Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner tommy, February 12, 2016, 1:59pm
Anthony Straker signed till the end of the season.
Midfielder from York City
UTM
Posted by: Biccys, February 12, 2016, 2:00pm; Reply: 1
No doubt he's shite and Hurst has no clue about anything. Boooo, everyone out.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 12, 2016, 2:00pm; Reply: 2
About time we had an ex yorkie.
Posted by: KK_DOG, February 12, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner tommy
Anthony Straker signed till the end of the season.
Midfielder from York City
UTM

Is thet the 2pm announcement? You are early

Posted by: Hagrid, February 12, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 4
it was the man from the footage!! we are all detectives ;) welcome Anthony and UTM!
Posted by: mariner tommy, February 12, 2016, 2:02pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from KK_DOG

Is thet the 2pm announcement? You are early

I put my watch 5 minutes fast

UTM
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 12, 2016, 2:05pm; Reply: 6
Never seen him play. Hopefully he will be a good addition
Posted by: Davec, February 12, 2016, 2:05pm; Reply: 7
York fan I know has sent me this

"worst player we've had for 10 years, I can't believe you've signed him"

Let's hope he proves us wrong
Posted by: Biccys, February 12, 2016, 2:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Davec

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2016, 2:06pm; Reply: 9
Reminds me of the time they signed Jamie Clarke from us.
Posted by: Sigone, February 12, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Davec

Worse that Jamal Flyfield???? My god what have we signed, does he have 2 legs?  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 11
Another midfielder cum defender-do we need another?

Will we ever get a 4th striker?    :-/
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 12, 2016, 2:08pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Davec

Worse than Fyfield?

no chance
Posted by: Maringer, February 12, 2016, 2:09pm; Reply: 13
Is he a midfielder, then? The OS seems to indicate a midfielder who can play up front, but his wikipedia page says he plays in midfield or defence!

I suppose he's cover for Monkhouse/Robertson/Horwood but it still leaves us lacking a 4th striker.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 12, 2016, 2:09pm; Reply: 14
I imagine he's been brought in as a winger- deserves a chance
Posted by: Rik e B, February 12, 2016, 2:10pm; Reply: 15
Can't be worse than Marshall
Posted by: ackomariner, February 12, 2016, 2:10pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings
Another midfielder cum defender-do we need another?

Will we ever get a 4th striker?    :-/

Another Parslow  :P
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2016, 2:10pm; Reply: 17
It wouldn't be a GTFC signing without ex fans lining up to tell us how sh1te he is.
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 12, 2016, 2:11pm; Reply: 18
I'm reserving judgement until i've seen him play. Was hoping for a bit more of a 'wow' signing though.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 12, 2016, 2:11pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Chrisblor
I'm reserving judgement until i've seen him play. Was hoping for a bit more of a 'wow' signing though.

that beard is "wow" enough  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2016, 2:13pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yeah, me too but seeing as i have never heard of him and have no idea where he is going to play, i think i'll wait 'til he's had a game or two before i decide that he's not very good.  ;D
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 12, 2016, 2:13pm; Reply: 21
Is he a left back who we're just inventing into a back up left winger? It may work but I'd rather have seen an out and out first team winger come in.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 12, 2016, 2:13pm; Reply: 22
Lets give him a chance Ffs before we destroy him
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 12, 2016, 2:14pm; Reply: 23
Has it got anything to do with that UFO sighting?
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 12, 2016, 2:16pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from pontoonlew
Is he a left back who we're just inventing into a back up left winger? It may work but I'd rather have seen an out and out first team winger come in.

Wikipedia reckons he's been playing as a left midfielder for the last few seasons, however the Telegraph posted a highlights video (not really, mostly just him doing some tackles) on their article which shows him mainly playing at left-back for Motherwell and York, so who knows. Don't really think we need a 3rd left back though.

Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Lets give him a chance Ffs before we destroy him

Every single post in this thread so far basically says that. Nobody has called him excrement (apart from a York supporter).

Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2016, 2:19pm; Reply: 25
Number 33. I wonder why PH never re-uses squad numbers (eg. 7)? This is the (well, my) burning issue.
Posted by: davmariner, February 12, 2016, 2:19pm; Reply: 26
Phil Brown rated him enough to offer him a new deal at Southend which he turned down to sign for York. Hasn't worked out for him at a club that has been struggling since they were promoted. For me, it's another player that we've signed similar to Nolan. Hasn't quite worked at his previous club but has the potential to fit in well in our side.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, February 12, 2016, 2:21pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew

He was converted 6 years ago so most of his carear has been spent on the wing.

