Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 26, 2016, 8:05am
What a top guy JPP is!  Understand why he has been released but shame to see him go.  Great to read about his work in the local community etc.  What a change from the situation 6-8 years ago when the squad seemed full of boozer journeymen.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 26, 2016, 8:47am; Reply: 1
Yep, top guy and a good player. The one i'm saddest to see go.
Posted by: Harry Haddock, May 26, 2016, 9:26am; Reply: 2
Me too. Hope he finds a new club soon.

I feel he just needs a regular place in a team to build up his confidence. Oh and to stay away from injuries.
Posted by: mariner91, May 26, 2016, 9:41am; Reply: 3
Just read it and it's refreshing to see the change in personnel we've had at the club compared to the dark days of Mike Newell and Neil Woods. Credit to PH for bringing in the right characters and credit to the players themselves for being good blokes.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 26, 2016, 10:17am; Reply: 4
That's why mckreth and brown released hurst wanted committed professional players not ones looking to toss it off or so I'm told  ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 26, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 5
Top bloke , all the best jp.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, May 26, 2016, 11:52am; Reply: 6
Can someone c&p it so i dont have to go on there plz?
Posted by: mariner83, May 26, 2016, 11:57am; Reply: 7
JON-PAUL Pittman hopes Grimsby Town fans get to watch some 'sexy football' in League Two as the departing striker wished his former employers well for next season.

Pittman was the first to announce that he had been released by the club as one of 11 out-of-contract players to leave Blundell Park on Tuesday.

Joining the 29-year-old in heading out of the exit door were Danny East, Craig Clay, Andy Monkhouse, Gregor Robertson, Marcus Marshall, Anthony Straker, Josh Sunter, Callum Bastock and Conor Henderson, while Jon Nolan has also left to sign for League One side Chesterfield.

Speaking to the Telegraph shortly after his exit was confirmed, Pittman thanked the fans for their support during his two years with Town, adding that he feels club is in a better position than a number of their rivals in League Two next season.

"It's been a season to remember, definitely," he said.

"I used the word redemption after we achieved what we did at Wembley this season and that's what it felt like after what happened against Bristol Rovers the season before.

"Looking ahead, I think the club is in really good hands in Paul Hurst and Chris Doig – and John Fenty, plus the Mullens, who help out as well on the financial side of things.

"I think, in that respect, Grimsby are probably are in a better position than a lot of clubs that are already in League Two.

"It's now up to the gaffer to try and find the right personnel – which I'm sure he will – in order to have a solid season that builds on the success of the season just gone."

He continued: "I hope the fans get to see some sexy football next season.

"Six years of non-league is a long time and not what they'd been used to over the years.

"On a personal level, I'd like to thank them for supporting me during my time here. I've had my injuries, but they've stuck by me through them and then again after the Wembley final with Bristol Rovers.

"They're good fans and I'll always be grateful to them."

During his time with the club, Pittman became a prominent figure in the community, volunteering for a number of charitable causes, including Supporting Local Champions – a group which supports the area's young and talented sportspeople.

"I've enjoyed being part of this community over the last few years," he added. "It all happened organically – I didn't plan on becoming Mr Grimsby Town or anything like that! It just happened naturally because of the people around the area.

"I really got to know the people of the area and they got to know me and that's something I'll always be thankful for."

Read more: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Ex-striker-hopes-fans-sexy-football-season/story-29320096-detail/story.html#ixzz49l6keFJg
Follow us: @GrimsbyTel on Twitter | grimsbytel on Facebook
Posted by: devs, May 26, 2016, 12:51pm; Reply: 8
Top man - I am so pleased he went out on a high and was on the pitch when we got promotion
All the best for the future Pope!
Posted by: grimps, May 26, 2016, 1:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from devs
Top man - I am so pleased he went out on a high and was on the pitch when we got promotion
All the best for the future Pope!

