September 21, 2017, 7:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
I wouldn't worry about it mate.
We will never move to a new stadium.
Town will be at BP until Fenty finally kills the club.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
mimma
September 21, 2017, 8:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
The Bristol Rovers Plan collapsed after Sainsburys pulled out of being the anchor tenant.

What makes the Peakes Parkway plan attractive is that Town don't have to buy the land. The holding company buy it and rent it to Town for a peppercorn rent. They build their houses on the rest of the plot.

If we were to build on Garth Lane we would have to buy the land to build on it since it isn't a big enough plot for a housing company to build enough houses to make it viable. The cost of the land pushes it out of our reach..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
ginnywings
September 21, 2017, 8:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I also think that the council are selling the land at a more favourable price than ABP will be selling theirs. I think it's PP or bust myself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
Southwark Mariner
September 21, 2017, 8:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from ginnywings
I also think that the council are selling the land at a more favourable price than ABP will be selling theirs. I think it's PP or bust myself.

I think the council should get some shares out of it. Little value now but if the club does become successful the council should get some payback.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
ginnywings
September 21, 2017, 9:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I think the council should get some shares out of it. Little value now but if the club does become successful the council should get some payback.

The council will benefit from the initial influx of cash, get some much needed housing stock into the area, and of course, hundreds of houses chucking in at least a grand or more each in council tax.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
KingstonMariner
September 21, 2017, 10:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

You missed out that we got the planning permission to build at Great Coates and it was the club /JF that decided not to pursue that site and look elsewhere instead......all previous hold ups where as a result of the due process that the council had to follow.

Again...it always comes back to the fact that WE DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY to move ourselves, we are over reliant on an enabling development / partners to make it happen.

Have the historical councils been previously pro active?... no i dont think they have....the current council set up seems to have been more helpful with the PP site though.

Personally i cannot believe that the council and other agencies couldnt be brought together to raise a case for the development of the East Marsh/Freeman St area.When you have one of the UK's highest ranking  areas of deprivation then surely external funding could be tapped in to redevelop the whole area alongside a "community stadium".  Timescales would probably be the downside to this but then again.....1988 was it that we started considering moving ??

It wasn't that. It was the owner of the land decided he/it (think it was some sort of estate)  no longer wanted to sell the land to be used as a football stadium.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
KingstonMariner
September 21, 2017, 10:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The longer it goes on, and the lack of information just sums the whole farce up. We can't redevelop BP so it's a non brainer, we have to move.

At this rate, we'll be calling ch4 up for a one off programme of stadium relocation relocation relocation

Or the worst ever episode of Grand Designs. The one that gets stuck in an endless loop of planning problems, followed by the money running out, followed by new planning problems......

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
Maringer
September 22, 2017, 7:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Grand Designs tends to follow people with loadsamoney on an ego trip. Not something our club is guilty of in general.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
Mrs Doyle
September 22, 2017, 8:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It wasn't that. It was the owner of the land decided he/it (think it was some sort of estate)  no longer wanted to sell the land to be used as a football stadium.

Sutton Estates if memory serves me correctly, the Natural England group also lodged a concern about wild life.

Peaks parkway seems to be the best viable option.

Garth lane would mean away fans coming into the town centre via Alexander Road not ideal and the other way Deansgate Bridge is a nightmare on Saturday afternoons as it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
cannylad68
September 22, 2017, 8:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Until I read the thread, I thought we had just signed another midfielder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Garth Lane

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.