Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 8, 2023, 11:30am

The Club can confirm that Giles Coke will leave his role as Youth Development Coach at the end of the season.

https://gtfc.co.uk/coke-to-leave-the-mariners/
Posted by: Dodorondon, May 8, 2023, 11:44am; Reply: 1
Pearson to take that role?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 8, 2023, 11:56am; Reply: 2
Good bloke, will no doubt find something closer to home. Wish him well.
Posted by: DB, May 8, 2023, 12:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yes me too. He's done well for us helping to get us out of the NL.

Posted by: hheh2, May 8, 2023, 12:04pm; Reply: 4
Hope he gets a role somewhere else 100% football man
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 8, 2023, 12:10pm; Reply: 5
Shaun to work in scouting and analysis

A lot of changes in the organisation, stuff to be confirmed
Posted by: thefish, May 8, 2023, 3:42pm; Reply: 6
Wacca new youth coach? ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 8, 2023, 6:47pm; Reply: 7
So we are now Coke Zero ?
Posted by: toontown, May 8, 2023, 6:59pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Aye considering he came from NLN as a 30+ year old hes done well for us, certainly wish the guy all the best.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 9, 2023, 9:58am; Reply: 9
Sad in a way to see him leave as I think he brought the right attitude to the club when it needed it.  Suspect he'll have something lined up elsewhere.

His signing in the relegation season almost proved a masterpiece, he was key in transforming that midfield and his protection of the back four allowed Matete to basically just run at teams and cause chaos.  

I think perhaps his legs weren't quite there for a full season last year but he still played a role in the play-offs when steadying the ship away at County (a decision that I think most would have disagreed with at that exact moment in time).  

That role of Youth Development, which I recall seeing when he was appointed as one to help transition the young professional lads is an important part of our future.  As we look to develop more of our own we have to accept that not everyone will break into the team at 18.  Just like how Clifton did, Khouri is now developing into the first team in his early 20's.  There's a good selection of lads in the set-up who are 18ish but just not quite ready yet and will benefit from space and support to develop.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, May 9, 2023, 11:15am; Reply: 10
I believe he's taking a role up at Sheff Wednesday.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 9, 2023, 12:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club
So we are now Coke Zero ?

We are certainly Coke Lite.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 9, 2023, 7:06pm; Reply: 12
Interesting Hursts summary along the lines of "his role /work with the group didnt really work out " , and his staff  budget isn't limitless,    not that he was being critical of Coke but made me wonder what his role actually was as sounded quite specific.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, May 9, 2023, 10:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club
Interesting Hursts summary along the lines of "his role /work with the group didnt really work out " , and his staff  budget isn't limitless,    not that he was being critical of Coke but made me wonder what his role actually was as sounded quite specific.

So he was technically a football development officer, he was trying to help bridge the gap between first team and youth team but also preparing the youth team players with life after football if they didn’t make it so to speak.
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 3:02pm