Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Poojah, March 1, 2024, 11:56am
What a difference a year makes, eh?

Tweet 1763509759167082749 will appear here...
Posted by: Plankton, March 1, 2024, 12:17pm; Reply: 1
We've squandered it all.
Posted by: DB, March 1, 2024, 12:26pm; Reply: 2
It was a season to enjoy, regretably we are now back to the norm.
Posted by: wuffing, March 1, 2024, 12:27pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Poojah
What a difference a year makes, eh?

Tweet 1763509759167082749 will appear here...

Bigger game than this tomorrow!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 1, 2024, 1:31pm; Reply: 4
Some people seem depressed looking back but to me it's a reminder that this is what football is like. We have had some sensational moments in the previous two seasons. This one is dogshit but you can't realistically expect games like Southampton, Wrexham, Notts County every season.

Most of supporting Town is excrement. This season definitely is. But there will be great times again it's just how quickly they come along.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 1, 2024, 4:27pm; Reply: 5
Still surreal to me...First time I have ever been at a game that has been so influenced throughout by VAR.....
Although i was at the Palace game the VAR seemed like a simple one off decision that you could kind of interpret as it was close to us.......at Southampton I was scratching my head as to why we had been given both penalties, seemed so odd being 2-0 up without really knowing why.
Shell-shocked.

Posted by: wuffing, March 1, 2024, 6:11pm; Reply: 6
Wonderful day/night out. The singing in Yates pub beforehand was memorable. Bumping into old mates with their retro tops on and the general tempo/feel of it all, brilliant. Thanks Town...
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 1, 2024, 7:03pm; Reply: 7
I had a fabulous time. A great experience and adventure.
Memories that will last a life time. Two amazing seasons back to back.
Posted by: Mappers, March 1, 2024, 7:39pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from wuffing
Wonderful day/night out. The singing in Yates pub beforehand was memorable. Bumping into old mates with their retro tops on and the general tempo/feel of it all, brilliant. Thanks Town...

I work with loads of Portsmouth fans , their reaction the day after was funny they loved it .

I went in the spoons in Southampton and the takeover of Town fans was brilliant , their regulars didn't know what had hit them . Neither did the staff tbf they definitely saw 'the grimsby way ' that night .
Posted by: Davec, March 1, 2024, 7:45pm; Reply: 9
I loved the the game and going out partying in Southampton afterwards before stumbing back to my hotel at 3am!
Posted by: LH, March 1, 2024, 7:46pm; Reply: 10
Without doubt the best night of my GTFC supporting life and it’s highly unlikely it’ll ever be topped which I suppose is a bittersweet feeling. Phenomenal atmosphere before, during and after the game. Drove back up the following morning and all they were talking about on 5Live (and on Breakfast before we left) was Town! I’ll remember that day forever.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 9:48pm