Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), November 9, 2016, 1:32pm
I have my theory test on Monday. Feeling a little apprehensive about it as I'm not sure what to expect. Apart from common sense and learning road insignia is there anything else I should brush up on?

Any tips/pointers would be wunderbar! (tank)
Posted by: Hagrid, November 9, 2016, 1:35pm; Reply: 1
best advice i can give me is revise revise revise, it saves you the agro of doing it again and paying the 35? quid to do it again, i failed 3 times because of my lazyness
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 9, 2016, 1:49pm; Reply: 2
Read up and go in positive = PASS  8) Good luck!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 9, 2016, 2:16pm; Reply: 3
On multi choice questions go for C.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 9, 2016, 6:16pm; Reply: 4
I passed my test in 1966 ,

I think it has changed a bit  since then, ;D

Good luck and revise.
Posted by: davmariner, November 9, 2016, 7:01pm; Reply: 5
Sounds stupid but make sure you understand what hazard perception is and exactly how the clicking works.
Posted by: Caveman, November 9, 2016, 7:57pm; Reply: 6
By coincidence my grandson took his for the second
time yesterday and failed again.

Since passing both motor bike and car tests more
than fifty-five years ago I must have driven almost
a million miles so, wondering what it was all about,
last night went on line and did one of the tests myself.

I failed miserably.

So you are advised not to park in Manchester Street
on Saturday afternoon.

Posted by: Marinerz93, November 9, 2016, 8:16pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from 139881
I have my theory test on Monday. Feeling a little apprehensive about it as I'm not sure what to expect. Apart from common sense and learning road insignia is there anything else I should brush up on?

Any tips/pointers would be wunderbar! (tank)

There are CD's and books you could have got that ask test type questions to the test. The best way to learn something as mundane as the theory test is repetition. You could always go on the Highway Code test sites such as the one below.

https://highwaycodetest.co.uk/theory-test-study-tips/

I have to do an online test for work every year (driving monitor) and I've been driving since 1987, there are always questions you think what? and signs and order of signs that you forget too.

Good luck.
Posted by: fishyfanny, November 9, 2016, 10:58pm; Reply: 8
As everyone else has said, just revise as much as you can, and don't panic.

So pleased we didn't have theory tests when I was learning. I seem to remember there were only about 5 questions max after my driving test!
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), November 10, 2016, 2:33pm; Reply: 9
Thanks for all the tips and replies, chaps! (wohow)
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 10, 2016, 7:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 139881
Thanks for all the tips and replies, chaps! (wohow)

Let us know how you get on!
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 10, 2016, 7:22pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Marinerz93

If you pass  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 10, 2016, 11:03pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete
I passed my test in 1966 ,

I think it has changed a bit  since then, ;D

Good luck and revise.

Was that back in the day when you had a chap with a flag running in front of your car   ;D

I found this picture of you in the fishy archive of Grimsby Pete first away game  ;)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NLEfqcu.jpg[/img]
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), November 14, 2016, 5:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Marinerz93

Quoted from grimsby pete

If you pass  ;)

:(

Today it just wasn't meant to be!
I caught every developing hazard that would have resulted in me taking action as a driver but still failed the hazard perception test. What idiot thought that BS was necessary as part of the test!?

Again, I need more practice on my road signs (anger4)

I've scoured and cannot find an answer. How fast can you go on a motorway whilst towing a trailer?

Posted by: Marinerz93, November 15, 2016, 6:31pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 139881

:(

Today it just wasn't meant to be!
I caught every developing hazard that would have resulted in me taking action as a driver but still failed the hazard perception test. What idiot thought that BS was necessary as part of the test!?

Again, I need more practice on my road signs (anger4)

I've scoured and cannot find an answer. How fast can you go on a motorway whilst towing a trailer?

Unlucky buddy, a car towing a trailer in town 30mph, single carriage way 50mph, dual carriage way and motorway 60mph. That's the maximum speed but depending on the type of trailer, what the load is and what speed it starts snaking (wobbling from side to side) would depend on the real speed.

I agree with you on the hazard pereception test, one thing you can try as it is done on clicks, as you spot the hazard (sometimes before the computer starts scoring you) click once, count 1,2 click again, count 1,2 and click again. Be careful you don't click to many times as it will fail you.

Dave.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 21, 2016, 6:43pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Marinerz93

Was that back in the day when you had a chap with a flag running in front of your car   ;D

I found this picture of you in the fishy archive of Grimsby Pete first away game  ;)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NLEfqcu.jpg[/img]

Just caught up with this thread,

Very funny 93 (clap2)
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 10:59pm