SUNDAY 8 JANUARY 2023
• Cardiff City v Leeds United at 2pm on ITV,1 ITVX, UTV, STV and STV Player
• Manchester City v Chelsea at 4.30pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer

MONDAY 9 JANUARY 2023
• Oxford United v Arsenal at 8pm on ITV1, ITVX, UTV, STV and STV Player
Posted by: Hagrid, December 2, 2022, 5:10pm; Reply: 1
Cardiff Leeds!?!??!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 2, 2022, 5:14pm; Reply: 2
3 of the 5 all Premier League ties televised! If you want to watch a Premier League team take on another, you can do it every week!
Posted by: supertown, December 2, 2022, 5:23pm; Reply: 3
That’s poor decision making
Posted by: lukeo, December 2, 2022, 5:25pm; Reply: 4
Only one for me that says 'hey watch this fa Cup game it could be interesting' is Sheffield w v Newcastle.. what a load of excrement the rest are
Posted by: wuffing, December 2, 2022, 6:19pm; Reply: 5
Ah well. We'll just have to make the final. They will have to televise us then!  ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, December 2, 2022, 10:31pm; Reply: 6
Man Utd could be the first team knocked out this year then
Posted by: LH, December 2, 2022, 10:38pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
Man Utd could be the first team knocked out this year then

They’ve got Everton so they probably won’t be.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 3, 2022, 8:13am; Reply: 8
I cannot believe they have chosen those ties over ours.
Posted by: pen penfras, December 3, 2022, 8:31am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Why? ITV is part funded by adverts so needs highest viewing figures to attract advertisers, Liverpool and Man Utd are the 2 biggest clubs in the country. Man City vs Chelsea is the next 2 biggest teams playing each other. They all make sense.

Then there's PL teams against slightly lower teams. None of which attract me, but neither does Burton v Grimsby Town and I support one of those.

I know there's a small amount of die hard football fans that like watching obscure matches, but the tv license is not there to entertain a niche group of people, it's there to provide entertainment to the largest audiences possible.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 3, 2022, 8:39am; Reply: 10
Quoted from lukeo
Only one for me that says 'hey watch this fa Cup game it could be interesting' is Sheffield w v Newcastle.. what a load of excrement the rest are

Think Oxford Arsenal's a great tie.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 3, 2022, 8:42am; Reply: 11
Quoted from pen penfras

Why? ITV is part funded by adverts so needs highest viewing figures to attract advertisers, Liverpool and Man Utd are the 2 biggest clubs in the country. Man City vs Chelsea is the next 2 biggest teams playing each other. They all make sense.

Then there's PL teams against slightly lower teams. None of which attract me, but neither does Burton v Grimsby Town and I support one of those.

I know there's a small amount of die hard football fans that like watching obscure matches, but the tv license is not there to entertain a niche group of people, it's there to provide entertainment to the largest audiences possible.

I think in Imperial corners defence he was being sarcastic if I’m honest.

I can’t believe there’s a single town fan who’s that daft that they thought a game even we’re disappointed with would make it on the telebox.

I’m left bewildered every time when it comes to TV choices. They’re predictable and usually boring once it hits the third round but nobody should be surprised…boring or not, Man Utd v Everton will bring in more viewers which is what the TV folk want/need. Are people still naive enough to think TV companies care about football fans or want to plicate the minority of footballing nerds that would watch two lower league clubs playing each other?

I guess the answer is, ‘apparently so’…
Posted by: Posh Harry, December 3, 2022, 9:21am; Reply: 12
Quoted from pen penfras

Whoosh!!!
Posted by: DB, December 3, 2022, 10:06am; Reply: 13
Quoted from pen penfras

I hope you know it's a home game, it's a long way to Burton for nothing.

Posted by: lukeo, December 3, 2022, 10:51am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Although I disagree with the TV choice. Even me being a Grimsby fan don't expect Grimsby v Burton to be chosen.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 2:20pm