Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2015, 2:13pm
https://youtu.be/GVXIp4Y3gb4

Off the Barnet site, hope the link works
Posted by: Abdul19, March 30, 2015, 2:26pm; Reply: 1
Cheers. 4:30 if you want to skip straight to the good bit (and the best example of a strikers challenge I've seen for a while)
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, March 30, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 2
Thanks for that.

How on earth did akinbev not score......four minus in on  vid....
Posted by: RichMariner, March 30, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 3
Yeah that was a pretty incredible miss. Two yards out and he somehow hits the bar!
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 30, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 4
How boring are other away fans compared to us lot?!?!?!
Posted by: buckstown, March 30, 2015, 5:17pm; Reply: 5
Alfie looked worryingly threatening, especially down the right and from the throw ins
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, March 30, 2015, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RichMariner
Yeah that was a pretty incredible miss. Two yards out and he somehow hits the bar!

I'm sure some laws of physics were broken. He's on the goal line virtually and I'm pretty sure the shot/cross is going in. I don't think a defender in his position could have kept it from going in. And to round off his day he concedes the pen, cheers big man!
Posted by: forza ivano, March 30, 2015, 5:47pm; Reply: 7
did anyone notice that there were half a dozen barnet fans in the home end when barnet scored.

surely there's no way that away fans should be in the home end at alfreton ;) ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 30, 2015, 8:16pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from forza ivano
did anyone notice that there were half a dozen barnet fans in the home end when barnet scored.

surely there's no way that away fans should be in the home end at alfreton ;) ;)

There wasn't any segregation apparently. Might be similar on Easter Monday.  ;)

Quoted Text
VISITING SUPPORTERS
There is no segregation in place for this fixture but all Barnet supporters are kindly requested to enter the Impact Arena stadium via the Alma Street turnstiles only.
Covered accommodation, catering and toilet facilities as well as match day programmes are available in the away section of the ground.
Posted by: MrsMariner, March 31, 2015, 3:42pm; Reply: 9
That's some long throw the Alfreton players got, wish we had someone who could do that, our throw ins are so predictable and useless
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 31, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from MrsMariner
That's some long throw the Alfreton players got, wish we had someone who could do that, our throw ins are so predictable and useless

it is Bradley Wood
Posted by: Maringer, March 31, 2015, 4:31pm; Reply: 11
Yep, Bradley always had a very good throw.

This season is actually the first one for a few years that we've not a long-throw merchant available to us. Hatton, Wood (and Bore?) all had pretty good long throws as I recall.

Not a bad asset to have in a side, to tell the truth, so it's a pity we haven't got one available ourselves.

At Alfreton on Monday, let's hope we've got a cushion of a few goals before the last 15 minutes because I can see us being put under lot of pressure with direct play if that clip is anything to go by!
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 31, 2015, 4:36pm; Reply: 12
My grandson plays in the Sunday league here in Suffolk,

One of his team mates can throw the ball to the far post,

I said he could be a professional just for his throwing. 8)
Posted by: Abdul19, March 31, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 13
But can he do this? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr6Kx5uts84
Posted by: Maringer, March 31, 2015, 4:41pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

Foul throws which aren't penalised? Perhaps he could.  :)
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 12:18am