13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
lowerfindus
September 23, 2017, 5:59pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
1.  Name any of the current playing squad that is showing good form.
2. Name any of the current playing squad showing good confidence.
3. Name the only formation accepted by town fan's.
4. Name the only formation proven to be successful at GTFC.
5. Name the teams current formation.
6. A large percentage of GTFC fans like the ball to be played "on the ......" , fill in the blank.
7. GTFC currently play the ball ........ , complete the sentence.
8. Slades prefered style of play is..?
9. Macca is coming for a cross, what do you do?

Relax he has got this.
Shift uncomfortably in your seat, this is 50/50.
Place your head in your hands, there's a goal for the opposition coming here.  

10.Slade has some budget left over on transfer deadline day and both Glen Downey and Terry Barwick are available. Which player does he spend the non chairman's loose change on?
11. What does the term milky mean?  
12. Alan Buckley suggests to John Tondeur during a routine away defeat at Mansfield that "it doesn't look like the players practice passing in training". Do you think this is ...

Likely.
Very likely.
Unlikely.
Very unlikely.
None of the above.

#utm

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 126
Spatchcock
September 23, 2017, 6:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from sam gy
Why would Slade be going anywhere? We've got a brand new squad and we have inconsistent form (and that includes wins as well as losses). The league has not even begun to settle down and there's every chance we could come good.

At least someone see's sense tonight and takes a pragmatic view on current form. Still early days folks. We'll get a more realistic picture round about December time time were we will see our true form? Two wins on the bounce last week and The Fishy was all lets get behind the team. We lose today and its nothing but point the finger of blame lets get rid of Slade etc....... FFS get a grip you bunch of half glass full tw@ts  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 126
sonofmadeleymariner
September 23, 2017, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Glen Downey, what a player he maybe was assuming he actually existed thats still up for discussion.But that winner against Wrexham was fantastic.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 126
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 23, 2017, 6:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,684
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Spatchcock

At least someone see's sense tonight and takes a pragmatic view on current form. Still early days folks. We'll get a more realistic picture round about December time time were we will see our true form? Two wins on the bounce last week and The Fishy was all lets get behind the team. We lose today and its nothing but point the finger of blame lets get rid of Slade etc....... FFS get a grip you bunch of half glass full tw@ts  

Totally agree that the over reaction to win or loss is unbelievable. Said a few weeks ago that I expect us to have strong second half of the season and still believe that will happen. Yes we need to improve but no outstanding sides in League 2 this year and it will be some time before we can really judge where we will finish.

Personally, think we are not strong enough this year but after 6 years in the Conference I can be patient and accept that it will take time for us to be pushing for automatic promotion but play offs you never know!!!

Either way off for a beer and just hope we win next Saturday so next week's pint tastes that much better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 126
TheCodfather1966
September 23, 2017, 6:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
This current Town team is rubbish, anybody thinks any different and they are deluded.  Have we played one decent game all season !!!  Hoof ball Slade will serve up the same rubbish all season long.  It is no coincidence that this man has never gained a promotion in some 20 seasons in football.  As ever we will put up and shut up and just accept the crap we see week in week out.  I can totally accept all those fans who have chosen to stay away until Fenty leaves the club.  We have no ambition, no direction and no drive.  Our support is dwindling game by game, and a bad home defeat by a very average Lincoln team could be the last straw for many a town fan this season...............

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 126
sam gy
September 23, 2017, 6:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,455
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
This current Town team is rubbish, anybody thinks any different and they are deluded.  Have we played one decent game all season !!!  Hoof ball Slade will serve up the same rubbish all season long.  It is no coincidence that this man has never gained a promotion in some 20 seasons in football.  As ever we will put up and shut up and just accept the crap we see week in week out.  I can totally accept all those fans who have chosen to stay away until Fenty leaves the club.  We have no ambition, no direction and no drive.  Our support is dwindling game by game, and a bad home defeat by a very average Lincoln team could be the last straw for many a town fan this season...............

UTM

Cool.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 126
Spatchcock
September 23, 2017, 6:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
The team isn't rubbish by all means. If it was it would be rubbing shoulders with FGR et al within the bargain basement of teams in this division. Same old excuse, lets blame Fenty, Slade blah blah blah. It's getting beyond boring now. Too many fans keep churning the same old balderdash every week and are so fcukin negative to the extent it boils my pis$. We win some, we lose some and are a club in transition from the Conference.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 126
LH
September 23, 2017, 7:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
How many people are actually happy with the squad we've got and don't think they're rubbish? Genuine question because everyone I've spoken to has said we're average at best.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 126
friskneymariner
September 23, 2017, 7:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,158
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Spatchcock
The team isn't rubbish by all means. If it was it would be rubbing shoulders with FGR et al within the bargain basement of teams in this division. Same old excuse, lets blame Fenty, Slade blah blah blah. It's getting beyond boring now. Too many fans keep churning the same old balderdash every week and are so fcukin negative to the extent it boils my pis$. We win some, we lose some and are a club in transition from the Conference.  

Perhaps might me as a result of the team turning out negative performances,even when we win we are no great shakes.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 126
mariner91
September 23, 2017, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,585
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from LH
How many people are actually happy with the squad we've got and don't think they're rubbish? Genuine question because everyone I've spoken to has said we're average at best.

We've got quantity over quality. The squad is a bit lop-sided and we could do with a couple of attacking players being replaced by defensive ones. Out of the squad, most of them are alright. We don't have many players that are truly terrible that can't get anywhere near the team like we have done in the past (the likes of Terry Barwick, Jermaine Palmer, Damian Spencer, Greg Pearson and Hamish Watson). But then we don't have any really outstanding players either.

We've got a few who I'd happily shift but then we've got a few who are potentially pretty good. Average at best sums us up really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.