Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Poojah, February 22, 2024, 3:28pm
Tweet 1760680860351971473 will appear here...
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 22, 2024, 3:31pm; Reply: 1
Hardly a decent replacement for Alex Hunt is she!

We need new players not a CEO for another non league campaign.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 22, 2024, 3:35pm; Reply: 2
Bizarre timing and somebody at GTFC is either not reading the current mood of the fans or more likely doesn't give a intercourse.
Posted by: pen penfras, February 22, 2024, 3:38pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Bizarre timing and somebody at GTFC is either not reading the current mood of the fans or more likely doesn't give a intercourse.

We need a CEO and it was probably thought it would distract from the current mood, which is underestimating how bad things are right now.

I'm sure she's happy to be on board and hopefully doesn't result in a load of payoffs and legal cases like the last new CEO caused.

Edit. Sounds like a decent appointment
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 22, 2024, 3:45pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pen penfras

We need a CEO and it was probably thought it would distract from the current mood, which is underestimating how bad things are right now.

I'm sure she's happy to be on board and hopefully doesn't result in a load of payoffs and legal cases like the last new CEO caused.

I accept that we need a CEO quite how we've managed to entice her from MUFC I don't know? What I meant was Hunt goes out on loan more misery and negative news regarding the team and then this story half hour later hmmmmmm

These are strange times in terms of on and off field priorities.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 22, 2024, 3:50pm; Reply: 5
If we're prepared to pay enough to bring in someone from Man U it's not inconceivable that we could fire Artell and bring in someone until the end of the season to keep us away from the drop. Is it?

How well does she know Serina Wiegman? Or Emma Hayes?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 22, 2024, 3:52pm; Reply: 6
That's a big commitment as with that sort of pedigree she will command a big salary. It doesn't bear thinking about if we go down as she doesn't start here till the summer.
Posted by: ska face, February 22, 2024, 3:52pm; Reply: 7
Good luck to her and hope she’s successful & happy in the role.

Hope the club now allow the back office staff to get on and leave the public-facing stuff to the players and management. These people don’t need the same level of scrutiny as the playing staff & don’t need thrusting in front of cameras & microphones at every opportunity.
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 22, 2024, 3:54pm; Reply: 8
“Town’s new CEO will oversee all aspects of the club, including the men’s, women’s and Academy teams and commercial activities”.

Fair enough, but I hope the owners have stated to her that the split of workload needs to be heavily weighted towards the men’s team, which will be new to her.

If she’s as good as Debbie then great, but if she’s been brought in to give more balance to all aspects of the club and a clear move away from the men’s team being the priority, she’ll get a shock by the fans’ reaction.

I have my fingers crossed that she’ll take us forward, and especially that we’ll still be in the EFL next season (which is far from certain).
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 22, 2024, 3:55pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from pen penfras

What legal cases ? Pay offs ? Expand on this
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 22, 2024, 3:56pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ska face
Good luck to her and hope she’s successful & happy in the role.

Hope the club now allow the back office staff to get on and leave the public-facing stuff to the players and management. These people don’t need the same level of scrutiny as the playing staff & don’t need thrusting in front of cameras & microphones at every opportunity.

Well said mate the only two I knew where Lisa and Wraithy cos they'd been there years . Just quietly let them get on in the background  What really matters is sorting out the men's first team so it can compete .
Posted by: 141325 (Guest), February 22, 2024, 3:57pm; Reply: 11
Who is responsible for recruitment?
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 22, 2024, 3:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Poojah
Tweet 1760680860351971473 will appear here...

Having read what the club have said about her and what she has done she looks like she would be better employed replacing Artell.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 22, 2024, 3:59pm; Reply: 13
I wish her well but she looks seriously overqualified.
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 22, 2024, 4:01pm; Reply: 14
If we're prepared to pay enough to bring in someone from Man U it's not inconceivable that we could fire Artell and bring in someone until the end of the season to keep us away from the drop. Is it?

How well does she know Serina Wiegman? Or Emma Hayes?

