Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 8, 2014, 8:27am
I saw the Att for yesterdays game was 5600 and thought  " excrement , thats a good crowd "  .......... Then i saw the Highlights  Conf' North Worcester city must have had well over 2500 at the game  that leaves just 3k from scunt   ...........and we think we have it bad ?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 8, 2014, 9:47am; Reply: 1
2,026 Worcester
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 8, 2014, 9:49am; Reply: 2
There looked alot more than that but if that is the official take on it  . Good turn out from them though
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 8, 2014, 10:22am; Reply: 3
The Worcester fans really made some noise too, that's an excellent turn out by them, it won't be an easy game for Scunny back at Worcesters ground either.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 8, 2014, 10:23am; Reply: 4
Quoted from cmackenzie4
The Worcester fans really made some noise too, that's an excellent turn out by them, it won't be an easy game for Scunny back at Worcesters ground either.

They currently groundshare with Kidderminster.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 8, 2014, 10:37am; Reply: 5
I thought I heard the Worcester player say back at Aggborough Les, I thought I was hearing things, didn't know they both ground shared.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 8, 2014, 11:22am; Reply: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I thought I heard the Worcester. Player say back at Aggborough Les, I thought I was hearing things, didn't know they both ground shared.

Yeah, there's a couple of groundshares in The Conference North this season. As well as Kiddy and Worcs sharing, Gloucester groundshare with Cheltenham as well.

Apparently Worcester sold their ground to a property developer with plans to build a new ground in Worcester but they are waiting for planning approval from the local council!
Posted by: LH, December 8, 2014, 11:31am; Reply: 7
Cheltenham and Gloucester refer to it as a "building society" I believe.  
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 8, 2014, 1:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from fleabag1970
I saw the Att for yesterdays game was 5600 and thought  " excrement , thats a good crowd "  .......... Then i saw the Highlights  Conf' North Worcester city must have had well over 2500 at the game  that leaves just 3k from scunt   ...........and we think we have it bad ?

What exactly is your point?

Our neighbours down the road, who are 2 divisions higher, and are funded by a real mover and shaker and can attract the calibre of player we can only dream about.

They get about the same crowds as we would in that division and for a cup game against Worcester, so I cannot  understand your point.

I am all for local rivalries but you have to be realistic - I suppose you wouldn't like to be in Hull's position in the bottom three?

Never mind about Scunny - when are WE going to make any progress on any front?  
Posted by: rancido, December 8, 2014, 1:45pm; Reply: 9

Our neighbours down the road, who are 2 divisions higher, and are funded by a real mover and shaker and can attract the calibre of player we can only dream about.

They get about the same crowds as we would in that division and for a cup game against Worcester, so I cannot  understand your point.

I am all for local rivalries but you have to be realistic - I suppose you wouldn't like to be in Hull's position in the bottom three?

Never mind about Scunny - when are WE going to make any progress on any front?  

I agree and don't really see the point in all these comparisons. Just out of interest though  what if the roles were reversed? Do you think that Scumthorpe would get the same attendances as we get in this division?
Posted by: Abdul19, December 8, 2014, 1:46pm; Reply: 10
I'd be surprised if there was many more than 3k GTFC fans for a game like that.
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 8, 2014, 2:44pm; Reply: 11
[quote=3362]

My point is that Scunny have a very poor fan base  and will soon be moving into a lovely new stadium that they will never even half fill ??  How come a major investor saw them as a club worth spending on ?  Lets face it they were hardly pulling up any trees when he took over . Everyone on here keeps pointing out the know one will invest in GTFC  but there must be another Peter Swann around here.

Posted by: lobsterpot, December 8, 2014, 3:49pm; Reply: 12
Give fleabag a break, he's a town fan and he is basically having a go at Scunny cos' he doesnt like them. Fair play it's only banter but as usual, on here, it's there to be shot at :B
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 8, 2014, 4:12pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from lobsterpot
Give fleabag a break, he's a town fan and he is basically having a go at Scunny cos' he doesnt like them. Fair play it's only banter but as usual, on here, it's there to be shot at :B

Thanks mate ,  Just trying to get some debate going on here thats all , perhaps i should just go get a life instead !!  :o
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 8, 2014, 4:14pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from rancido

I agree and don't really see the point in all these comparisons. Just out of interest though  what if the roles were reversed? Do you think that Scumthorpe would get the same attendances as we get in this division?

And then you go compare too ........................... Its fun isnt it playing The Devils Advocate ...............
Posted by: rancido, December 9, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from fleabag1970

And then you go compare too ........................... Its fun isnt it playing The Devils Advocate ...............

To be fair I did add the rider " Just out of interest".
Posted by: Paris Mariner, December 10, 2014, 9:22pm; Reply: 16
I think the point in attendance comparisons are so people can act like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 10, 2014, 9:38pm; Reply: 17
I think to get our attendances back to a superior level we'd need successive promotions and a high profile cup tie or two so people stop thinking we're a boring inconsistent team that never gets anywhere, I mean why anyone thinks that I don't know, its COMPLETELY untrue..well I like us anyway :(
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 2:28pm