtfc98
Can everyone stop whinging? Everyone who wants to go to the game will get a ticket. We've got 3 season tickets and bought 6 tickets. However, when I didn't have a season ticket I don't recall ever not managing to get a ticket to a game I wanted to go to.

You've got to chill out  8)

I think you may be right. I expect there was a bit of panic buying going on and there will be tickets for sale in the next week or so when some realise they can't make it after all. Was talking to a lad i know in the queue who was there getting tickets for others (already has his own) and he doesn't know yet whether he can get time off work to go.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 5, 2016, 10:49am; Reply: 189

If they was i was not aware and i missed my chance there then. Gutted

Get on the phone now Zorro - quick as you can

After dialling I don't know how many times this morning I just got through and they've taken my ST details over the phone so thankfully I'm now sorted ( well until I try to pick them up on Saturday...need to show my ST and stub C )

Good luck mate!

UTM
Posted by: Jaws, December 5, 2016, 10:54am; Reply: 190
Apart from Wembley or Millennium stadium trips when was the last time we took 4000 away. Guessing maybe the year we went to anfield and highbury?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 5, 2016, 11:10am; Reply: 191
Selling online now so just got sorted! PM sent HertsGTFC.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 11:12am; Reply: 192
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Get on the phone now Zorro - quick as you can

After dialling I don't know how many times this morning I just got through and they've taken my ST details over the phone so thankfully I'm now sorted ( well until I try to pick them up on Saturday...need to show my ST and stub C )

Good luck mate!

UTM

Buzzing ordered 4 online gett inn there haha i can stop moaning now. Utm
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 5, 2016, 11:15am; Reply: 193
I have 2 but desperate for 2 more if anybody is able to help.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 5, 2016, 11:16am; Reply: 194
i have an adult ticket, and train ticket, and now unsure if i can make it due to work, however i won't know for sure until only a day or 2 before!
Posted by: mariner91, December 5, 2016, 11:16am; Reply: 195
If anybody wants to buy 4 I would gladly buy them from them.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, December 5, 2016, 11:21am; Reply: 196
Just got two online - kept expecting it to crash or kick me out, but it's working so get on there quick if you still need one!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 197
I have 2 but desperate for 2 more if anybody is able to help.

Just PM'd you back mate. Hope you get your other 2 sorted.
Posted by: UpTheMariners, December 5, 2016, 11:40am; Reply: 198
Another exile gutted to be missing this one. Shame they don't allow stubs from Plymouth away!
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 5, 2016, 11:46am; Reply: 199
Quoted from UpTheMariners
Another exile gutted to be missing this one. Shame they don't allow stubs from Plymouth away!

If we're still up there you might need it for Plymouth at home  ;D
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 5, 2016, 12:44pm; Reply: 200
80 left. Hope we put in a request for more as I need another 4.
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 5, 2016, 1:38pm; Reply: 201
Quoted from 1739
80 left. Hope we put in a request for more as I need another 4.

You won't get anymore now, 4200 is the maximum due to segregation
Posted by: Paris Mariner, December 5, 2016, 2:56pm; Reply: 202
Gutted not to be going to this one. A brief yet disappointing look at flight prices ended that one but I'm so proud to be a Mariner right now. Fantastic support from both us and Pompey in the space of 7 days. Both teams taking fantastic numbers. Well done to everyone.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 5, 2016, 3:30pm; Reply: 203
Just a little bit of perspective. Someone who was going to be queueing today didn't go as he had a family bereavement
last night. I know there are a lot of frustrated folk out there who haven't got tickets, but there are worse things in life.
Posted by: Belfast Town, December 5, 2016, 5:53pm; Reply: 204
All sold now. Amazing effort. What an atmosphere it's going to be.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 5, 2016, 7:53pm; Reply: 205
It's going to be standing room only on the 'DRY' trains. ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 206
Quoted from CKDRFC

You won't get anymore now, 4200 is the maximum due to segregation

You must be impressed by how many we are brining, will you sell out your allocation for the return game at BP?

Posted by: topuphere666, December 5, 2016, 8:59pm; Reply: 207
Home end it is.
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 5, 2016, 9:07pm; Reply: 208
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You must be impressed by how many we are brining, will you sell out your allocation for the return game at BP?

its fantastic support, how many tickets will we get at BP?

Posted by: Sconeboy, December 5, 2016, 9:07pm; Reply: 209
1800 odd
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 5, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 210
Quoted from Sconeboy
1800 odd

Put my neck on line and say we will sell out at BP
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 5, 2016, 9:20pm; Reply: 211
Quoted from CKDRFC

Put my neck on line and say we will sell out at BP

Hope so it will make for a great atmosphere.
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 5, 2016, 9:23pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Hope so it will make for a great atmosphere.

