Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, March 13, 2015, 8:28am
Just as an idea to put to the admins. I wondered if it'd be a good idea if you created an extra section to the fishy board for 'exiles' and just have threads on each part of the country. So when someone like myself wants to travel to a home game or an away game we just hook up on there and car share with anyone heading from the same direction?. I bumped into 2-3 lads from Exmouth (Devon) at FGR last year and haven't seen them on here or at an away game since and it'd be nice (if they did look on here) to have somewhere to contact them so we could arrange something to save money/costs?

UTM
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 13, 2015, 9:00am; Reply: 1
Excellent idea.  So simple, why did no one think of it before?  Can only increase support for Town.

A fair few exiles here in York.  We often travel to matches together, which also reduces costs.

However, you can have to wait for Sutton Mariner to catch the first bus back to uni in the morning, after a big night out.  This is before picking him up for a home game. Oh the joys of being a student.    :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 13, 2015, 9:06am; Reply: 2
How many people look at the other sections, to be honest I don't.
Posted by: grimps, March 13, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 3
Yeah the other sections are a waste of time if you ask me , we should be abe to post about anything on here.
It's not compulsary to read every thread after all
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 13, 2015, 10:02am; Reply: 4
Quoted from arryarryarry
How many people look at the other sections, to be honest I don't.

I study every word from every thread on every board,

BUT

Then I am a sad git  ;D

Plus my wife is disabled so when not attending to her needs ,

I come on the Fishy. 8)
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 13, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 5
Grim Rob is the only one who can create extra sections of the forum, I'd advise to PM him Luke.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 13, 2015, 10:21am; Reply: 6
We could also give weather problems ( if any ) of the area ,

In winter months the weather in some area's could be a lot worse  than in Grimsby.

Sometimes it's a lot better. 8)
Posted by: GrimRob, March 13, 2015, 3:33pm; Reply: 7
Happy to create other forums but whenever we have tried it in the past they don't get used much. We could have a sticky thread on here, or we could have a sticky which points to the new forum?
Posted by: lukeo, March 13, 2015, 3:43pm; Reply: 8
Even if it only help 1 person it's come at no cost just £5 minutes of your time but it's up to you guys. Even if it only gets a new post once a month aslong as it's helping someone somewhere does it matter ??? I'd love to be able to think I could find someone locally to me who fancies  trip to a home or away game, espeically if we need to win v's aldershot to go up then i'd have to come home!!
Posted by: sutton mariner, March 13, 2015, 3:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Excellent idea.  So simple, why did no one think of it before?  Can only increase support for Town.

A fair few exiles here in York.  We often travel to matches together, which also reduces costs.

However, you can have to wait for Sutton Mariner to catch the first bus back to uni in the morning, after a big night out.  This is before picking him up for a home game. Oh the joys of being a student.    :)

Hahahaha
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, March 13, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

He never told me he was a tax dodger when I offered to give him a lift from Manc tomorrow, no pot noodles allowed in Car.....
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 13, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 11
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/CarShare

Villa do it.

Is there a way GTFC could do it? It would increase attendance both home and away.
Posted by: lukeo, March 13, 2015, 8:51pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/CarShare

Villa do it.

Is there a way GTFC could do it? It would increase attendance both home and away.

We're not as 'BIG' as Villa, I think we should have a section on this forum as i've previously stated for it and see how it goes.
Posted by: immariner, March 13, 2015, 10:47pm; Reply: 13
I PM'd the exact same idea to GrimRob a few days ago, no response mind. It is a good idea.
Posted by: lukeo, March 14, 2015, 8:03am; Reply: 14
South West Mariners come at me! :D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 14, 2015, 8:49am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Fcukthescunts

He never told me he was a tax dodger when I offered to give him a lift from Manc tomorrow, no pot noodles allowed in Car.....

You'll be stuck listening to the levellers all journey mate
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 14, 2015, 8:51am; Reply: 16
Quoted from lukeo
South West Mariners come at me! :D

Gloucester mate!

Has been said many times on here about the idea. And also picking people up on the way to games.
Big chris and lobsterpot have kindly picked me up on the way to games down this way before
Posted by: lukeo, March 14, 2015, 9:27am; Reply: 17
I could work with that. My family are all down here for easter week but i want to go up to watch us at alfreton  :B does this make me a bad person?  :D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 14, 2015, 9:38am; Reply: 18
Message us on Facebook mate if you drive to any
Posted by: GrimRob, March 14, 2015, 10:31am; Reply: 19
The car sharing board is now in place! Thanks for the suggestion.
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 7:22am