Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, August 31, 2014, 4:26pm
John Tondeur or the new guy Graham Lloyd on RH?
Posted by: Hagrid, August 31, 2014, 4:49pm; Reply: 1
Tondeur, but i quite like Mr Lloyd, he doesn't give an overview on the game but i just find him funny
Posted by: JMT, August 31, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 2
Definitely JT, don't have anything against the other bloke but he doesn't really focus on the match imo.
Posted by: immariner, August 31, 2014, 4:56pm; Reply: 3
Is he the permanent new guy? Tondeur is Town through and through but his pessimistic outlook puts me off listening to RH. Matt Dean is much more preferable.
Posted by: livosnose, August 31, 2014, 5:00pm; Reply: 4
the new guy
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, August 31, 2014, 5:05pm; Reply: 5
I think the new guy can grow into it and definitely more positive than Tondeur
Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2014, 5:09pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from immariner
Is he the permanent new guy? Tondeur is Town through and through but his pessimistic outlook puts me off listening to RH. Matt Dean is much more preferable.

Yeah I pretty much agree with that.

I've always hated the way that Tondeur says 'and there's the goal' when the opposition score. Like its inevitable.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 31, 2014, 5:16pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from chaos33

Yeah I pretty much agree with that.

I've always hated the way that Tondeur says 'and there's the goal' when the opposition score. Like its inevitable.

Yes but it often was :)
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 31, 2014, 5:20pm; Reply: 8
Archie McPherson ;)
Posted by: davmariner, August 31, 2014, 5:21pm; Reply: 9
What's happened to JT??
Posted by: Garth, August 31, 2014, 6:32pm; Reply: 10
JT for me, panic apart he is so prejudice to Town he bleeds black and whte, hope he is not ill
Posted by: Sigone, August 31, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 11
On hols I'm led to believe
Posted by: mariner2000, August 31, 2014, 7:21pm; Reply: 12
I'd prefer it if Radio Hullberside would get their f'ing act together so I could listen to the bloody radio, who the hell it is doing the commentary I don't care!!!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 31, 2014, 7:50pm; Reply: 13
I was taught by John Tondeur and he was my first football coach, so I'm a bit biased. For lots of us he is "The Voice of the Mariners".  They were great schooldays: "Are you doing the game tonight Sir?  Are we going to win?" and of course he would give us his thoughts as long as we'd done our work!  What a great time to be growing up the late 80s/early 90s was:  no such thing as the internet or cyber bullying, no exams, football down the park until it was nigh on pitch black, Town rising through the leagues, swimming lessons at Scaffa Baths on a Friday followed by the Crystal Maze, Going Live on Saturday morning TV followed by the bus up the Grimsby Road and Gladiators when you got home.  Teletext and John Tondeur if we were playing away.
Posted by: Grimal, August 31, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 14
The new guy for me.Much more enjoyable to listen to.
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 31, 2014, 7:54pm; Reply: 15
JT.
Not sure if he's "pessimistic" or not, but his analysis is often top class IMO.

I can forgive him those "sitter" comments in the heat of the action.
Commentators are forced to draw quick conclusions (not always necessarily correct) for the benefit of their audience.
Posted by: wigworld, August 31, 2014, 8:42pm; Reply: 16
Definitely JT. Of course his glass is always half-empty - he's the same as the rest of us!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 31, 2014, 8:44pm; Reply: 17
I remember years ago when RH would cut to "Goal Action" for a goal in our games and your hopes would instantly be raised when you'd hear JT starting with "Cockerill, to Cunnington, up to Rees" thinking we'd scored before JT's commentary would turn to "ooooo, Rees has been caught out and there's a break on..it's 4 on 2 at the back and Town are in trouble...and there's the goal."
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 31, 2014, 8:53pm; Reply: 18
;D
Posted by: jungleland, August 31, 2014, 9:36pm; Reply: 19
JT
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 1, 2014, 7:26am; Reply: 20
They should do a guest slot like sky used to. Drag some random in from a pub tanked up. Brilliant  :P
Posted by: wigworld, September 1, 2014, 7:49am; Reply: 21
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
They should do a guest slot like sky used to. Drag some random in from a pub tanked up. Brilliant  :P

They often do. BigChris from the Trust. ;-)

Posted by: acko338, September 1, 2014, 8:11am; Reply: 22
GEORGE KERR'S GOT THAT SLOT FOR SCUNTHORPE COMMENTARIES !!
Posted by: bradzmilne, September 1, 2014, 9:08am; Reply: 23
JT is an absolute cult hero in these parts! Like others have said, he absolutely bleeds black and white. For that reason alone, give me Tondeur above the other guy any day of the week
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 1, 2014, 12:04pm; Reply: 24
John Tondeur for me, any day of the week! Mind you he has a habit of nearly giving me an heart attack at times  ;D

He is Mariners through and through and nobody can commentate on Town like he can!
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 1, 2014, 12:16pm; Reply: 25
The only thing that winds me up about JT is the way he'll go 'big chance for *opposition*' when in truth they're about 30 yards from goal. This new guy is pretty dreadful, I've no idea what on earth is going on when he's commentating. Matt Dean is the best on RH.
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 12:59am