Me and the Mrs will be there for the weekend. Off to Plymouth on Saturday, birthday weekend, ground 80/92
Posted by: gtfc98, December 5, 2016, 10:12pm; Reply: 213
Quoted from CKDRFC

Me and the Mrs will be there for the weekend. Off to Plymouth on Saturday, birthday weekend, ground 80/92

staying fert week?
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 6, 2016, 11:10pm; Reply: 214
Interesting thread on Viking Chat

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=260261.0

Whilst it is fair to say that most Towns have their fair share of good and bad parts, to suggest that Donny is so much better than Grimsby is tosh.

Living in the fair county of Yorkshire, I get to Donny on plenty of occasions and there are parts that are, well excrement.

Mind you if you travel just outside Donny then you get to those marvellous places such as Armthorpe, Conisbrough, Mexborough, Denaby that make the Nunsthorpe Estate look like Mayfair.
Posted by: Bigdog, December 6, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 215
South Elmsall, Stainforth, Thorne.. the list goes on.
Posted by: Grim74, December 7, 2016, 1:52am; Reply: 216
Not to mention certain community's they have horrible place.
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 7, 2016, 9:56am; Reply: 217
Quoted from Bigdog
South Elmsall, Stainforth, Thorne.. the list goes on.

I get your point Donny is like any other town in that respect, however South Elmsall isn't part of Donny, thankfully!!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 7, 2016, 10:45am; Reply: 218
Let's all play your sh1t town is sh1tter than our sh1t town. I worked in Donny for a while and it's your typical northern town with good bits and bad bits, just like Grimsby in fact. Which town has the most bad bits is open to debate but we do boast the most deprived ward in the entire UK, so that's something to be proud of.

GY suffers the reputation because fans enter and leave by some of the worst bits and see the main reason for our demise, namely the crumbling remains of the fish dock. The crumbling old ground doesn't add much to the reputation either.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 7, 2016, 10:49am; Reply: 219
Agree with Ginny not much between these towns tbh both got got plenty of problems, the only major plus for donny is good train and road links to the north and south
Posted by: CKDRFC, December 7, 2016, 12:36pm; Reply: 220
Quoted from gtfc98

staying fert week?

Just for Saturday night. A couple of hours there and i'm bored.

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 7, 2016, 4:54pm; Reply: 221
I remember in the 60's when there was very little night clubs in the Griimsby area,

We used to go to Donny and had some great nights out,

You could say non footy but it was a few players from our footy team  that went  8)
Posted by: Caveman, December 7, 2016, 7:47pm; Reply: 222
Pete. Didn't you ever go to Nottingham for a night out in the 60's ?

Saturday night at the Palais was something like three women to
every bloke. Absolutely great but it ruined my performances in
the Sunday league the next morning.

That was my excuse anyway.
Posted by: barrattstandman, December 8, 2016, 8:40am; Reply: 223
The Fiesta club in Sheffield was popular also
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 8, 2016, 9:22am; Reply: 224
I've done 'an hour in the tower' over in Ull 🤔
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 8, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 225

Ovver there it probably seemed like 24 hours.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 8, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 226

In total, I did the best part of 3 months in Hull Royal Infirmary. Was nearly starting to bloody talk like them by the time I escaped.  ;)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 8, 2016, 9:18pm; Reply: 227
Quoted from Les Brechin

In total, I did the best part of 3 months in Hull Royal Infirmary. Was nearly starting to bloody talk like them by the time I escaped.  ;)

Had four days in Sunderland Royal after the Gateshead game and haven't lost the accent yet.  ;D
Posted by: Grimal, December 8, 2016, 9:45pm; Reply: 228
Quoted from Caveman
Pete. Didn't you ever go to Nottingham for a night out in the 60's ?

Saturday night at the Palais was something like three women to
every bloke. Absolutely great but it ruined my performances in
the Sunday league the next morning.

That was my excuse anyway.

Not surprised it ruined your Sunday morning performances, 4 hours trying to jigg about on that revolving dance floor would be enough to give anyone bad performances Saturday night or Sunday mornings. ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 8, 2016, 10:46pm; Reply: 229
Don't think I ever made the Fiesta or anywhere in Nottingham. Went to a club in Chesterfield on a stag night many years ago and we ended up being driven out of Town by a police escort. ;)

Were they as good as Bunny's?
Posted by: barralad, December 9, 2016, 5:16am; Reply: 230
Quoted from Grimal

Not surprised it ruined your Sunday morning performances, 4 hours trying to jigg about on that revolving dance floor would be enough to give anyone bad performances Saturday night or Sunday mornings. ;)

Ah...the Chesterfield Aquarius. Interesting club. Went there after a couple of Town away games in the 70s/80s.
Posted by: CallumWoods, December 9, 2016, 7:20am; Reply: 231
I'm looking for Doncaster tickets (2), if there is anyone who used their allocations, but now won't use their tickets.

I've foolishly booked a hotel and travel two months ago thinking obtaining a ticket wouldn't be an issue.

If anyone can help or assist, do let me know.

Cheers.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, December 9, 2016, 5:39pm; Reply: 232
Oi I asked first!!  :P
Print page generated: May 28, 2024, 7:45pm