It’s not MUFC though, it’s their women’s team. Listening to The Price of Football this morning was good timing, as Kieran McGuire was saying they have turnover of £7m, 80% of which is from marketing, not gate receipts. Hopefully she’s got some good ideas.

McGuire was actually full of praise for MUFC women for how, as a small company, they’re not legally obliged to declare everything, but they still do it, saying their accounts are completely transparent.

The pod also concentrated on Crawley today, who apparently have lost £80,000 pounds every week in the past year. Madness, but it’s what we’re up against.
Posted by: 141325 (Guest), February 22, 2024, 4:04pm; Reply: 15

Links to man utd and Brighton hopefully brings in good loans.

Might not be here long looking at the CV!
Posted by: pen penfras, February 22, 2024, 4:05pm; Reply: 16
That's a big commitment as with that sort of pedigree she will command a big salary. It doesn't bear thinking about if we go down as she doesn't start here till the summer.

I agree the appointment sounds good with where she's come from. But I doubt she was highly paid, the women's game has no money in it, even at the big clubs
Posted by: pen penfras, February 22, 2024, 4:16pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

There were 2 legal cases that I know of against the club due to how she treated them and how their employment ended. 3 people got forced out and paid off, 2 of them then got asked to help out afterwards but refused because of how they were treated. The 3rd took a payoff and left, but didn't want the hassle of a legal case even though everybody in the office thought it was constructive dismissal. Several others left, but I don't know the circumstances other than they didn't like the working environment.

Anybody who praises what DC did knows absolutely nothing about what she actually did. She cost the club an absolute fortune and all these people were hard working individuals that were not replaced with better.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 22, 2024, 4:19pm; Reply: 18
"helped deliver major new facilities at the club’s training ground"

Sounds useful. Maybe a kick up the bottom might also help in getting our 'new' training ground up and running.

Her track record is second to none. Lets hope she still has friends in high places when it comes to loan deals or players who are not playing.
Posted by: GibMariner, February 22, 2024, 4:26pm; Reply: 19
"helped deliver major new facilities at the club’s training ground"

Sounds useful. Maybe a kick up the bottom might also help in getting our 'new' training ground up and running.

Her track record is second to none. Lets hope she still has friends in high places when it comes to loan deals or players who are not playing.

Just what are those then ?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 22, 2024, 4:36pm; Reply: 20
I wonder if she's got links to the area?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 22, 2024, 4:52pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from pen penfras

There were 2 legal cases that I know of against the club due to how she treated them and how their employment ended. 3 people got forced out and paid off, 2 of them then got asked to help out afterwards but refused because of how they were treated. The 3rd took a payoff and left, but didn't want the hassle of a legal case even though everybody in the office thought it was constructive dismissal. Several others left, but I don't know the circumstances other than they didn't like the working environment.

Anybody who praises what DC did knows absolutely nothing about what she actually did. She cost the club an absolute fortune and all these people were hard working individuals that were not replaced with better.

Cheers
Posted by: GrimPol, February 22, 2024, 5:23pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I accept that we need a CEO quite how we've managed to entice her from MUFC I don't know? What I meant was Hunt goes out on loan more misery and negative news regarding the team and then this story half hour later hmmmmmm

These are strange times in terms of on and off field priorities.

Do we need a CEO? Chief Executive Officer is the top person in an organisation which reports to the board and is the face of the company. The board lays down broad brush requirements, the CEO puts that into practice. Yes?
Did DC sack PH? Did DC employ DA? Did DC have fans forums? As I remember all that was done by JS.     What actually did DC do?
Posted by: ska face, February 22, 2024, 5:29pm; Reply: 23
Who do you think manages all the other staff during the week?
Posted by: chaos33, February 22, 2024, 5:56pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from pen penfras

Good luck with that. That’s potentially libellous. Sure John will help you out if they come for you.
Posted by: DB, February 22, 2024, 6:09pm; Reply: 25
Good luck to her, she comes with a good pedigree and has football knowledge.
Posted by: GrimPol, February 22, 2024, 6:39pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from ska face
Who do you think manages all the other staff during the week?

