Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: cannylad65, February 29, 2024, 12:59pm
On Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354427319883?itmmeta=01HQTEZZ2WR7RCE407RVFDCTZV&hash=item528583b64b:g:hikAAOSwL4xji1cv&itmprp=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwEG3V%2BiK0oetwdLZibfScjuzTJBvngXCTsgH2HS7AZcLFSnFOlxg313ZrX5z11JryBzD488nL2ong8DyzvhsbIQwjftCHqVz
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 29, 2024, 5:47pm; Reply: 1
Wasn’t Dave Booth’s testimonial one that attracted around 15000 as he gave you priority for upcoming Cup game which might have been Wolves in the quarter final of the League Cup?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 29, 2024, 5:55pm; Reply: 2
Straining my mind to remember the last testimonial?
Posted by: Poojah, February 29, 2024, 6:08pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Straining my mind to remember the last testimonial?

McKeown, I’d have thought.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 29, 2024, 6:11pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Poojah

McKeown, I’d have thought.

Cheers forgot about that one
Posted by: barralad, February 29, 2024, 9:34pm; Reply: 5
If anyone on here wants those particular programmes the Trust have them in stock at a fraction of that ridiculous price!
Posted by: Running like emson, February 29, 2024, 9:56pm; Reply: 6
Only went to the Kev Moore one out of those. I suspect I have a copy of that programme in my parents' loft
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 29, 2024, 10:11pm; Reply: 7
Only been to a handful and last I remember was cockers’ one v Leeds
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 1, 2024, 2:27pm; Reply: 8
Cockers' was Southampton, thanks to Glenn playing there at the time.  3-3 draw with the obligatory penalty for the man of the moment.  Southampton had a good side out that day, think Cockers probably should have checked he got the right Tilson, Birtles, Alexander and Drinkell out the phonebook when he did the call-round though.

Leeds was Frank Bridge and then possibly the summer after they came back for Macca's first,

Since then we've had Kev Jobling (Leicester), Mark Lever (Forest), Macca's 2nd (Hull), Craig Disley (Town XI's) and James McKeown (Rotherham).  

Must be more I would have thought?
Posted by: Poojah, March 1, 2024, 2:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from diehardmariner
Cockers' was Southampton, thanks to Glenn playing there at the time.  3-3 draw with the obligatory penalty for the man of the moment.  Southampton had a good side out that day, think Cockers probably should have checked he got the right Tilson, Birtles, Alexander and Drinkell out the phonebook when he did the call-round though.

Leeds was Frank Bridge and then possibly the summer after they came back for Macca's first,

Since then we've had Kev Jobling (Leicester), Mark Lever (Forest), Macca's 2nd (Hull), Disley (Town XI's) and McKeown (Rotherham).  

Can't think of any more.

As an aside, I’ve got the signed match ball from Macca’s first testimonial against Leeds. Won it in a competition at school.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 1, 2024, 3:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Poojah

As an aside, I’ve got the signed match ball from Macca’s first testimonial against Leeds. Won it in a competition at school.

Must’ve been that game that am thinking of then
Posted by: Poojah, March 1, 2024, 3:06pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Must’ve been that game that am thinking of then

Teams / photos here (RIP Pete :'( )

http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/leeds_friendlies/leeds_united_teamsheets/Grimsby%20Town%2010-08-1996.php
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 3:39pm