Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 1, 2015, 6:57pm
Does anybody know how many tickets they have sold,?

They brought 19 for the league game so do you think they will double that for the play off  ;D

Take away our away fans and they managed to get just over 2,500 at home for the most important game in their history,

They do not deserve to be a league club.imo
Posted by: mariner tommy, May 1, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 1
On their forum site Pete they reckon about 200.
Bank holiday weekend with no work the next day for most......very poor.

UTM
Posted by: psgmariner, May 1, 2015, 7:07pm; Reply: 2
Sorry Pete but by your logic we didn't deserve to be a championship club. Fans don't win prizes.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 1, 2015, 7:08pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner tommy
On their forum site Pete they reckon about 200.
Bank holiday weekend with no work the next day for most......very poor.

UTM

I will be surprised if they reach that total Tom,

I hope they do but can not see it myself.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 1, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 4
Is any set of fans more hung up about other clubs attendances than Grimsby?

Eastleigh are a non-league club. However many they bring its a good effort to travel the length of the country just to see a game of non-league football.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 1, 2015, 7:42pm; Reply: 5
[quote=1227]Is any set of fans more hung up about other clubs attendances than Grimsby?

Bristol Rovers ironically........
Posted by: aldi_01, May 1, 2015, 8:05pm; Reply: 6
Who cares? If they bring 200 that is over 10% of their average home crowd. That's excellent for them, regardless of the bank holiday it's still a long trip as we well know.

What matters is town fans turning up and supporting the team and cheering us on to victory...
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 1, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 7
There are doing free coaches for the game.

They are just shy of filling their 3rd coach.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 1, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 8
I'm sure most of those who will go to BP will be the hard core who have been with Eastleigh through thin and thin. Good on them.

Hope they have a good day out (maybe even weekend in Cleethorpes) and travel home safe, happy and hoping for better luck next season.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 1, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 9
I don't have a problem with Eastleigh fans or their Chairman and I hope they do take their offer up of free travel. It's been a great success for them this season and it would be a good way of signing off for the season even when we beat them.
Posted by: lukeo, May 2, 2015, 6:29am; Reply: 10
Wish them the best for next season (hopefully in the conference!) Chairman seem's a respectable guy and the fans from what i'm told are top notch.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 2, 2015, 10:28am; Reply: 11
Says on the telegraph website that they have only sold 200 so I reckon they will bring about 300 max. It will be great to see all 4 sides of the ground chanting together.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 2, 2015, 10:59am; Reply: 12
Too far from Suffolk Pete but a poor show from Eastleigh fans from Hampshire? ;)

Strange logic!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 2, 2015, 11:07am; Reply: 13
I'd heard they'd sold a couple of hundred from some of their fans I got talking to on the way to the gam eon Thursday.  I'd have thought the figure would have capped out around that level once they lost the first leg.

I wish I could make it up for the home game, but will have to settle for TV in London.  I hope the club and fans make it a great atmosphere for the players.  I want to see bog roll, confetti, bouncing, flags, fancy dress, inflatables, banners, Magnay Masks, wigs, retro shirts, scarves and a packed Osmond.  I want to hear all four sides, drums, stamping, clapping, banging, singing.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 2, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 14
Quoted from BIGChris
Too far from Suffolk Pete but a poor show from Eastleigh fans from Hampshire? ;)

Strange logic!

I bet most of their supporters are not my age Chris (wheelchair)
Posted by: aldi_01, May 2, 2015, 11:59am; Reply: 15
People saying their chairman is a good bloke blah blah and so he might be but they still charged £20 a ticket for a non league game in a stand behind a goal...
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 2, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 16
Any chairman who lays on FREE transport for his supporters all the way from Eastleigh can't be all that bad that's around half a dozen coaches.

Just makes me admire all our tremendous fans who made that long trek down there unaided all the more.
Posted by: Rick12, May 2, 2015, 1:01pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from pizzzza
Is any set of fans more hung up about other clubs attendances than Grimsby?

Eastleigh are a non-league club. However many they bring its a good effort to travel the length of the country just to see a game of non-league football.
With such a small fan base though have done well to get into the playoffs. Players and manger deserve a lot of credit

Posted by: big al, May 2, 2015, 2:02pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from aldi_01
People saying their chairman is a good bloke blah blah and so he might be but they still charged £20 a ticket for a non league game in a stand behind a goal...

He also mentioned in the BT interview that they rely on Saints fans to bolster their support. Fair enough, but that's not my cup of tea. You support a club - show an interest in others but it's about being committed as well.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 2, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete
Does anybody know how many tickets they have sold,?

They brought 19 for the league game so do you think they will double that for the play off  ;D

Take away our away fans and they managed to get just over 2,500 at home for the most important game in their history,

They do not deserve to be a league club.imo

Not sure where you got 19 from Pete but they had 51 here for the league game.
Posted by: Grimal, May 2, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin
There are doing free coaches for the game.

They are just shy of filling their 3rd coach.

They are setting off in good time then Les, Obviously don't want to get caught in Heavy traffic. ;)

Posted by: Grimal, May 2, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

I bet most of their supporters are not my age Chris (wheelchair)

Bloody hell Pete,I'm your age and I play walking football twice a week and travel to most away games watching Town,as well as all the home games,I know you live in leafy suffolk but it's not the other side of the universe.Come on mate 68 is now classed as middle age, believe me,If there were walking football sessions down the Bradley pitches every morning, I would be there and would think most of the other 30 to 40 over 60's who attend every session would also be there come rain or shine. My missus says she feels like she's bedding a new man,
so thats what she's up to when I'm down Bradley. ;)

Posted by: sparkles, May 3, 2015, 9:45pm; Reply: 22
They were magnificent today, a real credit to their club. Never stopped singing, even at 3-0, and carried on long after I left the ground I imagine.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 3, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from sparkles
They were magnificent today, a real credit to their club. Never stopped singing, even at 3-0, and carried on long after I left the ground I imagine.

Agree

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 3, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 24
They were in full voice even when the town players came back out they must have been gutted but they kept going despite being totally out numbered and chanted at from all sides. A long journey back down to Eastleigh but be assured you did your team proud. Well done.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 3, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 25
It's a pity that their players did not reappear to give them a clap.
Posted by: A.l.f., May 3, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 26
They did come out later and got applause from our fans too.  Good to see no trouble today.
Posted by: Caesar, May 4, 2015, 9:05am; Reply: 27
Got to give them massive credit,for such a small new club their fans were immense yesterday.  Had come with a little bit of hope but once that was extinguished clearly had a party atmosphere and enjoyed themselves tremendously.  The chairman may have paid for coaches but that is still a very long journey so fair play to them, hope they continue to grow as a club!
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 6:45am