friskneymariner
September 24, 2017, 8:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Marinerz93

As a non gambler myself I use to wager ten bob to stop it getting silly money, that or pints.

Don't drink so ,we could make it farthings I think I'v got a few kicking about.I was going to heat the up on the gas ring to give to the kids at Halloween.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
Maringer
September 24, 2017, 9:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Birtles, Futcher, Lumpaldinho, Whittle etc etc etc.

Nothing wrong with signing experienced players over 30 if they're good enough. Our current over 30s are all OK, but not much better than that. Much like most of our younger players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
friskneymariner
September 24, 2017, 9:11pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Birtles, Futcher, Lumpaldinho, Whittle etc etc etc.

Nothing wrong with signing experienced players over 30 if they're good enough. Our current over 30s are all OK, but not much better than that. Much like most of our younger players.

But not 6 in one team 7 if you include Dixon.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
September 24, 2017, 9:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
Vernon, Davies,Clarke,Collins,Woolford, McCallister  all probably playing their last season in League football too great a proportion for one team to carry.

Agreed, who was it who said never give a player their last contract? We are absolutely shite, it is a minor miracle we have somehow amassed as many points as we have. Expect our luck to run out any time soon. Jouneyman players seeing out their days. When we go a goal down, we're done. No determination, no drive, very little ability to pass or receive a ball. No pace at the back, no regular goalscorer. No lessons learned, keep that map for the National league clubs. I for one, won't do that again.
Reply: 63 - 68
Maringer
September 24, 2017, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,407
Gold Stars: 184
Why include Dixon, a 30 year old defender? Should have several years left in him at the very least. How old was Macca when he retired?

Woolford is only 31 as well. Hardly Methuselah, is he?

Collins played well last season and was worth another year. Clarke isn't that old either, especially when centre backs tend to go on a bit longer than other outfield players. I wouldn't have kept Davies, however.

I suppose we do have an relatively 'old' defence in the grand scheme of things when Davies is playing, but it's not as ridiculous as some seem to think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
friskneymariner
September 24, 2017, 9:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Why include Dixon, a 30 year old defender? Should have several years left in him at the very least. How old was Macca when he retired?

Woolford is only 31 as well. Hardly Methuselah, is he?

Collins played well last season and was worth another year. Clarke isn't that old either, especially when centre backs tend to go on a bit longer than other outfield players. I wouldn't have kept Davies, however.

I suppose we do have an relatively 'old' defence in the grand scheme of things when Davies is playing, but it's not as ridiculous as some seem to think.

I didn't in my original post,I only mentioned in response to comment re players over 30'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 68
pontoon442
September 24, 2017, 9:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Slades gotta go the Footballs dreadfull to watch, thats why we go to watch football, not be bored to sleep by dross...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
Marinerz93
September 24, 2017, 10:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from friskneymariner

Don't drink so ,we could make it farthings I think I'v got a few kicking about.I was going to heat the up on the gas ring to give to the kids at Halloween.

your mean, you could sneak in some laxatives  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
GrimRob
September 24, 2017, 11:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pontoon442
Slades gotta go the Footballs dreadfull to watch, thats why we go to watch football, not be bored to sleep by dross...

You often see people write that but there is no truth in it whatsoever. The better the team is doing and the higher up the league they are, the more people come. If we won the next ten games at BP, no matter how it was achieved, they'd be turning fans away. If we lost 10 games with entertaining 9 goal thrillers and total football, crowds would plummet!

This isn't anything peculiar to Grimsby either, it's true at every team up and down the land!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SLADEBALL

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.