Who did it before we had a CEO?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 22, 2024, 6:41pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

1....just 1!! ...and that didn't even make it to court!!...you know some posters do have an agenda against our owners and will just say any old shite to bad mouth them.
Its known certain members of the old guard were paid off, but they were all voluntary.

As for Polly, her CV looks impressive but if you read the review from Manchester fans she wasn't highly thought of, so I'm not sure its the "coup" some may think it appears to be
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 22, 2024, 6:45pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

1....just 1!! ...and that didn't even make it to court!!...you know some posters do have an agenda against our owners and will just say any old shite to bad mouth them.
Its known certain members of the old guard were paid off, but they were all voluntary.

As for Polly, her CV looks impressive but if you read the review from Manchester fans she wasn't highly thought of, so I'm not sure its the "coup" some may think it appears to be

Don't they all hate her because all Man Utd Women's best players keep leaving? That's hardly the CEO's fault is it? If the club won't stump up the cash and they get poached by Arsenal / Chelsea then that's on the ownership, not the CEO.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 22, 2024, 6:47pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Chrisblor

Don't they all hate her because all Man Utd Women's best players keep leaving? That's hardly the CEO's fault is it? If the club won't stump up the cash and they get poached by Arsenal / Chelsea then that's on the ownership, not the CEO.

I think ot sounds more like her involvement in the appointment of Skinner.
What I'm hoping for is that she has solid contacts on the commercial side, let's be right, we need some investment to take some weight off Stockwood and Petits wallets tbh.
Posted by: ska face, February 22, 2024, 6:49pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GrimPol

Who did it before we had a CEO?

Ian Fleming, the Chief Exec since 1996.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 22, 2024, 7:32pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Chrisblor

Should be perfect experience for when she gets here as by then Rose will probably be on his way and all of our decent players will have left.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 22, 2024, 7:38pm; Reply: 32
She’ll have her eyes opened at her first home game v FGR if we go a goal down in the first 5 minutes
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 22, 2024, 7:43pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
She’ll have her eyes opened at her first home game v FGR if we go a goal down in the first 5 minutes

She doesn’t start till next season 🤔
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 22, 2024, 7:48pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Should be perfect experience for when she gets here as by then Rose will probably be on his way and all of our decent players will have left.

Man Utd fans seem pleased she’s leaving and are blaming her for the likes of Russo leaving.
Posted by: GrimPol, February 22, 2024, 8:19pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from ska face

Ian Fleming, the Chief Exec since 1996.

Get him back.

Posted by: forza ivano, February 22, 2024, 8:22pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from pen penfras

looking forward to seeing your evidence to support that statement............
Posted by: toontown, February 22, 2024, 8:29pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from GrimPol

Get him back.

Was he the one that ballsed up the transfer of Giles Coke and we had to get a special exemption from the FA for it to be able to go ahead?
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 22, 2024, 8:31pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from 141325

Links to man utd and Brighton hopefully brings in good loans.

Might not be here long looking at the CV!

Yes we could use some women in midfield
Posted by: The Yard Dog, February 22, 2024, 8:36pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from forza ivano

looking forward to seeing your evidence to support that statement............

Everyone who left under the new owners had to signed disclosure form before leaving, stating they were was not allowed to speak about anything them leaving the club. FACT.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 22, 2024, 8:39pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Everyone who left under the new owners had to signed disclosure form before leaving, stating they were was not allowed to speak about anything them leaving the club. FACT.

You don't have to sign a form like that before leaving. If people chose to, then that was down to them.
Posted by: Maringer, February 22, 2024, 8:41pm; Reply: 41
excrement-stirrers back excrement-stirring, I see.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 22, 2024, 8:44pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from The Yard Dog

That is very common in termination agreements.
Posted by: male private Nale, February 22, 2024, 8:48pm; Reply: 43
Was never going to be a white male was it!
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 22, 2024, 8:48pm; Reply: 44
Is Pen Penfras actually Ian Fleming? I've always assumed so, but never known for sure.
Posted by: StacyColdicotts_hairline, February 22, 2024, 9:42pm; Reply: 45
Good luck to her.