At least he got the chance to exercise his demons from last years penalty miss
Posted by: Grimal, May 26, 2016, 2:10pm; Reply: 10
All the best to JP wherever his future lies..He's been a good servant to our club and a true professional.Sad to see him go.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 26, 2016, 3:47pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimps

At least he got the chance to exercise his demons from last years penalty miss

Everybody needs to exercise their demons now and again - I prefer labradors meself.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 26, 2016, 8:10pm; Reply: 12
All the best to JPP.

Nice to read those comments.
Posted by: kamakazebear, May 26, 2016, 8:32pm; Reply: 13
I still thought as much as that goal meant to Arnold to send us up, I'd have loved it that little bit more if he'd knocked it to the side for JPP to slam it home and give us a Stuart Pearce like reaction.

Glad he left as part of a squad who gained promotion so the penalty miss won't weigh too heavily on his mind. Surely he'll get a contract at another conference team.
Posted by: springstomind, May 26, 2016, 10:03pm; Reply: 14
A very skilful player with an eye for goal when he was fully fit, it appears his biggest injury setbacks are behind him and I hope he will come back strong and fit in the new year. Any remaining conference team would be lucky to have him In their squad for nex season. He'll get snapped up.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 26, 2016, 10:07pm; Reply: 15
I'm certain the Pittmans and Clays we released will get high end conference clubs, they will probably end up at Wrexham or Gateshead or somewhere similar.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 26, 2016, 10:23pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from kamakazebear
I still thought as much as that goal meant to Arnold to send us up, I'd have loved it that little bit more if he'd knocked it to the side for JPP to slam it home and give us a Stuart Pearce like reaction.

Glad he left as part of a squad who gained promotion so the penalty miss won't weigh too heavily on his mind. Surely he'll get a contract at another conference team.

Exactly my thoughts, you have to be brave to take a penalty at Wembley, and I like many Town fans wanted JPP to play a big part in our promotion push.

JPP leaves with my best wishes and many thanks for the part he played in our promotion push.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 26, 2016, 11:07pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'm certain the Pittmans and Clays we released will get high end conference clubs, they will probably end up at Wrexham or Gateshead or somewhere similar.

Exactly. These guys will play at Wembley again in the not too distant future.
Posted by: chaos33, May 26, 2016, 11:47pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Grimal
All the best to JP wherever his future lies..He's been a good servant to our club and a true professional.Sad to see him go.

Agree. Good luck to him.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 27, 2016, 7:27am; Reply: 19
Quoted from springstomind
A very skilful player with an eye for goal when he was fully fit, it appears his biggest injury setbacks are behind him and I hope he will come back strong and fit in the new year. Any remaining conference team would be lucky to have him In their squad for nex season. He'll get snapped up.

Lincoln should snap him and Clay up.
Posted by: DocTower, May 27, 2016, 7:31am; Reply: 20
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Lincoln should snap him and Clay up.

Their new manager , Cowley  is it from Braintree,  what style of football do you think he will want ?    Braintree was built on a stubborn defence and breakaway  goals .  Will be in resting to see how they fare next season .
Posted by: big al, May 27, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 21
Intelligent bloke. Intelligent player. Always felt he had real hidden potential that if tapped, would have allowed him to play much higher up the pyramid.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 27, 2016, 12:13pm; Reply: 22
Signed for Harrogate - excellent signing for them if he can stay fit.
Posted by: mariner91, May 27, 2016, 1:11pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Chrisblor
Signed for Harrogate - excellent signing for them if he can stay fit.

He'll absolutely piss that league if he's fit!
Posted by: toontown, May 27, 2016, 8:37pm; Reply: 24
Surprised JP has dropped down but he must have his reasons, good luck to him, he will certainly be an asset to them on and off the pitch
Posted by: chaos33, May 27, 2016, 8:44pm; Reply: 25
I wonder if he's gone part time?

I've got to admit that I expected someone like Macclesfield, or Torquay or Chester to sign him.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 1:07am