Posted by: Garth, February 12, 2016, 2:24pm; Reply: 28
First thoughts underwhelmed,  but I`ve been that way before with Hurst`s signing and have been wrong, PH has the money and the experience and has chosen this player on his merits I suppose, so I will wait and see him play before commenting
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2016, 2:24pm; Reply: 29
A quick look at his stats suggests he's decent. Has a conference title to his name with Aldershot and at 27 has played over 350 games, with the last few years at a higher level, so that suggests he far from sh1te. Anyway, what do York fans know? They're just like Lincoln fans and think that having a Cathedral makes you a decent football team with knowledgeable fans.
Posted by: psgmariner, February 12, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 30
One of the worst pros I've ever seen at YCFC in 40 years.

Good luck.

-

Left Back in our side that drunk the 2008 Conference, winger in our side that reached the L2 play-offs, so he's alright by me.

He's one of those players that is a wing back more than anything else. As per comments elsewhere, he gets caught out a bit too much at LB, but isn't a reliable enough crosser to be an out-and-out winger. The sort of player you want playing LB when you're chasing the game (or trying to win every game 4-3 like we were in 2008).

I see he's only 27 now, so should still be able to do a job at conference level, but it sounds from Shy like he can't be bothered any more.

-

Can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot.

But he can run like the clappers and is a reasonable tackler. The amount of times he'd win the ball, run up the left wing and then lose it leaving the flank completely exposed resulting in a goal makes him a hidious liability however.

One of my most hated players. Half of out lot liked him though for some bizarre reason.

-

Started off as left back for us and had a bit of pace. Became a bit of a scapegoat by our fans, not surprising with lots of misplaced passes and wasted crosses. But now and again he score some surprising goals. He was temporary moved on to the left wing/midfield for a while with us and he seemed to have a better game.

I'm surprised he lasted so long in L2 with Southend and York and I definitely don't think he's league standard or even good enough now for a top Conference club.

-

If anyone epitomised the word "workshy" it is him.

Everything just seems like too much effort for him. I don't know how he manages to get out of bed on a morning he's so idle.

-

Southend fans used to say he has a twin brother. One of them is a great footballer, the other is excrement and they'd never know which would turn up.

At York, the good one only played one game. A meaningless Paint Pot game where he was unplayable. The excrement one turned up to all the other games.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 31
Played as a winger at York, just not very well! However, this is a league lower (and different surroundings etc), so who knows, he could prove my miserableness wrong and be a decent backup (and backup wingers are not something we're rich in).
Posted by: chaos33, February 12, 2016, 2:32pm; Reply: 32
Don't shoot the messenger but had this from my York supporting mate:
"Spineless. No work ethic and can't tackle. Can produce a decent cross if in the mood".

Hope we can give him a chance and reserve judgement. In all honesty I can't see him dislodging Monkey or Nathan Arnold anyway.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 12, 2016, 2:32pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Abdul19
Number 33. I wonder why PH never re-uses squad numbers (eg. 7)? This is the (well, my) burning issue.

Is it new rulings that?
Posted by: oldun, February 12, 2016, 2:33pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from psgmariner
One of the worst pros I've ever seen at YCFC in 40 years.

Good luck.

-

Left Back in our side that drunk the 2008 Conference, winger in our side that reached the L2 play-offs, so he's alright by me.

He's one of those players that is a wing back more than anything else. As per comments elsewhere, he gets caught out a bit too much at LB, but isn't a reliable enough crosser to be an out-and-out winger. The sort of player you want playing LB when you're chasing the game (or trying to win every game 4-3 like we were in 2008).

I see he's only 27 now, so should still be able to do a job at conference level, but it sounds from Shy like he can't be bothered any more.

-

Can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot.

But he can run like the clappers and is a reasonable tackler. The amount of times he'd win the ball, run up the left wing and then lose it leaving the flank completely exposed resulting in a goal makes him a hidious liability however.

One of my most hated players. Half of out lot liked him though for some bizarre reason.

-

Started off as left back for us and had a bit of pace. Became a bit of a scapegoat by our fans, not surprising with lots of misplaced passes and wasted crosses. But now and again he score some surprising goals. He was temporary moved on to the left wing/midfield for a while with us and he seemed to have a better game.

I'm surprised he lasted so long in L2 with Southend and York and I definitely don't think he's league standard or even good enough now for a top Conference club.

-

If anyone epitomised the word "workshy" it is him.

Everything just seems like too much effort for him. I don't know how he manages to get out of bed on a morning he's so idle.

-

Southend fans used to say he has a twin brother. One of them is a great footballer, the other is excrement and they'd never know which would turn up.

