Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2015, 7:14pm
The answer is 7 pounds and 51 pence !  ;D

Basically, a Gimps shirt with 'We 8 Grimsby' sold on Ebay. I'd say that little lark cost more than double the £7.51 it made. No wonder they're always broke.

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/We-All-8-Grimsby-Lincoln-City-2011-12-Shirt-/221861660345?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=FVzw20JDdXijRpkRHf4%252Fst3DrJ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557[/url]
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 28, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 1
They do not hate us,

BUT

They are very jealous of us.  :)
Posted by: MidnightMariner, August 28, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from RoboCod

Basically, a Gimps shirt with 'We 8 Grimsby' sold on Ebay. I'd say that little lark cost more than double the £7.51 it made. No wonder they're always broke.

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/We-All-8-Grimsby-Lincoln-City-2011-12-Shirt-/221861660345?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=FVzw20JDdXijRpkRHf4%252Fst3DrJ4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557[/url]

I actually placed a couple bids on that item , my max bid was £7.00 , I was then informed I could get a 16 roll pack of Andrex for £6.80
Winner 😉
UTM
Posted by: Vital Lincoln City, August 28, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from RoboCod

The shirt cost us nothing. It was donated by a supporter for Vital Lincoln City to Auction.
Posted by: LH, August 28, 2015, 7:36pm; Reply: 4
It doesn't make it any less tragic if it was free.
Posted by: chaos33, August 28, 2015, 7:37pm; Reply: 5
That's brilliant mate. Well done. A great use of time. (100)(thumbup)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 28, 2015, 7:37pm; Reply: 6
On the eve of their biggest game of the season id have thought the gimps could have pushed the shirt to a tenner at least
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 28, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete
They do not hate us,

BUT

They are very jealous of us.  :)

I don't like it when people say they are going to give 150% but in Lincolns case it seems fitting

I would say 25% hate, 25% spite and 100% Jealousy  ;D
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 8
I'd imagine the dickster who wears this is someone who goes round telling everyone  that Grimsby are obsessed with Lincoln. :-/

Of course it was donated for free, at £1 a letter and £2 a number plus the shirt, even Lincoln are incapable of running at that kind of loss. I think.
Posted by: Grim74, August 28, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 9
Tinpot club tinpot fans
Posted by: nightrider, August 28, 2015, 7:56pm; Reply: 10
Pathetic
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 28, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 11
They will always feel inferior, simply because they are.    
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Vital Lincoln City

The shirt cost us nothing. It was donated by a supporter for Vital Lincoln City to Auction.

Still bloody embarrassing though.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 28, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 13
I for one  admire their envy and resentment in which they show to us. Their obsession  towards us makes me proud of our fan base and our history and shows us why we are superior. Most decent Imps will hold there hands up and admit that the reason they despise us is because they are  jealous but sadly a small percentage of them (usually the most vocal ones) can't seem to register the facts.  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 28, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 14
To be be fair to the Gimps fans that post on Vital, they are true fans like us. They are not glory hunter TV Premiership fans. What concerns me is how many kids you see with Barcelona tops on in England, it's disgusting.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 28, 2015, 9:31pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from promotion plaice
To be be fair to the Gimps fans that post on Vital, they are true fans like us. They are not glory hunter TV Premiership fans. What concerns me is how many kids you see with Barcelona tops on in England, it's disgusting.

You do know that aryanImp, you know the Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd fan since he was a kid or whoever is winning the league posts on there.
Posted by: Tinymariner, August 28, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 16
I don't hate Lincoln or their fans. I love playing them, hate losing to them and adore beating them. It's a great rivalry. I detest Scunthorpe, don't know why but they really rile me.
As for Hull, they are well beyond our level at the minute and I look forward to their decline, only because I believe their fans to be the most ungrateful and forgetful bunch of hypocrites. they seem to forget where they have come from and who to thank for it.
I cant wait to be the best team in the area once again, lets hope the ascent starts tomorrow against the Gimps. UTM.  
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice

Franco would be turning in his grave!
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, August 28, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 18
Now that Lincoln is the heroin an crack cocaine capital of England, and the first city to act on its M-cat problem by banning it from the city centre, maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the delusions of grandeur. I'm more surprised someone had £7 to spare for the shirt.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 28, 2015, 11:46pm; Reply: 19
Ha! That goes down in that list of great Lincoln fundraising campaigns.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 29, 2015, 2:32am; Reply: 20
maybe...just maybe...it is a case of true market value....supply and demand.......obviously....not many Lincoln folks 8 Grimsby .....hence the low selling price...maybe ... just maybe we shouldnt mock...in fact it is actually a true undeniable sign that Grimsby Town Fc are actually not hated but in fact.......loved by the residents of LN.....maybe an "I Love GY" gimps shirt would bring out the true feelings of the county's capital residents and cover the costs of production and then some..  ;)
Posted by: lobsterpot, August 29, 2015, 6:41am; Reply: 21
I would truly be ashamed to have been part of that auction, just over £7? Big Bucks ;D
Posted by: aldi_01, August 29, 2015, 8:21am; Reply: 22
People of Lincoln have an inferiority complex. Regardless of whether they hate us, they struggle with most things. Some are still bitter about the amount of students in the city; many still can't seem to understand that without them Lincoln is still a rundown town much like many other places.

As for us, ten years living there and I got immune to the 'oh you're a cod head' comments. All a bit childish really, a banter that serves no purpose because it wasn't reciprocated.

They're desperate for a real derby but in truth they'll never get one with us. Many of our young fans see it as one but the older they get they'll understand that it isn't.
Posted by: Fishbone, August 29, 2015, 9:55am; Reply: 23
Hate is a strong word to level at a set of supporters who follow their home town club despite dropping to non league level. As a club in a similar position in the same region, I certainly hope we beat them but would be more than happy if the rivalry continued next season in League 2.... I'll get me coat!

Posted by: aldi_01, August 29, 2015, 9:58am; Reply: 24
I'd always like Lincoln in the same league as us, not for the pseudo rivalry they're desperate for but because it's a local game, a nearby away day, something that is rare for us...even more so in this league.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 29, 2015, 10:14am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Fishbone
Hate is a strong word to level at a set of supporters who follow their home town club despite dropping to non league level. As a club in a similar position in the same region, I certainly hope we beat them but would be more than happy if the rivalry continued next season in League 2.... I'll get me coat!

If the feeling was mutual ( Lincoln ) i would agree with you but i'm not sure it is.

Posted by: Mariner_09, August 29, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 26
They won't hate us as much as I hate Man U or Chelsea!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 29, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 27
They'll hate us even more after we beat them today.  ;)
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 2:25pm