Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 2:11pm
Team bus stuck in traffic
This is poor preparation. Tondeur is at the ground as many fans are so surely the team bus should be there
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 2:13pm; Reply: 1
Wow. If true, and we don't get a result there'll be hell to pay.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 18, 2014, 2:15pm; Reply: 2
In a pub here atm, full of town fans. Hurry up team!!
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 18, 2014, 2:16pm; Reply: 3
Thats a bit amateurish.
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 2:20pm; Reply: 4
I clearly don't know the full facts but this would appear to be more than amateurish. Traffic issues were Identified hours ago. Thai appears to be an absolute shambles for such an important game
Posted by: Alfie, April 18, 2014, 2:21pm; Reply: 5
Absolute shambles.
Haven't the traffic problems been well advertised since very early morning?
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 2:22pm; Reply: 6
Still 15-20 minutes away. My God....are we prepared for anything these days?
Posted by: Mariner21, April 18, 2014, 2:23pm; Reply: 7
YES!!!!!!

Not for the first time!!!!! First and foremost I hope everyone is safe and well but flipping come on jeez
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 2:23pm; Reply: 8
It would appear not
Posted by: carrot top, April 18, 2014, 2:24pm; Reply: 9
The bus driver must be a fool as everybody else knew hours ago about the traffic problems.
Posted by: UTMAdinfinitum, April 18, 2014, 2:25pm; Reply: 10
Who would have thought that the traffic would be heavy on a bank holiday?

We each have our own views of Town's performance(s) on the pitch but this is just amateurish!
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 18, 2014, 2:28pm; Reply: 11
Don't worry peeps, there's nothing riding on this game so no need for proper preparation. Oh, apart from the fact that a defeat would leave our playoff hopes hanging by a thread.
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 2:28pm; Reply: 12
A game of this importance, should have had an overnight stay or at least set off at the crack of dawn, few hours to chill/play golf and get prepared.
Maybe we've blown all of our cash on that big colour telly at BP :-/
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 18, 2014, 2:28pm; Reply: 13
Surley u would expect the first team of grimsby town to travel earlier to the game when everyone knew the traffic problems, especially seeing as its so important this game. It happened when we was live last season away to Macclesfield, fans were at the ground yet the bus an hour away.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 18, 2014, 2:29pm; Reply: 14
Amateur and clueless. Like an effing Sunday league pub team.
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 2:29pm; Reply: 15
3-30 kick off !!
NOOOOO!!! In front of dozens thousands of viewers...how utterly embarrassing
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 2:29pm; Reply: 16
Tondeur just announced 3:30 kick off. NOT GOOD
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), April 18, 2014, 2:30pm; Reply: 17
urine poor typical non league club no doubt hurst will use this as an excuse when we get hammered.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 18, 2014, 2:34pm; Reply: 18
I understand there's traffic issues but late to a game an hour and a half away? That's urine poor.
Posted by: grimps, April 18, 2014, 2:36pm; Reply: 19
At least we have an excuse now when we lose  :-/
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 18, 2014, 2:37pm; Reply: 20
Fcking embarrassing.
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 2:38pm; Reply: 21
BT sports stated Town Bus didn't leave till 11:30. UNBELIEVABLE
Still 6 miles away and not moving
Posted by: ackomariner, April 18, 2014, 2:39pm; Reply: 22
They set off at 11:30 and missed their pre match meal
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 18, 2014, 2:41pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ackomariner
They set off at 11:30 and missed their pre match meal

Set off at 10 and have it at Alfreton ffs!
Posted by: grimps, April 18, 2014, 2:42pm; Reply: 24
Whoever has organised todays little outing needs sacking
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 2:48pm; Reply: 25
Chris Doig's there, chatting to JT. Lives in Nottingham but even he saw the traffic was bad.

Can we put him in charge of the club ?
Posted by: ginnywings, April 18, 2014, 2:49pm; Reply: 26
Wow! again?

Will they ever learn? Set off early and have a bit of lunch locally you twots, or better still, go the day before and stay overnight for such an important game.

