Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Wainmans Gloves, June 7, 2023, 8:04am
I notice people on Twitter seem to think the Fishy is inferior in opinion somehow? Surely most people on the Fishy are on Twitter-I am who else is?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 7, 2023, 8:13am; Reply: 1
I’m an bottom on both platforms yes.
Posted by: Brazilnut, June 7, 2023, 9:42am; Reply: 2
Don't  / can't work twitter ....... self diagnosed IT div here
Posted by: goodref, June 7, 2023, 9:44am; Reply: 3
I am not on twitter
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, June 7, 2023, 9:48am; Reply: 4
I'm on Twitter. The snobbery on there and Facebook about The Fishy always strikes me as odd as they're hardly hotbeds of intellectual debate themselves.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 7, 2023, 9:50am; Reply: 5
I went on Twitter a while back but gave it up after a week or so. Just found it to be quite pointless unless you're a celebrity stalker.
Posted by: DB, June 7, 2023, 9:51am; Reply: 6
I'm not on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. It takes me all my time to text the family.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, June 7, 2023, 9:52am; Reply: 7
Not on twitter but on a gtfc Facebook page
Posted by: chaos33, June 7, 2023, 9:57am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm on Twitter. The snobbery on there and Facebook about The Fishy always strikes me as odd as they're hardly hotbeds of intellectual debate themselves.

Agree. There are a fair few whoppers on there too who think nothing of sending direct criticism and abuse to GTFC staff, often badly spelled and unhinged, so the idea that there would be some of the Twittersphere who would sneer at, and look down upon the fishy is clearly just daft.
Posted by: Mikey_345, June 7, 2023, 10:02am; Reply: 9
I talk equal amounts of nonsense on Twitter as I do on here! I think the 'inferior' thing is just a little fun stemming from some of the more, shall we say, 'interesting' posters and rumours we've had on here over the years. Probably done it myself in jest but still find myself on here far too much as i enjoy the discussions and "humour" ...
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), June 7, 2023, 10:22am; Reply: 10
I’m on both. There are far more mouth breathers on Twitter these days. Two accounts in particular relating to Mendoncas legs, suspiciously looking like they’ve been set up by the same person , tweet opposite opinions about everything GTFC related.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, June 7, 2023, 10:27am; Reply: 11
I’m on both, I think you get a lot more sensible discussion on here rather than Twitter. I’ve blocked quite a few of the clowns on there as all they do is spout shite.
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 7, 2023, 10:32am; Reply: 12
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
I’m on both, I think you get a lot more sensible discussion on here rather than Twitter. I’ve blocked quite a few of the clowns on there as all they do is spout shite.

I'm not on Twitter but I do spout shite on here.

Posted by: Mikey_345, June 7, 2023, 10:37am; Reply: 13
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
I’ve blocked quite a few of the clowns on there as all they do is spout shite.

Yeah, sorry about that mate..
Posted by: Meza, June 7, 2023, 10:49am; Reply: 14
I'm on Twitter (which can be very toxic and alot of hate sometimes).  I dont tweet much just for checking Town really, FB i dont bother with anymore, not since it went down for a few days.  I can live without FB (seems others cannot like the other half lol).
Posted by: LH, June 7, 2023, 10:54am; Reply: 15
The people who denigrate this forum on Twitter always seem to know what’s being posted on here. Funny that isn’t it?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, June 7, 2023, 10:59am; Reply: 16
This is classic human behaviour: the group I belong to is best and members of other groups are idiots (or whatever). It fuels football rivalry, political views, religion and the darker traits of human behaviour like racism and hating minorities.

Cod Almighty has had a go at The Fishy a couple of times as well.

The irony is that there is an assumption (from some) that nobody spans all the groups but it's obvious many of us do. I'm here, on Twitter and an avid reader of Cod Almighty.
Posted by: HerveJosse, June 7, 2023, 11:11am; Reply: 17
What’s Twitter?
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, June 7, 2023, 11:13am; Reply: 18
I am not on facebook or twitter not interested on what you had for dinner last night or where you went on holiday thank you.
On fishy as i am only interested in "Town" ,plus My brain is not geared for  I T ,so one platform is enough for me .
GTFC related Info ,updates and opinions only
UTM 2023--24
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 7, 2023, 11:14am; Reply: 19
I’m on both, but find Fishy is better for GTFC stuff.

I get other non GTFC stuff on twitter where other websites are not good
Posted by: somersetmariner, June 7, 2023, 12:41pm; Reply: 20
I read all three

Cod almighty is a fantastic fanzine
The fishy is great for a daily catch up, and to be honest is probably my most visited website over the last decade.

Twitter #gtfc is good on match days and a quick check on every now and then to see if any transfer speculation. oh and the ‘on this day’ account is superb

just been on twitter and seen Ryan has re signed ! whoops !
Posted by: lukeo, June 7, 2023, 12:45pm; Reply: 21
The fishy is under rated.
We've constantly supported charities (Thanks Les!), sponsored a player, we've supported each other and 1 chap in particular through mental health and not quite as important but we somehow leak new signings before anywhere else!
Posted by: Son of Cod, June 7, 2023, 12:48pm; Reply: 22
Twitter is great for finding out the lineups first and seeing the same handful of Town fans recycle the same 6 GIFs for any imaginable scenario related to the club.
Posted by: spikelias, June 7, 2023, 12:51pm; Reply: 23
I'm on both, don't really care about one over the other. Just want GTFC content, be it complete rubbish or not!!

Personal abuse and hate shouldn't be tolerated on any platform. Opinions should be respected. Basically, how you'd treat someone face to face.
Posted by: Chrisblor, June 7, 2023, 12:56pm; Reply: 24
They're both full of dickheads posting drivel, but tbf I think in recent years the #gtfc tag on twitter has properly gone down the pan. Used to generally be full of quite decent tweets 5+ years ago but now it's just clowns tweeting the same thing 50 times a day (NO GTFC FANALYTICS I REALLY DO NOT NEED TO HEAR AGAIN HOW VAR DIDN'T SEND BRIGHTON'S KEEPER OFF) and trolls. Least this place still has a fair few thoughtful, considered and funny posters in amongst all the boomers asking 'how do i work i follow' and claiming Luton is now a fully sharia compliant independant caliphate no-go zone for white football fans.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, June 7, 2023, 1:03pm; Reply: 25
Recently started blocking certain GTFC accounts on Twitter thats made it a better experience going on there not having to read the same negative comments from the same people over and over again..
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 7, 2023, 3:14pm; Reply: 26
I'm on both, but don't look at anything GTFC on Twitter. Only used it once for something mental health/GTFC related, and it was very helpful and useful, but I now only use it for contacting people around the world to help me with my research.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 7, 2023, 8:00pm; Reply: 27
if you are following Ukraine Twitter is the mutts nuts - you can follow some real experts n people on the front line
Posted by: barralad, June 9, 2023, 8:28am; Reply: 28
I'm on both but use for totally different reasons. The Fishy is for me a much better debating forum because all comment comes under a thread title and you can easily see everyone's views. On Twitter you need to be following individuals.
Twitter is much better for immediate info such as team news, club news and even seeing footage of games. Quite a few threads on here start because of a tweet.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 11:54pm