Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 19, 2015, 6:04pm
A narrow win for Tony Blair last time out.

Nominations for the above period, though I will probably knock this award on the head after this week, as it's not having the popularity and number of votes it used to get unfortunately.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 19, 2015, 6:15pm; Reply: 1
If this is the last one we should give it to Blatter,

It would be rude not too. ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 19, 2015, 6:22pm; Reply: 2
David Cameron. For being an insincere, greasy-faced, chubby boy rich twit who promised no top-down re-orgnisation of the NHS then promptly wasted £3billion on dong so to look after his cronies in private companies. Oh and for continuing the feather-bedding of well-off older people whilst stiffing young people.
Posted by: wigworld, April 19, 2015, 6:24pm; Reply: 3
I'm guessing votes have dropped off because things are going reasonably well on the pitch?

I'll never turn down an opportunity to vote for Sepp Blatter.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 19, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 4
Fleabag 1970
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 19, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 5
Fleabag 1970 for his negativity....
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 19, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 6
Shame it's being dropped Les, it brings a bit of light hearted fun to the forum mate, but I understand if there is not much interest.

Chris Shaw
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, April 20, 2015, 9:02am; Reply: 7
Raheem Sterling
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 20, 2015, 9:15am; Reply: 8
Gordon Brown for being a lying tw@t, then once he was kicked out of office continued to be paid as an MP whilst hardly ever turning up at Parliament.  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 20, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 9
Victoria Ayling for her awful showing on TV yesterday....didn't know that much about her until I watched the main GY candidates on Sunday Politics

She was truly dreadful - if ever you wanted a reason not to vote for UKIP but for a.n.other party, she did the trick
Posted by: fivestarfish, April 20, 2015, 2:33pm; Reply: 10
Raheem Sterling
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 21, 2015, 1:14pm; Reply: 11
Raheem Sterling
Posted by: LH, April 21, 2015, 1:16pm; Reply: 12
The Football Conference for dicking around with play off fixture dates.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 21, 2015, 6:49pm; Reply: 13
Agree with LH here. Though it'd be lovely to split the award with blatter
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 21, 2015, 8:15pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Agree with LH here. Though it'd be lovely to split the award with blatter

So Jesus and his disciples then  ;)
Posted by: codcheeky, April 22, 2015, 8:19am; Reply: 15
Grant Shapps, prize pratt
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, April 22, 2015, 8:41am; Reply: 16
If this is the last one it has to be Alex The Red Nosed twit Ferguson!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 22, 2015, 9:51am; Reply: 17
Cameron
Posted by: Garth, April 22, 2015, 9:56am; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner
David Cameron. For being an insincere, greasy-faced, chubby boy rich twit who promised no top-down re-orgnisation of the NHS then promptly wasted £3billion on dong so to look after his cronies in private companies. Oh and for continuing the feather-bedding of well-off older people whilst stiffing young people.

Taking it that you won't be voting Tory again this time, you could be the one vote that swings it😀
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, April 23, 2015, 8:32am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Les Brechin
A narrow win for Tony Blair last time out.

Nominations for the above period, though I will probably knock this award on the head after this week, as it's not having the popularity and number of votes it used to get unfortunately.

It seems it's still quite popular, Les. There's now a spin off TOTW thread.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 23, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 20
I'll change my vote to Tony Blair seeing as that lying tw@t is responsible for most of the sh!t in the Middle East and why half of North Africa and most of the Middle East want to end up in the UK.
Posted by: barralad, April 23, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry
I'll change my vote to Tony Blair seeing as that lying tw@t is responsible for most of the sh!t in the Middle East and why half of North Africa and most of the Middle East want to end up in the UK.

Well I'd have rather my 10,000th post been about football but never mind...

Tony Blair gets rightful stick for taking us into a war in Iraq under very, very dodgy circumstances (although George Dubya helped) but the current government, our "masters" in the U.S. of A and most of the rest of the West must take a sizeable chunk of the blame for helping to engineer the break up of Libya, regime change in Algeria and Egypt and the absolute pigs ear made of policy over Syria...
As for most of them wanting to come here..Are you Italian?