She will be using GTFC as a stepping stone into the men's game where the salaries are mode much lucrative. Let's hope she makes some positive changes
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 22, 2024, 9:58pm; Reply: 46
Looks like a good appointment, good luck to her.

Despite the opinions of some people Debbie did a good job and if she used compromise agreements to get rid of some of “the furniture” then so be it, this happens every day.

On so many levels the club was a shambles and a few employees took supporters for granted & had zero pride in their paid work.
Posted by: sydney, February 22, 2024, 10:00pm; Reply: 47
Worry About My Club
I want League Football
And this should be stated as our absolute priority
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, February 22, 2024, 10:00pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from male private Nale
Was never going to be a white male was it!

…unlike your Pǒrnhub search history
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 22, 2024, 10:27pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Looks like a good appointment, good luck to her.

Despite the opinions of some people Debbie did a good job and if she used compromise agreements to get rid of some of “the furniture” then so be it, this happens every day.

On so many levels the club was a shambles and a few employees took supporters for granted & had zero pride in their paid work.

It would be interesting if you were to name those employees or are you just assuming?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 22, 2024, 10:31pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from arryarryarry

It would be interesting if you were to name those employees or are you just assuming?

I don't know their names but experienced their apathy on numerous occasions.

Posted by: 140381 (Guest), February 22, 2024, 10:51pm; Reply: 51

Lolled at this
Posted by: Norseman, February 22, 2024, 11:26pm; Reply: 52
Copied from a man utd women's supporters comments,  on the appointment

"She was put in charge of our contracts and allowed our two biggest players contracts to run out, and go for free ,when we'd had big offers a few months earlier .All our contracts were mis -handled while she's been here ,and they had to draft in people from the mens set up, to bail her out ,she was about to be sacked by sir jim ratcliffe anyway ,so shes jumped before he had the chance.  She was totally out of her depth"

Don't shoot the messenger .Just someone's opinion based on their belief .
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 22, 2024, 11:47pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Norseman

"She was put in charge of our contracts and allowed our two biggest players contracts to run out, and go for free ,when we'd had big offers a few months earlier .All our contracts were mis -handled while she's been here ,and they had to draft in people from the mens set up, to bail her out ,she was about to be sacked by sir jim ratcliffe anyway ,so shes jumped before he had the chance.  She was totally out of her depth"

By all accounts, Jim Ratcliffe sacks everybody (Ten Hag, beware…), but the appointment does worry me. Seems very much like the FGR female coach experiment to me. This will undoubtedly get red crosses galore, especially after DC’s era, but the whole women’s team thing sounds like a modern day box ticking exercise to me.

However, she deserves a chance.

And before I get the ‘sexist’ tag attached, maybe you’re right. I don’t really care. I just care about the men’s team - formerly known as Grimsby Town Football Club. It’s all any of us care about, no matter what society tells you that you should think.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 22, 2024, 11:48pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Norseman

Did Sir Jim say he was going to sack her ?

I thought he spoke about having a new super stadium.

BUT

Can't see where he said he was going to sack anybody.
Posted by: davmariner, February 23, 2024, 12:04am; Reply: 55
Unusual for Man United fans to have such strong views for a role like this is it not?
Posted by: davmariner, February 23, 2024, 12:06am; Reply: 56
Tweet 1760762124027179146 will appear here...
Posted by: davmariner, February 23, 2024, 12:13am; Reply: 57
Quoted Text
Ineos plan women’s team shake-up

The behind-the-scenes overhaul at United is not limited to Erik Ten Hag’s team. Confidential understands Ineos are also planning changes on the women’s side ahead of next season.

Polly Bancroft was appointed head of women’s football in October 2022, but Mail Sport understand she's set to leave the club.

