12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
geir
September 19, 2017, 4:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Any discussion should, as far as possible, be factual.
Personal attacks are never ok.

So if someone is of the opinion that Mr. Fenty need to step down as a majority shareholder of this club, it is OK to argue for it in this forum.
But I expect you to give me a good reason why this should be so. How this could be done in a matter that would ensure the clubs survival, and why Mr. Fenty even would consider stepping down from his role as a fan and benefactor?
What guarantees do we have that someone else would come in and run the club in a "better" way? Do the fans even agree what a "better" way is?

Just asking...

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 113
Marinerz93
September 19, 2017, 4:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The purpose of the fishy is a forum, the clue is in the name Fishy Forum, a Forum is a website or web page where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings as well as adding hilarious pictures and animated Gifs. Hope this helps.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8cxSPSV.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 113
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
The reason I raised this is because the top banner on the site says 'The Independent Grimsby Town Site'. It's hardly independent if the owner of the largest shareholding in the club can come on this site and effectively censor someone for having an opinion he doesn't agree with. Admittedly, starting a thread with the title 'Fenty Family' is not terribly discreet but, if we, as paying fans are not allowed to have an independent opinion on an independent site then we might as well support Pyongyang United.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 113
devs
September 19, 2017, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
Stop the bitterness towards John Fenty full stop
Express your views in a reasonable and coherent manner (bit of an ask for a few on here) and no one can have any complaints - it's a forum where everyone has an opinion
But the bile and hostility levelled at him over the years has been a disgrace

He's a millionaire fan (a true fan as well - look at the scenes when we won the play off final v FGR) who has made mistakes but without his cash who knows where we might be

I work in the media and I can confirm a lot of what has been written IS libellous and defamatory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 113
Bigdog
September 19, 2017, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from devs
Express your views in a reasonable and coherent manner (bit of an ask for a few on here) and no one can have any complaints - it's a forum where everyone has an opinion

He's a millionaire fan (a true fan as well - look at the scenes when we won the play off final v FGR) who has made mistakes but without his cash who knows where we might be

I work in the media and I can confirm a lot of what has been written IS libellous and defamatory

If people want to feel bitter about how one man has overseen the worst period in the club's history it's their prerogative and shouldn't be told by anyone in the free world to stop.

Your post itself is pretty hostile.

After all this time we might have been Darlington or we might have been Burton, who knows?

Libel And Opinion

Such terms represent what is called "pure opinions" because they can't be proven true or false. As a result, they cannot form the basis for a defamation claim. This is not to say that every statement of opinion is protected. If a statement implies some false underlying facts, it could be defamatory.

Having read the vast majority of the posts which are personal opinions on the subject, coupled with lack of transparency at the club leading to speculation, I think you're over-egging it a fair bit. I'm all for a bit of decency in a debate, one or two isolated posts are as you say, but overall I think your post is either misguided or adding fuel to the fire..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 113
pizzzza
September 19, 2017, 6:02pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,662
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from devs
without his cash who knows where we might be

Indeed....

We can all dream can't we?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 113
MarinerWY
September 19, 2017, 6:07pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,946
Gold Stars: 45
Whatever people think of Fenty if they think he isn't a true fan of the club they're obviously blinded by their hate.

Regarding pro and anti Fenty, do we have to fit in one of those camps? Whatever happened to nuance?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 113
grimsby pete
September 19, 2017, 6:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from MuddyWaters
The reason I raised this is because the top banner on the site says 'The Independent Grimsby Town Site'. It's hardly independent if the owner of the largest shareholding in the club can come on this site and effectively censor someone for having an opinion he doesn't agree with. Admittedly, starting a thread with the title 'Fenty Family' is not terribly discreet but, if we, as paying fans are not allowed to have an independent opinion on an independent site then we might as well support Pyongyang United.

I have not been told or asked to be quiet on here and I am free to say what I think is true,

BUT

Having spoke to John on the phone I can see both sides and I understand certain things could be upsetting if the same thing was said to me.

So whatever anybody thinks of John I can say he is very approachable and is willing to talk to any fan,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 113
moosey_club
September 19, 2017, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have not been told or asked to be quiet on here and I am free to say what I think is true,

BUT

Having spoke to John on the phone I can see both sides and I understand certain things could be upsetting if the same thing was said to me.

So whatever anybody thinks of John I can say he is very approachable and is willing to talk to any fan,

beep...beep ...beep ....Pete reversing ....beep ....beep...beep....Pete reversing  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 113
lew chaterleys lover
September 19, 2017, 6:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from devs

As chairman (or non chairman) of any football league (or indeed non league club) you will get pilloried when it goes badly, and receive accolades when things go right.

OK, there hasn't been many accolades, but John Fenty is big enough to understand the trials and tribulations of the job and that will inevitably include severe criticism of him personally when things are not going well.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Purpose of The Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.