It's not like they had to be at work yesterday like the Halifax players or owt.
Posted by: grimsbyjack, April 18, 2014, 2:50pm; Reply: 27
The players would have been better off cadging a lift from the Mariners fans who travelled there by car.(icon_cheesygrin)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 18, 2014, 2:55pm; Reply: 28
Absolutely pathetic, the team should of set off a good two hours prior, bank holiday and all that!
Posted by: grimsbyjack, April 18, 2014, 3:01pm; Reply: 29
So the scenario will be....

Bus arrives.
Players debus and head straight into the changing room.
Change into playing kit.
Then straight onto the pitch without a warm up.

I see a loss coming. Hope not but after this debacle, nothing will surprise me.   (wallbash2)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 18, 2014, 3:01pm; Reply: 30
Amateurish, and for one of the biggest games of the season.  Either set off early, or travel the day before, spend the night so there's time in Alfreton for stretching, warm-ups, massage and prep.  

To hear the players have missed their pre-match nutrition is also unacceptable.  It might sound trivial, but nutrition, hydration and energy levels, as well as arriving tense and heavy-legged, can make the difference in games of fine margins.
Posted by: Caesar, April 18, 2014, 3:02pm; Reply: 31
To be fair 11:30 you would normally expect to be there comfortably in time and according to BT Sport we had a pre-match meal on the bus so won't have missed out on anything.  

Just got to say though watching the BT Sport coverage the Town fans managed to get there on time and are making a hell a lot of noise! Well done to all Mariners there, whatever the team does on the pitch it is nice to hear such vocal support being praised on TV.  Hope this game starts some time for all those fans!
Posted by: immariner, April 18, 2014, 3:03pm; Reply: 32
You'd think the players would be getting changed on the bus whilst it is stationary...
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 3:03pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from grimsbyjack
So the scenario will be....

Bus arrives.
Players debus and head straight into the changing room.
Change into playing kit.
Then straight onto the pitch without a warm up.

Meanwhile Town fans at the ground twiddle their thumbs.
Fishy posters/people at home have to listen to Scunny on the commentary.
In the event of a loss, ALL Town fans rightfully demand a refund.

Posted by: GrimRob, April 18, 2014, 3:07pm; Reply: 34
could help us knowing the results of the other games
Posted by: wodewick, April 18, 2014, 3:10pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from GrimRob

A cunning plan!
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 3:14pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from GrimRob

I doubt it. We had umpteen games in hand for weeks, technically they were results in advance but we failed to take the initiative.
Posted by: Tommy, April 18, 2014, 3:16pm; Reply: 37
Why do people keep saying our team have missed their pre-match meal?
Posted by: Alfie, April 18, 2014, 3:17pm; Reply: 38
I'm probably more concerned that BT Sport spent 2 minutes talking about it'll be a big blow that we miss our pre-match meal at a hotel.

Thankfully, Chris Doig clarified that that's not a problem as we always just have a micro-meal on the coach anyway...!!!  ??) ??)
Posted by: nightrider, April 18, 2014, 3:17pm; Reply: 39
Nothing suprises me now. Good quiz question....
How many games have we either been late or failed to turn up? 3? 4?
Promotion? The clubs going nowhere. The pressures now on the players to give us fans something to cheer about.
I watched a clip of how leicester city prepare for games, how they train  etc. It put hurst to shame. Considering we were playing them 10years or ao ago....
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, April 18, 2014, 3:20pm; Reply: 40
Watching in a pub with sound off. Whats Fenty saying?
Posted by: gobby, April 18, 2014, 3:21pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Alfie
I'm probably more concerned that BT Sport spent 2 minutes talking about it'll be a big blow that we miss our pre-match meal at a hotel.

Thankfully, Chris Doig clarified that that's not a problem as we always just have a micro-meal on the coach anyway...!!!  ??) ??)

This is true, they were seen collecting a tray from 'The Breakfast Bun Shop' on Queen Street Immingham at 1145 this morning ;) 8)
UTMM
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, April 18, 2014, 3:22pm; Reply: 42
This is definitely all Fentyses fault for not providing a helicopter to get the team to Alfreton.
Posted by: Tommy, April 18, 2014, 3:24pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Alfie

Exactly. Bignot mentioned it wouldn't be a problem as they have food on the coach.
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 3:27pm; Reply: 44
Town only being given 20 minutes to warm up
Posted by: moosey_club, April 18, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 45
Poor planning or unlucky?

