Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, March 26, 2015, 4:57pm
Signed on loan apparently.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 1
[url]http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Always looked a little too languid for me although decent, and he's been highly thought of in the past,
Posted by: forza ivano, March 26, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
Signed on loan apparently.

on twitter says he didn't want to leave but had no choice.calls it the saddest day of his career. cheers josh! we love you too. you certainly know how to win friends and influence people, especially with him being an ex gimp!

having said that he's pretty useful cover. have always thought he's decent for this level although it's obvious that THIS is his level, if you know what i mean
Posted by: Abdul19, March 26, 2015, 5:04pm; Reply: 3
Good stuff. Was moaning the other day about lack of centre half cover so good to know PH was listening ;)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 26, 2015, 5:08pm; Reply: 4
He has the height and experience to be good emergency cover.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, March 26, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 5
Will he get any starts? Doubt it.
Posted by: Mariners_15, March 26, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 6
Always rated him for some reason. Good signing to have as backup.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 26, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 7

apparently toto is 2 bookings away from a 3 game ban. do these things extend over into the play off games??
Posted by: Abdul19, March 26, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 8

In a way I hope not. But is a Pearson/Nsiala injury/suspension impossible? Of course not.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 26, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from forza ivano

apparently toto is 2 bookings away from a 3 game ban. do these things extend over into the play off games??

Yep (like Pearson last year)
Posted by: Belfast Town, March 26, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 10
Seemingly he's working towards a psychology degree. Got quite some way to go if he thinks his tweets will endear him to Town fans!
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, March 26, 2015, 5:17pm; Reply: 11
These signings could be one eye on next season with respective teams nothing to play for have a chance to show Hurst what can do and help out if required
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, March 26, 2015, 5:18pm; Reply: 12
Worth noting that Gowling is currently serving a two match ban.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 26, 2015, 5:18pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from forza ivano

on twitter says he didn't want to leave but had no choice.calls it the saddest day of his career. cheers josh! we love you too. you certainly know how to win friends and influence people, especially with him being an ex gimp!

having said that he's pretty useful cover. have always thought he's decent for this level although it's obvious that THIS is his level, if you know what i mean

If he's player-coach then he possibly assumed he was safely 'on the books' at the club and not subject to some youth player-style lend out out to balance the books.
Kiddy must be in one very sorry mess though.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 26, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 14
Sensible signing. Hope we don't need him but it's good to know there is some cover there. Cheap enough really and there would be justified moans if we lost a centre back and then lost promotion because of it.
Posted by: oldun, March 26, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 15
Sensible acquisition.
Posted by: Maringer, March 26, 2015, 5:46pm; Reply: 16
I can remember him playing pretty well at BP on a number of occasions. Quite strong and relatively quick as I recall so a good player to have available in the event of injury/suspension.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 26, 2015, 5:47pm; Reply: 17
Good cover
Posted by: davmariner, March 26, 2015, 5:48pm; Reply: 18
Seems a decent enough signing but going by his comments, does he really seem committed to the cause??
Posted by: Abdul19, March 26, 2015, 5:56pm; Reply: 19
Maybe, but it's fair enough being upset at having to leave a place he's obviously attached to.

But I'm sure he's professional enough to recognise that he needs a job!
Posted by: Tricky939, March 26, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 20
According to the Kiddy forum Gowling's replacement is Clayton Macdonald but can't see it mentioned anywhere! Sensible move this for all parties involved.
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 26, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Tricky939
According to the Kiddy forum Gowling's replacement is Clayton Macdonald but can't see it mentioned anywhere! Sensible move this for all parties involved.

Except for Gowling himself, he's gutted at having been let go.
Read forza ivano post on page 1.
Very astute move by PH, well happy.
As the saying goes, every base covered. Spot on.

UTM
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 26, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 22
People need to relax about his tweets. It's refreshing to see a player that has such a passion for his club, if half of our ex players had that sort of affinity to the club I doubt we'd even be in this league.

