12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
londonmariner2
September 19, 2017, 11:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
I won't be investing my money in the club when i win the euromillions lottery.
Think of all the abuse you would get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 11:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from londonmariner2
I won't be investing my money in the club when i win the euromillions lottery.
Think of all the abuse you would get.

What if we start the abuse now just in case you win? That way there'd be nothing to lose by investing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 113
Mrs Doyle
September 20, 2017, 5:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I doubt he's a true fan, I believe that he was a businessman hoping to board a gravy train, when that train derailed and crashed with ITV digital, he's now waiting for the right opportunity to recoup his losses, in the form of the Fentydome.  

No hated of the man, not that I particularly like him and believe we need to find a way forward without him at the helm.

Lol this thread gets even dafter NOT A TRUE FAN??? not many gravy trains at our level.Please explain what a TRUE FAN IS THEN lol

I tell you now I have supported town over fifty years and if I won a couple of million would not risk investing such a large amount in any football club it is dead money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 113
Cloudy
September 20, 2017, 6:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Storm in a tea cup, an over reaction by many imo

Seen plenty of criticism of JF on here and it has surfaced more of late, but abuse? Really?

Don't think anyone can claim JF. and his family, are not true supporters ( whatever true means?) but the so called 'abuse' comes from both sides. For me they have every right to defend their views just as much as those who criticise have. ( and they have been doing so)

We see things differently, that is healthy but some are so defensive of their position that they deem themselves above criticism. Criticism isn't abuse but some are more sensitive than others!

By the way there is a match on Saturday- I' m going for our first draw!
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 113
lukeo
September 20, 2017, 6:54am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,373
Gold Stars: 145
Personal abuse is wrong, people can have their own opinions and if people feel like we need a new person at the helm or a new owner then they're free to share their views and feelings, but personal attacks isnt the way to go about it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 113
TheRealJohnLewis
September 20, 2017, 6:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Lol this thread gets even dafter NOT A TRUE FAN??? not many gravy trains at our level.Please explain what a TRUE FAN IS THEN lol

I tell you now I have supported town over fifty years and if I won a couple of million would not risk investing such a large amount in any football club it is dead money.

I refer you to my original post, google ITV Digital collapse if you must, at that point in time in football the £350 mill odd being pumped into football was a gravy train in my eyes. We were Championship equivalent at the time, not Lge 2. How much was Zhang Enhua on a week? £20k a week! £30k a week!

Ok I'll retract slightly on the True fan part, he might have been a fan around and before the time he started his investing.  The decision to invest in the club wouldn't have been based on his love for the club, it would have been a business decision. I certainly don't see him as a fan now, if he was he wouldn't have voted the way he did in the B teams vote.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 113
headingly_mariner
September 20, 2017, 7:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113

I doubt he's a true fan, I believe that he was a businessman hoping to board a gravy train, when that train derailed and crashed with ITV digital, he's now waiting for the right opportunity to recoup his losses, in the form of the Fentydome.  

No hated of the man, not that I particularly like him and believe we need to find a way forward without him at the helm.

Nah can't see that. I'm critical of him but I'm sure he's a fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 113
HertsGTFC
September 20, 2017, 7:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I think if you started reading this thread from top to bottom you would be worried about what goes on in people minds, come on folks we are better than the content of this thread suggests ""where all Town aren't we"?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 113
LondonMariner43
September 20, 2017, 7:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
This thread pretty much sums up why I can't be bothered spending much time on here after 8 years of regular posting.  Strangely, it was a better place when we were in non league because maybe whatever the differences, we could unite around a common goal.  If we become established as a L2, despite that being what everyone wanted, that unity dissolves into dissatisfaction that we aren't in the champions league.  If you want s club backed by a sugar daddy with no interest in the club and its heritage, there are plenty around.  There's also plenty of examples of clubs who got relegated out of the league and gone to oblivion.  

I've followed Town for 40 years and there been periods where we have done amazingly well but being realistic, I'd say we are doing ok right now and we will probably have our best season since we had that guy with the cap as manager ... no what was his name?

Final post on this thread.  Possibly final post on the Fishy.  Enjoy your bickering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 113
mariner91
September 20, 2017, 7:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,621
Gold Stars: 260

I refer you to my original post, google ITV Digital collapse if you must, at that point in time in football the £350 mill odd being pumped into football was a gravy train in my eyes. We were Championship equivalent at the time, not Lge 2. How much was Zhang Enhua on a week? £20k a week! £30k a week!

Ok I'll retract slightly on the True fan part, he might have been a fan around and before the time he started his investing.  The decision to invest in the club wouldn't have been based on his love for the club, it would have been a business decision. I certainly don't see him as a fan now, if he was he wouldn't have voted the way he did in the B teams vote.

He was on 10K a week. As if Fenty thought he could swan into the club and make off with a load of the ITV digital money  . If those were his true intentions why didn't he just piss off the second they went belly up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Purpose of The Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.