11.30 would be a reasonable time to leave on a normal day, would have given two hours after arrival so plenty of time realistically, could they have gone an alternative route? well maybe but then diverting onto single roads through town centres along with every other vehicle could cause you to be even later.
Knowing personally how the M1 actually is at the moment through the roadworks in that area and it being a bank holiday then delays could have been foreseen, extent of which though i doubt could have.

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 18, 2014, 3:29pm; Reply: 46
Let's hope this leaves our boys more pumped up and ready to get stuck into the game, while Alfreton are annoyed and irate.  Yes it's amateurish, but we are where we are.  The fans are enjoying themselves, our players will be up for it, Hurst should be telling the team that we're Grimsby Town, we play when we're ready, teams wait for us so let's go out there and grab hold of our promotion.
Posted by: RoboCod, April 18, 2014, 3:30pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from moosey_club
Poor planning or unlucky?

11.30 would be a reasonable time to leave on a normal day, would have given two hours after arrival so plenty of time realistically, could they have gone an alternative route? well maybe but then diverting onto single roads through town centres along with every other vehicle could cause you to be even later.
Knowing personally how the M1 actually is at the moment through the roadworks in that area and it being a bank holiday then delays could have been foreseen, extent of which though i doubt could have.

Be an interesting 'Just Back' thread, hopefully posters will give us their own setting off times and how they found the traffic.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 18, 2014, 3:31pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
Watching in a pub with sound off. Whats Fenty saying?

Said all our problems started with ITV Digital...  ;)

Posted by: MrsMariner, April 18, 2014, 3:31pm; Reply: 49
There only 3 miles away they could jog there and that would get them warmed up ::)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 18, 2014, 3:32pm; Reply: 50
Looking in on this from abroad, we look like a joke club in a tinpot league with a clueless manager and a deluded chairman/director.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 18, 2014, 3:33pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from MrsMariner
There only 3 miles away they could jog there and that would get them warmed up ::)

3 Miles away would be on the M1 still so cant jog on there  :P
Posted by: GrimRob, April 18, 2014, 3:39pm; Reply: 52
BT Sport must be regretting covering this division. The FA Trophy wipes out 1/3 of the fixtures, the weather another 1/3 and miscellaneous member-ups a few of the rest.
Posted by: Brazilnut, April 18, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 53
I would like to take my hat off to GTFC.....they obviuosly read this site and are buying time for Sweden to get thro Heathrow and to a suitable venue
Posted by: Abdul19, April 18, 2014, 3:42pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from GrimRob
BT Sport must be regretting covering this division. The FA Trophy wipes out 1/3 of the fixtures, the weather another 1/3 and miscellaneous member-ups a few of the rest.

I doubt the 30p they've spent on covering it makes much difference.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 18, 2014, 3:45pm; Reply: 55
Grimsby coach took the wrong exit off the motorway, a metaphor for our recent demise  :)
Posted by: Sconeboy, April 18, 2014, 3:46pm; Reply: 56
I know town have a tendency to not turn up on the big occasion, but this just takes the biscuit!!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 18, 2014, 3:48pm; Reply: 57
Heres the bus.
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 3:48pm; Reply: 58
BUS HAS ARRIVED!!!!
Posted by: Meza, April 18, 2014, 3:50pm; Reply: 59
I just hope it doesn't effect their game.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 18, 2014, 3:51pm; Reply: 60
16:15 KO
Posted by: Alfie, April 18, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 61
Get the feeling we're gonna get tonked.
Posted by: TAGG, April 18, 2014, 3:54pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Thats a bit amateurish.

you could say that about the last 10 years :-)
yet again what a flipping embarrassment. Just shows non league management.
i cant say sort it Fenty because he cant.  
Posted by: DavidB, April 18, 2014, 3:58pm; Reply: 63
Investigation and any blame can wait until later - need the squad and management team to focus on the game now!
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 3:58pm; Reply: 64
Grimsby Coach Cam apparently trending on Twitter
Posted by: grimsbyjack, April 18, 2014, 4:07pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from DavidB
Investigation and any blame can wait until later - need the squad and management team to focus on the game now!