We've been making a b***ocks of Middle East policy since the days of the Balfour Declaration...
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 23, 2015, 4:36pm; Reply: 22
David Cameron.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 23, 2015, 5:19pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from barralad

Tony Blair gets rightful stick for taking us into a war in Iraq under very, very dodgy circumstances (although George Dubya helped) but the current government, our "masters" in the U.S. of A and most of the rest of the West must take a sizeable chunk of the blame for helping to engineer the break up of Libya, regime change in Algeria and Egypt and the absolute pigs ear made of policy over Syria...

We've been making a b***ocks of Middle East policy since the days of the Balfour Declaration...

Interesting programme I think last night or the night before about the rise of the Islamic State which suggested that it mainly came from the invasion of Iraq and the fall of our old friend Saddam for which we can blame a couple ofcunts that clown from the US and Blair with the help of that other shitty little tw@t Alastair Campbell.

We can't do anything about Bush but those other two tw@ts should be tried for treason and if found guilty fuckingexecuted..

Posted by: arryarryarry, April 23, 2015, 5:21pm; Reply: 24
As regards "am I Italian" no but another programme on the illegal migrants from North Africa and all over the Middle East, the few that were asked where would they like to go the usual answer was "the UK".
Posted by: gtfc98, April 23, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 25
The utter sharp object who runs the conference's twitter account.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 23, 2015, 6:06pm; Reply: 26
Les , I think you should continue with TOTW seeing as its back in fashion. ;D
Posted by: gobby, April 23, 2015, 6:48pm; Reply: 27
Blatter. Just for the hell of it. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 23, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 28
If it's the last one it simply has to be Thatcher even though she's dust now, thankfully.
Posted by: barralad, April 23, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 29
iI
Quoted from arryarryarry

Interesting programme I think last night or the night before about the rise of the Islamic State which suggested that it mainly came from the invasion of Iraq and the fall of our old friend Saddam for which we can blame a couple ofcunts that clown from the US and Blair with the help of that other shitty little tw@t Alastair Campbell.

We can't do anything about Bush but those other two tw@ts should be tried for treason and if found guilty fuckingexecuted..

The Arab spring which the West supported in the name of democracy (I believe the term is LMAO) started well after Blair cleared off to make some more money. Would ISIS have got any influence in Libya or Egypt if Mubarak and Qadaffi had remained in control? At worst it is a moot point. Watching the West failing time and again to back the right people in Syria whilst thousands continue to die is the clearest sign yet that they have absolutely no understanding of the problem. Dubya's problems started on 11/9/2001 when he tried to adopt the same form of reasoning about Al Queda that his predecessors had about Japan after Pearl Harbour.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 30
Ricky Modeste of Dover Athletic for scoring a late equaliser against Bristol Rovers to give Barnet the upper hand in the title chase and possibly making our hopes of winning the playoffs a touch harder.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 23, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 31
Barralad you should stand for election  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2015, 11:15pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Garth

Taking it that you won't be voting Tory again this time, you could be the one vote that swings it😀

Ha ha! I would have jumped off the Humber Bridge if I'd done it once.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from arryarryarry

Blair has long been out of power but "Dave" and his chums have been for the last 5 years, and as Barra says, would have done just the same in Syria but for Ed Miliband's opposition. Turn the clock back to 2003 and the Tories were right behind Blair and his warlike plans. As they were when Labour let the financial series industry do what they liked - I don't remember any Conservative complaining that the B of E or the FSA not regulating the banks enough.

Blame Blair and Brown for being too Tory, but not for being too Labour.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 24, 2015, 6:34am; Reply: 34
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Barralad you should stand for election  ;)

Craziest thing I have ever heard!
Posted by: Maringer, April 24, 2015, 6:58am; Reply: 35
Quoted from arryarryarry

And David Cameron and George Osborne. They both voted for the Iraq war along with the majority of their Conservative colleagues.

In fact, less than 10% of Conservative MPs voted against the war. More than a third of Labour MPs voted against.

If you seriously think that Michael Howard wouldn't have joined the Yanks in Iraq, you're living on a different planet.

George Osborne, in fact, was an active proponent of the war and was widely quoted as being an enormous fan of Bush in the years leading up to the war. He even defended the invasion in parliament afterwards and didn't even suggest he wanted an invasion because of the reports about WMDs! He was all about the regime change, baby.

Probably helps to explain why he was so keen on military action in Syria a couple of years back along with Osborne and all his cabinet colleages. Luckily, a number of decent-minded Conservatives voted against that one.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 24, 2015, 10:04am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Maringer

And David Cameron and George Osborne. They both voted for the Iraq war along with the majority of their Conservative colleagues.

