Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, January 13, 2023, 8:54pm
Anyone on the trains please check for updates. Although they're not showing me anything I've been digging around and found that trains between Bristol and Swindon are effected by severe floods so some trains are delayed by up to 45 minutes and some are cancelled.
Due for.heavy rain and winds up until lunch Time in Swindon so please if you're heading over stay safe. I will be losing out on some money for the 2nd time in 3 weeks now and will have to drive tomorrow!
Utm safe journey all
Posted by: denni266, January 13, 2023, 9:46pm; Reply: 1
Watch the weather forcasts as well in the morning, Just seen will be up to 100 mm of rain over night and in the morning . could be a  wash out
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 13, 2023, 10:15pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from denni266
Watch the weather forcasts as well in the morning, Just seen will be up to 100 mm of rain over night and in the morning . could be a  wash out

Absolutely, with the forecasted wind and rain, I'd not be surprised if this is called off, I'll be checking in regularly on the way over I'll say that much...to all travelling mariners, take it easy and be safe
Posted by: lukeo, January 13, 2023, 10:43pm; Reply: 3
The only positive we have is that it hasn't rained all day today, it is the 11hrs from midnight that's the concern
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 13, 2023, 10:47pm; Reply: 4
Everyone……have a safe journey.
Posted by: Town Monkey, January 14, 2023, 12:28am; Reply: 5
I’m in North Somerset and it’s currently torrential here. We’re probably going to attempt the train tomorrow but if they haven’t got brilliant drainage I’ll be surprised if it’s on if the rain carries on like this.
Posted by: Lord Gadiform, January 14, 2023, 12:36am; Reply: 6
Roses are wet
Violets are wet
Everything’s wet
It’s Somerset

Get the big coat out
Posted by: Town Monkey, January 14, 2023, 1:06am; Reply: 7
The ladies not so much with Lukeo’s Ryan Giggs rhymes!  :K) :K)
Posted by: lukeo, January 14, 2023, 8:21am; Reply: 8
Rains easing off by 10-11am.

Trainline are saying the tracks back open and operational but potential 30mins delays and cancellation may happen, absolute joke our public transport.  Which I hadn't bothered investing in hope to start making more town games via the train.
Posted by: Davec, January 14, 2023, 8:47am; Reply: 9
Quoted from lukeo

Trainline are saying the tracks back open and operational but potential 30mins delays and cancellation may happen, absolute joke our public transport.  Which I hadn't bothered investing in hope to start making more town games via the train.

if you are delayed then you may be able to claim delay repay l compensation via the train company you was using when the delay was incurred.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2023, 8:56am; Reply: 10
Quoted from lukeo

I agree in part, but, you can’t blame the weather on rail companies Luke.

Yes the infrastructure is terrible in places (99.9% at a guess) but it’s an old system that hasn’t been properly upgraded in decades, if ever.

Anyway, get your ar5e on the train, buy yourself a 4 pack of special brew and enjoy watching the game.
Posted by: lukeo, January 14, 2023, 9:02am; Reply: 11
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I agree in part, but, you can’t blame the weather on rail companies Luke.

Yes the infrastructure is terrible in places (99.9% at a guess) but it’s an old system that hasn’t been properly upgraded in decades, if ever.

Anyway, get your ar5e on the train, buy yourself a 4 pack of special brew and enjoy watching the game.

When you say 4 pack you mean water right?
I don't drink 👀  
But you're right I am going to risk the train. All town are we

** I agree it's not their fault if it floods its just the whole system from prices to strikes to constant delays and cancellations (admittedly some out of their control)
Posted by: Mayaman, January 14, 2023, 9:14am; Reply: 12
The trains back home are a shambles.  We must be the laughing stock (excuse the pun) of Europe.   I went back in Summer and took three trains.   One cancelled (had to get the later train - fair enough but If I chose that , I'd have to pay again), one late and one cancelled (all trains cancelled that day).  TBF it was the hottest day of the year but it was predictable as the papers had been banging on about it for a week or more before.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2023, 10:29am; Reply: 13
Quoted from lukeo

When you say 4 pack you mean water right?
I don't drink 👀  
But you're right I am going to risk the train. All town are we

** I agree it's not their fault if it floods its just the whole system from prices to strikes to constant delays and cancellations (admittedly some out of their control)

Someone please correct if wrong. But, isn’t it, all town ARENT we?
Posted by: lukeo, January 14, 2023, 10:49am; Reply: 14
Trains noe cancelled again and cricket club isn't allowing away fans (our information said they were)
Posted by: Davec, January 14, 2023, 10:59am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mayaman
The trains back home are a shambles.  We must be the laughing stock (excuse the pun) of Europe.   I went back in Summer and took three trains.   One cancelled (had to get the later train - fair enough but If I chose that , I'd have to pay again), one late and one cancelled (all trains cancelled that day).  TBF it was the hottest day of the year but it was predictable as the papers had been banging on about it for a week or more before.

You shouldn't have had to pay again if your train is cancelled even if you held an advance ticket you still should have been able to catch the later servic, , also if your train is cancelled or you are delayed you should be able to claim compensation (in some cases every penny back fee free)

Unfortunately rail companies in this country are not very customer focused so they always look convince customers they need to pay again when they actually don't need to.

Also the fact that delay repay can be claimed for is never advertised.

Posted by: supertown, January 14, 2023, 11:08am; Reply: 16
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Someone please correct if wrong. But, isn’t it, all town ARENT we?

It is
Posted by: MaccasBoots, January 14, 2023, 11:40am; Reply: 17
Loads of trains cancelled/delayed, absolute excrement show
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 14, 2023, 11:55am; Reply: 18
This is chaos, I'm en route to Paddington to get my train now. Is that a bad move? Should I be staying on the Elizabeth Line all the way to Reading?
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 14, 2023, 12:36pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mayaman

Hottest day ever in UK wasn’t it to be fair!

I do agree with you though. Not a patch on the Hué - Hoi An line 😁
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 14, 2023, 1:12pm; Reply: 20
Peckham to Paddington to Reading to Didcot Parkway to Swindon.

Easy one from London they said!
Posted by: lukeo, January 14, 2023, 1:23pm; Reply: 21
My train was cancelled luckily I already left.
My uncle got to Bath and was stuck so has paid £120 for a taxi!
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 2:59am