Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

This thread currently has 22,314 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
September 24, 2017, 11:08am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,563
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC

But we've been mediocre for most of our history, after all that time in non league, a squad of 4th tier players, a home average gate of around 4,500 (sometimes more sometimes less), limited income from the ground and no mega rich benefactor we where never going to come up and take the league by storm.

We all want better I fully agree but banging on about what did or didn't happen in history won't facilitate that.

......and this is the point. A lot of fans on the Fishy want some benefactor ( whoever it is ) to invest or gift their money into the club so that these fans can watch a successful team, just as long as it costs them nothing in the process.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 133
headingly_mariner
September 24, 2017, 11:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido

......and this is the point. A lot of fans on the Fishy want some benefactor ( whoever it is ) to invest or gift their money into the club so that these fans can watch a successful team, just as long as it costs them nothing in the process.

I don't think that's it at all. I'm happy with the club living within it's  means. I just don't want it to be a rich man's ball that he can take home whenever he wants.

The problems at Town are not neccessarily about funding. They are about the way the fans are treated, regular gaffes in the media and a complete lack of transparency and accountability. The benign loans burden the club and completely destroy any possibility of a change in administration.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 133
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2017, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I don't think that's it at all. I'm happy with the club living within it's  means. I just don't want it to be a rich man's ball that he can take home whenever he wants.

The problems at Town are not neccessarily about funding. They are about the way the fans are treated, regular gaffes in the media and a complete lack of transparency and accountability. The benign loans burden the club and completely destroy any possibility of a change in administration.

I think also it is a human trait to get tired of the same set up year after year. Each manager comes and goes, but we know in our heart of hearts he will be bound by the same deficiencies surrounding the club as the previous manager. Things just go stale; it is a very difficult thing to really modernise or galvanise a club from within after a long period of stagnation bar one promotion via the play offs from a division we should never have been in.

We don't even seem to have the option of inward investment whilst the current regime hold sway, working in partnership; nor are we a viable club for a consortium to buy it because of the loans.

Mr. Fenty is committed to the new stadium, and heavily involved in it, so until that is built we are stuck. If the stadium is again derailed and doesn't happen then some way will have to be found to have a new broom.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 133
Ahh Sole
September 24, 2017, 12:40pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I think these are key points. In addition, the lack of information regarding stadium progress is beginning to be a concern. If the plan is to wait for, and I quote 'a bit of footballing fortune' then it's not much of a plan at all. A transparent and coherent plan for the future of GTFC? It would be nice to know that even exists.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 133
Marinerz93
September 24, 2017, 1:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Please this is not a pop at you mate by any means but why ...

1 Are you pursing this?

2 What do you expect the outcome to be?

I think we all know dissenters on the fishy will not get rid of John Fenty

I appreciate the question and hold your question as intended with nothing against me.

1. The question of Parkers extra share holding which caused article 9 has never been answered by the board and although Parker left the board, a once in a lifetime investor not only his money but his invaluable experience that would benefit the club has been left out in the cold. Why block further gifts of shares from Parker to the trust, it seems controlling or spiteful. Why didn't JF do what was promised in shares because if he matched Parker there would be no article 9 and no fall out. Why there are no new investors after the Mullens, what do we have to do wait for further lottery winners. It's JF's job to bring in new investment were is it?

2. I expect the question will never be answered because if it is at least one person stands to lose face in a major way. Again look at the time lines and what followed after. I want people to take responsibility for their actions and be honest and stop making the club look non league in it's dealings. We all make mistakes in life, I would rather back someone who admits a mistake and then does their utmost to correct it, not blame others then look for a fall guy.

I want someone who can take the club forward and that's clearly not Fenty, it seems no one with money wants to work with him and people outside the club aren't keen to help him succeed either.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 133
Marinerz93
September 24, 2017, 1:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido

I recall that but it seemed , at the time ,to allude to Board Members ,other than JF , who weren't prepared to match his investment. Everyone seems to forget that the Board had other members at the time who could have invested money into the club.
As a point of interest since I've been supporting GTFC ( mid 1960's ) I can't recall any Board Members or Chairmen who have been prepared to gift the club money or invest the kind of amounts that JF has. In fact I recall one grosser member who wanted his substantial loans paying back immediately after a fall out with his fellow board members even if meant the club being put in serious financial difficulties.

