Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 18, 2023, 6:33pm
After all this time I thought I would get away with it. But in the last few weeks the wife got it and never felt any different then the daughter who said it was like the flu ,both are ok now.

I have it now and with my lung problem I feel dreadful ,cough cough cough hard to breath got no energy whatsoever.

What's it like where you all live ?
Posted by: DB, March 18, 2023, 6:51pm; Reply: 1
Sorry to hear about your covid illness Pete. The wife and I have fortunately been covid free so far. A victory for Town tomorrow will pick your spirits up.

Take care and look after yourselves.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 18, 2023, 9:16pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from grimsby pete
After all this time I thought I would get away with it. But in the last few weeks the wife got it and never felt any different then the daughter who said it was like the flu ,both are ok now.

I have it now and with my lung problem I feel dreadful ,cough cough cough hard to breath got no energy whatsoever.

What's it like where you all live ?

Lots of it going round Grimsby at the moment so that away end tomorrow could be quite a super-spreader event.

Get well soon Pete.
Posted by: Maringer, March 18, 2023, 9:44pm; Reply: 3
We've had it over the past week, just my 7 year old still testing positive. The kids have been absolutely fine, no symptoms to speak of other than a mild temperature for a day or two. My wife has been keeping me awake coughing. I've had a headache a little lethargy and have been coughing stuff up but not at all poorly otherwise (I had a booster at the start of February, however).

Oddly enough, my teenage nephew has been feeling very grotty with it this week as well, so it is really hit and miss as to how it affects you.

If you don't have one, Pete, get yourself a pulse oximeter. It's one of those little devices you clip on your finger which doctors use to check your blood oxygen level. Should be able to order one online for less than 20 quid. If you really find your breathing is affected, you might not be getting enough oxygen at which point you will need medical attention.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 19, 2023, 12:36am; Reply: 4
Thank you for your thoughts lads yes I do have a pulse oximeter Maringer I have breathing problems all the time because of my trapped lung but this covid. Is making things worse I never had a cough like this before that takes my breath away . I am on oxygen which helps when I get really short of breath.

Like Dave said I will feel better watching Town play in the quarter final something I thought would never happen in my life time although my dad went to both semi finals in the 30,s and always told me we would have got to the final instead of losing to Wolves which was just bad luck. Our 1st choice keeper was injured or sick so we had to play our reserve he got injured after about 20 or so minutes and got carried off , no subs in those days so one of the other players went in goal and we played the rest of the game with 10 men. The score at the time was.     0 - 0 the final score was 5 - 0 which was very unkind to us as we were the better side until our keeper went off.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2023, 12:17pm; Reply: 5

Get well soon Pete, you've always been one of my favourite posters mate.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 19, 2023, 12:50pm; Reply: 6
Hope you’re ok Pete, I’ve had Covid (I got it whilst on holiday on Madeira last year) I wasn’t too bad apart from day 2 when I had uncontrollable shivers and bad head, I felt very drowsy too but still had an appetite, it did make me feel tired though. Hayley and the children have had it 3 times each (me only 1) I haven’t felt too good since Thursday night though, I’ve felt very drowsy (unusually drowsy) with a pain in my mid back (although that seems to be subsiding now) but the drowsiness is still here.

Take care Pete

Chris
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, March 19, 2023, 3:58pm; Reply: 7
Pete - Hope you are feeling better soon
Posted by: Sandford1981, March 20, 2023, 7:45am; Reply: 8
How are you doing Pete?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 20, 2023, 11:33pm; Reply: 9
Doctor wants me to be clear of covid then he thinks he could drain my lung of fluid not what the other doctors was saying.

If i have to keep going back every so often i can live with that.
Posted by: lukeo, March 22, 2023, 5:15am; Reply: 10
It's rarely spoken or heard of anymore down here.
I got it mid last year then became ill in November with what doctors believed was 2 different conditions which made the pain even worse (costocondritis and gastritis), technically they're not linked to covid but it can't just be a coincidence ?
Posted by: Maringer, March 22, 2023, 10:48am; Reply: 11
Covid is a disease which produces an inflammatory response (and clotting in some people), so you never really know what you're going to get. The other conditions could certainly be linked to your Covid infection. I've read lots of anecdotal stories of people suffering from long-term gastric issues after having Covid. The 'luck' of the draw, really.
Posted by: Humbercod, March 22, 2023, 8:22pm; Reply: 12
Covid is and always was a treatable disease, the truth was suppressed! The anti viral drug Ivermectin, probably the most important drug in medical science after penicillin, one of the safest drugs in the world, you would have more chance dying from Aspirin than Ivermectin. And the reason it was suppressed? It would affect the profit making ability of the pharmaceutical industry.