In fact, less than 10% of Conservative MPs voted against the war. More than a third of Labour MPs voted against.

If you seriously think that Michael Howard wouldn't have joined the Yanks in Iraq, you're living on a different planet.

George Osborne, in fact, was an active proponent of the war and was widely quoted as being an enormous fan of Bush in the years leading up to the war. He even defended the invasion in parliament afterwards and didn't even suggest he wanted an invasion because of the reports about WMDs! He was all about the regime change, baby.

Probably helps to explain why he was so keen on military action in Syria a couple of years back along with Osborne and all his cabinet colleages. Luckily, a number of decent-minded Conservatives voted against that one.

You can say all you like but at the end of the day it was down to just those two tw@ts that drew up that pile of fiction about Cyprus being 40 minutes away from a missile or weapons of mass destruction, and it was Tony Blair that stuck his knob up Bush's @rse.

PS I don't vote Tory.

Posted by: arryarryarry, April 24, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 37
Quoted from barralad
iI

The Arab spring which the West supported in the name of democracy (I believe the term is LMAO) started well after Blair cleared off to make some more money. Would ISIS have got any influence in Libya or Egypt if Mubarak and Qadaffi had remained in control? At worst it is a moot point. Watching the West failing time and again to back the right people in Syria whilst thousands continue to die is the clearest sign yet that they have absolutely no understanding of the problem. Dubya's problems started on 11/9/2001 when he tried to adopt the same form of reasoning about Al Queda that his predecessors had about Japan after Pearl Harbour.

I didn't vote for Blair because of the Arab Spring I voted because he was a tw@t that cost this country hundreds of its soldiers lives, probably 100s of thousands of innocent lives and billions of pounds and would continue to vote for him until he fuckingdies.
Posted by: Maringer, April 24, 2015, 11:01am; Reply: 38
Blair was indeed a twit but I'm afraid that both of the major parties were so similar in their approach back in the 2000s (with barely a homosexual paper between most of their economic policies either) that it's inevitable that we'd have joined the Yanks regardless of who was in power.

Kudos to the LibDems for voting against it and also to those Labour and Conservative MPs who opposed the party line.

Of course, the biggest issue was the incompetence of the Bush administration as much as anything else. After Saddam was removed from power so easily they completely failed to keep control within the country which led to the disastrous sectarianism and chaos we've seen ever since.

Bush and his administration were deeply stupid and it says a lot about pretty much all our major politicians of the era that they were so willing to follow them in, no questions asked.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 24, 2015, 1:26pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from arryarryarry

Don't forget though that Dubya and the "Peace Envoy in waiting" did pray together so must have had some higher authority's blessing...maybe they just got through to the wrong number upstairs?  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 24, 2015, 1:28pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from jock dock tower
If it's the last one it simply has to be Thatcher even though she's dust now, thankfully.

Surely Jock that should be rust bearing in mind her Iron Lady moniker  ;)

Posted by: Les Brechin, April 24, 2015, 3:40pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from grimsby pete
Les , I think you should continue with TOTW seeing as its back in fashion. ;D

I will be ending it after this week Pete (for now anyway, or at least until after the bloody Election has finished)

I think the majority of posts on this thread have been by people arguing over politicians and the election rather than using the thread as it should be by posting one nomination.

Posted by: Hagrid, April 24, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 42
shame as I like the concept but les is right, its just been bloody political views!
Posted by: petethemariner, April 24, 2015, 10:48pm; Reply: 43
Before this thread closes can i retrospectively vote for Chris Shaw for every single week
he has been council leader in NE Lincs?
Posted by: barralad, April 24, 2015, 10:54pm; Reply: 44

Quoted from Les Brechin

I will be ending it after this week Pete (for now anyway, or at least until after the bloody Election has finished)

I think the majority of posts on this thread have been by people arguing over politicians and the election rather than using the thread as it should be by posting one nomination.

I am suitably chastised Mr Brechin... :B :B :B
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, April 25, 2015, 6:57am; Reply: 45
CJ from Eggheads
Posted by: gaz57, April 25, 2015, 8:57am; Reply: 46
Quoted from barralad

I agree,but for everyone to say it was all down to Blair though would be saying we have a massive influence in the world which has not been the case for many years. Yet at the same time saying we're the tail on the American dog.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 10:20pm