Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 9, 2014, 3:26pm
We were on our way to Anfield for what was to become one of the most famous nights in our history. I'll never tire of seeing this goal.

It was one of those very rare moments when time stood still before everyone realised what had happened and then all hell broke loose in the away end packed with 7000 delirious stripies. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see those times again.  :o  :o

[youtube]bRt1KMGYTe8[/youtube]

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 9, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 1
Could have had Liverpool in the 3rd round of the fa cup but we got Huddersfield :(, If matches only lasted 86 mins ;(
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 9, 2014, 3:47pm; Reply: 2
Great memories Les!
Posted by: JMT, October 9, 2014, 5:08pm; Reply: 3
Times like this, I wish I wasn't born in 98.. Missed so many good moments from town...
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 9, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 4
I was on holiday in Majorca and didn't know the score. Saw a scouser next morning and he said the game had gone to extra time but he too didn't know the score. Asked one of the receptionists if she had computer access and she said yes, so I asked her if she could find out the score for me. A minute later she told me the score and I just started crying buckets. Went all over the hotel and the grounds trying to find the scouser to share my joy with him, but to no avail!
Posted by: fishkeeper, October 9, 2014, 5:29pm; Reply: 5
that was when this was a proper club not a bloody joke
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 9, 2014, 5:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from JMT
Times like this, I wish I wasn't born in 98.. Missed so many good moments from town...

Times like this I wish I wasn't born in Grimsby  ;)
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, October 9, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 7
Great memories! Les is right - time did seem to stand still....then the net bulged & within seconds my shins were 5mm thinner! The back of that f£cking seat!

COYT!
Posted by: TAGG, October 9, 2014, 10:35pm; Reply: 8
My top game since I first started supporting Town in 1970.
There have been so many great games but was never so proud to be a Town fan  :)

Even more depressed about where our once great club is now  :(
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 10, 2014, 7:20am; Reply: 9
Quoted from TAGG
My top game since I first started supporting Town in 1970.
There have been so many great games but was never so proud to be a Town fan  :)

Even more depressed about where our once great club is now  :(

That's the only problem about reminiscing about the good times is that it makes you even more upset about our plight now. At least we've seen all the good times we've had though unlike a lot of clubs.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 2:31pm