Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 9, 2023, 9:50pm
I’m sure everyone would have loved to see him be fit enough to be more involved this season but he was pivotal in our success last season and certainly facilitated a lot of McAtee’s best moments.

Personally think he was more important than many gave him credit for and hopefully he’ll get to play a bit more before he retires. Thanks Tayls!
Posted by: Poojah, May 9, 2023, 9:53pm; Reply: 1
Seconded. That diving header at Wrexham will remain an iconic moment for decades to come.

Wish the bloke all the best.
Posted by: mariner91, May 9, 2023, 9:56pm; Reply: 2
He played a really pivotal role last season and we wouldn’t have been promoted without him. Thanks Ryan for some wonderful memories and all the best for the future.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 9, 2023, 9:56pm; Reply: 3
I wish him well, and good luck for the future
Posted by: Maringer, May 9, 2023, 10:03pm; Reply: 4
The first striker I've seen us have for years who scored some good goals getting across in front of the defender at the near post to tuck it away. Always the sign of a good player.

Just a pity that this season was a year too far for him and the injury looks to have probably finished his League career. I'd imagine he'll get a year or two in the National League, if he wants it.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 9, 2023, 10:12pm; Reply: 5
That header against wrexham is the sex…
Posted by: marinerjase, May 9, 2023, 10:14pm; Reply: 6
Intelligent ‘team’ player, took the knocks to allow the team to progress. Very much in the Gary Jones mould for me..would never have got out the NL without his efforts. I’d imagine highly thought of and appreciated by those that matter, I’ve enjoy d watching him play and wish him all the best.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, May 9, 2023, 10:21pm; Reply: 7
That goal against Wrexham.

Plus lasting 89 mins, at Gas Mark 6, away at Rochdale in August. When he eventually oozed off the pitch his skin was pinker than Town’s away kit.
Posted by: Poojah, May 9, 2023, 10:34pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from aldi_01
That header against wrexham is the sex…

Just watched it back. Well, all the goals. It’s easy to overlook, but that goal (3:07) was so far above the level it’s unreal. The chest down from Taylor to McAtee was so good, the cross from McAtee absolutely and then the run and header from Taylor just absolutely spot on.

We scored some very good goals that season but that was stealthily one of the very best.

https://youtu.be/YaKxMEWDzQ0
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, May 9, 2023, 10:36pm; Reply: 9
I believe he was one that relocated here and may well stay around the area, could end up at Clee Town.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 9, 2023, 11:34pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
I believe he was one that relocated here and may well stay around the area, could end up at Clee Town.

Or even Scunny if he would have them.

Posted by: davmariner, May 9, 2023, 11:35pm; Reply: 11
Really respect him as a footballer and very grateful for everything he’s done. All the best Ryan.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 9, 2023, 11:38pm; Reply: 12
can only echo what's alreay been posted. Improved us enormously last season
Posted by: chaos33, May 10, 2023, 2:02am; Reply: 13
Quoted from mariner91
He played a really pivotal role last season and we wouldn’t have been promoted without him. Thanks Ryan for some wonderful memories and all the best for the future.

This.
Posted by: lukeo, May 10, 2023, 4:40am; Reply: 14
Totally agree. Fantastic last season, I'll never forget that header. Never got going this season but thank you for the memories Ryan.
Posted by: denni266, May 10, 2023, 6:39am; Reply: 15
Good luck in the future Ryan.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 10, 2023, 6:41am; Reply: 16
Good luck to the lad I would imagine he's still got something in the tank for a NL side so hope he manages to get fixed up.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 10, 2023, 7:37am; Reply: 17
The Wrexham header was a carbon copy of one he scored in the league which was my favourite goal he scored for us. Not as important as the Wrexham one mind.

Always a fan of his and think he was pivotal in our promotion. He wasn't appreciated by all fans though, as evidenced by the constant abuse he got from the numpties behind me.
Posted by: It Bites, May 10, 2023, 7:43am; Reply: 18
Served us well and deserves a lot of credit for last season. I bet McAtee loves him
Posted by: chaos33, May 10, 2023, 7:50am; Reply: 19
Not sure where he lives. He’s a Yorkshireman, so would fully expect a NL club with a short commute from his home to snap him up. Halifax, York, Oldham….
Posted by: Maringer, May 10, 2023, 8:07am; Reply: 20
Quoted from chaos33
Not sure where he lives. He’s a Yorkshireman, so would fully expect a NL club with a short commute from his home to snap him up. Halifax, York, Oldham….

An LJL/Taylor partnership would be a handful, providing they had enough youngsters around them to do the running!
Posted by: toontown, May 10, 2023, 1:31pm; Reply: 21
Yeah he was good for us last season and both those diving headers against Wrexham invthe league and playoffs were crackers.

Definitely brought the best out of mcatee, they nearly combined to score what would have been a beauty against Brighton too.

This season turned out to be a step too far, had lost all mobility by the end of the season, probably injuries as well as age.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 10, 2023, 2:36pm; Reply: 22
That goal at Wrexham was unforgettable. Especially given the importance of the situation and the entire context of the Wrexham media circus. The chest off to the wing was sublime, as was McAtee's cross in.  10 seconds from Max sending it up field it was in the back of the net.   A perfect goal.

But apart from that he lead the line superbly all season. A great pro. Such a contrast to some of the dross we had to put up with in preceding years.

He, and in fact that entire team, will always have a special place in my heart because I can't ever remember a more incredible, exciting and joyous fortnight in my fifty plus years of being a Town supporter.  A dream come true.

Thank you Ryan. No Town fan will ever forget the magic moments you helped give us.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 10, 2023, 2:44pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I’m sure everyone would have loved to see him be fit enough to be more involved this season but he was pivotal in our success last season and certainly facilitated a lot of McAtee’s best moments.

Personally think he was more important than many gave him credit for and hopefully he’ll get to play a bit more before he retires. Thanks Tayls!

Echo those sentiments totally

He's been a really good servant to the club so should leave with his held high and a big thank you from ALL the fans for the part he played in our promotion  👍

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 10, 2023, 3:09pm; Reply: 24
Thank you Ryan. Good luck for the future.
Posted by: Mayaman, May 10, 2023, 6:29pm; Reply: 25
A true professional and someone who came across as a really nice bloke.  Best of luck for the future Ryan.
Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, May 10, 2023, 7:03pm; Reply: 26
Unquestionably one of the classiest forwards we've had at the club in recent years and, as people have said, played a vital part in last season's promotion with some superb goals and assists.

Just sorry that his fitness issues have hampered him this season but I hope he continues his career a bit longer.

Thank you Ryan - from a very grateful fan.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 10, 2023, 8:54pm; Reply: 27
I hope he goes into some form of coaching, young strikers could learn a lot from someone with that craft & experience.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 11, 2023, 12:21am; Reply: 28
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Lives near Rotherham doesn't he?
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 10:16pm