There has been talk of disorganisation behind the scenes and Ineos want to ensure a smoother process when it comes to transfers and contract negotiations.

Bancroft was originally handling these areas before Sam Barnett, who has now left the club, was drafted in from the men’s side to help during the summer. United’s transfer negotiator Matt Hargreaves and women’s player recruitment lead Harvey Bussell also became involved.

Sounds messy.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13104231/amp/MAN-UNITED-CONFIDENTIAL-Harry-Styles-Luton-Harry-Maguire.html
Posted by: male private Nale, February 23, 2024, 5:17am; Reply: 58

ATM
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 23, 2024, 11:34am; Reply: 59
Good job she’s a women and we are not allowed to say anything
Posted by: Maringer, February 23, 2024, 11:36am; Reply: 60
I'm pleased to see that the knives are out for the new CEO before she's even started the job.

I, for one, am shocked that we have employed somebody who wears dresses. Down with that sort of thing etc etc.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 23, 2024, 11:47am; Reply: 61
Quoted from Maringer
I, for one, am shocked that we have employed somebody who wears dresses. Down with that sort of thing etc etc.

Thank God it wasnt pants. Down with that sort of thing
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 23, 2024, 11:47am; Reply: 62
Quoted from Maringer
I'm pleased to see that the knives are out for the new CEO before she's even started the job.

How do you know she wears dresses?
Where your evidence?
Posted by: GrimPol, February 23, 2024, 11:48am; Reply: 63
Quoted from Maringer

Down with her dress? steady on, guests might think they are on porn hub thats just been mentioned. :)
Posted by: Maringer, February 23, 2024, 11:54am; Reply: 64
Quoted from HerveJosse

How do you know she wears dresses?
Where your evidence?

The same place where you found your daft comment about 'not being allowed to say anything because she's a woman', I suppose.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 23, 2024, 12:19pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from HerveJosse

Are you actually saying stuff like this?
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, February 23, 2024, 12:19pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from HerveJosse

What are you not allowed to say?
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 23, 2024, 1:05pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

What are you not allowed to say?

Ok here goes it looks a shite appointment to me
Posted by: Mariner_501, February 23, 2024, 1:07pm; Reply: 68
United fans buzzing she’s gone. But she’s a woman and it helps B corp so
Posted by: exiledmeggie, February 23, 2024, 1:15pm; Reply: 69
Pity she has not bought Marcus Rashford with her!
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 23, 2024, 2:52pm; Reply: 70
I’ll keep an open mind.
Think the new ownership at ManU wanted rid.
Don’t mean she is not a good future CEO.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, February 23, 2024, 3:02pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from HerveJosse

Ok here goes it looks a shite appointment to me

There you go. You were allowed to say that after all.
Posted by: golfer, February 23, 2024, 4:20pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Maringer

I would be if it was Danny La Rue or Boy George. Not football related but i understand she makes good " mince Pies"
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 23, 2024, 8:45pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Norseman

New owners want to sack existing employees …. Now where have we seen that before?
Posted by: forza ivano, February 23, 2024, 11:53pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Mariner_501
United fans buzzing she’s gone. But she’s a woman and it helps B corp so

With your in depth, expert knowledge of the BCorp application process I would be grateful if you could explain how this appointment assists our application.

And what exactly is it about Polly being a woman merits your apparent ire?
Finally,with your in depth expert knowledge of footballing CEO's I would be grateful to know who would've been on your short list n who you would've appointed instead
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 24, 2024, 3:39am; Reply: 75
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Hardly a decent replacement for Alex Hunt is she!

We need new players not a CEO for another non league campaign.

No… no she isn’t! I’d even go as far to say that I’ll safely assume she’s never played played a centre midfield role in men’s professional football in her life!