Happy with this signing, one of the best center backs in this league IMO.
Posted by: Perkins, March 26, 2015, 6:20pm; Reply: 23
I thought he was possibly the best player on the pitch when we played them at Kiddy earlier this season.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 26, 2015, 6:44pm; Reply: 24
Not too happy with his twitter to be honest - not a great first impression. You can be nice about your old club without making it sound as if it's the worst thing in the world to be joining a team (hopefully) heading for the football league.

The other bad news is that it is clear Kiddy have given up on the play offs which doesn't bode well when they play Barnet.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2015, 6:54pm; Reply: 25
If Toto picks up one more booking,

Hursty might give him a game or two saving Toto for the play offs,

Then again we might not be in the play offs. 8)
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 26, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Not too happy with his twitter to be honest - not a great first impression. You can be nice about your old club without making it sound as if it's the worst thing in the world to be joining a team (hopefully) heading for the football league.

The other bad news is that it is clear Kiddy have given up on the play offs which doesn't bode well when they play Barnet.

Think you're right there, did you know that they're exactly the same number of points off relegation as they are from a play off spot.
Namely 14.
Even worse for them is they've lost five from the last six games, and only won one in the last ten.

UTM
Posted by: Abdul19, March 26, 2015, 6:57pm; Reply: 27
Yeah I think the table tells us that they've given up!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 26, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Worcester News | 21st February 2015
JOSH Gowling says earning a new contract at Kidderminster Harriers or another club for next season has become his number one aim since returning from injury.
[url=http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/local/news/11808488.Fit_again_Josh_Gowling_open_to_all_options/]Source[/url]

Just reading that makes me think he's happy whoever would like to sign him, now he's got a chance to perhaps be signed permanent for the coming season whether its in Conference Premier or League 2.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 26, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 29

But he never said it's the worst thing in the world joining us did he? He was upset at leaving Kiddy, which shows loyalty to me.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 26, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 30
Once again this forum starts frothing at the mouth based on a flipping tweet!

He said hes sad to leave Kiddy. So what? Good on the lad for being honest enough to admit he never wanted to leave and it's not his decision.  I must have missed the second tweet that said "I'll be doing my shittest at Grimsby in hope they don't sign me permanently."

Judge him on his performances, not on his pissing Twitter account.

For the record I think it's an excellent signing, on paper. Ticks all the boxes we need.  
We've been cut by paper signings before though.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 26, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 31
We can use him until the end of the season then ditch him. No worries.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 26, 2015, 8:27pm; Reply: 32
To be fair to him and some of the others he's stuck it out longer than many of us would. By the sounds of it wages have been hit and miss for weeks.

Kiddy are clearly in a mess and he obviously wanted to help them. Can't fault him for that. It's a very sensible signing in my opinion.
Posted by: MarinerWY, March 26, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from diehardmariner

He said hes sad to leave Kiddy. So what? Good on the lad for being honest enough to admit he never wanted to leave and it's not his decision.  I must have missed the second tweet that said "I'll be doing my shittest at Grimsby in hope they don't sign me permanently."

For the record I think it's an excellent signing, on paper. Ticks all the boxes we need.  

Don't talk soft, if each new loan signing doesn't instantly get the Town badge tattooed, no: branded, on their left bottom cheek, and ritually burn all previous club shirts, then they show a lack of commitment and we don't want them.
Posted by: gary_elton, March 26, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 34
A good cover signing... end of story... sod twitter or twatter....
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 26, 2015, 8:52pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from diehardmariner

+1 excellent post again Mate.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 26, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 36
Decent write up on him here >> [url=http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/sep/18/sport.comment1]http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/sep/18/sport.comment1[/url]
Posted by: Barrattstander, March 26, 2015, 9:03pm; Reply: 37
Wow !
We've signed a player worth £400,000.
Sorry, valued at £400,000 eight years ago........I wonder what went wrong.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 26, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from ginnywings

But he never said it's the worst thing in the world joining us did he? He was upset at leaving Kiddy, which shows loyalty to me.

it just came across very negative - I want players who want to be on the promotion express. Choo Choo

Posted by: arryarryarry, March 26, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree, I am sure there would be some Kiddy fans who might think he has jumped ship but he is clearly making the case he was basically forced to leave.

