Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 10, 2016, 4:45pm
I know there are at least a couple of others on here who follow Boston results or even go to the odd game of theirs like me so here's a piece I wrote on their title chances yesterday.

Please take a look at my back catalogue as well. For anyone who missed it, I wrote an article about following non-league football over here in Spain recently which might be of interest to you.

https://theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/mid-season-prospects-for-the-pilgrims/
Posted by: Grimal, February 10, 2016, 6:14pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I know there are at least a couple of others on here who follow Boston results or even go to the odd game of theirs like me so here's a piece I wrote on their title chances yesterday.

Please take a look at my back catalogue as well. For anyone who missed it, I wrote an article about following non-league football over here in Spain recently which might be of interest to you.

https://theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/mid-season-prospects-for-the-pilgrims/

Thanks for that Paris, a good read. With previously living in Boston for 45 years I still have a soft spot for the Pilgrims and do attend one or two of their games every season.

Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 10, 2016, 6:38pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Grimal

Thanks for that Paris, a good read. With previously living in Boston for 45 years I still have a soft spot for the Pilgrims and do attend one or two of their games every season.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it Grimal.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), February 10, 2016, 8:08pm; Reply: 3
Boston have a great future ahead of them.

New stadium fully supported by enabling development and extra income streams. I can see them being back in the football league within 5 years maximum
Posted by: sydney, February 10, 2016, 8:11pm; Reply: 4
Yep nice one
Have been involved with the Pilgrims commercially over the years and they deserve to recover from the troubles of the past.
They lost play offs to a worldy last year (they would have beaten Grisley in the final) and wish them all the best for this year
Come on Town!!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 10, 2016, 8:20pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from 120790
Boston have a great future ahead of them.

New stadium fully supported by enabling development and extra income streams. I can see them being back in the football league within 5 years maximum

I think five years might be a bit optimistic but I definitely agree regarding their new stadium. I think Boston will take time to adjust life at Conference level this time round. They won't suddenly start getting massive gates and the 'investment' won't be there this time to compete. Not only that but Dag and Red were one of the bigger clubs in the division last time round whereas this time Boston would be competing with much bigger clubs who are aiming for the title. If Boston do achieve promotion this season, next season I firmly believe the managers' remit would be to simply stay up and sustain that level for a few years. Whilst the new stadium is on the horizon, it's still a long way off. Any ambitious promotion plans to the league would be combined with its completion, or near completion, I'd say.

Glad people have enjoyed the article. I always get a great number of people taking a look from the Fishy when I do post so thanks for your support everyone on that front.
Posted by: Garth, February 10, 2016, 9:02pm; Reply: 6
Good read, I hope Boston get promoted in the next couple of years
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 12, 2016, 8:01pm; Reply: 7
For anyone who found my Boston article readable, here is my latest one The Demise of the Air Header. It is not specific to any club - it's just about football.

https://theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/12/the-demise-of-the-air-header/

Enjoy!

A big thanks to everyone on The Fishy who has looked at my blog - I always get a great response and it's much appreciated.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2016, 11:28pm; Reply: 8
Love the air header one Paris!

I wonder if it's still popular at Sincil Bank.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 12, 2016, 11:45pm; Reply: 9
random but very entertaining :)
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 5:57pm