Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Mayaman, February 28, 2024, 2:52pm
The lad's back.  
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 28, 2024, 2:54pm; Reply: 1
Awesome hopefully straight into the team too!
Posted by: ska face, February 28, 2024, 3:27pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mayaman
The lad's back.  

Yeah back in the treatment room. Managed 1 full 90 in the last month & not been in the squad for Spennymoor’s last 4 games.
Posted by: oochiad, February 28, 2024, 3:41pm; Reply: 3
He’s injured
Posted by: Mayaman, February 28, 2024, 3:54pm; Reply: 4
sodomist.  What are modern footballers made of?
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 28, 2024, 3:57pm; Reply: 5
I really rate the lad and I want him to succeed.

But at the minute it's hard to see anything other than a Max Wright situation here.  All the ability in the world but just can't stay fit. Contracted for another two full seasons so the club definitely see something in him but also, hopefully, gives him that cushion to get properly fit and injury free.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 28, 2024, 4:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from diehardmariner

But at the minute it's hard to see anything other than a Max Wright situation here.  All the ability in the world but just can't stay fit. Contracted for another two full seasons so the club definitely see something in him but also, hopefully, gives him that cushion to get properly fit and injury free.

He can keep Charles company in the treatment room for two years.
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 28, 2024, 5:57pm; Reply: 7
He's not injured he's been ill and laid up in bed with a bad virus according to the facebook rumours.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 28, 2024, 6:15pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Chrisblor
He's not injured he's been ill and laid up in bed with a bad virus according to the facebook rumours.

Am pretty sure Spennymoor announced him as poorly as he's missed 3 games unwell. But the club has got out the habit of any updates.

Just shows how poor our comms are at the moment, there is no loan watch/update, which I can't really understand - can't be difficult to keep us posted. Maybe they just don't want to.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 28, 2024, 7:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Chrisblor

It's not rumours, he's come from his landlord, been laid up for nigh on 10 days, potentially has had covid.
Posted by: TAGG, February 28, 2024, 7:49pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from diehardmariner

Think Max has played every game this season and playing well apparently.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 28, 2024, 8:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from TAGG

So what do Halifax do differently to manage him successfully that we couldn't? All those years we had him and he couldn't get a proper run of games.

Posted by: diehardmariner, February 28, 2024, 8:23pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from TAGG

Sorry, yes should have said 'stay fit whilst here'.

Delighted to see he's getting that run of games. Also a little sad it's not for us.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 5:29am