Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club youtube video ~(How We Were Promoted)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Club youtube video ~(How We Were Promoted)

This thread currently has 24,199 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
June 6, 2016, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,626
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from barralad

At the time I didn't realise the keeper had got anything on it. From the camera angle it was a goal all the way. You have to say it was an unbelievable save...

I was stood very slightly to the left of the goal and was right behind the trajectory of the shot. I thought it was a goal, I was celebrating and then out of nowhere he got the slightest touch on it. One of the best saves I've ever seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
jaymariner
June 6, 2016, 6:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
I will admit that I was part of the support that didn't give us much chance in the second leg, I knew we had a great squad capable of winning any game but being through the last 14 years with town and losing the first leg 1-0 I guess it just felt like it was going to be another disappointment but gladly I was proved wrong and after that I just knew we would win at Wembley
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
Mrs Doyle
June 6, 2016, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Apart from that drastic blunder when Boggs bravely nodded in the winner that Braintree keeper made some superb saves the one from a vicious Arnold shot was a good one but that Boggs one was world class. Could do a lot worse than sign him as competition for Macca being part time should not cost a lot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
Hagrid
June 6, 2016, 7:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Braintree away was a fantastic day, coming home you just knew we would win at wembley. Seen myself half a dozen times through the video, expression different every time, typical town though, anguish to joy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
Posh Harry
June 6, 2016, 7:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,358
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Apart from that drastic blunder when Boggs bravely nodded in the winner that Braintree keeper made some superb saves the one from a vicious Arnold shot was a good one but that Boggs one was world class. Could do a lot worse than sign him as competition for Macca being part time should not cost a lot.

I think he was on loan from somewhere (reading maybe?) so will already be full time and probably paid a decent whack
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
JMT
June 7, 2016, 10:29am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Posh Harry

I think he was on loan from somewhere (reading maybe?) so will already be full time and probably paid a decent whack

believe it was Millwall pal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
Posh Harry
June 7, 2016, 12:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,358
Gold Stars: 35
Cheers jmt
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
N2K
June 8, 2016, 1:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +466
Gold Stars: 1
I have no embarrassment in admitting that I was in tears after Arnold's goal and every time I watch that video, I get goosebumps. Braintree away and Wembley will stay with me till the day I die and I can't even watch the videos of the goal without getting a bit teary. Shows what a fantastic club we are. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
Mrs Doyle
June 8, 2016, 11:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Love Dave moores arms folded laid back smile while there all going mental lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
kamakazebear
June 9, 2016, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +469
I'm enjoying the fact that every single goal had a hint of luck/bad keeping to it. A poorly hit penalty, Braintree keeper coming out and being stranded, same again with the forest green in first, then an awful parry for the second followed by a lucky deflection for the third. Just nice to finally have the gods on our side after all these years and finally have a bit of luck, it was clearly fate.

Not to detract anything from the performance, we were head and shoulders above Braintree in the second leg and FGR!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club youtube video ~(How We Were Promoted)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.