Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

This thread currently has 22,170 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2017, 6:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
History repeats itself. The first time as tragedy. The second time as farce.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2017, 6:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
I am not sure why people are still banging on about this? What does it prove in reality and more importantly what will labouring this actually achieve.

I know it's a message board but I am not sure it's a "fair fight" as JF has waived his right to aonimity whilst others still sit behind their usernames.

We are arguing about history whilst our rivals appear to move forward - what does that make us look like?

I just recall at one stadium meeting someone called JF "a crook" my dad (who's a bit of a nimby tbh) put that idiot right and stuck up for John. Reading some posts it feels a bit like that at the moment

People are demanding answers but in reality as it's a confidential business matter have we really got a right to an answer?

This topic is achieving nothing.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 133
Ahh Sole
September 23, 2017, 7:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I am not sure why people are still banging on about this? What does it prove in reality and more importantly what will labouring this actually achieve.

I know it's a message board but I am not sure it's a "fair fight" as JF has waived his right to aonimity whilst others still sit behind their usernames.

We are arguing about history whilst our rivals appear to move forward - what does that make us look like?

I just recall at one stadium meeting someone called JF "a crook" my dad (who's a bit of a nimby tbh) put that idiot right it and stuck up for John. Reading some posts it feels a bit like that at the moment

People are demanding answers but in reality as it's a confidential business matter have we really got a right to an answer?

Who is the OP?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 133
friskneymariner
September 23, 2017, 7:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from fleabag1970
Move on ? .  We can learn from history . That's why Time Team was such a huge success

Just like the Americans did from Vietnam.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 133
KingstonMariner
September 23, 2017, 7:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I just recall at one stadium meeting someone called JF "a crook" my dad (who's a bit of a nimby tbh) put that idiot right it and stuck up for John. Reading some posts it feels a bit like that at the moment

Firstly, it's not a confidential matter to members of the Trust (all collectively shareholders in the company) and individual shareholders in the company. If one shareholder (the Trust) gives away a significant shareholding (£200,000 worth) to another shareholder, no matter when it happened it still remains a relevant and live subject as what happened (whichever version you accept) reflects on the parties involved, and that matters for the future governance of the company and the club.

Secondly, if people took the attitude that we have no right to an answer, they're accepting that they have no interest in Grimsby Town Football Club other than as an entertainment business with which they have a purely transactional relationship. Once you reach that stage many more will simply stop going as often it's poor value purely on the entertainment level. But of course it means much more than that to most of us.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2017, 7:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ahh Sole

Who is the OP?

Ha ha ha ha ........ flaw in my argument and english spotted!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 133
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2017, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Firstly, it's not a confidential matter to members of the Trust (all collectively shareholders in the company) and individual shareholders in the company. If one shareholder (the Trust) gives away a significant shareholding (£200,000 worth) to another shareholder, no matter when it happened it still remains a relevant and live subject as what happened (whichever version you accept) reflects on the parties involved, and that matters for the future governance of the company and the club.

Secondly, if people took the attitude that we have no right to an answer, they're accepting that they have no interest in Grimsby Town Football Club other than as an entertainment business with which they have a purely transactional relationship. Once you reach that stage many more will simply stop going as often it's poor value purely on the entertainment level. But of course it means much more than that to most of us.

Fair point KM but are the people hounding for an answer trust members? Also I can't see how other than just I'll will this effects the governance of the company/club. Then again I work in. JV business and it's a fukin nightmare when partners on boards don't get on.

I am not sure about the constitution of the club but if it's that much of a burning issue impacting on the future surely someone should raise it as a question at the AGM?

Feels to me from the outside looking in that both parties have spun this at times to suit their agendas, but that's club politics I suppose.

Ironically it's funny what hindsight tells you, looking at his career and all the time on the treatment table if we had sold Hearn it might have been better, just saying.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 133
forza ivano
September 23, 2017, 8:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
FFS. Getyourfactsright comes on here and posts some stuff about shares. Never even mentions what we all care about I.e. the current flask policy
Get it sorted jf!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 133
Squarkus
September 23, 2017, 8:53pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from Marinerz93

There seems to be spin or twisting as you seem to call it.

Both you and Parker agreed to fund the club £500K after Parker stated that benign loans are bad for the books, and attracting new investors.

Why did you and the board allow Parker to buy £500K worth of shares and then not match it as you had already agreed to match Parkers investment. By allowing Parker to have more shares meant Article 9 came into force, are you telling us that you wasn't aware of the rules regarding shareholding.

Parker showed his business skills when he gifted the trust £500k worth of shares, because this meant he wasn't forced to buy your shares or have the club without it's assets. Why did you put a covenant on the trust not to accept any more shares from Mike Parker.

Please set the record straight because the shares fiasco will rumble on, if you matched MP the trust would never had the shares and control would still have been in then boardroom. Genuine fans would like it as it was with no spin.

Are you for real, Parker saved himself a few million, he became the majority shareholder because he wanted to, he was a new investor for our great club, when he moved on for his own reasons, nothing  to do with Fenty , Fenty was left with the baby and did not ask for anything from the trust or anyone for that matter, other people came up with a reasonable scenario that suited him to move the club forward, who would invest in something that someone else controls, and when you say match MP, He had already done that and more, MP is not at the club because of Fenty, he has said that himself publicly, so my mush there really isn't a record to put straight, to do what he did was just not in the best interest of the club, with his business skills why did he allow himself to have (A) more shares than anyone else and become the majority sharholder and(B) his advisors give him the only solution to get out of the situation he put himself in when things did not suit him, so please stop trawling crap there is no spin to have, what we need is football fortune fingers crossed, a new stadium and better results than today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 133
Ahh Sole
September 23, 2017, 9:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from Squarkus

Are you for real, Parker saved himself a few million, he became the majority shareholder because he wanted to, he was a new investor for our great club, when he moved on for his own reasons, nothing  to do with Fenty , Fenty was left with the baby and did not ask for anything from the trust or anyone for that matter, other people came up with a reasonable scenario that suited him to move the club forward, who would invest in something that someone else controls, and when you say match MP, He had already done that and more, MP is not at the club because of Fenty, he has said that himself publicly, so my mush there really isn't a record to put straight, to do what he did was just not in the best interest of the club, with his business skills why did he allow himself to have (A) more shares than anyone else and become the majority sharholder and(B) his advisors give him the only solution to get out of the situation he put himself in when things did not suit him, so please stop trawling crap there is no spin to have, what we need is football fortune fingers crossed, a new stadium and better results than today.

There are still bits of information that remain unclear for sure but it's time we moved on. That said - I would like a plan that had a bit more substance than 'fingers crossed'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Record Straight of the Trust Share Proposal

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.