At York, the good one only played one game. A meaningless Paint Pot game where he was unplayable. The excrement one turned up to all the other games.

Encouraging. Well Paul over to you and Mr Straker. Surprise us eh!
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 12, 2016, 2:34pm; Reply: 35
I'd like to think he's good enough not to be a back up. With a decent budget and at a vital time, you'd like to think we were signing first teamers to make our current first teamers very capable back ups. You should always be looking to improve IMO.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 12, 2016, 2:34pm; Reply: 36
seems like similar comments to nolans ex clubs, hasn't started to badly has he....
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2016, 2:36pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Is it new rulings that?

Yeah, could be that. If it is, it's a good job it wasn't in place during 09/10 as we'd have run out of numbers ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2016, 2:36pm; Reply: 38
Sounds like your typical Conference player. Has some talent but it doesn't show every game. Most players at this level have some flaws. I can't imagine Hurst letting him get away with being idle but consistency is the key.

I'm sure PH has spotted something in him he can work with. Either that or there's nowt else out there and we need numbers. As ever, time will tell.
Posted by: Garth, February 12, 2016, 2:38pm; Reply: 39
Back up at best IMO, we will see :(
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 12, 2016, 2:40pm; Reply: 40
Well I think the signings we've made this year answer the question of whether we've actually got much money available to hurst .
Posted by: ackomariner, February 12, 2016, 2:41pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Hagrid
seems like similar comments to nolans ex clubs, hasn't started to badly has he....

This
Posted by: Garth, February 12, 2016, 2:46pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Well I think the signings we've made this year answer the question of whether we've actually got much money available to hurst .

Saving his bucks for a top Straker striker
Posted by: lancspontooner, February 12, 2016, 2:48pm; Reply: 43
Looks like another Mackreth type player. Plenty of games and very few goals. Looks more of a wingback in a 3-5-2 formation. Can't help feeling that this signing is typical of our play-off mind set. Cannot see us challenge the top 2 unless we see a quality 4th forward soon.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2016, 2:52pm; Reply: 44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6C9UZYjOJc
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 12, 2016, 2:55pm; Reply: 45
Seen him play a few times, got a decent turn of pace without being super quick, didn't have the trickery to beat his man and his delivery wasn't the best. But that was playing for York a league higher so might prove useful backup to Monkhouse. Not the signing I was hoping for though if I'm honest and I hope there's a striker to follow him.

That said, welcome to the club and all the best.
Posted by: Garth, February 12, 2016, 3:06pm; Reply: 46

Try this

https://youtu.be/Dks1IRJtg0U
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 12, 2016, 3:12pm; Reply: 47
Comment from an Aldershot fan :-

"In fairness, Straker was always going to be harshly judged after following two Shots legends (Jason Chewins and Darren Barnard) in the left-back position. We've had a lot worse and he wasn't that bad (remember Simon Grand?)"

Darren Barnard a legend?
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 12, 2016, 3:13pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from lancspontooner
Looks like another Mackreth type player. Plenty of games and very few goals. Looks more of a wingback in a 3-5-2 formation. Can't help feeling that this signing is typical of our play-off mind set. Cannot see us challenge the top 2 unless we see a quality 4th forward soon.

I hope he's better than Mackreth.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 12, 2016, 3:20pm; Reply: 49
Feeling massively unarsed.

Either another york imposter or an average conference player who will be steady.

Still waiting for "that" 4th striker.

I dont know if to believe the york fans or if they just bitter because they coming back to their natural level next season.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 12, 2016, 3:32pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Garth

Quite encouraged by that, especially the Motherwell clips. Can shepherd a winger out and nab the ball off their toes. Seems to have a bit of energy to get up and down the touchline as well.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 12, 2016, 3:37pm; Reply: 51
I had him Football Manager 14 and he was good then. We didn't concede many goals when I played him. If that's anything to go by!
Joking aside, sounds like another "solid" signing and Hurst's eyes probably lit up when a York player became available.
Posted by: Garth, February 12, 2016, 3:40pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Quite encouraged by that, especially the Motherwell clips. Can shepherd a winger out and nab the ball off their toes. Seems to have a bit of energy to get up and down the touchline as well.

My thoughts too, selected clips I know, a stronger version of Asward?
Posted by: Tommy, February 12, 2016, 3:54pm; Reply: 53
Would having him as an option for left-midfield open up the possibility of Monkhouse being used up front as someone who can win the ball in the air?
Posted by: rancido, February 12, 2016, 3:56pm; Reply: 54
PH knows exactly what he needs for the squad and if this guy fits that criteria then fair enough. He has repeatedly said he wouldn't sign a player just for the sake of it and he obviously has a game plan that includes Straker.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 12, 2016, 4:03pm; Reply: 55
Getting some decent comments from Shots fans. :)

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40135
Posted by: Garth, February 12, 2016, 4:04pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Tommy
Would having him as an option for left-midfield open up the possibility of Monkhouse being used up front as someone who can win the ball in the air?