The second question to the first part if they made promises why weren't they held to account before Parker made it clear he would leave the board because of said broken promises. Promises should either have been kept or people are sacked from the boardroom, Parker is worth more than the other directors alone and certainly invested more in shares than the others combined. Who do you want beside you in the trenches, someone with an arsenal or someone with a tooth pick.

It was Ramsden who wanted his money back after JF took over and if you are looking at investment against, look at the time period Parker invested far more than Fenty did in such a short time, Fenty has saddled the club with benign loans through his own dealings with managers over 15 years.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2017, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Marinerz93

I appreciate the question and hold your question as intended with nothing against me.

1. The question of Parkers extra share holding which caused article 9 has never been answered by the board and although Parker left the board, a once in a lifetime investor not only his money but his invaluable experience that would benefit the club has been left out in the cold. Why block further gifts of shares from Parker to the trust, it seems controlling or spiteful. Why didn't JF do what was promised in shares because if he matched Parker there would be no article 9 and no fall out. Why there are no new investors after the Mullens, what do we have to do wait for further lottery winners. It's JF's job to bring in new investment were is it?

2. I expect the question will never be answered because if it is at least one person stands to lose face in a major way. Again look at the time lines and what followed after. I want people to take responsibility for their actions and be honest and stop making the club look non league in it's dealings. We all make mistakes in life, I would rather back someone who admits a mistake and then does their utmost to correct it, not blame others then look for a fall guy.

I want someone who can take the club forward and that's clearly not Fenty, it seems no one with money wants to work with him and people outside the club aren't keen to help him succeed either.

Cheers for the reply, regardless of who is to blame and how we ended up where we are I do agree that any decent forward momentum looks unlikely at the moment.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 133
Squarkus
September 24, 2017, 6:17pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Marinerz93

Parker left the board because as he stated certain promises weren't kept, which was reported at the time when he was interviewed, who failed to honour those promises? Why did it take article 9 a few months to become an issue and not soon as Parker increased his share holding.

After he left the club Parker then invested the amount both he and JF publically agreed to invest, which was £500k,  Parker did this by increasing his shares which had to be agreed by the board which included John. So it has everything to do with JF, and where is the proof JF matched the £500k before Parker had to engineer his way out of the corner he had been put in.

I suggest you go back and look at the time line, the biggest question out of all the shares fiasco is a simple one, why didn't JF just match Parkers shares increase? If what was promised to Parker was honoured do you think he would have left? Why did JF put a covenant on the trust not accepting any more shares from Parker?

What part of the JF circle are you?

Your trawling old excrement that serves no purpose, MP is not at the club, JF has shares, loans and more important has the club at heart, if you had to pay him an hourly rate for what he does within the club and always has done the club couldn't afford him, the lad is a genious, he keeps antiquated heating systems working, changes light bulbs in the stantions, digs boar holes for irrigation at the training ground, he has also done all the facilities at wintringham all for free ( just to keep the bill down) these facilities are second to none and really fit for purpose for up and coming future footballers girls and boys, the circle my friend is most defianatly JF as I look at the full picture, what part of the MP circle are you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 133
pontoonlew
September 24, 2017, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,982
Gold Stars: 171
I bet Johns wishing that we'd not made an average (but not disastrous) start to the season, that way people might have saved this for another day.

As is The Fishy though, we sit in our expected position of mid-table and the lynch mob stands outside of the boardroom.

If you could answer a few of the questions whilst we're at it so we can clear some of it up now before there's a backlog of threads next week on the appointment of Neil Woods and questions around Barry Conlons drinking habits.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 133
Squarkus
September 24, 2017, 6:38pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
[quote=140205]

There are still bits of information that remain unclear for sure but it's time we moved on. That said - I would like a plan that had a bit more substance than 'fingers crossed'.[/quote
Not really bothered about any information, it all get out of context all I want is football fortune and I believe that it will come fingers crossed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.