Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 18, 2023, 5:52pm
Luton are selling tickets for the game against us at the following prices...

Adult: £14
Over-65 / Under-22: £10
Over-75 / Under-19: £10
Youth Under-17: £3
Acc Junior Under-10: £1

Should be the same price for Town fans.

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2023/january/cardiffgrimsby-news/
Posted by: pizzzza, January 18, 2023, 5:56pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Over-65 / Under-22: £10
Over-75 / Under-19: £10

Nice, but they could have just wrote the top one here only, and not the bottom...
Posted by: SteffiMariner, January 18, 2023, 6:38pm; Reply: 2
Being under 19 is the same as being under 22
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 18, 2023, 8:14pm; Reply: 3
Do they pay us or is it tother way round?

Cba
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 18, 2023, 9:18pm; Reply: 4
We’re getting an allocation of 1500 it seems so more than I expected

Posted by: GrimExile, January 18, 2023, 9:25pm; Reply: 5
We’re not going to make much from the gate receipts then, unfortunately.
Posted by: denni266, January 19, 2023, 7:01am; Reply: 6
Does not look like there will be much going in to the pretend players fund.
Posted by: immariner, January 19, 2023, 12:41pm; Reply: 7
Can't complain at them prices. I'm sure they've figured they'll get 50% more through the door so revenue would likely be similar anyway. Bit of extra dosh for some throat lubrication. Let's have it, loud and proud
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 19, 2023, 1:03pm; Reply: 8
Had decided not to bother........but it is the 4th round of the cup.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 19, 2023, 1:45pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from denni266
Does not look like there will be much going in to the pretend players fund.

You sound like a jilted lover…
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 19, 2023, 1:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
We’re getting an allocation of 1500 it seems so more than I expected

On sale to season ticket holders tomorrow morning

https://gtfc.co.uk/ticket-information-luton-town-a/

Doubt I'll get my hands on a ticket seeing as though I probably won't be able to get on line at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning because work gets in the way

I'd rather the club had stuck to the 7 o'clock release and sorted out the glitches & gremlins that this threw up
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 19, 2023, 2:18pm; Reply: 11

On sale to season ticket holders tomorrow morning

https://gtfc.co.uk/ticket-information-luton-town-a/

Doubt I'll get my hands on a ticket seeing as though I probably won't be able to get on line at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning because work gets in the way

I'd rather the club had stuck to the 7 o'clock release and sorted out the glitches & gremlins that this threw up

They surely aren't all going to sell out immediately.
Posted by: ska face, January 19, 2023, 2:46pm; Reply: 12
Would be surprised if we even sold half of the allocation. 10 days notice, before Jan payday for most, trains best part of £80 a spin. Can’t imagine anyone’ll struggle to get a ticket for this one.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 19, 2023, 2:58pm; Reply: 13
Yeah if we even break into 4 figures on this one I think we'll have done really well
Posted by: Poojah, January 19, 2023, 3:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Chrisblor
Yeah if we even break into 4 figures on this one I think we'll have done really well

Play like we did on Saturday and it’ll be Luton who’ll be breaking into 4 figures.
Posted by: FishySmithy, January 19, 2023, 4:39pm; Reply: 15
Hi All other than the supporters coach (fully booked up) what other company’s are running a coach?
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 19, 2023, 4:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from FishySmithy
Hi All other than the supporters coach (fully booked up) what other company’s are running a coach?

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1673269335/
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 19, 2023, 6:16pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ska face
Would be surprised if we even sold half of the allocation. 10 days notice, before Jan payday for most, trains best part of £80 a spin. Can’t imagine anyone’ll struggle to get a ticket for this one.

It’s the 4th round of the FA Cup and 20 miles from our London fan base of course we will sell out.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 19, 2023, 8:17pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from HerveJosse

It’s the 4th round of the FA Cup and 20 miles from our London fan base of course we will sell out.

Like Wimbledon did?