Nar! not for a (going for promotion team) it would remind me too much of the Mike Lyons era.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 12, 2016, 4:23pm; Reply: 57
I like him he has got a nice smile, ;)

I think Paul might have misread the Fishy,

We kept telling him we need another Straker :B
Posted by: oldun, February 12, 2016, 4:25pm; Reply: 58
I hope he is going to play as wide midfielder. Otherwise, do we really need another left back?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 12, 2016, 4:30pm; Reply: 59
He started in the League 2 play-off semi-finals only 2 years ago...

I am pleased with this one
Posted by: bobbyturtle, February 12, 2016, 4:42pm; Reply: 60
Welcome
Posted by: cannylad68, February 12, 2016, 4:57pm; Reply: 61
My York City friend has just emailed ne.

'  my sincere condolences '
Posted by: cannylad68, February 12, 2016, 4:58pm; Reply: 62
sorry should be me not ne.

It's my age you know.
Posted by: Grimal, February 12, 2016, 5:01pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from cannylad68
My York City friend has just emailed ne.

'  my sincere condolences '

And you can send yours back to him,when they drop down here next season.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 12, 2016, 5:35pm; Reply: 64
Hes there to launch the ball to in the Trophy games, ala Monkhouse , I reckon thats where he fits in
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, February 12, 2016, 5:41pm; Reply: 65
Hopefully he'll turn out to be as excrement as Nolan.
Posted by: dicko995, February 12, 2016, 5:52pm; Reply: 66
Can only wish him a big welcome, I must admit though that after all the guessing games weve been going through I am really disappointed. I was really praying for a 'get in there' striker who could hustle the opponents and laying off for podge etc. Even a prolific winger with brilliant crosses, so, I hope Hursty can bring another rabbit out the hat and surprise us all. There must be something there. Lets judge him after seeing him. I still think we need that hefty guy up front, was hoping last month Gnanduillet would come, thought he fitted the bill. Hope you bring that added thrill Mr.Straker.....UTM.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2016, 6:17pm; Reply: 67
First straker at BP since these blokes:

[img]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276369/Article/images/20306890/5613782-large.jpg[/img]
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 12, 2016, 6:24pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Hopefully he'll turn out to be as excrement as Nolan.

Nobody said Nolan was a bad player.

Besides, he's played TWO league games ffs.
Posted by: barralad, February 12, 2016, 6:36pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from pontoonlew

I've read it all now : :o
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 12, 2016, 6:38pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from pontoonlew

I think HH was referring to the views of the Lincoln fans when we signed him, not having a go at anyone on here.
Posted by: mariner91, February 12, 2016, 6:39pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from pontoonlew

This is a direct quote from you: "He does have a terrible attitude, that isn't up for debate IMO because he's shown it multiple times. Why sign a player who has a proven track record of trouble in such a vital part of the season? Why even take that risk." Perhaps not saying he's a bad player but certainly saying he wasn't a good signing.

This gem is also from you:

"I usually hate people slating signings but flipping hell what a completely underwhelming signing. A known trouble causer and from what I've seen, no better than what we have.

We desperately desperately needed a first team starter. We've signed two bench warmers.

Nice one."
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, February 12, 2016, 7:59pm; Reply: 72
Correct Les.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 12, 2016, 8:09pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from mariner91

This is a direct quote from you: "He does have a terrible attitude, that isn't up for debate IMO because he's shown it multiple times. Why sign a player who has a proven track record of trouble in such a vital part of the season? Why even take that risk." Perhaps not saying he's a bad player but certainly saying he wasn't a good signing.

"I usually hate people slating signings but flipping hell what a completely underwhelming signing. A known trouble causer and from what I've seen, no better than what we have.

We desperately desperately needed a first team starter. We've signed two bench warmers.

Nice one."

Game set and match methinks ;D ;D
Hate to say it but being told that straker is feckin garbage .from a former teammate.
Posted by: Garth, February 12, 2016, 8:52pm; Reply: 74
Straker Interview on Player now
Posted by: DocTower, February 12, 2016, 8:53pm; Reply: 75
He was pretty good in the 70's when he was in U F O , Grimsby Pete will remember that one .
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 12, 2016, 9:14pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Garth
Straker Interview on Player now

You teaser you, definitely getting it next season.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 12, 2016, 10:07pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from DocTower
He was pretty good in the 70's when he was in U F O , Grimsby Pete will remember that one .