Thanks heavens she is coming in as CEO and not to play the deep lying playmaker role! Close one that, thanks for spotting!
Posted by: Azimuth, February 24, 2024, 6:55am; Reply: 76
I wish Polly Bancroft well in her new role and hope she fullfills it to the best of her ability whilst taking the club forward.
Posted by: toontown, February 24, 2024, 9:59am; Reply: 77
It says that since coming in 2022 to man u women she has helped grow attendances and commercial income - well if a boiled potato was appointed then it would have achieved the same as all women's teams have seen an upsurge in interest and sponsorship etc. It's only relevant if she has achieved more than would have been expected anyway, given that man u women are 2nd in the world for income that may well be the case.

No doubt if she's a success she won't be here long as we are an entry for her into being a CEO on the more lucrative mens side of the game, but nothing wrong with that and it will mean she has been a success with us. The fact man u brought people from the men's side of the organisation to discuss contracts on her watch though is quite a bit of an alarm bell.

I do hope that this isn't going to herald GTFC womens games at BP though, the pitch won't take double use and it's incredibly expensive to replace as we recently found out. That would be a massive and expensive error we can't afford in my opinion.
Posted by: GrimPol, February 24, 2024, 10:13am; Reply: 78
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

No… no she isn’t! I’d even go as far to say that I’ll safely assume she’s never played played a centre midfield role in men’s professional football in her life!

Thanks heavens she is coming in as CEO and not to play the deep lying playmaker role! Close one that, thanks for spotting!

Steady on, bit sexist, she actually might improve our team if she played.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 24, 2024, 10:27am; Reply: 79
Quoted from davmariner

Unlike MUFC men's...
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 24, 2024, 11:26am; Reply: 80
Quoted from toontown
It says that since coming in 2022 to man u women she has helped grow attendances and commercial income - well if a boiled potato was appointed then it would have achieved the same as all women's teams have seen an upsurge in interest and sponsorship etc. It's only relevant if she has achieved more than would have been expected anyway, given that man u women are 2nd in the world for income that may well be the case.

No doubt if she's a success she won't be here long as we are an entry for her into being a CEO on the more lucrative mens side of the game, but nothing wrong with that and it will mean she has been a success with us. The fact man u brought people from the men's side of the organisation to discuss contracts on her watch though is quite a bit of an alarm bell.

I do hope that this isn't going to herald GTFC womens games at BP though, the pitch won't take double use and it's incredibly expensive to replace as we recently found out. That would be a massive and expensive error we can't afford in my opinion.

You couldn’t justify having the women’s games at BP, they’re not professionals. It’d be like letting a random 22 posters on here have a kick around. You wouldn’t let two teams from Division 9 of the Grimsby Sunday League play there, and that’s about the level.

The women’s team are very lucky to have the chance to represent the club, as there are thousands of us that’d love to but can’t (because we’re not good enough!).
Posted by: davmariner, April 30, 2024, 8:56pm; Reply: 81
She starts in June as per the DN35 pod.

A good friend of mine has worked directly with the new CEO in a previous role.

They said she’s fantastic at her job and the fact that Man U Women lost some players is no reflection on her. They just wouldn’t pay the wages to keep the likes of Russo.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 30, 2024, 10:34pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from davmariner
She starts in June as per the DN35 pod.

A good friend of mine has worked directly with the new CEO in a previous role.

They said she’s fantastic at her job and the fact that Man U Women lost some players is no reflection on her. They just wouldn’t pay the wages to keep the likes of Russo.

Sorry ,cant believe that. According to the misogynists on here , being a woman she is therefore incompetent
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 30, 2024, 10:49pm; Reply: 83
She has had varied experience at top clubs.  I also doubt that Man United would appoint someone to a key position who was not good at their job.   (Apart from most of the men’s first team).
Posted by: Yoda, April 30, 2024, 11:30pm; Reply: 84
Does a midsize league two team warrant a CEO really.
For me it’s another 100 grand a year we can spend on players.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, April 30, 2024, 11:39pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Yoda

Believe it or not, the position of Chief Executive at Grimsby Town is not something new, Ian Fleming held the role for a number of years prior to the owners coming in.
Posted by: davmariner, April 30, 2024, 11:47pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Yoda

I guess you could argue that for every aspect of the club that isn’t the playing budget, but realistically if you want to progress you need the infrastructure  the driving force to achieve that.