We’ll probably shift 1100 or so…
Posted by: GtfcGarner, January 20, 2023, 8:52am; Reply: 19
Just got myself two tickets for the game. I'll be driving down on Friday for it and staying the weekend to visit relatives in Cambridge
Posted by: LH, January 20, 2023, 9:13am; Reply: 20
I only tend to get to a handful of aways each season these days but I’ve got a ticket. Fourth round of the cup, innit?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 20, 2023, 9:34am; Reply: 21
Quoted from LH
I only tend to get to a handful of aways each season these days but I’ve got a ticket. Fourth round of the cup, innit?

Abso-bloody-exactly. Said there was no way I was going if Luton won the replay.......just bought tickets for 4 of us.
Posted by: DaleH, January 20, 2023, 10:00am; Reply: 22
Bought 4 tickets. Hate Kenilworth Road and haven't been there since it was an AstrTurf pitch.

Said I wasn't going to go to the 4th round unless it was Wigan away, but the kids have twisted my arm around my back. Putty in their hands :)
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 20, 2023, 10:43am; Reply: 23
I'm going just for the novelty of walking into a football stand via someone's living room
Posted by: immariner, January 20, 2023, 10:53am; Reply: 24
As I'm sure SoC would agree, if you don't like standing and a bit of a sing-song, don't fücking bother, alright?
Posted by: LH, January 20, 2023, 11:21am; Reply: 25
Quoted from immariner
As I'm sure SoC would agree, if you don't like standing and a bit of a sing-song, don't fücking bother, alright?

Definitely. This is one of those games where the away following really could help the team get a result as you wouldn’t expect Luton fans to be particularly enthused by the draw (which is probably reflected by the pricing).
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 20, 2023, 11:32am; Reply: 26
I’m actually looking forward to this now, shite draw and all that but it’s a proper old fashioned cup tie at an old fashioned football ground with 1000+ mariners, and I’ll whisper it quietly but I’ve got a sneaky feeling we might nick it.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 20, 2023, 11:32am; Reply: 27
Quoted from LH

Definitely. This is one of those games where the away following really could help the team get a result as you wouldn’t expect Luton fans to be particularly enthused by the draw (which is probably reflected by the pricing).

They'll see it as a great opportunity to get to Round 5 and get a really big tie. Hopefully they take beating us for granted and we surprise them.
Posted by: immariner, January 20, 2023, 11:36am; Reply: 28
Quoted from LH

Haha for sure. It was a somewhat tongue-in-cheek dig at SoC because he got absolutely caned after the Swindon game. But everyone does need to be on it, players and fans alike if we're to stand much of a chance. I'm sure we will be
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 20, 2023, 11:54am; Reply: 29
Quoted from immariner

Haha for sure. It was a somewhat tongue-in-cheek dig at SoC because he got absolutely caned after the Swindon game. But everyone does need to be on it, players and fans alike if we're to stand much of a chance. I'm sure we will be

I think you mean "absolutely caned for being correct" my friend. (angle)
Posted by: immariner, January 20, 2023, 12:36pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Son of Cod

I think you mean "absolutely caned for being correct" my friend. (angle)

No doubt no doubt. Fully expecting you to pull your best schoolmaster impression, making sure no one is sat on their hands or is quiet for too long  - "You boy! Stand up straight and enunciate clearly: "excrement ground no fans""!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 20, 2023, 1:27pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mariner_09

They surely aren't all going to sell out immediately.

