Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Vance Warner, May 26, 2015, 12:31pm
New album 'Coastal Tones' out this week on Spotify and iTunes. Well worth a listen. Non-footy I know but reckon they deserve a plug after what they've done for the club in the last month or so.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 26, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 1
Non footy, they wrote the new Mariners theme, they have a spot on the fishy for as long as they want as far as I am concerned  ;)
Posted by: springstomind, May 26, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 2
It's a right tune that Mariners Theme, original as it comes.
Posted by: OneLove, May 27, 2015, 8:24am; Reply: 3
Yes the album came out on Monday and has some excellent feedback and reviews. Be good if the town could get behind it.

Its available to download on i-tunes, spotify and disc in most HMV's across the UK.

Get behind it, we're all grimsby aren't we
Posted by: chicaneuk, May 27, 2015, 8:47am; Reply: 4
"Distant Tides" and "Black and White (For You)" are two of my favourite songs this year from any artist. Really think Orphan Boy have a very successful future ahead of them if they're writing material this good.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 27, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 5
I bought it on Monday, really enjoying it.
Posted by: Ships Cat, May 27, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 6
Off to see them in Scunny on Saturday. Wonder if they'll play Black and White for You?

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 27, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 7
I think they've already had a record deal which didn't work out but imo they are better now so hopefully go on to good things
Posted by: thevera, May 27, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 8
I saw them at Glastonbury in 2007 when they were having a small degree of success and getting a bit of radio airplay. If I remember correct Steve Lamacq featured them on 6Music as is new favourite band around the same time.
Posted by: OneLove, May 27, 2015, 11:24pm; Reply: 9
cheers you guys, never give up no matter what. this albums inspired by the town itself and its taken us ten years to actually feel our feet and find what we had stuck inside us (fish, chips and peas).
Posted by: Youngy, May 28, 2015, 6:16am; Reply: 10
Quoted from thevera
I saw them at Glastonbury in 2007 when they were having a small degree of success and getting a bit of radio airplay. If I remember correct Steve Lamacq featured them on 6Music as is new favourite band around the same time.

I was at that set. 2am if I remember rightly. Seem to remember they got anouched as being from Manchester after the first song they mentioned Grimsby and the whole tent erupted into a Mariners chant.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 2:10am