What you’re saying feels very ‘strength and conditioning coach doesn’t get you three points on a Saturday’.
Posted by: The Dogs Testicles, May 1, 2024, 6:21am; Reply: 87
We can certainly tell that the Football season is over and there’s nothing left to moan about!!

It seems as though we still have many archaic attitudes and behaviours at the club (fanbase) but the simple fact is that we need to rethink the way we do business if we are survive and become sustainable moving forward then we have to evolve.

Let’s give Polly the environment to be successful, rather than prejudice before she’s even started!!

Good luck Polly, I hope you smash it!

UTM
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 1, 2024, 8:12am; Reply: 88
Quoted from Yoda

Morning Yoda

Look I don’t disagree with all your posts and you clearly want the team to succeed as we all do. However, you obviously voice a number of strong opinions on how the club is run, how the budget is allocated and the relative competency of our Manager and why a CEO is required.

Having read your comments immediately after listening to the DN35 podcast I would seriously recommend you contact Jason or Andrew and ask to have a twenty minute chat with them or at least exchange thoughts constructively via one of the social media platforms.

Hopefully, it would help alleviate some of your concerns and as a consequence more positive posts may emanate from you. Nothing wrong with being critical just helps if some of the criticisms are constructive.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, May 1, 2024, 9:08am; Reply: 89
A good friend of mine (also a woman, for all you fans of misogyny out there), worked alongside her for four years at UEFA in Switzerland and says she's brilliant. I trust her judgement.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, May 1, 2024, 10:04am; Reply: 90
Quoted from Yoda

Speaking personally from Lincoln's perspective, who have clearly been successful and continue to be relatively successful, I think the CEO has been absolutely pivotal in all of this. Absolutely necessary in my eyes.

Posted by: DaleH, May 1, 2024, 10:30am; Reply: 91
Quoted from Yoda

If there isn't a CEO in the business, then how do you think the owners business is going to be operated on a day to day basis? A business needs a senior operational executive leading on the floor. Think of it it as a managing director role if you like. There are many different facets to the business, including a middle management team etc. And it is the CEO that pulls all of that together and leads the business in all areas, at the behest of the business owners who are not full involved managerially on a day to day basis.
Posted by: Yoda, May 1, 2024, 10:54am; Reply: 92
I wish her all the best in the role i do.
In money terms GTFC is a tiny business with a turnover of 4-5 million does it warrant a full time CEO.
Just an opinion.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, May 1, 2024, 10:57am; Reply: 93

Speaking personally from Lincoln's perspective, who have clearly been successful and continue to be relatively successful, I think the CEO has been absolutely pivotal in all of this. Absolutely necessary in my eyes.

Not just Lincoln, look at Ipswich. Mark Ashton has been a massive reason they are so successful on the pitch.. answering the question yes a good CEO can get you 3 points on a Saturday.
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 1, 2024, 11:35am; Reply: 94
A good friend of mine (also a woman, for all you fans of misogyny out there), worked alongside her for four years at UEFA in Switzerland and says she's brilliant. I trust her judgement.

I'm sure she is brilliant but i'm currently chuckling away to myself at the idea of packing a job in where you go to work every day in an office overlooking the idyllic Lake Geneva and Swiss Alps, and a few years later are spending your working days in the Findus stand overlooking the picturesque Humber Estuary.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, May 1, 2024, 11:46am; Reply: 95
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'm sure she is brilliant but i'm currently chuckling away to myself at the idea of packing a job in where you go to work every day in an office overlooking the idyllic Lake Geneva and Swiss Alps, and a few years later are spending your working days in the Findus stand overlooking the picturesque Humber Estuary.

