Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jaws, January 13, 2015, 6:37pm
Mansfield think he's going to miss the rest of the season, only played one game (excluding pre-season).

Is he worth a punt next season if we're still stuck in the conference? Still think he could do a good job down here when fit.

Can't see many league clubs giving him a chance given he's injury-plagued, had no real league experience and will be 30.

Given the location of other conference clubs, I can't see anywhere else down here being attractive to him..
Posted by: Garth, January 13, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Jaws
Mansfield think he's going to miss the rest of the season, only played one game (excluding pre-season).

Is he worth a punt next season if we're still stuck in the conference? Still think he could do a good job down here when fit.

Can't see many league clubs giving him a chance given he's injury-plagued, had no real league experience and will be 30.

Given the location of other conference clubs, I can't see anywhere else down here being attractive to him..

Nope! we`ve had the best of him IMO
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 13, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 2
Connell's comeback was pretty disappointing and sadly I doubt Hearn's would be much different
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 13, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 3
Gutted for him but he's finished. Real shame, he could have been a God at this club. Wish him the best for the future whatever he does.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 13, 2015, 6:49pm; Reply: 4
Why would we want him back when he is injury plagued? Just wouldn't make sense!  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 13, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 5
Would be surprised if Mansfield or any other club gives him another year contract, month to month contract would be more sensible, with the injury nightmare he has had.
Posted by: Jaws, January 13, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 6
In hindsight, the club played a smart card ending the contract by mutual consent - this means we saved some money. Imagine if we'd given him a contract renewal!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 13, 2015, 7:13pm; Reply: 7
That ship has sailed.

Looking for the next Liam is the way forward.
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
That ship has sailed.

Looking for the next Liam is the way forward.

THIS:-
Posted by: davmariner, January 13, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Jaws

Where does it say this out of interest?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 13, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 10
If he was willing to come and train with us in pre-season for nothing then yeah.

He is (was?) a goalscorer, not many of those about.

Maybe he'd be rubbish, but there'd be nothing to lose.
Posted by: Jaws, January 13, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from davmariner

Where does it say this out of interest?

http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/mansfield-town/liam-hearn-unlikely-to-play-again-for-mansfield-town-this-season-1-7011988
Posted by: davmariner, January 13, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Jaws

Thanks.
Posted by: nightrider, January 13, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 13
Unless he comes on a pay per play type contract I wouldn't touch him.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 13, 2015, 8:22pm; Reply: 14
If I remember rightly he was not all that happy playing for the joint managers because they kept shoving him out on the left side instead of in the middle where his strengths were. Also he is a player who needs the ball played up to him properly and sharply (a little like Hannah in that respect) so he can play on the defender's shoulder and use his speed. Can't see that even a 100% Hearn would fit with the Hurst theory of forward play.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 13, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 15
Great lad ,he loved it here but let's go forward not back
Posted by: lukeo, January 13, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 16
" looks like he's only going to play 1 game this season "
" is he worth a punt"

Did I just read these 2 sentences in the same paragraph?
To answer your question, I'd stay well away.
Posted by: gary_elton, January 13, 2015, 9:00pm; Reply: 17
Matt Tees and Dave Boylen could always do a job at this level....   ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 13, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 18
Mansfield must be regretting giving him a years contract.

It was a massive gamble which has backfired badly. I was very surprised at the time when he managed to get a years contract due to his past history.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 13, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 19
Pretty sure he'll end up back at Alfreton next year.
Posted by: Tom13, January 13, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from pizzzza

In the Conference North, where he'll score loads of goals and everyone will be asking why we didn't sign him when we don't have a goalscorer.  ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 13, 2015, 9:41pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Jaws
In hindsight, the club played a smart card ending the contract by mutual consent - this means we saved some money. Imagine if we'd given him a contract renewal!

YAY.... Go fenty  ::)
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 13, 2015, 10:39pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from pizzzza

Yes but playing for who? Or maybe as a guest, or on the terrace as a fan?

He was great for a season but was never mentally and physically right after that for any period of time.
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 23
Signing a 30 year old player who has been injured for pretty much all of the past 3 seasons would be a huge gamble, especially when you consider the different types of injuries he has suffered. As others have said, he's probably had it. Unfortunate for him, but such is life. At least he will have been decently paid whilst recuperating from his various injuries.

Regardless of this, the theory mentioned earlier in the thread that a fully fit Hearn wouldn't be able to score any goals under Hurst's management is simply bizarre... when he scored a load of goals under Hurst's management (along with the Shouty Psychopath) in his first season at the club.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, January 13, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 24
Move on
Hearn was great when he was here but he is so knackered through injuries that we will never seem him at his best again
Posted by: Biccys, January 14, 2015, 3:56pm; Reply: 25
As good as he was in that first season (and boy, was he,) his actions after the injury and his release from his contract left a sour taste. Stating that he fully intended to come back for pre-season training while obviously in talks at Mansfield were pretty tasteless to me.

He's nothing to do with us any more, what he does in his career doesn't interest me in the slightest.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, January 14, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 26
I'm so not bothered about him anymore I'm not going to post about him ... DOH.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 14, 2015, 6:14pm; Reply: 27
I'd sign him up on a pay as you play but not on any other deal.

I really feel for the lad. He's got a lot of talent and he just seems beset by bad luck.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 28
Am not so sure he would be the right man coming back. Bad injuries and leaving under a cloud. We're bad enough with some current players let alone those who come back and aren't as good as previous
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 14, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 29
We found liam cant we find another rough diamond,they must be out there
Print page generated: May 28, 2024, 5:16am