Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: Bigdog, October 28, 2016, 7:23pm
Poll just to show how irrelevant the Gimps are.

I really hate the Wendys..
Posted by: sydney, October 28, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 1
No Gimps do it for me every time
Posted by: Kris2, October 28, 2016, 8:28pm; Reply: 2
Lol two minutes out of non league and some people think we're too massive a club to consider Lincoln as rivals, but nah always hated Scunthorpe the most, would rather lose to anyone but them. Stupid not quite Yorkies but might as well be Scunts.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 28, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 3
I don't hate anybody but I do have a dislike for Lincoln city.
Posted by: LH, October 28, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 4
Work with Hull fans and Lincoln fans and they're alright really. Don't think that I've ever seen a Scunthorpe fan away from BP or GP with the exception of my "father-in-law" who in honesty doesn't care for them much anyway. Still though I hate to lose to them so it's them every time. We need to renew our rivalry but it looks to be a way off at present.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 28, 2016, 8:32pm; Reply: 5

The Scunts for me, more so now they are punching above their weight even more.

At least Lincoln are where they should be in the pyramid.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 28, 2016, 8:46pm; Reply: 6
Scunny for me also. Beating them in the F.A, Cup was the best thing that happened while we were in non league. Big crowd with edge to the game and it reminded me what football is all about but also made me miserable when we went back to the humdrum league games with no spark or atmosphere. Technically it was a giant killing but to me it was just the right order of the football universe, lording it over the Scunts once again. Christ i hope we get as successful as they have been in recent times. It just doesn't feel right that they have had all those promotions while we were in decline for a decade or more.
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 28, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 7
I don't wish ill on anybody in that list but Hull, so it would have to be them. Despite that I dislike Man U significantly more.
Posted by: davmariner, October 28, 2016, 9:14pm; Reply: 8
In fairness to Hull, they've helped us a fair bit in terms of loans during the non-league years.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 28, 2016, 9:34pm; Reply: 9
1. Hull - Too many games to mention and definitely the best atmosphere compared against our Lincolnshire cousins.

2. Scunthorpe - because they hate us for us allowing them to get into the league without earning the right.

3. Lincoln - You don't know why you hate that kid with the gimpy leg and old style NHS glasses fixed with plasters that to big for his ginger head, but that gut feeling tells you he is a girl private.
Posted by: paulgtfc, October 28, 2016, 10:09pm; Reply: 10
Can't hate Hull - studied there for 3Y and it really isn't too bad.  And I admired the Hull City flags at England matches in the 80s.

Had some good comments from Taghers fans on here wishing us well, esp when Whitts n Woodhouse played for us.  Whitts will always be a hero to me for smashing that elbow into Shearer.

As for Scunts, can't take them seriously with the female body part in their name.  And they seem obsessed with us, even singing about us when we aren't there.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 28, 2016, 10:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mariner_09
I don't wish ill on anybody in that list but Hull, so it would have to be them. Despite that I dislike Man U significantly more.

I used to watch Hull City at Boothferry Park as a kid but I now love it when they lose, it's just that they have been so much higher than us in the leagues recently that I don't see them as a bitter rival at the moment.

Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, October 28, 2016, 10:24pm; Reply: 12
We have only played Hull about half a dozen times in a meaningful match in the last forty or so years so I cant really hate them.
Scummy are like an annoying little brother, sort of pleased when they do well , but also like to gloat when they dont.
Lincoln I have no feeling for at all, dont give  intercourse if they beat us, but love it when we beat them, must admit I loved it when they bombed out of the league after the crap they gave us,
So to me its the Sheffield and yorkie clubs
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 28, 2016, 10:37pm; Reply: 13
Why isn't Gateshead on there? Every time I walk away from there place I feel bitter in one way or another.
Posted by: Bigdog, October 29, 2016, 9:03am; Reply: 14
Out of all the clubs I hate Man U so much more than any other club but as we've never played them in my lifetime I can't rate them as a bitterest rival.

The poll shows how far we have fallen in my lifetime and how much of a golden period we had in my youth and early adulthood. We hardly ever played Lincoln, Scunthorpe or Hull. Only the odd season after a relegation. Our regular rivals then were the Yorkshire clubs of which Wednesday always seemed to be the biggest game.

Would have been interesting to have been able to compare this poll with one from twenty years ago with the recent experiences of scruffy Yorkies tramping the streets of Cleethorpes fresh in the mind as a regular seasonal occurrence.
Posted by: Kris2, October 29, 2016, 1:33pm; Reply: 15
That's probably one thing that would change if we were to make our way back up the leagues again in that we'd renew one traditional rivalry with Yorkshire though I guess we do have Doncaster this season, when I was a kid and in my teens I remember there was often a lot of crap that happened when a Sheffield team came to town.

Teams like Hull and Scunthorpe often seemed to be further down the leagues as did Lincoln so maybe times do change and just depends which local teams you are playing regularly, regardless though I still probably won't ever like Scunthorpe, they are that one cousin nobody likes who you see a couple of times a year and each time is more cringe worthy than the last.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 1:45pm; Reply: 16
Why do we have to 'hate' anybody FFS?

As none of the teams listed are even rivals at the moment  what does it matter As far as I am concerned the more successful Lincolnshire and Humberside clubs are the better providing they are not taking points from Town which at present they are not.

'Which club are you most jealous of' might be more appropriate
Posted by: pizzzza, October 29, 2016, 1:47pm; Reply: 17
Scunthorpe for me, thankfully I'm too young to remember any real rivalry with Hull.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 3:54am