Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club youtube video ~(How We Were Promoted)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 30 Guests

Club youtube video ~(How We Were Promoted)

This thread currently has 24,095 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
June 3, 2016, 12:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Superb video. I felt utterly dejected after that home tie with Braintree and couldn't see a way to progress for us. It was apparent though from the second leg that the pressure got to Braintree. For the first time in the season, they were expected to win and had a big crowd by their standards. They couldn't handle it and went to pieces.

I was quietly confident that we would beat FGR in the final but it was still a massive relief and outpouring of 6 years of frustration when that Arnold goal went in. Don't think i've ever seen so many grown men crying at once.

It's only football.........................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
MuddyWaters
June 3, 2016, 12:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Love it. My lad has watched the re-run virtually every day for the last two and a half weeks!!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
Mrs Doyle
June 3, 2016, 8:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Don't mind admitting it got me seeing Dis in despair and then in ecstasy very emotional what a superb video.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
June 3, 2016, 8:36pm
Guest User
Had tears rolling down my face by the end of this. Upset me seeing Gregor and Craig Clay too, only a short time ago. They are heroes and that squad will always be remembered as legends.
Reply: 23 - 61
cod_head_doug
June 3, 2016, 8:51pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 3
I admit to being very emotional watching this excellent video, but how I would have loved my Dad and my mate Colin to see us get promoted, sadly both have passed away whilst we have been in the football wilderness.

Bobby Cummings is my hero ! The main reason I am a Cod Head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
Marinerz93
June 3, 2016, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Haven't welled up so much since watching the film The Champ, great stuff, I'm just glad they didn't put the downfall first then how we got promoted, because I would be crying like a little girl.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Theimperialcoroner
June 3, 2016, 10:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Yeah, roaring again.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
Posh Harry
June 4, 2016, 5:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Brilliant emotive music behind brilliant scenes. As with others, lump in my throat time.

Also, congratulations to the PR people at the club. They often get a tough time on here (and rightly so on some occasions) but credit where credit is due, this is excellent stuff. More please!

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
Rick12
June 4, 2016, 7:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Les Brechin
Great video

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
Rick12
June 4, 2016, 7:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from cod_head_doug
I admit to being very emotional watching this excellent video, but how I would have loved my Dad and my mate Colin to see us get promoted, sadly both have passed away whilst we have been in the football wilderness.
Hopefully looking down on us from above

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Club youtube video ~(How We Were Promoted)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.