Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, August 26, 2014, 7:28am
For anyone who is interested, he was out training on pitch before the team came out yesterday, and he said he should be back to full fitness and available for selection next Saturday.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 26, 2014, 8:10am; Reply: 1
Good to have another option, if we can create chances like yesterday Ross will score goals in this side. Obviously Lennie and Pittman are first choice, but I wonder if this knocks Connell further down the pecking order, and with Arnold who can play up top to come back and Neilson who looked dangerous playing off LJL late on yesterday we've certainly got options in the final third.
Posted by: mariner91, August 26, 2014, 8:19am; Reply: 2
Wouldn't be surprised to see Connell leaving within the next two weeks.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 26, 2014, 9:20am; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner91
Wouldn't be surprised to see Connell leaving within the next two weeks.

Quite possibly. Personally I'd love him to stay as we'd have such a variety of attacking options it's incredible.

LJL has power, strength, can hold the ball up, strong in the air
Pittman is quick and powerful
Hannah, I believe, is the best finisher at the club
Connell is capable of dropping deep and is probably the best technically of our forwards

Keep em all I say.
Posted by: Garth, August 26, 2014, 9:30am; Reply: 4
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Quite possibly. Personally I'd love him to stay as we'd have such a variety of attacking options it's incredible.

LJL has power, strength, can hold the ball up, strong in the air
Pittman is quick and powerful
Hannah, I believe, is the best finisher at the club
Connell is capable of dropping deep and is probably the best technically of our forwards

Keep em all I say.

We were looking for another forward now there is no need  Connell fits the bill,  if injuries or a change of tactics is required he still has the nouse and class to operate alongside Arnold as a completely different attacking alternative if required along with Hannah, those three would have given Alfreton some problems yesterday
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 26, 2014, 10:20am; Reply: 5
The way we are playing at the moment,

We will have more than one 20+ striker in the team by the end of the season. 8)
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 26, 2014, 10:21am; Reply: 6
I think it might come down to whether or not Connell wants to stay here to potentially be 3rd or 4th choice striker, he's only here on non contract terms (or week to week or whatever it is) so he can walk away whenever he wants or we can release him. Personally I'd like to see him stay because there's still a class player in there who could score goals, he'd have scored yesterday, but then again I think I'd fancy my chances against Alfreton!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 26, 2014, 10:40am; Reply: 7
From what I've seen of Alan Connell, he looks like a declining footballer and I'd let him go. Am I right in thinking he hasn't scored ANY goals in his last 44 appearances?! He looks lightweight, weak and has lost a yard of pace (not that he had too many yards to lose). His link up play has been awful, he doesn't look like scoring but who knows? Perhaps if he gets one, he'd be a different player? Shame as he's only 31 but he looks a shadow of the player he was four years ago.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, August 27, 2014, 9:27am; Reply: 8
Ross will benefit from being in this setup l. He pressurized people last year by himself, but with everyone doing it, he will be great. The only problem with him is unlike Pittman, Hannah needs his chances created for him. If we create as many as we are at the moment that won't be an issue
Posted by: mike_d, August 27, 2014, 11:28am; Reply: 9
Really depends if he can figure out how to stay onside. Hopefully with the rest of the team pressing this will mean the oppositions defensive line is further up so he's not able to go beyond it so much.
Posted by: acko338, August 27, 2014, 11:52am; Reply: 10
WITH THE ADDED PACE IN MIDFIELD AND UP FRONT RECENTLY, HE MAY HAVE TO SPRINT TO CATCH UP FOR HIS GOAL POACHING !

WON'T HAVE TO HANG ON THE LAST DEFENDER IF THEY ARE BEING PULLED AROUND BY OTHER PLAYERS AT PACE !

HE'S GOT TO GET MINUTES ON THE FIELD FIRST, OF COURSE, AS WILL ARNOLD WHEN FULLY FIT !

SO, WHO WILL BE FIRST INTO DOUBLE GOALS FOR THE SIDE?
Posted by: Southernboy, August 27, 2014, 11:57am; Reply: 11
DON'T KNOW - WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:32pm