No idea how sales have gone this morning tbh other than personally

On line for 9-00 am ( thankfully very little traffic on the A63 today )
20 minute countdown to 0:00
10-15 minute black hole where nothing happened except an error message
403 : Forbidden : Access is denied
Then the ticket purchase screen appeared and after about 15 minutes thinking about it, purchase confirmed

So got sorted for next Saturday but imho still too many glitches..... x away lads & lasses 😂
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 20, 2023, 1:28pm; Reply: 32
Yeah I logged on at 9 and had a not dissimilar experience. intercourse knows what it would have been like it we'd got a good draw.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 20, 2023, 1:34pm; Reply: 33

No idea how sales have gone this morning tbh other than personally

On line for 9-00 am ( thankfully very little traffic on the A63 today )
20 minute countdown to 0:00
10-15 minute black hole where nothing happened except an error message
403 : Forbidden : Access is denied
Then the ticket purchase screen appeared and after about 15 minutes thinking about it, purchase confirmed

So got sorted for next Saturday but imho still too many glitches..... x away lads & lasses 😂

Don't think they've all gone have they? 22 min countdown to me, have to refresh as it hits zero exactly and it lets you in. Took me well over half an hour to succeed though, lot of people can't do that. VenueToolbox needs either massively upgrading or the provider changing. It's proved time and again (Notts County, Harrogate and Luton now) to be unfit for purpose.
Posted by: thornemariner, January 20, 2023, 2:44pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Mariner_09

Don't think they've all gone have they? 22 min countdown to me, have to refresh as it hits zero exactly and it lets you in. Took me well over half an hour to succeed though, lot of people can't do that. VenueToolbox needs either massively upgrading or the provider changing. It's proved time and again (Notts County, Harrogate and Luton now) to be unfit for purpose.

Bought mine at about 2pm with no problems. Can't believe I did. I can't stand Luton as a place or the ground!
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 20, 2023, 2:46pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from thornemariner

Bought mine at about 2pm with no problems. Can't believe I did. I can't stand Luton as a place or the ground!

Seems to be an overriding sense of this. I texted someone at FT on Tuesday with "FFS I don't want to go to Luton", was never going to not go.

This hasn't happened since 2000, so might as well have never happened as far as I'm concerned!
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 20, 2023, 2:50pm; Reply: 36
Just bought two tickets on my log in online even though it says tickets are available on a one for basis.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 20, 2023, 2:52pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from HerveJosse
Just bought two tickets on my log in online even though it says tickets are available on a one for basis.

Do you have your season tickets linked? I can, for example, buy four at a time cos I sit with three other people and the system is all linked up for this purpose.
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 20, 2023, 2:57pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Mariner_09

Do you have your season tickets linked? I can, for example, buy four at a time cos I sit with three other people and the system is all linked up for this purpose.

I do but I didn’t to buy on the linked ones because it let me buy on my own
Posted by: ska face, January 20, 2023, 3:29pm; Reply: 39
If you’ve got linked tickets then you can buy them all under one log in, you don’t need to put any more information in or log in under each ticket?
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 20, 2023, 3:34pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from ska face
If you’ve got linked tickets then you can buy them all under one log in, you don’t need to put any more information in or log in under each ticket?

This is correct. Learned this inside out last season when I was terrified I wouldn't get Notts C/Wrexham tickets.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 20, 2023, 3:35pm; Reply: 41
I’ve got 5 links accounts, don’t need to login in for all of them.

I logged in at 8:58, refresh a couple of times, confirmation email at 9:06…back to my brew…
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 20, 2023, 3:37pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from aldi_01
I’ve got 5 links accounts, don’t need to login in for all of them.

I logged in at 8:58, refresh a couple of times, confirmation email at 9:06…back to my brew…

You got dead lucky mate!
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 20, 2023, 3:58pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from ska face

Noted but seems odd I have 4 linked accounts but only bought two tickets on my account so how does it know which of the the other linked accounts has used there entitlement. Doesn’t matter on this occasion as others not going but seems odd.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 20, 2023, 3:59pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from HerveJosse

Noted but seems odd I have 4 linked accounts but only bought two tickets on my account so how does it know which of the the other linked accounts has used there entitlement. Doesn’t matter on this occasion as others not going but seems odd.

Cos they essentially become one big account with 4 subsections. Anyone of you four can still login and buy two more.
Posted by: FishySmithy, January 20, 2023, 9:04pm; Reply: 45
Before 10:00 we had sold over 450 online
Posted by: ska face, January 24, 2023, 3:20pm; Reply: 46
Sold out.