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Loved it not only was he pretty good his mates went into space in Interceptors too. I bought one as a kid from Gregory's it fired the big misile at the front ......... Years before Star Wars

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 12, 2016, 10:29pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from DocTower

I might have  ;D
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 12, 2016, 11:37pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from mariner91

Nice one."

Point to where I've said he was excrement, I suggested he wasn't better than what we have. He may end up being, he may up not being.  I also suggested it was a risky signing at a vital point in the year, not that he was a poor player.

But getting on the 'look at me I was right about him' after TWO league games is absolutely ridiculous.

Also, well done for missing the part about me saying there was no doubt he could play a bit in the first quote. Why did you leave that out?
Posted by: forza ivano, February 13, 2016, 12:06am; Reply: 80
Quoted from pontoonlew

Point to where I've said he was excrement, I suggested he wasn't better than what we have. He may end up being, he may up not being.  I also suggested it was a risky signing at a vital point in the year, not that he was a poor player.

But getting on the 'look at me I was right about him' after TWO league games is absolutely ridiculous.

Nice try,but not good enough.sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and admit that your constant negativity was wrong on this occasion
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 13, 2016, 12:50am; Reply: 81
Well no because the other part of my post which said about there being no denying Nolan can play a bit was conviniently left out of that wasn't it?

Nolan had an encouraging game on Tuesday long may it continue I'll judge the bloke after 10 games. I'd like every single Town player to do well and win us te league, we post on here for the same reasons. To debate the club we all want to see do well, having an opinion is not negative solely because it's different to your own. You can't come on here saying 'hey look you were wrong' not only because nothing would make me happier to be wrong (despite never questioning that he could play) but secondly because he's played two league games. You'd not want me to come on here and say 'hey look I was right' if he was shite in his 2 games (again didn't say he was shite) because that would be crazy, wouldn't it?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 13, 2016, 7:24am; Reply: 82
Qoute from a york fan.

"Well dont say we didnt warn you, and im surprised he could be arsed to pick up the pen to sign his contract"

;D ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 13, 2016, 8:48am; Reply: 83
For me, hurst has this knack of getting the best out of mediocre players that clubs have released. We're not at a level where the best league players are falling over themselves to come sign for us, so yes sometimes we have to have the players released by others!

Maybe the comments that castigate players are from clubs where the managers couldn't actually man manage the players. As mentioned previously Nolan has been a revelation since coming on board, as too have clay and podge.
Posted by: Rick12, February 13, 2016, 9:05am; Reply: 84
5 years at Aldershot so must have a bit of something at lower level .Always feel that the the success of a pro footballer is measured on how long they have been at a club (apart from the obvious if there any good of rising up the football pyramid).Having said that when you see someone play live does makes a massive difference on getting a appreciation of what there like as a player over watching them on tv or clips of the internet.
Posted by: Garth, February 13, 2016, 9:13am; Reply: 85
Quoted from Rick12
5 years at Aldershot so must have a bit of something at lower level .Always feel that the the success of a pro footballer is measured on how long they have been at a club to name the obvious(apart from the obvious if there any good of rising up the football pyramid).Having said that when you see someone play live does makes a massive difference on getting a appreciation of what there like as a player over watching them on tv or clips of the internet.

Agreed video footage hardly ever shows a player`s bad bits however what you do see is for real and not a computer mock up, but a judgement can only made over time as the first few matches are needed for them to gel into a new team, really good players though are able to walk into any team any time and make a positive difference.
Posted by: Rick12, February 13, 2016, 9:24am; Reply: 86
Quoted from Garth

Agreed video footage hardly ever shows a player`s bad bits however what you do see is for real and not a computer mock up, but a judgement can only made over time as the first few matches are needed for them to gel into a new team, really good players though are able to walk into any team any time and make a positive difference.
And the other thing is consistency.Some might do it for a few games then tail off whereas others who have good mental resolve can produce consistency over a large share of the season.As Michael Owen once said 90% of football is in the head
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 13, 2016, 10:19am; Reply: 87
York fans said Parslow & Fyfield was both good signings, look how they ended up...

Never trust a 'Yorkie'
Posted by: Barrattstander, February 13, 2016, 10:38am; Reply: 88
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
York fans said Parslow & Fyfield was both good signings, look how they ended up...

Never trust a 'Yorkie'

That'll be the same Daniel Parslow who's been an ever present this season for current leaders Cheltenham.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 13, 2016, 11:04am; Reply: 89
And they said fyflid was excrement btw.

Lived up to expectations.
Print page generated: May 16, 2024, 10:30am