Posted by: MarinerWY, March 26, 2015, 9:40pm; Reply: 40

it just came across very negative - I want players who want to be on the promotion express. Choo Choo

[img]http://users.telenet.be/be.bartlog/media/Model_trains_Turnhout_20080511_007.JPG[/img]

Posted by: EY Mariner, March 26, 2015, 9:44pm; Reply: 41
So we presumably missed the tweet that read as follows:

"Absolutely delighted to have join Grimsby look forward to linking up with the squad tomorrow and my future  #success #GTFC"

Let's cut to the chase here. We needed good quality cover at centre-half. We've got it. Let's go to Welling.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 26, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 42
Possible management material according to this -    http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/season14-15/news14-15/news26-3-15.shtml?

Posted by: moosey_club, March 26, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 43
This news leaves me with a strange urge to go and get high...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

Altogether...

I used to play for Kiddy....
but i got high...
Aggborough fed my munchies...
when i got high....
But now i've signed for Grimsby,
i'm gonna cry...
Because i got high, because i got high, because i got high...lalalalalala
Posted by: ginnywings, March 26, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from EY Mariner
So we presumably missed the tweet that read as follows:

"Absolutely delighted to have join Grimsby look forward to linking up with the squad tomorrow and my future  #success #GTFC"

Let's cut to the chase here. We needed good quality cover at centre-half. We've got it. Let's go to Welling.

Exactly. There was a thread on Toto and his imminent ban the other day and people were saying we need cover. We now have that cover and he's always looked decent to me, so good signing all round and we probably have the best squad in the Conference i reckon.
Posted by: Belfast Town, March 26, 2015, 10:41pm; Reply: 45
The guy has come across as a right male private. Definitely got off on the wrong foot. To be honest, I'm not fussed about him. We don't need him at the moment. If we do end up needing him because of injuries or suspensions, then hopefully he'll step up to the plate.
Posted by: Mariner56, March 27, 2015, 5:55am; Reply: 46
The Kiddie fans are gutted to lose him. They rate him really highly and can't believe the club have let him go!

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8952
Posted by: gobby, March 27, 2015, 6:54am; Reply: 47
Welcome aboard Josh. Whoo Whoo 8)
UTMM
Posted by: SamTheMariner, March 27, 2015, 6:57am; Reply: 48
Their forum is basically describing him as the only decent player they had left and I'm sure he will be professional enough to play for us if necessary but I hope he doesn't because Toto has been class recently, cut out the sloppy errors.
Posted by: Trawler, March 27, 2015, 7:54am; Reply: 49
Quoted from Mariner56
The Kiddie fans are gutted to lose him. They rate him really highly and can't believe the club have let him go!

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8952

Reading that thread makes you thankful to be a GTFC fan. Not content with building one of the best squads in the conference JF is bolstering. Hats off John.
Posted by: northbankmariner, March 27, 2015, 7:58am; Reply: 50
Josh is a great signing, am sure he will get game time and will be useful to the team. Good quality defender for this level and certainly able to deputise for either toto or Pearson with little compromise to the efficiency of in my opinion the best defence in the league.
Posted by: StickfordMariner, March 27, 2015, 8:39am; Reply: 51
I personal think hes a kn*b as he started on one of my mates on a night out in lincoln just because he said grimsby will destroy you this season ........
Posted by: supertown, March 27, 2015, 8:40am; Reply: 52
Give the guy a break, he has said the right things to the club he is leaving and the right things to his new club , even if they are contradictory
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 27, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 53
hope we are never in the position to lose Pearson in the same way like this !
Posted by: Trawler, March 27, 2015, 9:48am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
hope we are never in the position to lose Pearson in the same way like this !