If it’s TRUE efficacy was known by everyone (not the dodgy research trials backed by big Pharma) then the demand for the vaccines and endless vaccinating would of dried up, but there has been an horrific attack with false misleading information on the efficacy of this amazing drug, spread by the media and press on the payroll of the big pharmaceutical industry.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 23, 2023, 4:28pm; Reply: 13
Still in hospital still testing positve even though i have had all my jabs. Never felt as bad with anything like this cough bloody cough all day and night hardly get to sleep my diabetes through the roof absolutly drainded.

Beam me up Scottie !!!!!
Posted by: DB, March 23, 2023, 6:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete
Still in hospital still testing positve even though i have had all my jabs. Never felt as bad with anything like this cough bloody cough all day and night hardly get to sleep my diabetes through the roof absolutly drainded.

Beam me up Scottie !!!!!

Hang in there Pete it all takes time but as we get older the healing time gets longer. I don't know if you were able to watch last night's game but Town was excellent in the first half and should have been 2/3 up at halftime. 2nd half Mansfield was more dominant but didn't really rattle the Town's defence. Before the game I'd have taken  0-0 given Mansfields league position, then a victory for us following the 1st half but 0-0 at full time is what we got and I'm happy with that .

Take care of yourself and PM me if there is anything I can do to help.

Posted by: Maringer, March 23, 2023, 10:29pm; Reply: 15
What DB said, Pete. Hang in there and look forward to next season's promotion push!
Posted by: Humbercod, March 24, 2023, 7:05pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete

Beam me up Scottie !!!!!

Wish I’d seen this earlier… all the best Pete with a speedy recovery please don’t take any Remdesivir!
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2023, 2:19pm; Reply: 17
Still testing positive.!!!!!

Still stuck in hospital .

Still looking at that bloody wall thats been painted by Del Boy with luminous yellow paint.

At least the nurses are brilliant as usual.
Posted by: smokey111, March 26, 2023, 6:56pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete
Still testing positive.!!!!!

Still stuck in hospital .

Still looking at that bloody wall thats been painted by Del Boy with luminous yellow paint.

At least the nurses are brilliant as usual.

Nevermind his painting, you want to hope there isn't a chandelier above your bed.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2023, 8:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from smokey111

Nevermind his painting, you want to hope there isn't a chandelier above your bed.

Thats all i would need  !!!!!  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 28, 2023, 10:38am; Reply: 20
How's it going Pete?
I've had it twice, and both times got a 'generous' version, with very very little symptoms at all.

Hopefully you're over the hump now and getting better.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 28, 2023, 4:55pm; Reply: 21
Felt rough after the Southampton game and tested positive shortly after - it was super spreader central in the away end when we scored.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 28, 2023, 5:28pm; Reply: 22
Still positive tests coming back but hope to be home in the next day or two because they say you are not at danger of passing it on after you have had it for over 10 days.

Sad news today 99 year old Fred in the next bed died today.
Posted by: Maringer, March 28, 2023, 10:22pm; Reply: 23
Depends whether it is PCR or lateral flow test. If you're testing positive on an LFT, you can still pass it on - presence of the antigen shows you're still fighting the infection. If it is weakly positive, then risks reduced, but still possible. PCRs can pick up fragments of the virus for weeks so positive tests don't mean as much after a longish period of infection.

Hope you're feeling better, Pete. That would be the main indication you're on the mend.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 28, 2023, 10:38pm; Reply: 24
No idea what is true or not maybe they just want my bed.

Still feeling very weak so if i do go home i will be staying there watching sport on the box.

Thanks again for all your concerns.
Posted by: Maringer, March 29, 2023, 12:29am; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimsby pete

Still feeling very weak so if i do go home i will be staying there watching sport on the box.

Sounds like a good plan!  ;)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 29, 2023, 8:49am; Reply: 26
Take care Pete and look after yourself mate.
Posted by: barralad, March 29, 2023, 10:42pm; Reply: 27
Look after yourself Pete.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 30, 2023, 12:51pm; Reply: 28
Only just seen this thread Pete...

Sorry to hear you've been through the wringer but hopefully you'll soon be back on the mend

All the best & UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 30, 2023, 12:51pm; Reply: 29
I am still here and i want to go home now please.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 30, 2023, 1:38pm; Reply: 30
Tomorrow now !!!!
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, March 30, 2023, 3:37pm; Reply: 31
Pete - great news - take it easy when you get home. Also sorry to hear about Fred.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 31, 2023, 7:49pm; Reply: 32
One step nearer the door moving me from covid ward to side ward. Lets hope home tomorrow.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 1, 2023, 5:43pm; Reply: 33
Sunday morning i can go home  !!!!!!!    ;D
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, April 1, 2023, 8:48pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from grimsby pete
Sunday morning i can go home  !!!!!!!    ;D

Yay!
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 5:44pm