Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, September 29, 2016, 10:00pm
...Town fans each to Plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil and Crawley. Can we do it? Probably depends on results but we'll have at least 300 at each I'd wager. Is anyone planning on doing all 4?

I'd definitely be making Exeter if I wasn't moving house next month. I'll be at Cambridge though.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 29, 2016, 10:45pm; Reply: 1
Cambridge, Crawley and Yeovil for me.
Posted by: MarinerRob, September 29, 2016, 10:54pm; Reply: 2
Cambridge, Yeovil, Crawley and maybe Exeter for me in the next two months.
As well as travelling 220 miles (each way) on the train for most home games.
Posted by: MarinerRob, September 29, 2016, 10:58pm; Reply: 3
Just seen that Exeter's ground is quite close to the station so it should be a yes for that game.
Has anyone any tips for getting to the ground from the station?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 30, 2016, 12:10am; Reply: 4
All of the above :)
Posted by: northbankmariner, September 30, 2016, 5:21am; Reply: 5
Guys, massive respect to you all for the time, effort and not least the money you fork out following the mighty mariners away. Whilst we are all fans on here not all have such dedication as you lot are showing, am  impressed, and quite envious really. Hope these long journeys reward your efforts with some good football and more points. Up the mariners.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 30, 2016, 7:14am; Reply: 6
Certainly going to Exeter, Yeovil and Plymouth ( 2 of which are new grounds for me) but cannot make Cambridge or Crawley.
Posted by: A.l.f., September 30, 2016, 8:28am; Reply: 7
Definately going to Exeter next Saturday.  Hoping to make Plymouth & Crawley too but can't do Yeovil due to a prior engagement.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 30, 2016, 9:28am; Reply: 8
Crawley first time around was enough for me, tidy enough little ground but hate that journey around the M25.

Plymouth is planned as a stopover for me with a night on Union St in the mix (wine)
Posted by: totalidiot, September 30, 2016, 9:43am; Reply: 9
Just come out of work so my plan of going to every game is not going to happen tho always like to go to plymouth as it's a lovely place and a great place for a beer (especially around the barbican)
just booked train on friday and now looking at accomodation with bed and breakfast coming up at around £70 -£80 and premier inn at £109 for 2 nights so not too bad for a little footy breakaway.
Posted by: Hertsmariner, September 30, 2016, 10:29am; Reply: 10
Already have my train tickets for Exeter, and will certainly do Cambridge. Probably not Yeovil as I'm arriving back from Canada the day before. Probably not Plymouth either as I'll be travelling up for the Barnet and Carlisle home games (hotel already booked in Cleethorpes) and the wife would take a very dim view of me taking yet another Saturday away!
Posted by: devon mariner, September 30, 2016, 1:09pm; Reply: 11
I'll be at Exeter, Plymouth and Yeovil as all are within striking distance from my home in Torquay
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 30, 2016, 1:23pm; Reply: 12
I will be at Cambridge sorry can not make more for family reasons.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 30, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will be at Cambridge sorry can not make more for family reasons.

You having a pint in the club first Pete?

Posted by: hannahGTFC, September 30, 2016, 1:29pm; Reply: 14
Crawley away is on my birthday, so it's the perfect opportunity for an away day celebration!
Posted by: lukeo, October 1, 2016, 8:34am; Reply: 15
I  will be at all of them.
#SWMariners
Posted by: Mariner16, October 1, 2016, 10:01am; Reply: 16
Doing Cambridge and Plymouth for definate, flying down to Newquay from Leeds for Plymouth doing the friday to sunday as the return air fare was quite cheap so there's 10 of us going.

Exeter I'm going to see this week. Predict 400 at Exeter, 1,000 at cambridge, 350 at Yeovil and Plymouth and 600 Crawley due to South east exiles
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 1, 2016, 10:47am; Reply: 17
Quoted from immariner
...Town fans each to Plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil and Crawley. Can we do it? Probably depends on results but we'll have at least 300 at each I'd wager. Is anyone planning on doing all 4?

I'd definitely be making Exeter if I wasn't moving house next month. I'll be at Cambridge though.

All for me and my clan, apart from Cambridge, but I am South West based so they are not too far for me.

Posted by: Bristol Mariner, October 1, 2016, 10:55am; Reply: 18
Yep all of them. Home games for us lot in the SW
Posted by: sydney, October 1, 2016, 11:15am; Reply: 19
After today can't make another game until mid Nov 😩
Credit to the travelling black and white army
3 points today and we really are in the mix
Come on Town!
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 1, 2016, 11:40am; Reply: 20
Got a really busy few weeks coming up so can only make Plymouth but I've been to Crawley and Cambridge but not Exeter and Yeovil.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 3:07am