Absolutely.
Posted by: TAGG, April 18, 2014, 4:07pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from DavidB

balderdash.
Late for a game just down the road.
Hope Fenty pays any fine out of his own pocket.
The buck stop with him.
Posted by: grimsbyjack, April 18, 2014, 4:12pm; Reply: 67
Cummon Towwwnnnnn (yahoo)(groupwave)
Posted by: Tommy, April 18, 2014, 4:13pm; Reply: 68
I know there's a lot of Fenty-hate on here but intercourse me how is this his fault? I doubt he arranges the bus travel and chooses the route and depart time etc
Posted by: TAGG, April 18, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Tommy
I know there's a lot of Fenty-hate on here but intercourse me how is this his fault? I doubt he arranges the bus travel and chooses the route and depart time etc

HE RUNS THE FUCK1NG CLUB (wallbash)(wallbash)(wallbash)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 18, 2014, 4:16pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Tommy

Is it because he's a Conservative and they've been responsible for all the cuts...if Labour had been in charge maybe the road network might have been better ;)
Posted by: wormy, April 18, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 71
Here we go. COME ON YOU MARINERS
LETS NOT PARK THE BUS!!
Posted by: grimsbyjack, April 18, 2014, 4:17pm; Reply: 72
This could be the reason for the teams delay.

M1 Derbyshire, southbound between A617 [M1 junction 29] and A38 [M1 junction 28]

M1 Derbyshire - Delays earlier and queueing traffic earlier on M1 southbound between J29, A617 (Chesterfield) and J28, A38 (Alfreton), because of an accident earlier on.
Posted by: Tommy, April 18, 2014, 4:18pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from TAGG

HE RUNS THE FUCK1NG CLUB (wallbash)(wallbash)(wallbash)

He doesn't drive the flipping bus.

He may run the club but a lot of stuff is delegated for people like Hurst to decide. Get over it
Posted by: TAGG, April 18, 2014, 4:24pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Tommy

He doesn't drive the flipping bus.

He may run the club but a lot of stuff is delegated for people like Hurst to decide. Get over it

I am the Capitan of a huge vessel. I dont go on the deck but if things go wrong down there I am responsible. The buck stops with the boss not the bus driver.  
Posted by: grimsbyjack, April 18, 2014, 4:25pm; Reply: 75
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss
0-1 Town
Hannah
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 18, 2014, 6:53pm; Reply: 76
This is the 2nd time in 2 seasons we have got stuck in traffic,

Its a Bank Holiday you have to allow for all possibilities ,

Very poor planning, funny how many Town fans managed to get there in plenty of time.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 18, 2014, 6:55pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from grimsby pete
This is the 2nd time in 2 seasons we have got stuck in traffic,

Its a Bank Holiday you have to allow for all possibilities ,

Very poor planning, funny how many Town fans managed to get there in plenty of time.

We were in the lead 3 times today Pete so once the team made it there we should have just parked the bus and we'd have had 3 points tonight instead of just the one ;)
Posted by: newfootballer, April 19, 2014, 2:13pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Tommy

How on earth can it be John Fenty"s fault.

The bus company have got a lot of Questions to answer for they should know how long it takes to get to the venue, and also they should allow the possibility of a road hold up and accidents that could happen especially out on a motorway.

Its just crazy that once again John Fenty is being blamed, it seems for every thing that goes wrong at the football club up come the banner

"ITS JOHN FENTY"S FAULT.

Dave Boylen

Posted by: jungleland, April 19, 2014, 2:19pm; Reply: 79
Dead right there's no way john Fenty can be blamed for that .... But dave for fvcks you have your job now ease up on the snivelling it's embarrassing  ;)
Posted by: wormy, April 19, 2014, 7:30pm; Reply: 80
I wonder what time the bus will leave for Braintree, hopefully the day before if we need something from the game!!
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:39pm