Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 22, 2015, 2:31pm
Gutted i didn't get to the match yesterday but i got called in to work at the last minute, at least i have seen Lenny's Goal now -

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/freeview-lennys-goal-2351701.aspx?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 22, 2015, 3:25pm; Reply: 1
Quick feet by Lenny. 8)
Posted by: ginnywings, March 22, 2015, 3:37pm; Reply: 2
Me and my brother both missed the goal as we both had our heads in our hands when Palmer put the cross straight into the keepers midriff. We then heard the cheer and it was too late.  >:(  ;D

So thanks for the link.
Posted by: oldun, March 22, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 3
That was the best passage of play of the whole game I thought.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 22, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 4
It was very good play.  The good football deserved a goal and was above NL standard.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 22, 2015, 5:17pm; Reply: 5
Knew it was a quick reaction but it looked even better than I thought. Nice one Lennie. :)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 22, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 6
Some observations:

1) Palmer and Lenny look great together; we now have three top top strikers who can pretty much play interchangeably such that any one combination doesn't necessarily mean the third one has been "dropped" or done anything wrong, but rather is a tactical decision based on a particular game's needs.

2)  Great Bebeto celebration, along with the customary player being out of sync with the others in their rocking gestures.

3) #scarvesatthepark needs to continue as it looks good and would be even better with a bit more coordination and with bigger crowds we can look forward to in the run-in/final day/play-offs.

4)  Love a bog-roll streamer.  Well done to the person responsible
Posted by: LH, March 22, 2015, 5:20pm; Reply: 7
How does he sneak that in near post from a bit of an angle with the keeper in his way yesterday and land it on a ferry bound for Holland when there's a near open goal other times? Well done and congrats though Daddy Cool.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 22, 2015, 6:17pm; Reply: 8
Good work and good positioning by Lenny,
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 22, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 9
Great pass by Craig Disley.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 22, 2015, 10:11pm; Reply: 10
Great pass through to Ollie from Disley. Very good finish by John-Lewis from a difficult angle. Really wrapped his foot round it.
Posted by: Tommy, March 22, 2015, 10:28pm; Reply: 11
Definitely praise due to Disley for that ball in to Palmer. It even caught me by surprise watching it for the first time here as I was just expecting him to roll it right to the overlapping full-back.

So I'm sure it caught the opposition off-guard too.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 22, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 12
flipping get in ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 23, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LH
How does he sneak that in near post from a bit of an angle with the keeper in his way yesterday and land it on a ferry bound for Holland when there's a near open goal other times? Well done and congrats though Daddy Cool.

Like the way he darted in to tuck that one away!  ;)

I said at the time though it's typical of strikers who score instinctively sometimes when you don't expect it but then when they have too much time to think about their options they miss much easier chances

When all's said and done, he's made dummies of everyone who said he couldn't finish  :P
Posted by: Perkins, March 23, 2015, 10:43pm; Reply: 14
Anyone know where Lennie kept his dummy until he scored?
Posted by: Maringer, March 23, 2015, 11:02pm; Reply: 15
Is it where jonnyboy will be keeping the hot dog?  ;)
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 23, 2015, 11:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
Is it where jonnyboy will be keeping the hot dog?  ;)

If LJL is on 19 goals heading into the last game, hotdogs could be the theme!

[img]http://manolomen.com/images/hot-dog-hat.jpg[/img]
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 12:59pm