Now that does surprise me.
Posted by: LH, January 24, 2023, 3:30pm; Reply: 47
Everyone’s got a ticket on the off chance they get given a place on the bench!
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 24, 2023, 3:33pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from HerveJosse

Funny how it’s always those who won’t accept any criticsm who also underestimate the potential of this club
Posted by: ginnywings, January 24, 2023, 4:30pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from ska face
Sold out.

Now that does surprise me.

After 2 postponed games, people need a footy fix maybe?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 24, 2023, 4:49pm; Reply: 50
I can’t fathom why anyone would think we wouldn’t sell out once London / SE based Mariners could start buying them on an unrestricted basis.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 24, 2023, 7:37pm; Reply: 51
Cost of living crisis , long way to go , shite ground , Luton makes gy look posh….what a club selling out just fantastic
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 25, 2023, 9:56am; Reply: 52
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Cost of living crisis , long way to go , shite ground , Luton makes gy look posh….what a club selling out just fantastic

Those are the reasons it didn't sell out to STH.

If you look at our travelling support to somewhere circa 200 miles away in the North - Barrow for example - circa 450 - fantastic number for a Tuesday night, but compare to London area Tuesday nights last season, that was a regular 800+, that gives a measure of our regular London / and SE support - circa 3/400. They might not be all Town fans in that number a few will be Town fans dragging along footie-mad mates.

Great to have this big exile support, relative to our home crowds it's probably one of the biggest in the League. Doesn't put that much cash in the coffers of the club mind.

Posted by: forza ivano, January 25, 2023, 7:12pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Those are the reasons it didn't sell out to STH.

If you look at our travelling support to somewhere circa 200 miles away in the North - Barrow for example - circa 450 - fantastic number for a Tuesday night, but compare to London area Tuesday nights last season, that was a regular 800+, that gives a measure of our regular London / and SE support - circa 3/400. They might not be all Town fans in that number a few will be Town fans dragging along footie-mad mates.

Great to have this big exile support, relative to our home crowds it's probably one of the biggest in the League. Doesn't put that much cash in the coffers of the club mind.

If only a way could be found to tap in and include the the exiles I'm sure it could be a useful revenue stream
Posted by: LH, January 25, 2023, 7:17pm; Reply: 54
Don’t worry - there’ll be plenty of seats for exiles to fill at BP next season!
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, January 25, 2023, 7:22pm; Reply: 55
Fair play to all of you that are going, just hope we’re not 4-0 down by half time
Posted by: immariner, January 26, 2023, 10:05am; Reply: 56
Anyone know of any spares knocking about?

Gobby has sorted me out. Much appreciated mate

#fishycommunity
#ataw
#utm
#cottas
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 26, 2023, 1:08pm; Reply: 57
Yet again the opposition fans on their forum do not have many complimentary things to say about our away support, apart from the numbers we take.
Posted by: aldi_01, January 26, 2023, 1:11pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Gaffer58
Yet again the opposition fans on their forum do not have many complimentary things to say about our away support, apart from the numbers we take.

It’s Luton…people in glass houses…
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 26, 2023, 1:16pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Gaffer58

What do you want them to say?

‘Oh there’s a lovely young chap on the Grimsby forum who carries 58 rolls of gaffer tape in his car boot. As soon as he spots an elderly lady heading towards a trip hazard he rushes over and tapes the cables down. He does a lot of work for charity too and I hear his föreskin smells of Puligny Montrachet’.

It’s a football forum. Not Tinder.

Marginal gains.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 26, 2023, 1:24pm; Reply: 60
Luton fans have ideas of grandeur regards there support  The best following I can recall from them here was the 7-1 FA Cup game when ghey brought around 8/900 so not sure how they can have a pop? Give Luton credit for one thing they generally have brilliant kits
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 4:09pm