Hear hear.

It's giving me bad memories of Miller's departure.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 27, 2015, 10:08am; Reply: 55
If we lose a game and it looks like we will not win the league,

I can see Hurst resting Toto for a couple of games,

That will give Josh a couple of games and saves Toto for the play offs.
Posted by: DickBarton, March 27, 2015, 12:17pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from StickfordMariner
I personal think hes a kn*b as he started on one of my mates on a night out in lincoln just because he said grimsby will destroy you this season ........

Some get away with abuse hiding behind the fishy, but, in a pub,face to face with the person you won't. Good for him I say.

Credit to Paul Hurst and John Fenty for these excellent signings. Shows positive intent.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 27, 2015, 1:01pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from DickBarton

Some get away with abuse hiding behind the fishy, but, in a pub,face to face with the person you won't. Good for him I say.

Credit to Paul Hurst and John Fenty for these excellent signings. Shows positive intent.

massive credit to john fenty, d1ck ;)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 27, 2015, 1:27pm; Reply: 58
Gowling is clearly highly-regarded by Kiddo fans.  A more than suitable back-up for us in the run-in. This loan signing gives added confidence that potential risks are being managed.  Another step to being placed to win every remaining game.
Posted by: MarinerWY, March 27, 2015, 1:33pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from StickfordMariner

Your mate sounds a bit of a knob for going up to someone trying to enjoy a night out and getting all gobby. Not too sure what he expected.
Posted by: DickBarton, March 27, 2015, 1:39pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from forza ivano

massive credit to john fenty, d1ck ;)

Absolutely forza.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 27, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 61
If we go up we will have 3 top notch centre backs,

If we stay down Toto make want to move on so we will have 2 good centre backs,

BUT

We are not staying down,

We have been here long enough.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 27, 2015, 10:52pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from MarinerWY

Your mate sounds a bit of a knob for going up to someone trying to enjoy a night out and getting all gobby. Not too sure what he expected.

oooh i dont know about that, i tried it once with Roy Keane and Mark Crossley when Forest where about to get relegated, one of the afore mentioned laughed...the other one gave a very hard stare.... can you guess which was which??
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 28, 2015, 12:04am; Reply: 63
Quoted from moosey_club

oooh i dont know about that, i tried it once with Roy Keane and Mark Crossley when Forest where about to get relegated, one of the afore mentioned laughed...the other one gave a very hard stare.... can you guess which was which??

Crossley stared as keane laughed before proceeding to knock you out ?
Posted by: lukeo, March 28, 2015, 7:03am; Reply: 64
A kiddy fan i know said he's gutted and he's a class player.

We have to look at it realistically. Put yourself in his shoes. He was captain of his team, the main man, local to his home and playing 90mins every week. Now they've shipped him up north, living in a B+B and being a 'squad player'. Ofcourse he's going to have that bit of sadness that he's had to move on. But now i'm sure he'll turn his focus on us and getting his future in stone.

UTM.
Posted by: chaos33, March 28, 2015, 8:04am; Reply: 65
Great thread this
Posted by: moosey_club, March 28, 2015, 8:24am; Reply: 66
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Crossley stared as keane laughed before proceeding to knock you out ?

I didnt hang about that long... :o

We had introduced ourselves as Town fans and as we were pushing for play off's at that time and they were odds on certs for getting relegated we said looks like we will be seeing you next season....Crossley laughed and was amiable.... Keane just mumbled something about potatoes and leprcihauns and said you wont be seeing me......true to his word as he signed for Man Utd a short time after.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 31, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 67
A good article in the telewag,

He has got a big smile on his face saying he is happy to be here,

He says it will be hard to get in the team because of the way we are playing,

BUT

He is ready and willing if needed.
Posted by: sydney, March 31, 2015, 11:00pm; Reply: 68
< * )))))) > <
Just practising me fish
Come on Town!!
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 7:58pm