Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 3, 2023, 10:21am
With the 1/4 final only being two weeks away when do we actually get to know about tickets, date/time? I know we are in the hands of the TV companies but be good to know so plans can be made.
Posted by: mimma, March 3, 2023, 10:48am; Reply: 1
Fans are the last to know, as usual. The way we are kept in the dark and can't make arrangements is nothing short of disgraceful and needs addressing  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 3, 2023, 10:50am; Reply: 2
Date and time should be today.

Followed within 24 hrs with ticket news. Expect them to be on sale Tuedsay at the latest.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 3, 2023, 10:53am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Date and time should be today.

Followed within 24 hrs with ticket news. Expect them to be on sale Tuedsay at the latest.

Last season the schedule wasn’t announced until the Monday morning.
Posted by: Stadium, March 3, 2023, 10:55am; Reply: 4
Links to monitor:

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://twitter.com/FA
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 3, 2023, 11:32am; Reply: 5
Last night on the Peter Levy show, they said the match was on the 18th which COULD be a pain if the trains are impacted.

From the National Rail website:

"Industrial action for March and April 2023

More strike action has been announced by the RMT union. RMT members working for 14 train operating companies will take strike action on the following dates:

00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Thursday 16 March 2023

00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 18 March 2023

That could be good though because although travel on the day will be impacted, the trains are OK on the day before and the day after. But if the game is on the Sunday it may be hard to get down there on the day. We will wait with baited breath.
Posted by: pizzzza, March 3, 2023, 11:38am; Reply: 6
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Last season the schedule wasn’t announced until the Monday morning.

Does it get announced the same day every season?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 3, 2023, 11:43am; Reply: 7
Last night on the Peter Levy show, they said the match was on the 18th which COULD be a pain if the trains are impacted.

From the National Rail website:

"Industrial action for March and April 2023

More strike action has been announced by the RMT union. RMT members working for 14 train operating companies will take strike action on the following dates:

00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Thursday 16 March 2023

00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Saturday 18 March 2023

That could be good though because although travel on the day will be impacted, the trains are OK on the day before and the day after. But if the game is on the Sunday it may be hard to get down there on the day. We will wait with baited breath.

Trains are normally impacted after strike days too so bear that in mind, trains may not be at their originating point (due to the strikes) so can affect some of the services on that day.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 3, 2023, 11:44am; Reply: 8
Quoted from pizzzza

Does it get announced the same day every season?

In 1992 it was on the Tuesday. I remember it because I was wearing my global hypercolour t-shirt.
Posted by: gtfc_chris, March 3, 2023, 11:44am; Reply: 9
Quoted from mimma
Fans are the last to know, as usual. The way we are kept in the dark and can't make arrangements is nothing short of disgraceful and needs addressing  

In what order are you expecting it to be? The fans will always be the last to know because every other detail needs to be sorted with all stakeholders before everything gets ratified. As someone hoping to go and also wanting to get organised with hotels and travel times etc etc I'm hoping details are published fairly quickly which I don't doubt everyone else will too, but I can't think of any scenario that exists in which the FA can provide any information until things are confirmed with everyone involved in the process.
Posted by: Stadium, March 3, 2023, 11:58am; Reply: 10
Quoted from mimma

Does make me laugh when this is brought up.
Yes fans are the absolute last concern.
However what have fans ever done to raise it or protest again it?
It's been happening for years now to a multitude of clubs with virtually zero fan opposition or even reduction in attendance.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, March 3, 2023, 12:18pm; Reply: 11
Easy,. Book hotels for the full 3/4 days and dancell the ones you don't need later
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, March 3, 2023, 12:18pm; Reply: 12
Easy,. Book hotels for the full 3/4 days and cancell the ones you don't need later
Posted by: aldi_01, March 3, 2023, 12:24pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Stadium

Does make me laugh when this is brought up.
Yes fans are the absolute last concern.
However what have fans ever done to raise it or protest again it?
It's been happening for years now to a multitude of clubs with virtually zero fan opposition or even reduction in attendance.

Much like everything else really. I’ve always said football often mirrors society…
Posted by: lukeo, March 3, 2023, 12:48pm; Reply: 14
Not that I'll be able to get tickets (mariners trust member) but I have had a nosey at hotels and they're expensive! Also looked at making a weekend of it and doing chessington with my lad but that's not open. So IF I manage to get tickets I guess it'll be an expensive evening on the pier  ;D
Posted by: Poojah, March 3, 2023, 1:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from lukeo
Not that I'll be able to get tickets (mariners trust member) but I have had a nosey at hotels and they're expensive! Also looked at making a weekend of it and doing chessington with my lad but that's not open. So IF I manage to get tickets I guess it'll be an expensive evening on the pier  ;D

Don’t know how old your lad is, but you’ve got Paulton’s Park near Southampton which would be more or less on your way from Taunton. It’s the home of Peppa Pig World (which they could equally call “two-hour queue for a three-minute ride world”), but the other half of the park is actually really good for kids aged 5-12 I’d say. Barely any queues either in my experience.

I’m thinking of doing something like this as leaving my wife and kids all weekend, on Mother’s Day weekend of all weekends, ain’t gonna fly very well.
Posted by: wekeepdreaming, March 3, 2023, 3:08pm; Reply: 16
Game to be played Sunday dinner time kick off ?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 3, 2023, 3:14pm; Reply: 17
Just seen the semi final is the day I’m supposed to fly out on holiday……
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, March 3, 2023, 3:26pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Trains are normally impacted after strike days too so bear that in mind, trains may not be at their originating point (due to the strikes) so can affect some of the services on that day.

KNICKERS !! To the trains I am going by Ford Ka
It got me to Luton, Northampton and Southampton
Not fast but gets you there.
UTM

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 3, 2023, 3:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19

In 1992 it was on the Tuesday. I remember it because I was wearing my global hypercolour t-shirt.

pepe or joe bloggs jeans?
Posted by: lukeo, March 3, 2023, 3:59pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Poojah

Don’t know how old your lad is, but you’ve got Paulton’s Park near Southampton which would be more or less on your way from Taunton. It’s the home of Peppa Pig World (which they could equally call “two-hour queue for a three-minute ride world”), but the other half of the park is actually really good for kids aged 5-12 I’d say. Barely any queues either in my experience.

I’m thinking of doing something like this as leaving my wife and kids all weekend, on Mother’s Day weekend of all weekends, ain’t gonna fly very well.

He's 9. Thanks for that. I only want to do this because realistically he doesn't like going to the football so it's dangling the carrot so he comes and we do something we both want to do so it's fair.. I'm sure if I can get us tickets he will love it.
Newport away he wasn't keen on the noise as he just wanted to watch 🙄 but I guess this would be totally different (ps he's never seen us lose)
Posted by: Stadium, March 3, 2023, 5:03pm; Reply: 21
https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1631701226445217792/photo/1
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 8:32pm