Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 21, 2024, 12:26pm
Hell of a lot of rumours flying around based on teams competing in the NL playoffs that some of them may be removed from the playoffs after Tommy Widdrington suggested so in his post match interview yesterday. I've heard Bromley/Gateshead as one of the teams that could be removed due to the grounds not meeting EFL regulations. Not sure i've ever seen anything like it in my life and if ever we needed a reminder of how important it was that we didn't fall back into that cesspit.
Posted by: marinerjase, April 21, 2024, 1:32pm; Reply: 1
Gateshead ruled out..Solihull have got a bye to the semi finals
Posted by: moosey_club, April 21, 2024, 1:39pm; Reply: 2
Gateshead Council blamed as they wouldn't agree or confirm a ten yr lease on the stadium with the football club.....therefore against EFL requirements.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 21, 2024, 1:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from marinerjase
Gateshead ruled out..Solihull have got a bye to the semi finals

Odd that a team gets a bye instead of the team directly below the play offs not being bumped up, tin pot.
Posted by: 800 (Guest), April 21, 2024, 2:17pm; Reply: 4
I remember Gateshead complicating our fixtures by their inability to get a game on costing me a series of unused advance rail tickets.

I'm glad they are missing out. I don't want them to resume our supposed rivalry which existed purely in their own heads, or heids.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 21, 2024, 5:10pm; Reply: 5
So in another turn of events, Solihull were originally given the bye but it's now Altrincham given the bye and Solihull now play Halifax....
Posted by: TonySmith, April 21, 2024, 6:00pm; Reply: 6
What a crazy situation! I have no feelings about Gateshead one way or another, but I do feel bad for their staff, players, and fans. All that work and effort to get into the playoffs with a place in the football league to fight for, and then this gets thrown at them!
Posted by: GrimRob, April 21, 2024, 6:38pm; Reply: 7
Should never have gone down to the wire like this. There is no time at all in between the last game and the the fixtures being drawn up. Problem is if gateshead are in the same position next year. If they win the league only one team goes up.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 21, 2024, 6:49pm; Reply: 8
Insane to get themselves into this position, surely they must have been aware of this issue for some time?
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 21, 2024, 6:51pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
So in another turn of events, Solihull were originally given the bye but it's now Altrincham given the bye and Solihull now play Halifax....

You are joking, surely?!!!
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, April 21, 2024, 7:15pm; Reply: 10
Okay so now another turn of events, the original issue was apparently down to the council not being able to say to the EFL that Gateshead would be playing at the stadium for the next 10 years. The council have now come out and refuted that claim and there's a chance Gateshead get re-instated... what a fooking mess
Posted by: crusty ole pie, April 21, 2024, 7:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Okay so now another turn of events, the original issue was apparently down to the council not being able to say to the EFL that Gateshead would be playing at the stadium for the next 10 years. The council have now come out and refuted that claim and there's a chance Gateshead get re-instated... what a fooking mess

There’s a bloody good stadium at Darlington going to waste
Posted by: MarinerDevil, April 21, 2024, 7:24pm; Reply: 12
The word is that the council are trying to sell the stadium which is why they couldn't/wouldn't grant the club a 10 year security of tenure, which is required by EFL regulations. Maybe the council have relented after the uproar?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 21, 2024, 7:27pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

FFS this fiasco is what we nearly had to go back to…JS and AP should note and write a bigger cheque…never again…

Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 21, 2024, 7:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Heisenberg

You are joking, surely?!!!

He’s not. Definitely a tin pot league.
Posted by: Poojah, April 21, 2024, 8:11pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s not. Definitely a tin pot league.

It’s funny, because I came here to say what classic tinpottery it was from the National League to award Solihull, who finished 5th, the bye, whilst Altrincham, who finished 4th by virtue of a win on the last day of the season, still had to play their eliminator game, only for them to outdo themselves by overruling their original rash decision and statement.

I mean, they got there in the end, but this is yet another fantastic illustration of them not having a scooby fúcking doo what they’re doing.  
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 21, 2024, 9:27pm; Reply: 16
It’s none of our business for at least 12 months, but just how many member ups does it take to get sacked as part of the National League administration higherarchy?
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 4:10am