Funnily enough I have personal experience of this. I spent two years working in Geneva, a city so boring it made coming back to live in Grimsby for a few years feel like a paragon of activity (good for skiing though!).
Posted by: Maringer, May 1, 2024, 11:47am; Reply: 96
Quoted from Chrisblor

I bet the fish and chips in Geneva are shite, though.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 1, 2024, 12:02pm; Reply: 97
If we’re to be taken seriously by any major investors or sponsors I think a CEO would be vital in influencing the decision to part with £££££.
Posted by: buckstown, May 1, 2024, 12:29pm; Reply: 98
I worked for Nestle and spent quite a bit of time at head office in Vevey. It was the ivory tower of all time, direct views over the lake and mountains but gracious me it’s a boring country. And brutally expensive
UK is a much better place to live, and she gets to drink in the taphouse with views over the boating lake. The woman would be mad not to pick Cleethorpes
Posted by: Azimuth, May 1, 2024, 1:40pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Chrisblor

Pffft, why wouldnt anyone want to come and work in the Umber Riviera, Miles of Golden sand, Steels fish and chips, top crazy golf courses, the fitties nearby for weekend away.
She would have been mad to have not taken the role!
Seriously though, there are far worse places to be based and work.
Posted by: Garth, May 1, 2024, 5:13pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Yoda

Fenty would not have approved I'm sure
Posted by: Townforlife, May 1, 2024, 5:36pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Yoda

Does a midsize league two team forum warrant a Yoda really?
For me it’s another 100 grand negative posts we can do without.
Posted by: Townforlife, May 2, 2024, 10:37am; Reply: 102
What are our priorities for our new CEO? What off field improvements would we like to see?
Posted by: Mikey_345, May 2, 2024, 11:14am; Reply: 103
Quoted from buckstown
I worked for Nestle  

I too have had a very close working relationship with Nestle, for many many years...
Posted by: wuffing, May 2, 2024, 11:26am; Reply: 104
Quoted from Mikey_345

I too have had a very close working relationship with Nestle, for many many years...

Chocolate taster?
Posted by: Mikey_345, May 2, 2024, 12:33pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from wuffing

Chocolate taster?

Exactly 😂
Posted by: Barrattstander, May 2, 2024, 2:11pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from Townforlife
What are our priorities for our new CEO? What off field improvements would we like to see?

Oh dear, didn't Jason and Andrew include you in the briefing of priorities with the new CEO ?

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 2, 2024, 2:12pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from Townforlife

Improving the quality of pre-match scotch eggs!
Posted by: Townforlife, May 2, 2024, 2:36pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from Barrattstander

Oh dear, didn't Jason and Andrew include you in the briefing of priorities with the new CEO ?

Totally left out of the loop!  ;)

Actually just curious what we as fans have as priorities. Apart from Scotch Eggs.
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, May 2, 2024, 3:44pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Mikey_345

Are you the "Milky Bar Kid" ?
Posted by: Mikey_345, May 2, 2024, 3:46pm; Reply: 110

Are you the "Milky Bar Kid" ?

A ‘Yorkie’ I’m afraid mate…
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 2, 2024, 4:33pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
If we’re to be taken seriously by any major investors or sponsors I think a CEO would be vital in influencing the decision to part with £££££.

We've had a CEO for 2 years and wasn't commercial investment down at the last accounts?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 2, 2024, 5:57pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from Garth

Fenty would not have approved I'm sure

We had a Chief Executive under Fenty...
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 2, 2024, 8:35pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from Chrisblor

It’s not that good though is it it’s overlooking the car park.
Posted by: HerveJosse, May 2, 2024, 8:38pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Careful!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 2, 2024, 9:18pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from jamesgtfc

A powerless one
Posted by: forza ivano, May 3, 2024, 8:50am; Reply: 116
Quoted from Townforlife

That would have been a v good question for the podcasr
Posted by: Ruston AT, May 3, 2024, 10:46am; Reply: 117
Quoted from Townforlife

Priorites?  Bring in man Utd fringe players ( except Rashford...he similar to Abo Eisa).
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 3:07am